AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2015-03-12, 14:01   Link #6941
DragonXX

I hope unlike Nartuo that Ishida death that would be far more fun. We will see Ichigo father and Ishida father do something, the only time Ichigo father have done something was with Aizen, does this mean that Ichigo father thought of Aizen as a bigger danger then Bach because he did something against Aizen and have done nothing with Bach.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 14:59   Link #6942
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Got to see some more Yoruichi so that was cool.
too bad she got trolled hard and now probably won't show up for another three fucking years.

#bitterfangirl
Old 2015-03-12, 16:31   Link #6943
ChampDream
Alive

I was forgetting that Bach came with Ishida, so was he watching all this time?
It seem people like to feel responsible of Ichigo's live choices.
Old 2015-03-12, 19:06   Link #6944
Slayerx

I gotta wait for all this stuff with Ishida to play out... right now his role in this doesn't make much sense. I mean if he wanted vengeance for his mother, he's kinda doing a bad job of it by letting Yhwach get everything he wants... kinda like how Gin handled Aizen by allowing Aizen to become insanely powerful first before trying to attack him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
And that line, "everything was for my benefit," isn't that the same thing Aizen said to Ichigo, how everything he'd encountered, all the battles he fought, were dictated by him? And now Yhwach is claiming the same thing? Geez, poor Ichigo, I'd sure hate being strung along like that if I was him. Let's hope the next chapter is better for the heroes. Until then...
Ya that just bugged the hell out of me. Aizen managed to be such a "perfect"(in terms of intelligence, power, etc) enemy that he actually became boring... hearing him claim that he "planned everything" just felt like a total asspull; like kubo just thought "how else could I make Aizen seem awesome". And now it feels like we are doing it again with Yhwach... Its just so dull.

The villain being some kind of master manipulator can be great, but its something that needs to be more clever. you can't just take a bunch of random events and just have the villain claim he planned it all; you have to actually have it all tie together; the manipulation itself has to make sense... Ironically, one great example of such a thing comes from Bleach; what made Aizen such a great villain during the SS arc is that all of his manipulations fit together so nicely and made so much sense in hindsight. Kubo got it so right the first time, but flopped the 2nd and third time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Don't trust Mangastream's translations. Especially not when done by the guy who did this week's chapter. He makes stuff up half the time. I checked with the raws several times in the past and panda was always the closest to being accurate when this guy was translating.

That said, panda's translation doesn't make much sense to me either. I'll check with the raw or with a third translation later (if I don't forget).
One thing that really annoys me about MS's translations is how often they insert cursing into the dialouge. I mean, most of the time you can tell that its not an accurate translation because of how forced and unnatural it feels coming from that character.
Old 2015-03-12, 19:50   Link #6945
sayde

This is gonna sound weird, but I'm not entirely sure Yhwach means that he "planned" all of Ichigo's actions--at least not in the traditional sense. The difference between the way Aizen manipulated Ichigo vs the way Yhwach claims to have done things is that Aizen actually did certain things to achieve certain outcomes. He made plans and then took actions to carry them out. But what Yhwach is referring to IMO seems to be connected to the nature vs nurture argument. In essence, where as Ichigo may have thought that all the decisions and choices he's made throughout his life were his own and produced as a product of the values he's been raised to believe and uphold thanks to his loving mother and father, Yhwach would claim that he's genetically inclined to make the same choices that Yhwach would make. It's just who he is. And there's nothing he can do about it. His brain is inherently wired to act on behalf of Yhwach's best interest--as are all Quincy's.

So if we're going to wonder who the real master manipulator really is, then I'd say it's still Aizen. Afterall, if Ichigo's decisions are nothing more than an extension of Yhwachs, then that means to manipulate Ichigo is to manipulate Yhwach. It also means that Yhwach can't really take any credit for being some kind of master planner in this particular case. Because there was nothing for him to plan or manipulate. Everything Ichigo has ever done was just an extension of Yhwach's own will--if we're to believe such a thing.

Last edited by sayde; 2015-03-13 at 00:06.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 21:33   Link #6946
DragonXX

This is starting to get me mad will someone tell us what is going on here. What is the people who free Azien planning what about that thing with the fullbringer that happen early in this arc and why is Ichigo Father doing nothing, by now you think he would do something like when he fought Azien after everyone else was beat. I'm starting to believe that Ichigo father had some masterplan after Buch wins and after Buch win Ichigo father will show up and mess Buch over and do a Azien and say just as planned.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:24   Link #6947
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So if we're going to wonder who the real master manipulator really is, then I'd say it's still Aizen. Afterall, if Ichigo's decisions are nothing more than an extension of Yhwachs, then that means to manipulate Ichigo is to manipulate Yhwach. It also means that Yhwach can't really take any credit for being some kind of master planner in this particular case. Because there was nothing for him to plan or manipulate. Everything Ichigo has ever done was just an extension of Yhwach's own will--if we're to believe such a thing.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Ywach is more of a blunt force, "I'm going to kill the Soul King now no matter what happens or who is there," kind of guy. He doesn't scheme and manipulate at all. He just kind of exists and makes people his bitches by means of his almighty-ness if they try to get in his way.

ywach's plans aren't even on the same level as aizen's sometimes unnecessary and usually over-complicated schemes. aizen clearly just gets off on mind-raping people. it doesn't even have to make sense or matter.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 00:22   Link #6948
sayde

^^Exactly
It should be interesting seeing these two opposing forces clash assuming they get the chance. Witnessing the new big bad go against the former big bad could prove to be a good change of pace for Bleach.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 02:33   Link #6949
Eragon
Still Alive

Annnnnnd Kubo just ruined everything. What an absolutely atrocious plot point. "My plan/will all along" only works for so long. Now, I'm pretty sure Soul King is going to pull this same shit somewhere down the line not to mention Aizen.
Old 2015-03-13, 14:38   Link #6950
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Ywach: JUST AS PLANNED! You were my bitch all along! I SEE EVERYTHING "CUZ I"M GOD

Aizen: Well, I planned for you to say that. Just like I knew you'd do this.
Old 2015-03-13, 14:53   Link #6951
Kafriel
Senior Guest

- These eyes of mine...they see everything.
- The soul king's right arm, WTF I didn't expect that!

Trustworthy skillz fellas. Bach's almighty is only as broken as Kubo wants it to be. He can just say Ichigo swings upwards and dusts his eyes and boom, powers nullified.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 04:16   Link #6952
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I can't crap on Kubo's writing too much. It's pretty typical of shounen stories like this to pull stuff out of their rear. Heck, DBZ made it into an art form. Not that it doesn't get a bit old after a while, or any less eye rolling.

It's still fun to read.....usually.
Old 2015-03-14, 09:24   Link #6953
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Saw a partial script of the chapter. My knowledge of Japanese is meager but I can still tell mangapanda completely messed up. Mangastream had the correct translation after all.

Quote:
ユーハバッハ「何故”止める”などと言う? 私は何だ お前の仇ではないのか 母を殺した男に対してそこで 殺すと言えぬのがお前の弱さよ一護」
"Why are you saying "stop"? What am I? Am I not your enemy? To not say kill when referring to the man who killed your mother is your weakness, Ichigo."
Old 2015-03-14, 13:28   Link #6954
Gilly

But I was rooting for Mangapanda so strongly...
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 21:47   Link #6955
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Mangapanda translation:

Ywach: Don't be such a pussy, Ichigo. COME AT ME BRO I KILLED YOUR MOTHER RIGHT?
Old 2015-03-18, 12:31   Link #6956
DarkHollowIchigo

For the love of god, you do not have to read the manga if you do not like it.
Old 2015-03-19, 01:26   Link #6957
Knjaz

Since when falling is such a problem for Shinigami.
Though, anybody rememebrs if Orihime/Chad clould stay in air in spirit world?
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 01:56   Link #6958
Alhazad2003

Crapola....

That's the first thought I had when I got through this chapter. So Ukitake's efforts have been thwarted, and now Yhwach seems intent on becoming the new Soul King, and woe to anyone who gets in his way. If even the Royal Guard couldn't stop him, how can the remaining Captains? Talk about dramatic, yes? Much more than Deicide, where Aizen was thwarted before he could finally put his whole plan into action. Not this time, from the looks of it. Be interesting to see how Ichigo and friends can stop the end of all things. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 04:18   Link #6959
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

uh......i cannot kill the soul king so i gonna absorb him and become soul king myself.

this boss is boring, give me back trollzen
Old 2015-03-19, 06:37   Link #6960
Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Since when falling is such a problem for Shinigami.
Though, anybody rememebrs if Orihime/Chad clould stay in air in spirit world?
I think they were when they came out of that Garganta 30+ chapters ago.

(They've been back for that long and still did nothing... just wow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
uh......i cannot kill the soul king so i gonna absorb him and become soul king myself.
That's what he should've done from the beginning instead of "I will kill the Soul King and destroy the universe just for fun"
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter