AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Old 2015-11-21, 13:45   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Heavy Object - Weekly Episode-to-Novel/Manga Comparison Thread [Spoilers Aplenty]

As the title of this thread suggest, the purpose here is to allow discussion which compares the content between an anime episode as it aired and how it is laid out in the source material the anime was adapted from. All spoilers are allowed as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand. It will be helpful if the posters clearly indicate the episode number before engaging into a detailed comparison to the source material. Obviously you are required to watch the episode prior to posting here. Thread is open to everyone, but since the novel/manga readers are expected to participate, the anime-only viewers are advised to use discretion before venturing into this thread.

For the Heavy Object Novel/Manga-Readers: Please do your darndest best to stay on topic when engaging into these comparison. Whenever you see one of your fellow novel/manga-reader is spewing spoiler for no apparent reason, feel free to tell him/her to stop. Report such post so a moderator can delete the off-topic post.

Have fun!
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 14:28   Link #2
LazyHunter

So I guess I'll keep posting my LN to Anime comparisons here instead of using the LN thread. The new episode was episode 9 and it had the 37th assaulting a terrorist group in Antarctica.
Spoiler for LN Comparison of Episode 9:
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 13:07   Link #3
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Episode 10 LN Comparison:

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2015-12-11 at 13:31.
Old 2015-12-11, 13:39   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know if it's a JC Staff thing- even the people who did Muv-Luv showed a Railgun as a laser beam lol.

One thing that should have been up their alley are real world locations, remember Hong Kong from Shana and Italy from Index?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 14:42   Link #5
LazyHunter

Hey, at least it's a step up from JCStaff's Railgun Season 1 finale, that kamehameha railgun clash was just stupid.
Old 2015-12-11, 16:41   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, I think that blue laser is suppose to be the low stability plasma cannon.
Old 2015-12-11, 17:07   Link #7
Ab buster

Then again, normal lasers in Heavy Object are not visible from the side and Object lasers go from orange for sub weapons to flooding the entire area with white for the main cannons and this was neither of those.
The biggest disappointment for me is definitely how they completely neglect one of the factors why Objects reign supreme; advances in laser weaponry providing almost perfect AA and very reliable point defense against attacks that are not sliding along the ground.
Ab buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 17:18   Link #8
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, I think that blue laser is suppose to be the low stability plasma cannon.
Nah, the blue beams (red for the Tri-Core because of silly "blue=good, red=evil", I guess) are supposed to be laser beams. You see them when the first Object is destroying aircraft in episode 1, and that's the introduction of lasers. It's also used when the Baby Magnum shoots one main cannon at the mountains before the amphibious assault in episode 10 (and that was a laser beam cannon in the novels).

The Water Strider is supposed to use plasma main cannons and in the anime it shoots yellowish projectiles.

Of course, in the novel lasers are invisible and people only see the dust and moisture in the air being roasted and creating an orange trail (white for super powerful lasers) and plasma cannons shoot a bluish white beam.
Old 2015-12-18, 14:19   Link #9
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Episode 11 LN Comparison:
Old 2015-12-25, 16:41   Link #10
LazyHunter

Quote:
Welp. You're right, the blue-white beam surrounded by electric arcs is the effect for both the Baby Magnum's lasers and plasma cannons. As if the generic cannon effect for both coilgun and railgun wasn't enough. I just give up on the whole weapon deal, it's clearly JCStaff doesn't care about following the novels's descriptions in that regard. Anyway, on to episode 12:
Spoiler for Episode 12 LN Comparison:
Old 2016-01-08, 16:34   Link #11
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Episode 13 LN Comparison:
Old 2016-01-15, 14:54   Link #12
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Episode 14 LN Comparisons:
Old 2016-01-15, 15:05   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maybe it's just a one off Christmas Miracle, but have you noticed that ever since they came back from the break these last two episodes have a surprisingly lack of male gaze fanservice?

Even in the new OP lol. At MOST, a half second slight up skirt shot of the combat maid.
Old 2016-01-15, 15:15   Link #14
LazyHunter

Quote:
Maybe it's just a one off Christmas Miracle, but have you noticed that ever since they came back from the break these last two episodes have a surprisingly lack of male gaze fanservice?

Even in the new OP lol. At MOST, a half second slight up skirt shot of the combat maid.
Hopefully they keep it up in the rest of the season. The only fanservice thing in this ep was Froleytia's forced jiggle at the end and that was pretty minor compared to some of the stuff they have done in previous episodes. The parts they were adapting also gave them a lot less opportunities to do so, but they have created their own original scenes to add uneeded fanservice before, remember Milinda getting a massage by a nurse? That was one of the worst in the first cour.
Old 2016-01-17, 02:01   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab buster View Post
It would have made more sense if the anime showed that
Spoiler for a detail from the novel:
^
Was he? I totally missed that information
Old 2016-01-17, 07:36   Link #16
LazyHunter

Quote:
^
Was he? I totally missed that information
I think it's kind of implied a little. You could probably see it that way if you want to.
Spoiler for Volume 2 Chapter 3 Sladder talking to Quenser:
Old 2016-01-22, 15:25   Link #17
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Episode 15 LN Comparison:

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2016-01-22 at 15:42.
Old 2016-01-23, 03:33   Link #18
Dragon_Slayer_X

The part about Heivia thinking about running away and Quenser convincing/blackmailing him him to help out was cut. I think it should have been there to show the contrast between the 2 MCs. Quenser can keep his calm and think of a plan while Heivia thinks of running first in dire situations.........especially when it comes to Object-related situation.

It feels like the anime is favoring Heivia in several instances. I guess they want to balance out the two MCs but sometimes it feels unnecessary.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 13:27   Link #19
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Episode 16 LN Comparison:
Old 2016-01-29, 16:40   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You can't even really hear the song, so even from a business point of view it doesn't make sense cause you're not selling CDs that way.

I suppose it's only really effective at pissing the Princess off.