Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2016-07-21, 06:05   Link #8661
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

Now the question is, when did the illusion start?

since when in this series he announced his shikai when he attack lol, I dont see anything real until Aizen carried this series.
Old 2016-07-21, 06:06   Link #8662
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
It was kinda more fucking awesome for Aizen fans this week.

Well I guess that depends on whether you take the being impaled as a good or bad thing but he did troll perfectly
Unless Kubo decides he wants to introduce another plot hole, then Aizen being impaled should really be a non-factor. The guy's immortal. If this was all it took to kill him, he would've been sentenced to the death a long time ago. He's recovered from far worse than this and has come back even stronger since he's still merged with the hogyoku. (Remember what Gin's bankai did to Aizen?)

Quote:
Now the question is, when did the illusion start?
Probably right from the get-go. Notice how last chapter Aizen greeted Yhwach by telling him "welcome to my Soul Society". It was a curious thing to say considering he was still bound to a chair and clearly in no position to rule over or control anything, much less all of soul society.

On another note, the fight's obviously not over. I mean Uryuu still hasn't arrived to do a single thing with that arrowhead. So Yhwach will recover from this I'm sure. But so long as the Aizen troll-age continues to play a major factor here, I'll consider the ending to this series to be thoroughly satisfactory. There's still also opportunity for Aizen to unleash his bankai as well. So there's that to look forward to maybe.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 06:19   Link #8663
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Probably right from the get-go. Notice how last chapter Aizen greeted Yhwach by telling him "welcome to my Soul Society". It was a curious thing to say considering he was still bound to a chair and clearly in no position to rule over or control anything, much less all of soul society.
I'm not gonna complain if that's the explanation. As I've said, I can give Aizen a free pass on anything.

It still kinda irks me though. It means that I have to accept the fact that Aizen cast an illusion on Yhwach back during the first raid, without a zapakutou while being bound to a chair that supposedly restricts his powers. Also that Aizen knows exactly what Ichigo and Renji's new bankais look like even though he hasn't seen them before.

Was the chair useless from the beginning?
Old 2016-07-21, 06:32   Link #8664
Klard
The cilvilain

Aizen clearly doing all the work while ichigo just wait and strike, who is the mc here again?
Old 2016-07-21, 06:35   Link #8665
sayde

Quote:
I'm not gonna complain if that's the explanation. As I've said, I can give Aizen a free pass on anything.

It still kinda irks me though. It means that I have to accept the fact that Aizen cast an illusion on Yhwach back during the first raid, without a zapakutou while being bound to a chair that supposedly restricts his powers.
Was the chair useless from the beginning?
There are possible explanations. Though at this stage, we may not get any official clarification. During Ichigo's decisive battle with Aizen, Aizen had made a claim that he had merged with his zanpakuto.

At the time, I personally thought that Aizen was simply losing his mind. But if this really was the case, then that would explain why he was able to cast illusions on Yhwach during the 1st raid even though he was bound to a chair with all the seals in tact.

In other words, if his body has merged with his zanpakuto, then perhaps all anyone needs to do now to fall victim to complete hypnosis is to look at Aizen only once. And no, the chair wasn't useless. He still couldn't move and he still couldn't flex his reiatsu beyond an extremely limited range with the seals in tact. But the seals probably weren't enough to prevent the visual condition for the hypnosis ritual from taking affect.

But this is all just a guess. I don't know anything for sure. And I don't know how he knew what Ichigo and Renji's new bankai's looked like either. Only logical explanation I can think of here is that Aizen really can somehow mess with Yhwach's perception of time (as was alluded to in the 1st raid), which allowed Ichigo and Renji to show up unnoticed even before Aizen started fighting.

Last edited by sayde; 2016-07-21 at 06:58.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 07:00   Link #8666
LevelSeven

Quote:
On another note, the fight's obviously not over. I mean Uryuu still hasn't arrived to do a single thing with that arrowhead.
how funny would it be if the uryu is forgotten?
i remember tenten getting the sage tools and fans speculated that she will do something with them, than nothing happened at all XD
Quote:
In other words, if his body has merged with his zanpakuto, then perhaps all anyone needs to do now to fall victim to complete hypnosis is to look at Aizen only once.
but than would the weakness evolve too?
all someone has to do is to touch aizens body and the illusion is dispelled and not usable for said person ever again :O
actually, i could imagine to see something like that being the reason why in the next chapter ywach curpstomps everyone
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 07:00   Link #8667
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klard View Post
Aizen clearly doing all the work while ichigo just wait and strike, who is the mc here again?
Aizen obviously. Ichigo is just a plot device.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 07:10   Link #8668
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
<snip>
There's some big assumptions being made there; some I'm not comfortable with. But taking them to be true, even I'll admit that your reasoning is pretty solid.
Old 2016-07-21, 07:20   Link #8669
itachi-san314

Pretty cool chapter. Would have preferred Aizen was doing this while still in the chair though.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 07:25   Link #8670
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klard View Post
Because it was the only way to get past YVhache's "sight" crap.
Old 2016-07-21, 07:55   Link #8671
Knjaz

Quote:
<...>
Kubo remembered that numbered Kido was a concept in Bleach and had Aizen shoot out the strongest Hado seen in the series. Funnily, it didn't even seem to have any drawbacks like the one Yamamoto used on Aizen back in the Fake Karakura Town even though it was stronger (or maybe Kubo doesn't have time for an explanation).

<...>
Uhm, what?!
Yama-ji used sacrificial #96 that uses user's body as a catalyst, instead of #99.
And looking at Yama's condition back then, he was definitely low on Reiatsu, hence #96.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 08:04   Link #8672
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Uhm, what?!
Yama-ji used sacrificial #96 that uses user's body as a catalyst, instead of #99.
And looking at Yama's condition back then, he was definitely low on Reiatsu, hence #96.
Oh? #96 in particular is a sacrificial spell? (i.e. one that specifically requires part of a user's body which can be used while low on reiatsu?) I was under the impression that a higher level spell than that would require a bigger penalty.

I guess my thinking's too strange...
Old 2016-07-21, 09:03   Link #8673
Calca
Expressionless

Since when where you all under the impression, that Kurosaki Ichigo was the main character?

-Aizen
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 09:05   Link #8674
Gilly

So, two chapters left? How hard will you laugh when the next chapter shows Yhwach has actually died from this Getsuga?
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 10:08   Link #8675
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Spoiler for Wha?!:

Will wonder never cease?
Old 2016-07-21, 11:36   Link #8676
DerGilga
Banned

So the Ichigo and Renji at the end of last chapter were illusions of Aizen?
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 11:46   Link #8677
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
So, two chapters left? How hard will you laugh when the next chapter shows Yhwach has actually died from this Getsuga?
Well, he's a human, of sorts (quincy), not a soul reaper, but still at his power level, especially merged with sould king power, being cut in half shouldn't be that bad.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 12:07   Link #8678
Wandering Soul

Aizen proves himself to be the best character in this series. He honestly comes off as more of a main character than Ichigo.
Old 2016-07-21, 12:13   Link #8679
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
So the Ichigo and Renji at the end of last chapter were illusions of Aizen?
They were real. Aizen couldn't have known those two and only those two would come.

Everything in this chapter is an illusion though. You can even see a bit of Zabimaru on "Ichigo" on page 13, meaning the Renji that got owned was also Aizen.
Old 2016-07-21, 13:27   Link #8680
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Everything in this chapter is an illusion though. You can even see a bit of Zabimaru on "Ichigo" on page 13, meaning the Renji that got owned was also Aizen.
As further proof, "Ichigo" is missing the same hand that "Renji" got cut off.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter