AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-11-25, 16:30   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Naruto - Requests for new threads

Since the Naruto forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Naruto thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 17:29   Link #2
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Well I have suggested this but i will post it here too and see if anybody likes the idea :

-- In naruto Q&A change it to 'frequently asked questions' then create new thread 'Manga unanswered questions' with questions which cannot be answered at the moment without the use of hypotheses. When you find the questions can be asnwered remove them from the thread and keep there only the questions which are non answerable. You can also apply restictions and rules on which types of questions you keep and which you delete. The whole bunch of questions woul be updated regularly and kept on the first post under a spoiler tag.

Function : You separate the manga from the anime watchers and also point at those key questions which generate speculation and discussion for other future threads. Just a thought.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 21:25   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

In response to that request I'll create a speculation thread for manga readers. It serves the same purpose, but it is a whole lot simpler. (And it is consistent with how we handle such issues in other series discussion forums.)

While I'm at it, anime watchers can have their own speculation thread.

Enjoy!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 21:30   Link #4
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am not sure about the need to create a separate thread for that. Many of the unanswered questions are already being discussed in related threads.

But, if you are planning to create a thread like that, it would be better to initiate the thread with pointers to the corresponding threads - the questions/speculations and the threads created for their discussion. It is hard work, but, if keeping discussions organized is of high importance, that should definitely help.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 05:05   Link #5
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

In retrospect a different approach might be better here...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-26, 16:04   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Maybe a thread with titled "Impact of Jiraiya on future plots" may present a nice discussion.
Spoiler for manga:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 07:31   Link #7
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Maybe a thread with titled "Impact of Jiraiya on future plots" may present a nice discussion.
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 15:55   Link #8
Kowai

I would like to make a thread discussing the ranking of ninja.
are they based on their village ranks (genin chuunin jounin and kage)
or on the skills they know (D rank C rank B rank A rank S rank)
mainly because people keep using the term "kage level" when they are referred to in the manga as s-class.
A genin who knows a ridiculous S-class move is able to beat a jounin i believe.
Old 2007-11-28, 11:17   Link #9
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I suggest a thread where we can have a poll to vote for or against the option:
We can create new threads like we used to... or Those who are fine how it is now...

I for example dont like it that our powers are all of sudden so limited...
Old 2007-11-28, 13:58   Link #10
tkdtiger

I don't think disallowing people from creating their own thread is really efficient. Not to mention as Mr. Johnny 5 has mentioned it limits people's creative powers. At the same token I do think there has to be a way to clean-up the clutter. One site I saw did a ranking system based on posts. Rookies could not actually create a new thread until they reached a certain ranking within the forum itself. Of course something like this is still very limiting in nature, but it could be modified.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 14:18   Link #11
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Basically it comes down to quality threads. Alot of threads in the freelance forums were very limited in the proper discussion they got. Alot of threads were deemed nonsense or useless and not just by mods but other forum members as well.

Actually disallowing creating threads has been very efficient in the newer sub-forums and thats why it was decided to made the other forums this as well. This is no different to anyone who posts soley in the Code Geass or Claymore threads. Sorry you are not fond of it but remember if you have a creative thread idea this is the topic to ask it in.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 14:41   Link #12
vision55

I would like to see a thread where people would make their own four/three ninja cell.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 14:44   Link #13
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

As White Manju Bun says. At this point every single series discussion forum is operating this way, so we already know that the system works well.

Some of you may find that it is inconvenient not being able to create your own threads. Look on the bright side. At least you won't have the inconvenience of posting in a thread only to have it deleted after writing up a long and clever post. How many of you have experienced that heartbreak? The other day I rescued a rather long post of which someone was quite proud, in hopes that they could repost it in other thread. We delete a heck of a lot of pointless threads in this forum. By never creating such threads, we actually make things easier on both you and ourselves.

Edit: This is not a debate, so I have just deleted a bunch of replies. If you don't agree, take it up in the Forum & Site Feedback Forum, not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
I would like to see a thread where people would make their own four/three ninja cell.
Sorry, but we'd rather not have such "Make your own Naruto" threads. This is a discussion forum, not a role-playing forum.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-11-28 at 17:37.
Old 2007-11-28, 17:36   Link #14
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I guess the only thing that I'm curious about is how the "create new thread" issue works? If someone has an idea for a new thread, they post it here. If that idea is deemed worthy of a new thread, one is created. But how does it work for the person who requested the thread? If his request was made a few days before approval, would he still be allowed to have the opening post? Clearly, there was a reason for him requesting a new thread, and not allowing him the OP might open that thread to ridiculous commentary right from the start, before interesting conversation/debate can even be stimulated. I guess I'm just wondering how the mods will reconcile the requests with the creations, by way of the people who ask.
Old 2007-11-28, 17:40   Link #15
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

If you want to have the opening post, then just post it here and we can magically transform it into the first post of a thread -- if we think you do a good job. If you only generally describe the thread or don't do a good job of thread creation, then we'll make it ourselves based on your description. If your reason for suggesting a thread is the egoboo of seeing your name in the first post, then go away. We have to delete a lot of threads that only exist to boost the ego of the thread creator.

Old 2007-11-28, 17:45   Link #16
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
If you want to have the opening post, then just post it here and we can magically transform it into the first post of a thread -- if we think you do a good job. If you only generally describe the thread or don't do a good job of thread creation, then we'll make it ourselves based on your description. If your reason for suggesting a thread is the egoboo of seeing your name in the first post, then go away. We have to delete a lot of threads that only exist to boost the ego of the thread creator.
Fair enough...like I said, I was just curious. I don't have any ideas for good threads, I just wondered how the creations would go.
Old 2007-11-28, 18:21   Link #17
tkdtiger

How about a tread pertaining to various theories in the Naruto Universe?
Old 2007-11-28, 18:36   Link #18
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
How about a tread pertaining to various theories in the Naruto Universe?
We've already got a lot of threads about theories. Is there some particular theory that needs a thread?

Old 2007-11-28, 19:02   Link #19
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
We've already got a lot of threads about theories. Is there some particular theory that needs a thread?
I meant a thread in which we can compare and contrast the various theories, but now that I think about it it's kind of redundant
Old 2007-11-30, 17:00   Link #20
Ryuuchi
Totally not that guy

Spoiler for Chapter 380 and Itachi:

Tags
request, requests