AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-04-27, 17:08   Link #21
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Hmm... is anyone else kinda waiting for someone to jump out from behind AOD and yell "Gotcha!"?

Of course, they must know they'd be mauled, hung, drawn and quartered, and all their worldy posessions and family members would be auctioned off to fund ADV licensing AIR for real, but I'm still half expecting it to happen.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 17:10   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Hmm... is anyone else kinda waiting for someone to jump out from behind AOD and yell "Gotcha!"?

Of course, they must know they'd be mauled, hung, drawn and quartered, and all their worldy posessions and family members would be auctioned off to fund ADV licensing AIR for real, but I'm still half expecting it to happen.
Its not April 1st --- and DON'T JINX IT!
Old 2007-04-27, 17:13   Link #23
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

One thing I can't foreseeing, giving Haruko a American Southen Accent for the Dub.....

Her Kansai Ben is what make her stands out.

And of course, the Summer Arc might be all Shakespearean Talk to fit the mood in the dub.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 17:20   Link #24
cmage

Quote:

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was a joke. x.x Ran over to ANN to check, and lo! it's real. Gao~~~
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 17:29   Link #25
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Hmmm...am I missing something? Why is it such a big surprise to see Air getting licensed? Just because it's been a while since it aired?

Anyway, I'm so gonna buy these DVDs.
Old 2007-04-27, 17:30   Link #26
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

A Stegosaurus t-shirt with the special edition would be ultra-win.
Old 2007-04-27, 17:32   Link #27
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Shuffle, Utawaremono, Fate/Stay Night, Happy Lesson, Sister Princess and numerous gal games/eroge weren't licensed. Would that move hurt more than benefit typical americans?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 17:47   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
A Stegosaurus t-shirt with the special edition would be ultra-win.
*has his Stegosaurus Jumper on now"
Old 2007-04-27, 18:09   Link #29
FireChick

This oughta be sweet! I haven't seen Air in a long time and I KNEW it was gonna be licensed by ADV and I was right! I'm thinking these people should voice the characters (these are NOT real. Just my suggestions)

Kunisaki Yukito: John Gremillion
Kamio Misuzu: Kira Vincent-Davis
Kamio Haruko: Luci Christian
Kirishima Kano: Hilary Haag
Tohno Minagi: Allison Sumrall
Michiru: Sasha Paysinger
Kanna: Jessica Boone
Ryuuya: Chris Patton
Uraha: Shelley-Calene Black
Tachibana Keisuke: John Swasey

Do not take these seriously cuz' these are just my suggestions.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 18:23   Link #30
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
...holy. CRAP. Well, as awesome as that sounds, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the dub sucks to high hell, because I don't put a lot of faith in American voice actors in anime. Of course, I'll still sell a kidney or something to buy it, and I'll still just be watching the subtitles, but it's the fact of the matter!

Atrocious dub, especially a bad Misuzu = end of something's existence. XD

I guess this means it IS possible for Kanon to come to the states in the future. Interesting.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 18:28   Link #31
jk123

W00t, I didn't think AIR would get licensed! I have to buy those DVDs. Though I thought Kanon would have gotten licensed first if either one was going to... I've had a bad experience with dubs, so let's just hope it's a good one!
jk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 18:31   Link #32
jk123

Lawlz... Guess we can say goodbye to the thread about why AIR hasn't been licensed yet.
jk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 19:20   Link #33
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
Good news that they picked up both the TV and the Movie.

To think that it'd finally be coming to US shores... now I'll have to get rid of that BD-Box.
Just to clear things up a little, ADV has the TV series, the Movie, and the "In Summer" OVA.
Aya Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 19:21   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Just to clear things up a little, ADV has the TV series, the Movie, and the "In Summer" OVA.
Well, i don't think In Summer has been mentioned --- though ADV could have it as part of the TV series.

Hard to say.
Old 2007-04-27, 19:27   Link #35
rg4619

Quote:
Well, i don't think In Summer has been mentioned --- though ADV could have it as part of the TV series.
Apparently, one of AnimeOnDVD's staff writers confirmed the acquisition. The DVDs will also be released on a monthly basis.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 19:28   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Apparently, one of AnimeOnDVD's staff writers confirmed the acquisition. The DVDs will also be released on a monthly basis.
Good to hear, thanks!

It'll be interesting to see how the movie shall do --- of course they've gone the good path that is 'release the movie after a few volumes of the TV series', that way it'll get more people interesting in seeing the movie.
Old 2007-04-27, 19:29   Link #37
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Holy....

My god. I wake up this morning, click on ANN and this forum, and almost have a heart attack. And it's this August! This is... absolutely fantastic, are the first words that spring to mind.

I don't care about dubs, naturally... I'm just hoping for a beautiful transfer (should be done, ADV does their own encoding from masters), with a good sub track and some fantastic packaging. And hey, extras for the win would be great too!

I'm still in shock. Happy shock. ^^

-Andiyar
Old 2007-04-27, 19:33   Link #38
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Hard to say.
Usually OVA's are released along with the series if they were released after the series aired. Examples include Please Teacher/Twins, Banner of the Star. Although, R.O.D was and still is sold separately, and it was released long before the TV series.
Old 2007-04-27, 19:54   Link #39
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Excuse me while I pick up my shattered jaw from the floor.

...thanks.

I'd be interested in seeing what caused Key's change of heart regarding licensing its bioshoujo game adaptations. I think it's safe to say that this is likely a test of the format, and that if AIR succeeds, KyoAni's Kanon (I doubt that, regardless of AIR's success, Toei's adaptation of Kanon will ever see North American shores) and the upcoming CLANNAD adaptations may follow.

If it doesn't, then ADV will probably not seek the licenses (they're in enough financial trouble as it is - this is a major risk for them), and Key will probably return to being reserved in regards to licensing KyoAni's Kanon and the upcoming CLANNAD adaptations.

Nonetheless, this is a sure buy for me. Though I'm having trouble imagining the dub. Probably for the best that I don't think about it.
VRMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 20:22   Link #40
Minoto

OMG -- FPB is right, even the impossible is possible! With that in mind, I hope they're still able to improve on Pony Canyon's encoding despite crunching the series down to a four disc set. In any case, I'm crossing my fingers and counting the days till August 14th...
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote