AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-04, 02:53   Link #4041
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I like every female character except for Aria. I don't care if she is the main heroine, she is a violent lolita pink haired tsundere

Seriously hoping for the harem end, don't hate me for this
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 12:14   Link #4042
nicothegirl
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyddty View Post
Regarding your question, I think at some point she grew horns according to summaries but other than that I havent heard about it since
Ah thanks
also I think the image is in my profile but it looks so small D:
Bottom line is it's a pic of aria with her new "sailor moon" style hair while wearing a white dress (it kinda looks like it should be a fancy night gown)
...she looks more dere dere than tsun tsun lately
#2spooky4me
nicothegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 12:18   Link #4043
tsunade666

can you reupload the image to imgur? the horns comes from when she because part goddess.
Old 2015-07-04, 14:37   Link #4044
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicothegirl View Post
Ah thanks
also I think the image is in my profile but it looks so small D:
Bottom line is it's a pic of aria with her new "sailor moon" style hair while wearing a white dress (it kinda looks like it should be a fancy night gown)
...she looks more dere dere than tsun tsun lately
You mean this image?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 15:31   Link #4045
nicothegirl
Ghost

yes that one
#2spooky4me
Old 2015-07-04, 16:42   Link #4046
Karolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I like every female character except for Aria. I don't care if she is the main heroine, she is a violent lolita pink haired tsundere

Seriously hoping for the harem end, don't hate me for this
i hate lolis
Karolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 17:53   Link #4047
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolik View Post
i hate lolis
I really don't care about loli's, however Aria is a whole other case
I HATE characters like her, especially if they have the advantage of being "main heroine".
Old 2015-07-04, 19:31   Link #4048
tsunade666

^why do you hate her? aside from being violent and all but she is forgiving and trusting to Kinji. Heck, my only problem with her is being violent and aggressive but aside from that. She is better than the other tsundere character out there in other series.

unless you gave a good reason for the hate then your just being unfair towards her.
Old 2015-07-04, 20:24   Link #4049
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^why do you hate her? aside from being violent and all but she is forgiving and trusting to Kinji. Heck, my only problem with her is being violent and aggressive but aside from that. She is better than the other tsundere character out there in other series.

unless you gave a good reason for the hate then your just being unfair towards her.
You're joking, right? She's annoying, violent, aggressive, thinks Kinji has to do what she wants otherwise starts shooting him, and is a flat chested loli... There're so much enough reasons to hate her character that it completely outweigh any positive traits she could possibly have.

Forgiving? Please, don't joke around.
Trusting? Maybe only in his abilities when in Hysteria mode. The guy can't take a step without her knowing and going ballistic later.

Please, point out at least one tsundere character, aside from Louis, that's actually worse than Aria. Aside from the maso-lolicon out there, I can't possibly imagine someone actually liking her character.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-04, 20:35   Link #4050
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
You're joking, right? She's annoying, violent, aggressive, thinks Kinji has to do what she wants otherwise starts shooting him, and is a flat chested loli... There're so much enough reasons to hate her character that it completely outweigh any positive traits she could possibly have.

Trusting? Maybe only in his abilities when in Hysteria mode. The guy can't take a step without her knowing and going ballistic later.

Please, point out at least one tsundere character, aside from Louis, that's actually worse than Aria. Aside from the maso-lolicon out there, I can't possibly imagine someone actually liking her character.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 2015-07-04, 22:03   Link #4051
nicothegirl
Ghost

Quote:
Please, point out at least one tsundere character, aside from Louis, that's actually worse than Aria.
Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, i mean i liked her but she was such a complex character that came of as bratty and snotty on top of being a tsundere. if it wasn't for the insight the anime/manga gave us on her past and whatever was going on in that fucked up little mind of hers i would have ended up hating her to the core. now im just kinda meh about her "tsundereness"

and on a different note, that girl from B gata H kei... the main character yamada.
like i know she's not really a tsundere but that tsundere act she put up was the cringe worthiest thing ive ever seen . like imo that was the worst tsundere (act) ive ever seen
everytime i thought she was going to drop her stupid act and get her shit in gear, i felt genuine relief like "oh shit, we're going to get some actual development here." but nope. in the end she never really did drop it. it was painful to watch as the poor guy was dragged around on a leash by her.
this girl never once admitted to herself that she actually liked the guy, because of this she would be oblivious to how deeply the boy cared for her and would often think about her " next sex adventure" once she was done with him. i actually wanted the guy to end up with the childhood friend because of how bitchy she was being .

aria imo is not the worst tsundere charcter out there. im not sure about this (b/c i havent read any thing but summaries of the latest novels) but i think aria is sorta calming down
i think shes not firing as many bullets as before and i think (correct me if im wrong) shes trying to be more sincere(?) to kinji
but i do i agree that aria can be very annoying on the account of her childish antics
#2spooky4me
Old 2015-07-04, 22:24   Link #4052
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, i mean i liked her but she was such a complex character that came of as bratty and snotty on top of being a tsundere. if it wasn't for the insight the anime/manga gave us on her past and whatever was going on in that fucked up little mind of hers i would have ended up hating her to the core. now im just kinda meh about her "tsundereness"

and on a different note, that girl from B gata H kei... the main character yamada.
like i know she's not really a tsundere but that tsundere act she put up was the cringe worthiest thing ive ever seen . like imo that was the worst tsundere (act) ive ever seen
everytime i thought she was going to drop her stupid act and get her shit in gear, i felt genuine relief like "oh shit, we're going to get some actual development here." but nope. in the end she never really did drop it. it was painful to watch as the poor guy was dragged around on a leash by her.
this girl never once admitted to herself that she actually liked the guy, because of this she would be oblivious to how deeply the boy cared for her and would often think about her " next sex adventure" once she was done with him. i actually wanted the guy to end up with the childhood friend because of how bitchy she was being .

aria imo is not the worst tsundere charcter out there. im not sure about this (b/c i havent read any thing but summaries of the latest novels) but i think aria is sorta calming down
i think shes not firing as many bullets as before and i think (correct me if im wrong) shes trying to be more sincere(?) to kinji
but i do i agree that aria can be very annoying on the account of her childish antics
Being the shitty protagonist that Shinji was, Asuka had all the rights in the Worlds to actually take her Eva and starting shoot Shinji until he mans up.

The actual reason Aria toned down a bit is because the author used some "bullshitical" plot device. That thing about Aria being more honest because her hihiirokane was taken from her body. Seriously, I wanted to punch the author.
Old 2015-07-05, 01:18   Link #4053
hyddty

Well, we all had different opinions, but in the end I still like Aria
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 02:44   Link #4054
ZeKeR
Superbad

speaking of which, isn't Kinichi good about kinji lugging around their old man's deagle? sure he was named "Golden Cross" (btw did kobuchi(?) illustrate Mr. Tohyama?) but to have the youngest lug that around though.
Old 2015-07-05, 03:17   Link #4055
tsunade666

Quote:
:
-_-

Aria is indeed aggressive and I agree with that. And trigger happy too that when Kinji did an IDIOTIC thing. She goes ballistic but Kinji did most of the time provoke her into doing it. Its just Aria is easy to get angry. Short temper and she has guns.

But for forgiving and trusting? surely you jest. Even in vol 1 its already there.

Forgiving when Kinji investigates her, why because it warrants it and she's understanding that she's forcing Kinji into coming back to his original work. She's forgiving Kinji for not working up what she expects but its not like Kinji can go from E-A to S without going to HSS, so even if the bus hijacking results into her getting injured by saving Kinji. She understands and forgive. She also forgive Kinji's for indecisiveness in resulting her almost going home but Kinji did find her. Kinji has lots of faults even in the beginning but she understands and forgive. That's a lot and the issue here is, Aria saw Kinji at best first(in HSS) before his normal self. Aria didn't approach him directly but investigates him first which is a normal thing to do. But with the other people's view of Kinji, his entrance exam result and her initial view of him. She has high opinion of him. And even if he didn't deliver it. She still forgives him (though more often than not she goes trigger happy)

that's speaks a lot of character.

She also trust Kinji but this is more of his first impression on her but even after that. She trust Kinji to allow him to follow her to prison to view her Mama. Its Aria's secret but she didn't care because she TRUST kinji as her PARTNER but well Kinji doesn't see it that way but She still has complete trust on him. Even in vol 2 with Jeanne. She trust Kinji understand her. Though its partially her fault because there is indeed no hard evidence that there is something wrong aside from her lolinstinct but Kinji should also trust her. Because they are PARTNERS and that is what they are when vol 1 ended.

Aria has faults. Heck, she has lots of faults but even with it. I won't ignore her good traits.

If you ask me. The reason why Aria is annoying is because of Kinji. Majority of the problem is with Kinji.

Kinji even though he said it to himself that he will completely trust Aria. He still didn't. From the beginning even until later volumes. Heck, he didn't even completely believe/trust his childhood friend Shirayuki which is why she got taken from him in vol 2. Kinji didn't believe Aria that the threat is real and didn't put his entire effort in guarding Shirayuki.

If you ask me. KINJI HAS TONS OF FAULTS with little redeeming qualities.

While I said that Aria isn't the worse though if you compare her to the others. She might indeed look bad but she still has her character.

Shirayuki is into her own world with her kin-chan
Riko is the best. enough said
Reki will follow Kinji. enough said

the others just doesn't have that glaring faults (aside from yandere shirayuki)
that Aria look bad.

But if Kinji is actually a good character then Aria won't look that bad.

Its the same for Louise from ZnT. She goes explosion onto Saito because Saito is unfaithful. Saito said he loves her, heck they even made a marriage vow at some point before Saito goes against the army of 70000 but after that? Saito goes with another girls. Even if the other girls temp him but he should stand his ground. He said he already love her and he goes to see other girls? that's unforgivable. Its not dxd that the girls are fine with harem. Lois is a noble girl that has been though iron rules by her mother. She isn't fine with being just a house wife, number 2 or wife but with her husband with mistress. I know any girl will get angry with their boyfriend from being unfaithful.

Though that is for later volume. Louise is indeed troublesome tsundere at first with how she treats saito as a dog. But I blame that with the whole noble upbringing and seeing familiar as pets, and the social caste of noble and commoner. Its the setting. Though I still fault Louise for the whip. I just understand try to understand.

Taiga is also the same with her forcing/blackmailing Ryuuji into helping her to become close to his friend. But Taiga did improve in the story later on. But she is still easy to get angry. Annoying Tsundere quality short temper.

hmmm

Claire is also the same. She mellows down later own but her fire whip hurts more than bullets fired in bullet proof vest. At least it didn't leave any damage aside from the shock damage. Good thing there is magic there or kamito is cinders.

if you to ask me for something bad look at Mikoto.

Though I fault it for authors bad handling for characters.

Index runs for 40+ volumes but Mikoto is still the same.

She goes biribiri towards Touma even though they are at best, FRIENDS ONLY.

I will probably try to understand Mikoto if she is Index that said to Touma at the end of vol 1 that she loves Touma but she isn't.

I will try understand Mikoto if she knew or understand Touma more but she isn't.

I will try to understand
Mikoto if she is in relationship with Touma but she isn't

I will try to understand
Mikoto if she is close to Touma to warrant such reaction but she isn't

Mikoto has lots of violent reaction towards Touma that at first Touma evades her because she hunts him down to pick a fight. Thank god for plot convinient memory destruction that Touma doesn't know about this.

Mikoto even after 40+ volumes isn't close enough to Touma to warrant such jealous reaction towards other girls or when Touma is close to other girls.

They aren't just close enough for me to understand why she fires electricity towards Touma for when she saw her close to some other girls.

I will understand Mikoto when she gets angry with Touma when he said something wrong but still its not enough for her to try to fry him. Its wrong in many levels.

I blame Kamachi for lack of development or rather there is a development in later volumes but it just reset in the next one.

Hopefully the next volume delivers.

For me a bad character is someone that doesn't improve or change as the story goes on. That even with all the trials that happen. They stay the same.

Aria might be the same but I blame Kinji -_- this guy and his tsundere qualities clash with Aria's tsundereness. Bad combination if you ask me.
Old 2015-07-05, 05:20   Link #4056
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
But for forgiving and trusting? surely you jest. Even in vol 1 its already there.

Forgiving when Kinji investigates her, why because it warrants it and she's understanding that she's forcing Kinji into coming back to his original work. She's forgiving Kinji for not working up what she expects but its not like Kinji can go from E-A to S without going to HSS, so even if the bus hijacking results into her getting injured by saving Kinji. She understands and forgive. She also forgive Kinji's for indecisiveness in resulting her almost going home but Kinji did find her. Kinji has lots of faults even in the beginning but she understands and forgive. That's a lot and the issue here is, Aria saw Kinji at best first(in HSS) before his normal self. Aria didn't approach him directly but investigates him first which is a normal thing to do. But with the other people's view of Kinji, his entrance exam result and her initial view of him. She has high opinion of him. And even if he didn't deliver it. She still forgives him (though more often than not she goes trigger happy)

that's speaks a lot of character.
No man, no! Did we read the same volume 1? Aria had nothing to expect from Kinji. She invaded his house and started living there on her own, threatened him, shot him, and forced her selfishness on Kinji. Forgive his indecisiveness? Kinji was never indecisive to begin with, all he wanted was to retire. The only reason he got indecisive was because he felt pity for her, but Kinji never had any obligation to Aria.

Doesn't matter if Aria has a high opinion of Kinji, nothing justifies her behavior. And aside from that volume 2 stuff with Jeanne, Aria never had anything to actually forgive Kinji for.

And again, Aria's only trust is in Kinji's abilities in HSS. Because the guy can't take a step out of her view, or simply talk with a girl, without Aria going ballistic.

Quote:
She also trust Kinji but this is more of his first impression on her but even after that. She trust Kinji to allow him to follow her to prison to view her Mama. Its Aria's secret but she didn't care because she TRUST kinji as her PARTNER but well Kinji doesn't see it that way but She still has complete trust on him. Even in vol 2 with Jeanne. She trust Kinji understand her. Though its partially her fault because there is indeed no hard evidence that there is something wrong aside from her lolinstinct but Kinji should also trust her. Because they are PARTNERS and that is what they are when vol 1 ended.
I truly don't understand what trust you were expecting from Kinji. Doesn't matter if her mother was in jail or not, she had no right to do what she did to Kinji. Any normal person would have already punched her when she tried to force her way into their home.

The thing from volume 2 can barely count, too. They had only known each other for barely a month, and Aria was trying to catch some criminal that was doubtful if even existed only because her sixthlolisense.

Quote:
Aria has faults. Heck, she has lots of faults but even with it. I won't ignore her good traits.
If Aria has any good traits, forgiveness is definitely not one of them.

Quote:
If you ask me. The reason why Aria is annoying is because of Kinji. Majority of the problem is with Kinji.
Yes, Kinji has a lot of glaring flaws as a character, and can be quite annoying some times. But Aria being annoying has nothing to do with him. Heck, I can actually count on one hand the number of times that Kinji was actually at fault for Aria going ballistic.

Quote:
Kinji even though he said it to himself that he will completely trust Aria. He still didn't. From the beginning even until later volumes. Heck, he didn't even completely believe/trust his childhood friend Shirayuki which is why she got taken from him in vol 2. Kinji didn't believe Aria that the threat is real and didn't put his entire effort in guarding Shirayuki.
After the stuff of distrust in volume 2, Kinji's got a lot more trust in Aria, That's a fact.

And what do you mean he didn't believe Shirayuki? She never told Kinji anything, she kept quiet about her plight from beginning to end. And though I do agree that Kinji didn't put his all in guarding Shirayuki, her being taken was actually her fault for keeping quiet and delivering herself.

Quote:
But if Kinji is actually a good character then Aria won't look that bad.
Aria's character is so annoying that it's in fact a minus for Kinji's character for actually putting up with her. If Kinji were to grow balls to actually tell her off sometimes, Aria herself would probably not be as unbearably annoying.

Quote:
Spoiler for Louise:
I actually question the sanity of Saito for actually falling in love with Louise, but...

Quote:
Spoiler for Mikoto:
I personally don't like Mikoto. Actually, scratch that, aside from Misaki and Othinus, I don't like any of Index's characters. Even the novel itself is not all that interesting to me.

Quote:
For me a bad character is someone that doesn't improve or change as the story goes on. That even with all the trials that happen. They stay the same.

Aria might be the same but I blame Kinji -_- this guy and his tsundere qualities clash with Aria's tsundereness. Bad combination if you ask me.
The problem is that when the improvement comes from a nonsensical plot device. A plot device that was brought by her actually not trusting Kinji and tailing him in the middle of the night to that War Conference, and, like a mad-dog, attacking people way above her league even after Kinji said to stop.
Old 2015-07-05, 10:20   Link #4057
tsunade666

Quote:
And again, Aria's only trust is in Kinji's abilities in HSS. Because the guy can't take a step out of her view, or simply talk with a girl, without Aria going ballistic.

I truly don't understand what trust you were expecting from Kinji. Doesn't matter if her mother was in jail or not, she had no right to do what she did to Kinji. Any normal person would have already punched her when she tried to force her way into their home.

The thing from volume 2 can barely count, too. They had only known each other for barely a month, and Aria was trying to catch some criminal that was doubtful if even existed only because her sixthlolisense.

If Aria has any good traits, forgiveness is definitely not one of them.

After the stuff of distrust in volume 2, Kinji's got a lot more trust in Aria, That's a fact.

And what do you mean he didn't believe Shirayuki? She never told Kinji anything, she kept quiet about her plight from beginning to end. And though I do agree that Kinji didn't put his all in guarding Shirayuki, her being taken was actually her fault for keeping quiet and delivering herself.

Aria's character is so annoying that it's in fact a minus for Kinji's character for actually putting up with her. If Kinji were to grow balls to actually tell her off sometimes, Aria herself would probably not be as unbearably annoying.

I actually question the sanity of Saito for actually falling in love with Louise, but...
I won't sugarcoat on how short Aria's temper is. Which is why I said she's trigger happy.

And like I said. Aria's first impression of Kinji is his HSS form which is why she has HIGH EXPECTATION of him. SHE TRUST KINJI TO BACK HER UP BECAUSE OF IT. But well, its not like Kinji can just say out the secret of HSS but the thing is. She trust him even though its misplace or a result of misunderstanding OR a trust in a twisted way.

As for Kinji not trusting Aria. Didn't he placed his trust already in her in the end of vol 1? Though I agree with you that following some lolfeel of a loli that doesn't have hard evidence is really hard to believe. There is just no physical evidence to prove it, though my memory is not clear about it but there is evidence but not just physical and hard evidence of the crime but there is a crime. Its just lack evidence on who is the suspect aside from the name and Aria's instinct.

Its like looking at a picture that you feel there is wrong but you can't tell what it is.

Hard to based something on the feel if you work as a detective. But sometimes its needed to push you on the right direction. But my problem there is for Kinji going all mad against Aria. Though its also Aria's fault for invading his room and fortifying it. Heck, she made all the decision there. hmmm... hard to defend that case because its most of her fault. To me, my problem there lies on Kinji not believing on her and I'm probably wrong too but for saying Kinji not believing on Shirayuki but there are hints of her behaving odd. Even one of the teacher? if I remember it right said something or hinted it.(not sure anymore)

But mostly I blame Kinji -_-

I really don't like this guy that much. He is badass in HSS mode but out of it. I just lots of complain for him.

Saito is a maso that likes to be whip because seriously. Siesta is a lot more better than that pink b*tch.
Old 2015-07-05, 10:28   Link #4058
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Sounds like you expect to much from him, sounds like Aria herself. It's Aria's fault for wanting something better on a condition that can't be fully controlled. That's idiocy.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 14:48   Link #4059
nicothegirl
Ghost

in any case the kinji x aria ship seems to be set in motion but at this rate it looks like its going to blow up.
is it just me or does it seem like they moved into this relationship way to fast... like theyre not ready fort his kind of relationship in more way than one'

*sigh* they need to grow up some more
#2spooky4me
Old 2015-07-05, 15:48   Link #4060
BladeMancer

Quote:
in any case the kinji x aria ship seems to be set in motion but at this rate it looks like its going to blow up.
is it just me or does it seem like they moved into this relationship way to fast... like theyre not ready fort his kind of relationship in more way than one'

*sigh* they need to grow up some more
God if this is actually happening Kinji must be even more messed up in the head than I thought.
As was stated in the last page, Aria has no appeal as a character (at least to me, I don't know about others) as the slightest misunderstanding sends her into a temper tantrum (a word the shouldn't be all that much associated with a high school student)which ends up with the entire area around her being filled with bullet holes. The fact that she is stubborn makes it worse, as it takes a long time to convince her that it was just a misunderstanding. She is also selfish and inconsiderate, as she barged in Kinji's house and forced him to be her partner. She didn't even consider his reasons for not wanting to be a butei and his dislike for HSS.

I have never written a rant about a character, no matter how bad he/she may be. Aria however lit my fuse by the 7th temper tantrum, its just way too much. The whole novel would have been 8/10 for me, but Aria herself lowers the score to 6/10 or 7/10

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen