AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-10, 16:57   Link #641
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I don't know whether or not I'll be leveling all the personas, after finishing the story (if that's even possible^^). I think I'll rather start playing P4 instead of diving deeper into P3. I'm really eager to play Nocturne and DDS, too, but they don't work right on the ps3. :O
Old 2010-07-11, 11:14   Link #642
Sciel
Etoilé

Screw Nyx and screw Night Queen . One turn from winning , she uses night queen , enrages 3 of members of my party and kills Yukari. Next turn she KO's everyone . FML what a waste of 1 hour ++ . ==;.

Round 2: I remembered i actually bought an armageddon card/whatever its called and planned to use it on Nyx during death phase. FFS immediately after she shifts into death phase she crits my MC killing her ==; .

Round 3 : I winz.

Last edited by Sciel; 2010-07-11 at 11:51.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:09   Link #643
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Screw Nyx and screw Night Queen . One turn from winning , she uses night queen , enrages 3 of members of my party and kills Yukari. Next turn she KO's everyone . FML what a waste of 1 hour ++ . ==;.
Next time you play, grind an Abbadon until it's about to get its heart item.

Save it in the compendium before it gives you the item, then level it until it does.

The item you get, Tome of the Void, will prevent the status ailments Night Queen drops on you.

Next, withdraw your saved Abbadon from the compendium (it should still have its heart item) and repeat the process until you have four Tome of the Voids.

Nyx Avatar's last stage now becomes easy.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:33   Link #644
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Next time you play, grind an Abbadon until it's about to get its heart item.

Save it in the compendium before it gives you the item, then level it until it does.

The item you get, Tome of the Void, will prevent the status ailments Night Queen drops on you.

Next, withdraw your saved Abbadon from the compendium (it should still have its heart item) and repeat the process until you have four Tome of the Voids.

Nyx Avatar's last stage now becomes easy.
Yup, i actually did that on my FES playthrough . Was too lazy this time though so i just armageddoned her. Was nice hearing Burn my dread again after so long .

Spoiler for ending:

Game was awesome . A minor issue i had with it was the visual novel presentation . It doesn't always work and falls really flat in some scenes (hello ending). They rarely use the game engine for cutscenes too, i think theres like 3-4 in the whole game.

PS: Total playtime was 51 hours without too much grinding (Level 75 on hard)and without any walkthrough so its fair to say this game has eaten a huge chunk of my life again >_< . Should have really done more fusing even with the extra compendium cost , had like 4million yen at the end .

Last edited by Sciel; 2010-07-11 at 12:56.
Old 2010-07-11, 12:57   Link #645
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can't spam godly armageddon in P3P again it seems..I've only played until the block 2 of tartarus (The red shadow which keeps killing me and that freaking mudo spam!!!!!! not to mention Umineko that had been released recently ) .I restarted 10 level of Tartarus when I died because of some stupid mistake o.o;

Ah, the undub version had been released..I guess now I can play it seriously.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 13:00   Link #646
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Can't spam godly armageddon in P3P again it seems..I've only played until the block 2 of tartarus (The red shadow which keeps killing me and that freaking mudo spam!!!!!! not to mention Umineko that had been released recently ) .I restarted 10 level of Tartarus when I died because of some stupid mistake o.o;

Ah, the undub version had been released..I guess now I can play it seriously.
Well you still can use it...but chances are by the end of the game you'll only have enough gems to buy the item to cast it once..
Old 2010-07-12, 00:16   Link #647
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've spammed Armageddon when I grind at...Monad, was it ? In the PS2 version...so if I don't have armageddon, what should I do to grind efficiently at that place ? o.o;

Oh well, I guess I should've finished the game first before asking that question

Old 2010-07-12, 06:46   Link #648
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Don't spam? I only used armageddon once, before realizing that it ruined the fun out of all the fights in the game >_> lol.
Old 2010-07-18, 04:36   Link #649
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Guh...Still...can't beat..Margaret's...tests.. @_@;
The Endurance door is annoying >_>; I've read some posts in gamefaqs that told me to wait until they miss their attack...but they almost never missed lol

Playing as FeMC is fun. I never thought than Ken could be so cute...and Shinjiro's smile is just too.... ;_;

Old 2010-07-22, 04:32   Link #650
Qikz

I'm playing through this for the first time on PSP atm in Japanese to translate my way through it. I love Yukari already and Junpei is totally awesome. (Playing through as the girl character).

I've not had many difficulty spikes yet, but it did take me a few goes to kill the boss that was immune to melee (he had massive shields on his legs) since all he kept doing was critting with his AOE lightning and getting another go to do it again. :X
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 23:42   Link #651
Tom Bombadil

Does the plot go deeper or does the pace stay the almost the same?

I am playing the PSP version with the male lead: 3 months into the plot and 50 levels in the tower. So far there is no much plot besides

Spoiler for minor plot spoiler:

Other than that, it consists mainly of grinding: social links, status, dungeon crawling, etc. It is very repetitive. The social links felt nice at the beginning, but it is so insincere: the main character do it only because they are of some use to him. What kept me going is the prospect of dating Mitsuru (fetish fuel, I know!), but after hitting the study button so many times, I wonder if it is worthy it or not.

So what's your thought on this? There is a reason this game is so popular, right?

Edit: I do not play this game for its battles: I had the difficulty set to easy.
Old 2011-03-06, 23:46   Link #652
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The plot does get much better, although if you're not a fan of the grind this game might not be worthwhile for you, overall.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 05:38   Link #653
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It gets more interesting after all 12 boss shadows are defeated but even then the grind remains and the stroytelling is far fetched as hell. It is mostly the urge to collect all Personas and date all girls to keep you interested and not the actual story or the gameplay.

I played Xenogears and Saga just for the cut scenes, hehe!
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 11:20   Link #654
chachaboru
Banned

this is one of the games i like to play in my ps2!!(second to persona 4)
i really like the art and the battle system, especially the soundtracks!
chachaboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 13:23   Link #655
Tom Bombadil

Thank you for your answers. I maxed out the academic status, and found out in a spoiler that I still need to wait months in order to start the Mitsuru romance option. Well, guess I'll shelf the game until another time. It has too much grinding for too little return.
Old 2011-03-09, 14:23   Link #656
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Just watch the cut scenes on youtube and screw the grinding XD
And play the games I mention above if you mostly want characters and story and not gameplay.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 20:34   Link #657
AnimeFangirl

I don't understand why anyone would grind anyway. Just visiting Tartarus once or twice a month should be more than enough to get you up to speed. Keep a second save a few days before each boss just in case and then just go for it.
Old 2011-03-11, 01:39   Link #658
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
I don't understand why anyone would grind anyway. Just visiting Tartarus once or twice a month should be more than enough to get you up to speed. Keep a second save a few days before each boss just in case and then just go for it.
That's not what he was talking about, mate. On Easy he's certainly not doing much of THAT grinding.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:56   Link #659
ShouTakuya

Guys, do u have some translations of the drama cds of P3?
Old 2011-08-15, 13:19   Link #660
Reikokuna

A while ago I had this games in my hands, thinking about buying it though it's expensive.
I didn't, now I regret it ._.
Seems to be enjoyable.

Tags
ps2