AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 18:35   Link #5541
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Geh, that takes up the entirety of my saved up free experience. Then again I really don't want to suffer through the DB again. Decisions, decisions.
Old 2013-04-24, 18:37   Link #5542
Gravitas Free Zone

Touma, were you keeping a complete "shown on GuP" collection or just Oarai? Because you'd need the KV-2 for the former.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-04-24 at 18:47.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 18:41   Link #5543
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I will? When did I state that?
Because if you sold it, you would lose a part of your GuP collection, which you claimed to want to procure.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 19:17   Link #5544
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

woops, made a mistake in selling it. meh i'll buy it back later.

ok i bought the kv 2 back, but i'm not putting back the equipment or the crew back in, cuz its officially now a trophy tank, unless i go 107mm on it, i may consider do ing that, but then its not a troll tank anymore.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-04-24 at 21:24.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:36   Link #5545
12ice

Well, after giving it some thought, I decided to go down the E-50M line after all--although definitely as a side project than anything else. I'll be moving my veteran PzIV crew to the Panther--again. This must be their third alteration between these two tanks, geez.

Basically, what I found is that playing the PzIV with the L48 instead of the derp gun is... well, it's a huge pain in the ass. You can do it, but each match is a chore since you have to watch everything; and getting mauled by HEATzers and other tier 4 TDs due to low alpha is a frustrating experience.

My PzIII does everything a L/48 PzIV can do, except better due to lower mm and speed/acceleration. Jingles is right: this gun is garbage.

At least if I go down the Panther line, I can have some fun ramming people.

So, current plan is to get the Leopard I first, and work on the Panther a little bit at a time.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:44   Link #5546
Pen3

My internet is down again and all i got is tethering through my cell phone so i advise platting with me till next week lol. I am running ~175 ping and it is playable, but not great.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:48   Link #5547
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
My internet is down again and all i got is tethering through my cell phone so i advise platting with me till next week lol. I am running ~175 ping and it is playable, but not great.
meanwhile i already get used with 200+

OTL

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:57   Link #5548
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wait, your PHONE is getting you 175 ping?

My DSL gives me 250 ping on average.

OTL
Old 2013-04-24, 23:38   Link #5549
LeoXiao
思想工作

Have enough xp to get the iPanzer; just need 1.4 million credits to buy the damn thing.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-04-25 at 00:09.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 23:50   Link #5550
Gravitas Free Zone

Sigh. Had a guy in a stock Panther in a Tier 9 match who freely admitted to sitting out matches where he's low tier because "I can't damage anything, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH."
Old 2013-04-25, 00:01   Link #5551
12ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Have enough free xp to get the iPanzer; just need 1.4 million credits to buy the damn thing.
Same here. I'm somewhat excited for it.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:04   Link #5552
Gravitas Free Zone

This game is basically my "screw you" to the useless Panther driver from the game that I mentioned in the other post.

Passive scouting in a high-tier match: Hide, spot... come roaring out of the bushes late in the game to ninja kill things that aren't paying attention to you.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-25, 00:10   Link #5553
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
Same here. I'm somewhat excited for it.
I'm excited after the pos that the VK 30.02DB was. I'm glad I don't have to play the nerfed version that has no turret traverse and an even shittier engine.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:18   Link #5554
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

right screw WR for now, I'll just steam roll up to tier Xs, T54E1 has been unlocked, next is the T57 Heavy and then blitz to teh T62A.

hopefully my WR will stay around or above 53.5%, but the current games i've been getting it might looks like i'll fall at least 1 or 2 % when or by the time i get the T62A.

meh if that happens I'll prolly care less about WR, as long as have a bunch of tier Xs in my arsenal.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:24   Link #5555
12ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I'm excited after the pos that the VK 30.02DB was. I'm glad I don't have to play the nerfed version that has no turret traverse and an even shittier engine.
Yes, the VK DB is a huge pain in the ass to play. The A.Panther, at least, has light tank camo characteristics to make up for the bad gun--the VK DB... not so much.

How do you see yourself playing the A.Panther? I think this tank is definitely not a scout (too big, too tall), but more of an anti-scout/long-range sniper/flanker hybrid that can scout in a pinch.

With that in mind, I'm currently debating between two possible set-ups:

1. Vent, Rammer, Vstab - Pure combat load. This maximises dpm and tank performance, but sacrifices any scouting abilities. The tank's poor natural camo coupled with a 390m view range means that this tank will not be able to scout without optics/binocs.

2. Rammer, VStab, Optics - Sacrifices a bit of tank performance (no vent), but it adds much more flexibility to the A.Panther by allowing it to act as a scout, if the situation compels it to <-- this is an important qualifier.

The tank's role and equipment set-up is a real puzzle for me, and my answer to this question changes by the day... because the A.Panther is neither a scout or a combat tank, but a hybrid of both.

Spoiler for My Rant on German Hybridity Making the Line Difficult to Play:

What's your thought on the A.Panther, Leo?
Old 2013-04-25, 00:38   Link #5556
LeoXiao
思想工作

My thoughts on the afkPanzer

a) don't actually go afk in it
b) Play it as you would a normal Panther, except in a more furtive and mobile fashion since you're bound to see lots of tier 9 and 10. Prepare to use lots of gold.
c) forget the normal playstyle of light tanks - don't think that this tank is actually a scout - it's just a fast but undergunned medium.
d) due to the above, put the rammer and vstab on it. you want to be able to shoot and scoot to the highest degree possible.

All this is incidentally irrelevant to me because I will not touch the German mediums. I am basing my opinion on my experience with the Type 62 and the original Panther.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:43   Link #5557
12ice

So, you're advocating for the pure combat load?
Old 2013-04-25, 00:53   Link #5558
Gravitas Free Zone

Premium Konisch will be the only really reliable way of damaging high tiers in the scout Panther (hey, it works on the 3601). I went with vents, rammer, and stabilizer. Camo net required too much sitting still.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:59   Link #5559
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
So, you're advocating for the pure combat load?
Pretty much.
Old 2013-04-25, 01:43   Link #5560
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So.... I just had a encounter battle in Sand River. Everything was going smoothly (and when I mean smoothly I mean my team was getting their asses kicked), so I decide to go for the hill in my Wolverine and try to annoy a hetzer that was sniping there, miraculously I bounced a gold shot from him, and after that a arty round from a Priest, it was a pretty funny action (besides I was lagging as hell) until the Hetz got TK'd by a PZIII.

So I moved from there with their priest still trying to kill me, until I got to him and I could feel how the bastard was pissing himself. I put him out of his misery as fast as I could and went to the cap, while our artys got killed by the same PZ3 that tk'd the hetz.

Long story short, I was about to face the KV-1 and decided to load gold ammo to face him. I was lucky that the KV-1 SOMEHOW didn't took advantage of his superior gun and armor and try to face me, but he sat himself and got killed by me without moving his ass an inch, so I started capping. When the PZ3 killed our afk Hetzer I decided NOT to pursue him and just sit on the cap to wait for him.

The guy finally came to face me but the results were pretty obvious from the beginning he only got to shot me once and I shoot him twice while he reloaded, blowing his sorry ass to hell and back. Unfortunately no invader medal because I got from the cap just in time before he could hit me (which luckily denied him the defender medal). Just for the record, if the PZIII could have been a little more smarter, he could have killed me even in his condition.

Spoiler:
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks