AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-02-11, 00:33   Link #21
The Small One

The only drop of bitterness in this revelation is, that it kind of justifies Jack's actions.
Before this Jack was brutal and stupid (looking for someone who isn't there). But know, knowing that the Samurai really was there, it seems to have been the clever decision to try investigating further and to resort to more and more brutal means to get to his goal.
Though it greatly depends on his actual knowledge of how sure he could have been about the whereabouts.

I hope in the next chapters we finally get to know what's so important about those samurais.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 03:34   Link #22
J4n1

Unless the ninja is revealed to be a monster that destroys countries for fun and profit, then no, Jacks actions were not justified. They might be, to some degree, appropriate to the task at hand, and not completely stupid, but justified, no.

Trying to claim Jacks actions as justified is just victim blaiming, if i'm hiding someone from a mass murderer, the mass murderer is not justified to murder and/or torture me.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 05:12   Link #23
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Well. Way to kill the tension. Turns out Straw Hats' worries were for naught.

But now I really want to know what makes Raizou so important that the Dukes are willing to risk everything for his sake. Want to know what would make a good twist, in my opinion? If Raizou turned out to have a DF with the power to charm, control or otherwise make people loyal to him, and he used the Minks as a shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... basically, Hancock's power minus the petrification?
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Hore_Hore_no_Mi
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 09:04   Link #24
P_Dezz

That was a great ending to the chapter. I really thought Raizou was going to appear on the flashback, with him asking for assistance of some kind and heading out with Sanji. He must be extremely important, for the minks to guard him with their life and for Jack to go so far the way he did.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 10:11   Link #25
Somnus
Eh?

Count me among those who were caught surprised (and extremely happy about it) at the end of the chapter. Well done, Oda. These breaks are killing me though, I'm loving the Mink arc too much.
Old 2016-02-11, 10:32   Link #26
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

remember when shanks came on whitebeard's ship?
I hope luffy makes an entrance like that when he goes to see big mom
Old 2016-02-11, 11:44   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, I did not see that twist coming. It makes the Minks all the more worthy of respect and admiration.
Old 2016-02-11, 12:54   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
Even though WB was above Shanks in reputation, they still had the same title essentially. Big Mom is not going to treat Luffy similarly to that level of respect at all. To her, he's just an arrogant immature upstart who already insulted her greatly. It's going to take quite a bit of coaxing or a turn in the story for her not to kill him.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 13:02   Link #29
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
May god hear you.. I mean Oda, my mistake
Btw am I the only one who thought that this guy Raizou may be some prince or even a king when Kinemon said that he is retainer of the family of this guy ?
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 16:45   Link #30
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Yeah, i was fearing for extended drama about something Samurais had no power over, but instead i got a heartwarming tale of loyalty and friendship.

Now we can skip lot of pointless drama and move on to either rescuing Sanji or working on the ninja subplot.
Whichever comes first. Apparently our samurai friends were the only exception from the Wano country that can be trusted by the minks.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 16:54   Link #31
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
May god hear you.. I mean Oda, my mistake
Yeah, probably better ask Oda.
Because as awesome Usopp is, i think he has little editorial input on the story.
Old 2016-02-12, 16:11   Link #32
Rainbowman

Here's a question I realized into thinking: If Raizou really is on Zou, what makes him important that Jack wanted him so badly? 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 17:25   Link #33
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^ we've been asking that in general about all the samurai since Punk Hazard. An ever elusive mystery so far.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 18:17   Link #34
J4n1

He knows the eleven secret herbs and spices.
Old 2016-02-14, 13:01   Link #35
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 816
Dang Kaidou has some good intel. I thought Jack was just being ruthless for no reason but he was right. So I guess the torture was not for nothing and does not seem so barbaric after all. The Mink tribe just put on a good show and resisted torture, but I wonder if it was convincing enough for Jack? The Mink tribe got very luck that Luffy decided to cause trouble in Dressrosa. It pulled Jack's attention from Mink's and to Daflamingo and the SAD operation. I wonder if Jack would have slaughtered the whole tribe if the whole Dressrosa arch didn't happen? Opinion wise I think yes. Now I wonder if Jack is a sadistic person or just takes his role and job extreme like Akainu?
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote