AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-19, 21:15   Link #1
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Saya No Uta Translation Project

Well, to be frank, I do not know why I bother.

But I just managed to dig out this old game dated back to 2003. Recall that it was a pretty short game and decide on impluse to go on a one man effort to translate the script. Here's the result after a day's worth of effort :-

http://www.geocities.com/orochi_tetra/sayanouta.txt

Manage to translate everything till the titled character appeared. Now I need some feedback regarding my translation. Good or bad, engaging or not, good choice of words whatever, just post them here.If there's enough positive demand, I'll probably see till the end of the script.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 08:06   Link #2
endofuniverse
hmmmm...

Does Saya no Uta has trial version (or demo movie at least) , I'm guessing not, but it would be smarter to translate just trial then, if the feedback is good, you go on with complete game.

edit; you forgot to mention game's homepage, most of people probably wouldn't know about the game; http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/pc/lineup/pro_06.html
endofuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 14:39   Link #3
DaFool
Resident devil

How long is it (hours or wordcount)?

...maybe they don't have a demo
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 21:22   Link #4
Keriaku
Thought Being

This game looks really interesting, I hope you do a full translation/someone makes a patch.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 22:10   Link #5
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku
This game looks really interesting, I hope you do a full translation/someone makes a patch.
Well... interesting is one way of putting it... Saya no Uta is definitely not for the faint of heart. It's been years since I've played it and I still remember some of the more "intense" scenes very clearly... (SchoolDays has nothing on this game..)

((((( ;゚Д゚))))) *shivers*
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 17:48   Link #6
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I'll finish the game, hopefully before Christmas this year.

Now, if only I can bring myself to stop playing ReFF III DS......
Old 2006-11-12, 01:43   Link #7
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Translation updated :-

http://geocities.com/orochi_tetra/sayanouta.txt

http://www.geocities.jp/elfenlied2/sayanouta.txt

Est 20% done
Old 2008-04-08, 07:48   Link #8
shangtsail
ユリブロッソム

Oh cool, this is awesome! I played the game last year and really enjoyed it.

You have to try this game if you like Mnemosyne.
shangtsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:54   Link #9
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
You should really give these guys a holla as they're looking for a translater
Old 2008-06-27, 06:47   Link #10
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Wow...and I was just thinking about this game, I was surprised that some guys are mirrormoon restarted it.

Though I haven't played it yet I was thinking of doing so with "babelfish" but if this is the case then maybe waiting is better.

MakubeX2, you will be a god if you help them translate it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 07:16   Link #11
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Saya no Uta!? (Gasps)
That game was too messed up...even more messed up than Umineko...no offense fellow Umi-fans.
I mean come on! My friend in Chinese forum was talking about how he got addicted to it and posted out some pics, dude count me out man! I'm not going to play a game where almost every picture has human-organs to it O.O
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 14:52   Link #12
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Ok, you seriously need to state what the game is in the OP. Anyways love the guro in this game, so far this is probably the BEST guro plot I seen in my entire life.
Old 2009-07-03, 21:28   Link #13
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

This game made me officially ♥ Nitro+ for developing such fucked up shit. I was glued to my screen for hours until I played through all 3 endings and I still can't get it out of my mind.

This game, though short and lacking interactivity, is an epic mind blowing masterpiece full of depraved beauty.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 00:46   Link #14
u43368
Disabled By Request

I honestly can't find any other VN I can compare this too. Gore Screaming Show, maybe, but the art in this is gritty (for a visual novel anyway; they had to throw in some "moe" elements for the otaku).

Heck, I've been trying to find any VN that I would just like as much as this but all have fallen short. Damn this game for raising my standards so high.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 09:02   Link #15
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I completely agree, I avoided it at first, as the synopsis seemed a bit too guro for me after I read the various plot overviews, but goddamn... when I decided to try it, I literally sat through the whole game it was so damned "beautiful" and "touching" .
It completely messes up with the conscience of the player, and he/she feels really confused about the concept of right and wrong. I wish there'd be more games twisted and wicked like that. (Edit: and good luck doing that kinda VNs, with the new game-restrictions :/ ...)
Anyway, Saya always going to be my favorite Alien Tentacle Monster.
Spoiler for Here's my favorite MAD about Saya No Uta (spoilers inside):

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-05 at 09:27.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 12:29   Link #16
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

It is unequivocally beautiful, quotation marks need not apply! And, it is quite touching as well, in the sense that you can feel as if the world exists just for you and the person you love.

It's been days since I played the game and I still can't get it out of my head. I even had a weird ass dream about it last night, where I was wandering the streets filled with those creatures. Damn, it creeped me out big time. *shudders*

I really want Nitro+ to expand their base and create English patches for all their games -- it pisses me off that I can't understand the other games they have out, I would so buy it and I can't imagine that it would too much more of an endeavor to create separate English patches for their games so that the international audience could also revel in their fuckedupness.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:01   Link #17
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

It took me half a year before I finally found the courage to play this game -_-' And, it, was..... AWESOME!! It was much more touching than I thought it would be (Although the h-scene with an alien made me a little... Uncomfortable...) I haven't reached the true ending yet, but the bad and the good were too good to describe with words. And also, I found some of the BGM's very "soothing" (Like Sabbath) wich made the game even more extreme.
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 15:21   Link #18
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I spent all yesterday playing this.

It was fucking incredible. That is all.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 15:51   Link #19
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
It took me half a year before I finally found the courage to play this game -_-' And, it, was..... AWESOME!! It was much more touching than I thought it would be (Although the h-scene with an alien made me a little... Uncomfortable...) I haven't reached the true ending yet, but the bad and the good were too good to describe with words. And also, I found some of the BGM's very "soothing" (Like Sabbath) wich made the game even more extreme.
The true end is the most touching IMO but you'll see soon.

------------------
On a related news, TLWiki removed the TL patch for Saya no Uta (and Chaos; Head +numerous other Nitroplus titles) for now (probably temporary, but it's not sure yet), due to JAST licensed two Nitroplus titles, and there might be (speculation follows: ) some secretive "fishy" business going on now between them and the fantranslators of Nitroplus titles. (My guess would be that JAST/Nitro+ might be enforcing/blackmailing them somehow if I view things pessimistically, or that JAST is negotiating with all the related fantranslator groups to buy their fantranslations if I want to view things positively. I'd bet money on the former, for various reasons I won't detail here, but only future will tell.)
Hell if I know what's exactly going on, but that's certainly not the best thread to discuss that issue more thoroughly here. Anyway, with intense search on google one could find mirrors for both Saya and both C;H localization patches, provided one is looking hardly enough, and uses google properly.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-11 at 19:50.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 01:13   Link #20
Jze0
Hmmm...

Just started playing this game recently and man... is this game screwed up. I really like it but some of the stuff that happens is really crazy and creepy I don't really want to get into details right now since I'm still in the beginning so all I'll say is the main character is really ****** up and despite Saya being cute shes no exception either.