AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 01:54   Link #4701
Pen3

Were were about to lose but lucky i got my fat ass back to cap in time and got Defender!
Spoiler for Size:

What is everyones top 5 tanks? You get the info from WoT Statistics if youre wondering.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-03 at 02:19.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 03:24   Link #4702
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Here's mine:

I'm as surprised as any, especially with regards to the Comet. I guess I AM liking it now, compared to how I first got it.
Old 2013-04-03, 10:29   Link #4703
Gravitas Free Zone

Looking at it strictly from efficiency feels a little weird.

Something else to consider, statistically:

Whether the tanks that I have killed the most correlates with the tanks that are commonly-played.

Going by the stats, at Tier 8 I have killed more Super Pershings, T34s, and Type 59s than any other tank at that tier, and all of those are hugely-popular premiums. At barely half the number of Type 59 kills is IS-6 kills, then the first normal tank, the IS-3, and then right behind that, the Lowe, another premium.

At Tier 7, I have killed more T29s than anything else, followed at a bit of a distance by Tigers, and then the IS. Oddly enough the fourth spot is taken by the T20.

At Tier 6, it goes KV-1S, Hellcat, VK3601H, and then a big drop to the Cromwell.

At Tier 5, a ridiculous number of KV-1, then a large drop to a near-tie for PzIV and Shermans, then another drop to StuGs.

At Tier 4, Hetzers by far, then a big drop to M3 Lees, with, oddly-enough, M5A1 Stuarts right behind. The regular M5 Stuart is only seventh in victimizations.

At Tier 3, I've killed SU-26s and M37s the most, then M2 Mediums. The SU-26s were likely killed more often by me while I was playing a higher tier, and because, after all, SU-26s are a major battlefield threat.

At Tier 2, similarly, I've killed many more T57s than the next vehicle... which is the T1E6.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:05   Link #4704
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Pie charts! I found it funny that, at this point of my WoT career, my play distribution seems to have created nearly symmetrical quadrants ahaha. Funny that.

Also according to my Kill Summary, it looks like my primary victims are the KV-1S and the KV-1. Only the Sherman and the VK 3601 H come close.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:25   Link #4705
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
What is everyones top 5 tanks? You get the info from WoT Statistics if youre wondering.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Here's mine:

Images
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Looking at it strictly from efficiency feels a little weird.

Images
Where are you guys getting these? I don't see it over at WoTLabs.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:30   Link #4706
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Which site is it that gives you the top 5 tank stats ?

Edit: beaten my Endless Soul =[

Last edited by Drake; 2013-04-03 at 11:31. Reason: edit
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:38   Link #4707
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It's not a site, but a stat compilation program called WoT Statistics. It kind of tracks your stat progress passively.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:58   Link #4708
Gravitas Free Zone

Here: http://www.saais.co.za/

...still amused by my top tank in Eff. ratings being a Tier 3 premium scout...

And now for news that we mostly had already heard:

8.5 German preview, official.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:16   Link #4709
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Mines a little less impressive than everyone else's =[

On the bright side I'm Unicum on the Cruiser Mk1 =D

Old 2013-04-03, 13:16   Link #4710
Blaat

My efficiency is even lower:
Images
Yup VK 3002 DB is my 5th most efficient tank. And the Churchill my most efficient one even though I sold that tank back in February. Not surprised by the other tanks except maybe no KV-1S.

Also my top 5 experience is distorted, I'm pretty sure the first three are gotten with premium (during valentine) while the last two are just base. Highest xp I have gotten without premium is 1561 on my IS.

After that I did my dailies:
Images
Ace tanker Type 58

Followed by (forgot to take a screenshot so I'm using mwreplay):
Images
Ace tanker still eludes me.

And as last my efficiency after doing my dailies today:
Images

VK 3002 DB is now my third most efficient tank. Seriously how is the efficiency calculated because the numbers don't match up with Locastan's stats mod. According to that mod the Wolverine is my most efficient tank E8 (1669) compared to wot stats: 1.235,67 the differences is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Oh well finally got to the point where the retarded playerbase has killed my will to play this game any longer, fun when you have decent team but thats rare those day.
Damn, what a shame now I regret never trying to contact you in game for a platoon match.
Old 2013-04-03, 15:12   Link #4711
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

The bad teams continue. 5 games during my lunch break, only one win. People doing stupid shit that costs us the game everywhere, like driving off the cap to chase a kill.

ARGH!
Old 2013-04-03, 16:05   Link #4712
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm looking forward to the german update, the VK 20.01 (d) and Leopard PT A in particular peak my interest.

Worst thing I hate about noob teams is when you get a couple of people who charge across the map then as soon as they get a wiff of opposition they stop dead and hold back while your stuck in amongst the enemy and only after you die do they decide to sheepishly creep out when they could have easily helped you by diverting attention or out right flanking the enemy... but instead they often die because they end up surrounded as a result of them allowing their team mates to die when they could have swayed the outcome by acting.

Last edited by Drake; 2013-04-03 at 16:16.
Old 2013-04-03, 16:06   Link #4713
Sumeragi
Banned

It's (D), not (d). (d) means weapon originally from Denmark. (D) means Daimler-Benz.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 16:13   Link #4714
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Doesn't mean a thing to me I merely copy and pasted it straight from the WoT's site.

Old 2013-04-03, 16:25   Link #4715
Gravitas Free Zone

And then there's this Daimler, which must have caused a bit of confusion somewhere.
Old 2013-04-03, 16:25   Link #4716
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Doesn't mean a thing to me I merely copy and pasted it straight from the WoT's site.
Yep. Exactly what it says on the tin.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 18:02   Link #4717
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm looking forward to the german update, the VK 20.01 (d) and Leopard PT A in particular peak my interest.

Worst thing I hate about noob teams is when you get a couple of people who charge across the map then as soon as they get a wiff of opposition they stop dead and hold back while your stuck in amongst the enemy and only after you die do they decide to sheepishly creep out when they could have easily helped you by diverting attention or out right flanking the enemy... but instead they often die because they end up surrounded as a result of them allowing their team mates to die when they could have swayed the outcome by acting.
What's the worst is when a bunch of your team does the lemming thing but get lost (i.e. stop somewhere to "snipe") on the way to the enemy, which allows them to get killed off one by one when actually if they had kept on going as a group they could have won easily.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 18:44   Link #4718
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
What's the worst is when a bunch of your team does the lemming thing but get lost (i.e. stop somewhere to "snipe") on the way to the enemy, which allows them to get killed off one by one when actually if they had kept on going as a group they could have won easily.
Sometimes when a heavy tank marches forward, you'd think others would take a hint and use it as cover to advance.

Not always so. I have learned that even though your allies might have a clear line of fire, they will not support you even from behind despite the efforts you have made in revealing enemy locations. Then again, those are pub games.

When platooning, we coordinate well because of voice communications. Might not always win, but the chances do increase.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 19:45   Link #4719
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Speaking using another tank as cover while the team advanced. I had a random pub on my KV-1S (which incidentally ended with me and Kimi on the same team, with Kimi on his new Super Pershing) at Sand River, and as I was advancing to the south town I didn't notice that apparently our team's Pz38nA was using my 1S as mobile cover... Instead of, you know, scouting.

For those who watched Girls und Panzer episode 12, it was doing EXACTLY what the PzIII was doing behind the Maus.

And then it gets killed when it rushes out from behind me to attack the KV-5 trying to blunder its way in front of me. Doh!

We won that one, (with Kimi hilariously commenting in public "Nope! No arty in our base!"), but man...
Old 2013-04-03, 20:21   Link #4720
Gravitas Free Zone

Argh. Given a map with half-decent cover, I will always attempt to scout somewhere if I'm drawing the low-tier scout duty. (About the only exception to this would be maps with zero soft cover, such as Himmelsdorf, maximum scout tiering, and no SPGs. Then I would just try to stay inconspicuous.)

Unlike the Cruiser IV that wanted to hide behind my PzIV on Prokhorovka instead of scouting down the west road, and was actually firing randomly as it drove, spoiling everyone's cover and generally pissing me off.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks