AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-04-21, 07:41   Link #8201
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Well, he might want to showcase Hitsu as the next Cpt. Commander in terms of zanpakuto power.
Looks like indeed Captain-Commander level of Bankai. Definitely on par or above with early Yamamoto, from that flashback about first fight between Yama and Yhwach 1000 years ago.

Not even close to "Solar" Yamamoto, but give Hitsu 1000 years and he'll get to his own, world-freezing level I guess.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 08:44   Link #8202
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Good power-up for Hitsugaya, but why not end it there and instead make Thor immune to "worldly elements", just to showcase Byakuya...oh wait, that's why :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 08:47   Link #8203
Sixth
Hu Tao

Awesome chapter.

Love the Bishigaya's powers. As for Byakuya, this is the first time we see his thousand blades attacking someone in the manga, right?

The team work for the chapter is actually made me smile. Even a crippled Kenpachi was powerful enough to made him fall down.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 09:21   Link #8204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Somehow not surprised that of course Byakuya has to get involved too. Still this should be it considering they are all taking action together, so it is a three Captain team effort.

Certainly given some time Hitsugaya is going to reach some insane levels. Maybe they do want to pass the Captain Commander title to him after all this.

All the freezing was pretty impressive. Some crazy power and really someone who actually have to take seriously in a hurry or you're already frozen.
Old 2016-04-21, 09:34   Link #8205
Galaxian

Wow, a honestly good Bleach chapter in this arc? Am I seeing a unicorn right now?

But seriously, really good chapter. Really liked Hitsugaya's new powers and all 3 Captain looked cool. Now lets hope the don't mess it up and that he Quincy really is defeated.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 11:31   Link #8206
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh finally a fight that quite satisfying

3 hardest-to-talk-to captains are working together and taking down the enemy with their ultimate moves
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 11:37   Link #8207
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Wow, a honestly good Bleach chapter in this arc? Am I seeing a unicorn right now?

But seriously, really good chapter. Really liked Hitsugaya's new powers and all 3 Captain looked cool. Now lets hope the don't mess it up and that he Quincy really is defeated.
Rather than hope for something that isn't going to happen, let's do something constructive.

Okay, people, odds on who comes in to save our three Captains when ThorQuincy makes his obligatory "miraculous" no-sell of their impending group attack (at which point he will probably complete his transformation into a giant Hulk Hogan). Rules are that it has to be someone we've forgotten about or thought was dead already, since that's how Kubo rolls. Alternately it could be one of our Captains Three pulling out yet another trump card.

Discuss...
Old 2016-04-21, 12:01   Link #8208
itachi-san314

Good chapter. I like Toshiro's new form and I like to see Byakuya finally using his ultimate move again. Thor will be fine though, simply because he won't die until someone destroys that cross inside his head. That's his only weak spot. ...I guess it's possible Byakuya is aiming for it, but I kind of doubt it for some reason.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 12:41   Link #8209
DerGilga
Banned

Doesn't the chapter imply that Ice-man's bankai is so cold that is can freeze abilties? I mean that was the reason why he could cut the sword of hope without taking damage. So Thor dies because his miracle is frozen.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 12:45   Link #8210
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Rather than hope for something that isn't going to happen, let's do something constructive.

Okay, people, odds on who comes in to save our three Captains when ThorQuincy makes his obligatory "miraculous" no-sell of their impending group attack (at which point he will probably complete his transformation into a giant Hulk Hogan). Rules are that it has to be someone we've forgotten about or thought was dead already, since that's how Kubo rolls. Alternately it could be one of our Captains Three pulling out yet another trump card.

Discuss...
Pesche Guatiche will save the day with Infinite Slick, which will cause Thor to slip into the air and out of Earth's gravity. That's also how he will defeat Yhwach.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 14:59   Link #8211
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Doesn't the chapter imply that Ice-man's bankai is so cold that is can freeze abilties? I mean that was the reason why he could cut the sword of hope without taking damage. So Thor dies because his miracle is frozen.
That's why the whole "Miracle" ability is dumb. Because then wouldn't it be a miracle if Thor lives through this?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 15:43   Link #8212
necrolyte

^Don't give crazy ideas to Kubo he might actually use it
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 16:24   Link #8213
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Pesche Guatiche will save the day with Infinite Slick, which will cause Thor to slip into the air and out of Earth's gravity. That's also how he will defeat Yhwach.
Kubo, is that you...?
Old 2016-04-21, 16:37   Link #8214
Wandering Soul

Good chapter. I liked Hitsugaya's new power, in fact all three captains were cool in this chapter. Still not sure that Thor is dead though
Old 2016-04-21, 22:04   Link #8215
astrallionheart

Quote:
Which makes sense why he's being hyped as the next captain-commander. His zanpaktoh can literally put Ryujin Jakka's fire out.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 03:59   Link #8216
AsGryffynn
Envoy of the beginning

I can safely confirm that Hitsugaya's Bankai form is fanservice only. After all, he just confessed he hates it...

Also, Byakuya finally activated "UBW mode" for his Bankai. Was a long time coming!
AsGryffynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 19:40   Link #8217
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

INB4 Niisama calling Thor a mongrel...
Old 2016-04-25, 09:48   Link #8218
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Three Bankais! vs this Quincy
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 11:22   Link #8219
Gilly

Quote:
Is it Hitsugaya's own ability, or is ice itself actually capable of stoping abilities in Bleachverse? Cause if it's the latter, you'd think Mayuri would've realized it already and exploited it in this war. But since it didn't happen, anti-magic is Hitsugaya's own power. So... yeah. "Shikai and bankai can't have different powers" rule is broken again.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 16:43   Link #8220
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Is it Hitsugaya's own ability, or is ice itself actually capable of stoping abilities in Bleachverse? Cause if it's the latter, you'd think Mayuri would've realized it already and exploited it in this war. But since it didn't happen, anti-magic is Hitsugaya's own power. So... yeah. "Shikai and bankai can't have different powers" rule is broken again.
Quote:
I think people take that line a bit to literal. If you look at Yamamoto his bankai could raise the dead. The answer to that lines in the explanation, the dead were risen by Yamamoto's flames.
In the same vein Soifon's shikai, Suzumebachi (Hornet), and bankai, Jakuhō Raikōben (Hornet Thunder Whip), are abilities which require contact with the target. You could say they sting.
So can flames in general rise the dead in the Bleachverse? Or is it an ability of Yamamoto? So does this mean that Kubo is that bad as an author and he contradicted this line in the very fight he introduced it?

Btw, as hot as the sun. Flames are are created by highly excited molecules in the air which release there excess energy in the form of electro-magnetic radiation.
The sun on the other hand is an nuclear reactor where gamma rays photon are created during the process of nuclear fusion in its core. Like we all know of course, the energy range of electrons in outer atomic orbitals is in the range of eV, while core levels have a range of MeV to GeV. After all, this is the difference between the electro magnetic force and the strong atomic force.
I guess I should belittle Kubo for trying to relate two things which have a total different physical origin and therefore are actuall totally unrelated. Well except being hot, than again "hot" just describes the average kinetic energie <E_v> of a microscopic system and the resulting black body rediation is true for all baryonic matter with some energy.
Or I accept he is an author of an fantasy story and give some liberties in the powers and the explanations behind them. If his ice is so special that it can freez abilities I'm fine with that. But than again I've only got a masters in physics, so what do I know about this stuff.....
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter