AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-02-26, 14:04   Link #61
Motoss

I just can't see Roger getting captured...he seems like the kind of guy that would die fighting rather than be captured.
Motoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 15:30   Link #62
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoss View Post
I just can't see Roger getting captured...he seems like the kind of guy that would die fighting rather than be captured.
well, not to many poeple die in one piece... and if i recall, the world gov't does enjoy public executions, so they would rather take a person alive if they could (i vaguely recall hearing something like the bounty's on wanted posters are cut in half if you kill the target, so full price is only when you bring in alive so that they can be executed; not sure about that though... i might be mixing things up with another show)

I mean, their are kind of two ways it could have played out, both of which could easily end in capture...

1) the marines were clearly stronger force and thus Roger was beaten and as much as he wanted to keep fighting, it got to the point that he was so tired that the marines were able to keep knocking him back down and thus not need to kill him; which they did so as to have him face a proper execution...

or much more likely 2) the marines and roger were so evenly match that they just kept on butting heads, falling down and getting back up... The marines were only strong enough to meet Roger's power with about equal force and thus were not strong enough to outright kill him... and eventually, Roger finnally lots his steam and was knocked out, while the marines in the fight managed to stay consious

ofcourse, when it comes down to it, giving Roger and public excution ended p being a bad idea since it was at the execution that he sparked the pirate gae... the age wouldn't have started if he didn't get those last words
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 19:02   Link #63
Long_Dead
R.I.P

Maybe it was more like the thing with Zoro and he got captured for some other reason that we dont know yet. That maybe will come up at a later date.

(Or he was just tired of owning everyting (one piece) so he thouth he would give the world some fun) who knows...
Long_Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 23:33   Link #64
cHiBi_gOtH

Talking

maybe gold roger changed his identity like what captain kuro did, remember captain kuro??? he disguised as a buttler, one of his crew pretend that he is captain kuro... i really don't know
cHiBi_gOtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 08:22   Link #65
Izaon

Spoiler:
Izaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 06:14   Link #66
Warlord90

As Rayleigh told to the Strawhats in Sabaody Archipelago, Roger gave himself up to the marines.
The marines lied that the captured him so that they can look strong.

As for his strength, he was able to fight with WB but not lose.
We don't know if he has eaten a devil fruit, or why was he so strong.
There might be a tiny possibility that he somehow lives, because he said to Rayleigh that he won't die.

The Royal Shichibukai !!!

Last edited by Warlord90; 2010-01-06 at 07:16.
Warlord90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 07:22   Link #67
HeavensWrath
Gamertag: Colossal92

Send a message via MSN to HeavensWrath
@Warlord90 I think when he told Rayleigh he won't die, its was metaphorical; physically he'll be dead, but he'll live on in the memories and wills of all pirates who look for One Piece (and through the "WIll of D."

As for his crew, I'm pretty sure he let them go. I think the series has shown (haven't watched LOADS of episodes though) that the best crews operate like a family, so Gol D. Roger would have wanted them to live their lives to the fullest. SO...they could

1) Be living normal civilian lives, suppressing all that huge power (like Rayleigh)
2) Gone their own ways - Rayleigh might have just decided to be a civilian after all the bloodshed he's seen through the years, but the others might still love the seas too much to stop...

3) Rayleigh might have been told by Gol D. Roger (being his right hand man) to help and guide Luffy and his crew towards One Piece, but to leave him to make his own decisions. The rest of the crew might be on the island with One Piece, waiting for someone worthy enough to get it (by defeating them all in one-on-one fights)...

P.S: ARe we ever told what Roger's "incurable illness" actually is? Could it possibly be (really, really corny but)...Love? Maybe he fell in love with Luffy's mother after their baby (someone already said something about a hush-up by the marines so Luffy never knows). Not too sure about this because my grasp on the timeline is poor
HeavensWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:09   Link #68
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensWrath View Post
3) Rayleigh might have been told by Gol D. Roger (being his right hand man) to help and guide Luffy and his crew towards One Piece, but to leave him to make his own decisions.
Not possible. Luffy wasn't even born during Roger's time. He was born 5 years after his death. Roger couldn't have known anything about Luffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensWrath View Post
P.S: ARe we ever told what Roger's "incurable illness" actually is? Could it possibly be (really, really corny but)...Love? Maybe he fell in love with Luffy's mother after their baby (someone already said something about a hush-up by the marines so Luffy never knows). Not too sure about this because my grasp on the timeline is poor
Ace is the son of Roger, not Luffy. They're not biological brothers. Ace's parents were Gol D. Roger and Portgas D. Rouge; Luffy's parents are Monkey D. Dragon and unknown mother.
Old 2011-04-02, 02:49   Link #69
noktown

IMO there's no such thing as "Love Sickness",it's just regular Love,on that Amazon Lily Island they call it sickness because it was a bad thing,since the woman fell in love with a man,which led to suffering since the woman can't be with the man she loves,which is why it's called a sickness.They also have no experience with love,so once they fall in love they actually suffer.
(That's my opinion,but "love sickness" sounds stupid).

I mean,how can love be a sickness ?It's not like the "sickness" forces a woman to fall in love with someone(and why was it Luffy and not someone else ?Why opposite gender ?),Boa fell in love with Luffy,because he was a real man,who didn't give a damn about himself,he cared about every one of his friends,he even protected Boa's secret despite beating the crap out of both her sisters.So she fell in love - simple.

And also no one dies from Love,I'm pretty sure Roger wouldn't die of something so stupid.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 20:54   Link #70
Otaku17

Gol Roger was captured because he caught an incurable disease so he disbanded his crew and turned himself in. Rayleigh said so in episode 400
Otaku17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 20:06   Link #71
gazawraith

just seeking to revive this thread because I love speculating on characters. especially Gol D Roger.

I was just re-watching the Whitebeard War Arc and notice that in the Flashback Garp had, when Roger approached the bars and got riled up the flame in the lantern went out and the RE-LIT itself after he calmed down and stopped talking.

just wondering if anyone has any theories on powers and/or abilities about this.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 22:38   Link #72
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I wouldn't pay much attention to that since that was an anime-only "touch" to the scene.
Old 2012-03-26, 14:58   Link #73
Rainbowman

If only we knew Gol D. Roger's relation with Monkey D. Dragon and wether or not we see the parents of the following: Zoro, Sanji, Franky, Brook, and Nami. Also would like to know Luffy's mother and Robin's father.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:18   Link #74
gazawraith

crazy thought after reading that, what if Gol D Roger was Robin's father? only thought it cause of the abilities to read the poneglyphs
Old 2012-03-26, 23:16   Link #75
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
crazy thought after reading that, what if Gol D Roger was Robin's father? only thought it cause of the abilities to read the poneglyphs
Robin isn't a descendent of the "D" lineage, so it's not remotely possible for her to be Roger's daughter. And if she was Roger's daughter, the WG would have made a bigger deal out of her like they did towards Ace.
Old 2012-03-27, 10:52   Link #76
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Robin isn't a descendent of the "D" lineage, so it's not remotely possible for her to be Roger's daughter. And if she was Roger's daughter, the WG would have made a bigger deal out of her like they did towards Ace.
if they knew. not like they have spies on every pirates sex life.

but hey, I said crazy though. theories sprout from crazy thoughts.
Old 2012-03-28, 01:47   Link #77
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
if they knew. not like they have spies on every pirates sex life.

but hey, I said crazy though. theories sprout from crazy thoughts.
They have an amazing intelligence network. They found out Ace was Roger's son. They found out Buggy was infact a member of the Roger pirates and not only that, but he had a 'brotherly relationship' with Shanks.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 02:55   Link #78
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

But strangely Buggy was not using this infos for his own benefit whe he was still in East Blue, maybe out of fear that if the marines find out his connections to roger hes gonna be imprisoned.
Speaking of incurable disease it always come to mind the disease that Dr. Hiruluk got and the miracle drug of Sakura Kingdom.
Old 2012-03-29, 06:20   Link #79
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
But strangely Buggy was not using this infos for his own benefit whe he was still in East Blue, maybe out of fear that if the marines find out his connections to roger hes gonna be imprisoned.
I REALLY just believe that Buggy had just never thought of the fact that his connections with Roger could get him places... seeing as he seems to have just realized it in Marineford.

Not to mention all he really cares about is treasure, so back in East Blue that's all he was really concerned for~
Old 2012-04-12, 11:10   Link #80
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I always thought roger had given himself up, he had seen all that there was to be seen and wanted to keep the pirate era going and what better way to do this than to give himself up and announce that the one piece exists there by encouraging a whole new generation of pirates to go forward yo the grand line and go crazy.

Ok so its not as bad ass as a big all out fight between him and admirals and such but I think just giving himself up and dying for what he believed in is more bad ass than any other theory about how his death came to be.