Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-11, 14:39   Link #1461
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
............and then there are those people who take dakimakura on dates.....
That's exactly what I'm worrying about anime fans these days .
Old 2011-08-11, 15:37   Link #1462
calorie

Angel Beats!

Thought it was okay at best. Having raised the bar way up there with CLANNAD and Kanon (2006) I was hoping for something similar from Key, but I guess it wasn't the same without KyoAni and with episode number restricted to 13. Didn't really like any of the characters much and the finale was unsatisfactory.
Old 2011-08-11, 16:24   Link #1463
YokoKurama12

Quote:
Thought it was okay at best. Having raised the bar way up there with CLANNAD and Kanon (2006) I was hoping for something similar from Key, but I guess it wasn't the same without KyoAni and with episode number restricted to 13. Didn't really like any of the characters much and the finale was unsatisfactory.
LOL I think I felt the same way when I first watched those two.

Ok mine that I hated with a complete passion was the Pokemon anime. It drove me crazy.

Lucky star was not one I hated but i didn´t like very much. I prefered Minami ke
Old 2011-08-12, 15:55   Link #1464
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

One Piece. :/
Old 2011-08-12, 21:55   Link #1465
YokoKurama12

Wow I can´t believe I missed that one. 0_0 Definitely One Piece

bobbabobbo Was a strange one as well but i don´t think it counts as one that others like. I don´t even think I typed it right either.
Old 2011-08-14, 20:15   Link #1466
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Hayate the combat butler, everyone seemed to like it and I watched it for a while but i couldn't bring myself to finish it.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2011-08-15, 06:45   Link #1467
emibennett

It's Bleach..
Old 2011-08-15, 07:24   Link #1468
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Lucky Star.

Sure, some of the jokes were funny, but that wasn't enough to overturn my opinion of it, I hated some of the randomness and I just disliked everything else. I found it so hard to watch, it took me a long time to finish, and an even longer time to begin watching.

Then again, I never finished Azumanga Daioh and I have no intentions of ever seeing Nichijou, so I guess these shows just aren't my cup of tea.
Old 2011-08-15, 13:04   Link #1469
Reikokuna

K-ON!

I'm aware that this will couse many hater comments so.. COME AT ME BRO
But seriously... what's the meaning of this series? Being supercool if you're handsome and moeing around with some guitar skills? Never ever heared something stupid like this.
Perhaps the content might be "good friends are important", obviously every blockhead knows that.

Rlly not interested to watch this stuff anymore.
Old 2011-08-17, 10:41   Link #1470
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Baka To Test- characters are too stereotypical, and while the males are tolerable because they can be funny, the females are terrible. I also don't like how the second season is just the same as the first season, only with less battles and more female-on-male abuse.

All Makoto Shinkai movies- his characters never show any excitement and have virtually no personality whatsoever, hence the story kind of suffers.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad- It's not a bad anime, but like Eureka Seven, it takes too long to get good. It also has that cliche of the guy who torments the main protagonist being extremely good at the one thing the main is trying to be good at, the tormentor being the toughest guy in school, and him singling out the main character for weak reasons. I am sick to death of that cliche. And don't get me started on that other jackass that arrives after the bully. Boring character. Why was he in the show?

Sola- I can't get past the fact that the male protagonist is bland and useless.

Hell Girl- If the story had been about Ai and her servants, I would have liked it. Second season came close, but no dice.

Kanon- I liked it when I first saw it, but after rewatches, the only arc I liked was Mai's arc. Yuuichi is entertaining, but the show was never about him. It was all about the girls.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-08-18 at 13:59.
Old 2011-08-18, 11:43   Link #1471
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Baka To Test- characters are too stereotypical, and while the males are tolerable because they can be funny, the females are terrible. I also don't like how the second season is just the same as the first season, only with less battles and more female-on-male abuse.
I don't hate this show but I can't get into it. Dunno. :/ If I try to watch it, I get bored.
Old 2011-08-18, 12:03   Link #1472
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I'm sorry but Madoka ;-; because I felt it used too many shock factors instead of actual emotion and the characters aren't too interesting minus Mami
Old 2011-08-19, 05:18   Link #1473
Squiggy
Kyou <3
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I'm sorry but Madoka ;-; because I felt it used too many shock factors instead of actual emotion and the characters aren't too interesting minus Mami
Seconded.
In my opinion, it's too hyped.
The anime itself is boring and every character either looks stoned or post-head->wall'd (read: head -> wall -> camera).
Old 2011-08-21, 16:06   Link #1474
tezu

So far there've been quite a few REALLY popular series which I just...don't like that much.

- Bakemonogatari: Perhaps it's because I'm generally not a fan of SHAFT's animation style, but my interest in the series decreased exponentially after the Kanbaru episodes. Some stories had interesting premises, e.g. why Hachikuji couldn't find her home or why Senjougahara was so light but I simply disliked the execution and couldn't help but to notice the harem element (I don't like the genre very much). I was disturbed by the way Araragi molested Hachikuji and while I have nothing against cute girls like Sengoku, I disliked her fanservice moments. Araragi also seemed like a pretty forgettable main character. In the end, the best thing about Bakemonogatari was its VA cast (Horie, Sakurai, Hanazawa, Saito, Kato, Sawashiro, Kamiya, Hirano...heck, they're all among my favorites)

- AnoHana: It tried to be emotionally demanding, alright. And I know a lot of people bawled their eyes out. But the series felt like a one-trick-pony to me. 12 episodes about how A and B like C who's dead and how D likes B and E likes A and how B sort of has a thing for E and how D dislikes E for that. It was a love drama and a very unrealistic, repetitive one on top of that with close to zero character development/depth (apart from the character's romantic entanglements). I was hoping for some heartwarming friendship but got jealousy fit after jealousy fit until finally episode 12 made a miraculous turn with a melodramatic crying session. The series could've been so much better. Didn't hate it (thought it was an average 7/10), but was frustrated about the wasted potential here.

- Code Geass: It's been so long since I've watched S1 and half of S2...but Code Geass never really piqued my interest. I seriously don't know why.

- Same goes for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

- Utena: People say it's DEEP and full with SYMBOLISM. Maybe it is too deep for me. Then again, I don't have the nerves and time to think about every single strange-looking object in the series. After 32 episodes (and most of them were really boring, it's like one duel every episode with recycled animation), I doubt I will ever come to like it, I'm too distracted by the incest (Nanami, Kozue, and AKIO) and how Touga, Akio and Saionji keep showing off their sex-appeal (which bounced right off me) while sitting in the car with their shirts open. The outdated art doesn't really improve the overall impression I got.

- K-On: It was okay for me (average 7/10) but I don't get why people treat it like the best SoL ever and stamp every other series about 4 cute girls in a club as a K-On ripoff. It's nice, but not overly original, sometimes entertaining but not hilarious. I think I would choose Hidamari Sketch (which managed to stay free from maid cosplay/cat ear fantasies and has a totally different feel to it) over K-On any time.

Last edited by tezu; 2011-08-22 at 02:23.
Old 2011-08-21, 22:57   Link #1475
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post

- Utena: People say it's DEEP and full with SYMBOLISM. Maybe it is too deep for me. Then again, I don't have the nerves and time to think about every single strange-looking object in the series. After 32 episodes (and most of them were really boring, it's like one duel every episode with recycled animation), I doubt I will ever come to like it, I'm too distracted by the incest (Nanami, Kozue, and AKIO) and how Touga, Akio and Saionji keep showing off their sex-appeal (which bounced right off me) while sitting in the car with their shirts open. The outdated art doesn't really improve the overall impression I got.
I personally find Utena (I'm going to get killed for saying this) a bit overrated. The style of the show is amazing, art-wise. It's surreal and awesome like a painting come to life.
So yeah, visually, it's nice, you could say stunning.

When it comes to plot, characters, and relationships, there are much better shoujo series out there, imho. Especially the relationships. Nothing felt "real" in this show, imho. The yuri stuff feels incredibly forced. The incest feels incredibly forced. The STRAIGHT romance too, feels incredibly forced. The characters feel too much like storybook characters as well. I simply can't connect with them that much.
Old 2011-08-22, 13:15   Link #1476
YuriEcchiGirl

Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Old 2011-08-23, 14:45   Link #1477
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
- K-On: It was okay for me (average 7/10) but I don't get why people treat it like the best SoL ever and stamp every other series about 4 cute girls in a club as a K-On ripoff. It's nice, but not overly original, sometimes entertaining but not hilarious. I think I would choose Hidamari Sketch (which managed to stay free from maid cosplay/cat ear fantasies and has a totally different feel to it) over K-On any time.
I agree completely. I mean, sure, I enjoyed K-On while it was airing and it did have some pretty funny episodes, and I did like when the series actually focused on the girls playing music, but I honesltly can't think of a single thing the series did that hadn't been done better by some other series before it, and it's not something I can see myself ever rewatching.
Old 2011-08-25, 00:23   Link #1478
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Been a while since I saw it (while it was first airing), but if I recall correctly, that's a gross exaggeration at best.
It is indeed. From what I remember, there's exactly one instance in the series of a man (Lightly) slapping a woman, and that's only to snap her out of a hysterical mode (She's screaming and throwing books at him). That can be seen as wrong on the guy's part, but Itazura na Kiss is hardly Domestic Abuse: The Anime.

The guy is a jerk, but he doesn't tend to be emotionally abusive except for sometimes during the early episodes where they're just high school kids (The show spans about 15 years or so). He's mostly just... I dunno, emotionally vacant, distant, and neglectful. Irie's a pretty likely candidate for depression and has some intimacy issues. The heroine feels unappreciated sometimes because her husband is pretty cold and distant, wheras she is the complete opposite of that, but it's not like Irie beats her or is particularly mean to her.

And I think the show does a great job with his character development. He matures and stabilizes into a very warm, charming, loving person, but it's a long, bumpy, frustrating road with plenty of regressions along the way. Very true to real life, where changing yourself for the better (While completely possible) isn't always as easy or instantaneous as it tends to be in anime.

If I had a complain about Irie, it would be that he seems perhaps a bit one-dimensional sometimes...

Spoiler for Major spoilers for episode 19 or so:

... but yeah, it's a pretty good show overall.
Old 2011-08-25, 09:24   Link #1479
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Negima

Sorry Akametsu, no amount of Latin, Harem antics, shonen action or plot is going to get me to like your manga.
Old 2011-08-25, 09:31   Link #1480
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

School Days: C'mon people!! Its not even funny to begin with.
07-Ghost: Maybe not in Animesuki but its fandom in Animax-Asia nauseated me.
Jigoku Shoujo: I can't believe lots of people loved this **** so much!
Closed Thread