AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-15, 18:51   Link #19221
Nobodyman9
Banned

Yes yes, I understand Kallen has been getting all the supplementary material, I just don't get why all the Kallen love seems to be exclusive to this forum only. Well, I guess I can't really say too much since I don't really visit any other CG forums and I only have what you guys say to go on. But whatever, it's not that big a deal. I'm not compaining (well, more like I can't complain )
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 18:55   Link #19222
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

@yvj: That is hilarious.

@Nobody: It could just be an combination of members still here posting like myself(or lurking). I do believe the post materials did help as well.
Old 2009-05-15, 18:58   Link #19223
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Oh Noes! I missed an opportunity to be aggressive and/or sexist. I need to drop out of school and lurk this forum more

I present if you care the three faces of an aggressive Kalulu fan

*snip*
Damnit, yvj, stop making so many funny posts. I don't rep enough to keep up.
Old 2009-05-15, 19:01   Link #19224
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
@Nobody: It could just be an combination of members still here posting like myself(or lurking). I do believe the post materials did help as well.
Yeah, that probably did have a lot to do with it. Of course now that all major post materials are done with (as far as I know) I guess we'll just see what happens next.

Oh, and that is hilarious yvj
Old 2009-05-15, 19:07   Link #19225
Frostfire
No Eyes

I finally have internet again!

First thing I see is an odd thing from the secret board and LJ:
Spoiler for Spoils!:

I thought I'd share, since its relevant to Kallen.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 19:11   Link #19226
Xander

R2 was certainly a mess, everyone knows that, I can understand very well many of the criticisms that have been born out of this fact, sharing several of them myself, but even so...some reactions were still overkill in my humble opinion and can't just be attributed to the quality of the show itself. Partially, yes, but not fully.

I never got the impression that Kallen was being disloyal or worse during the final arc, even before a single post-season material had been revealed.

I thought her actions made enough sense even as initially presented, given her emotional distress, and the whole point was the inherent tragedy of it all. If anything, she was the one Black Knight who was the most loyal to Lelouch, out of all of them, and she only turned against him because he pushed her away intentionally in Turn 22 and put on the mask of the Evil Emperor.

I don't think Lelouch himself would have considered Kallen to be "disloyal" during ZR so I never got why the fanbase would reach that conclusion so easily, other than just as a knee-jerk reaction.

That's not to say that people can't criticize or dislike Kallen, for good reasons. I'm on pretty good terms with some individuals who never liked the character, but they don't bash her for how the final arc played out either.

I do think that some of the Kallen / Kalulu fans are too aggressive, way too much for my own tastes in fact, which is why I try to keep my distance despite sympathizing with them in some respects...but in some ways it's a backlash against the opposite trend.

Many people started treating Kallen like crap just because "she didn't stay at Lelouch's side" (which is missing the point IMHO) even while they elevated Suzaku to the heavens of absolute purity. For the record, I never bashed Suzaku. I found his character to be annoying at times but I understood his point of view and didn't hate him for his actions...yet he wasn't cleaned of all sins when he joined Lelouch. Much of the same goes for Kallen in R2, the other way around.

EDIT: @Frostfire: LOL at that LJ link.

Last edited by Xander; 2009-05-15 at 19:21.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 19:15   Link #19227
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Damnit, yvj, stop making so many funny posts. I don't rep enough to keep up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
@yvj: That is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Oh, and that is hilarious yvj
Thank you, thank you.....My only reward is the sounds of your laughter that I have imagined so distinctly in my mind.
Old 2009-05-15, 19:24   Link #19228
Frostfire
No Eyes

Oop, I guess the drama of the blog went too far the post was deleted. Ahh well. Nevermind me.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 19:35   Link #19229
Nobodyman9
Banned

Very nice post Xander. It makes a lot sense and you seem like a very reasonable guy. Kudos to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Thank you, thank you.....My only reward is the sounds of your laughter that I have imagined so distinctly in my mind.
Ha ha, ah you're welcome yvj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Oop, I guess the drama of the blog went too far the post was deleted. Ahh well. Nevermind me.
Ah darnit, so I went and made an account on LJ for nothing eh?
Old 2009-05-15, 20:19   Link #19230
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9
I just don't get why all the Kallen love seems to be exclusive to this forum only.
Well, that is an interesting question Nobodyman. A lot of the Kallen love does seem to be exclusive to this forum only, not counting the Swedish anime community where I spend most of my time. Kallen was actually elected best female character of 2008 there, with no other CG character anywhere near the top 3. On the other hand, this is the only forum I've visited where every character, every scene and the show itself has been properly analyzed and debated. Everywhere I go (other than here) I see extremely shallow interpretations, often noticeably biased in nature or simply... well, "wrong", interpretations that are not only turning a blind eye towards staff statements and official post screening material but also towards what was actually shown on screen during these 50 episodes. Note that I'm not talking about Kallen or her pairing, I'm talking about interpretations of anything related to the show. It seems to me as if a lot of posters at other boards are... I shouldn't say lacking in dedication as that wouldn't be true and it would probably make me look like an arrogant prick so let's go with "casual" instead. If someone posts something that is completely outrageous from a "canon" point of view most people simply won't bother pointing that out and those who actually try will be shrugged off with a "you're wrong, and who's that Okouchi you're talking about, was he that guy who slept with Viletta" or something like that (exaggerated examples are exaggerated). At this board posts like that will be countered by those who have paid a lot more attention to what the writer and the director was trying to say. I think that's why we seldom see posts like that here. As soon as they get posted the poster gets lectured, most of the time in a civilized way. Sometimes they put up something that resembles a fight, but I'd like to think that most of them decides to simply pull out once they realize what they're up against. (Keep in mind, aka don't bite my head off - I'm still not talking about Kalulu. I'm talking about debates over any CG-related topic)

Now is that a good thing? I don't know, perhaps not, but as a really dedicated fan I'm all for it. It paves the way for serious and intelligent discussions where those engaged in debate won't have to spend most of their time trying to get the opposition to understand basic and fundamental aspects of the show and its characters. At the end of the day, if I had a serious question about something in Code Geass or if I was looking for a serious discussion about the show I would honestly never even dream of turning to another forum.

Note that I'm not in any way trying to say that dedicated hardcore fans of the series are bound to like Kallen, that would be a seriously deluded statement. I do however (lol, now is when I'll finally get to the point) think that a character like Kallen won't rally up a crapload of fans among the casual viewers. Sure, people might like her due to the fact she's "hot" with that smoking body of hers and it's always cool to pilot a wicked KMF, but I'm talking about fans that love her character for who she is as a person. A lot of the "casual fans" over at that Swedish community I was talking about were upset when Kallen fought "against Lelouch" at the end of R2 which is, in my opinion, pretty much like saying "I didn't quite understand Lelouch's endgame or what Kallen's character was all about". I, as a Kallen fan, would have been deeply disappointed to see Kallen fight for Lelouch in the end after what he went through in order to keep her from following him to hell.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2009-05-16 at 04:44.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 21:13   Link #19231
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Kid, after Minmay, Misa....change your avy so I could Hate you easily, thanks
Are you serious? I mean, i totally understand someone liking Minmay... But Misa? MISA MISA? But to be honest, i have a very biased opinion against the kira team.

And you can BET ON IT that i get the HSM reference... But it's not like it's something to brag about... Really.

About the Kallen haven, well, i found AS looking for Kallen pics and other stuff, then i started to stalk the board for a while and finally made my account, so Kallen is the one who brought me here and her fans is the reason for my stay, hehe.

But it's not like i was searching for Xanadu for Kallen fans, since Kallen get a lot of love in brazilian boards(almost on the same grounds as CC. But i think Shirley is the most popular girl here. Everyone seems to love her, hehe.) It's more because i found the people here very interesting and that totally hooked me.

yvj: epik. i like to think i am an intellectual kalulu, hehe
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 21:27   Link #19232
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
But it's not like i was searching for Xanadu for Kallen fans, since Kallen get a lot of love in brazilian boards(almost on the same grounds as CC. But i think Shirley is the most popular girl here. Everyone seems to love her, hehe.) It's more because i found the people here very interesting and that totally hooked me.
Ah, it's nice to see that Shirley is getting some love as well. About that Swedish community I was talking about, Shirley was really popular over there as well. She was basically equal to C.C. in terms of popularity. I must say that it's, in my opinion, pretty much impossible to actually dislike Shirley.
Old 2009-05-15, 21:39   Link #19233
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I know of one person who does.

Because she "used her father's death to steal a kiss from Lelouch".

*sigh*
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 22:21   Link #19234
Nobodyman9
Banned

Once again, very good in depth analysis Meatrose. Very comendable.

Also, that's a very interesting point you and Kid Ying brought up about Shirley. True, she does some to be the most liked around here (I don't think I can name anyone on this forum who hates or even dislikes) but I'm not sure she's the most popular.

Of course it does depend on how you define popular. She certainly hasn't been discussed nearly as much as Kallen. Perhaps that's because she's not as complex a character (well, that and the tremendous Kallen love) But at any rate, while almost everyone here may like her, that doesn't mean that she's everyone absolute favorite and it doesn't mean they want to discuss her (I mean, no ones posted on the Shirley thread in over a day ) So, I'd say Shirley is definitely more liked among the forum, I'd say she's still not as popular as Kallen in terms of discussion and acknowledgement.

Well, Knight of Shirley or not, I really shouldn't take this thread off topic.
Old 2009-05-15, 23:45   Link #19235
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Actually, i think Shirley really is the most popular girl here in where i live. If you ask "Which girl is the best?" It's really common to hear "Shirley".

Here in Asuki she's more like that kind of guy that it's everyone's friend and everyone seems to like him, but it's never the leader, hehe. Besides, if you don't listen to Mao(i love Mao, but he was a crazy sonovabitch. How can someone take him seriously?), you don't have a reason to dislike Shirley. She's just a normal girl that didn't make anything wrong in the whole series with a terrible luck.

And... Kallen rocks. I never get out of the topic.
Old 2009-05-15, 23:52   Link #19236
Nobodyman9
Banned

Ha ha, well you flatter us Shirley fans But what do you mean exactly by "where you live"?

But yeah, Kallen is pretty cool too. Curse you Kallen for being so sexy, kickass, and discussable!
Old 2009-05-15, 23:58   Link #19237
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, like i said, in the brazilian fandom, Shirley seems to be the favorite girl in polls and boards. It's not like i know all the fandom, of course, but to this moment, Shirley is the favorite, hehe.
Old 2009-05-16, 00:03   Link #19238
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well, like i said, in the brazilian fandom, Shirley seems to be the favorite girl in polls and boards. It's not like i know all the fandom, of course, but to this moment, Shirley is the favorite, hehe.
Oh right, I keep forgetting that you're from Brazil. Of course we have people from all over the world here so...that is pretty cool actually. Code Geass fans from around the world united under one roof, for the sole purpose of discussing the f*ck out of Kallen (kidding)
Old 2009-05-16, 07:09   Link #19239
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Yea, since we are on the global matter, in Greece, boys adore Kallen {in the greek animanga forum, half of boys got Kallen sigs and Lelouch ones when it comes to Geass 8D} and then, probably goes C.C <--this goes for girls.
Of course i am an exception cause..i am awesome like that. 8)

No, honest, i think it has to do with the rebellious personality but at the same time a vulnerable in love chara. Yep, attracts a lot of fans. 8D //and GOD, Guren. <3
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 17:16   Link #19240
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I have an question. I don't think this has been asked before.

Is it possible that the BKs could think that Kallen is under Lelouch's geass for Zero after the series. They did suspect her during turn 19. Looking at the ending, when Kallen stated "That is Zero". Shouldn't Toudou for example believe she could be under geass. Since she should know that since Lelouch was Zero. In no way that the Zero that showed up could be well Zero since Lelouch was Zero. Even though I don't think so. Just wondering if its possible.

I just thought about something about Lelouch/Kallen taking the spoilers and additional info together. Can't believe I never thought about this before(Someone else probably did already though). I wonder should I post it here or wait till one day if the RT opens up again?