AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-12, 20:15   Link #2721
casval cehack

@PzIVf3 That's a pretty steep price drop on the HGs; it's even cheaper than the entry level AG gunplas (with the gage-ing arcade chip).

Well, an older mustachioed Flit can pilot the AGE-2 while Asem trains in an Adel/Atel MS at the start of the 2nd generation. Just because the show has multiple generations, it does not necessarily mean that the introduction of a new Gundam form synchs with the piloting of the new main character (although it's ideal). Level-5 could greatly increase the show's highlight episodes that way.

Perhaps the AGE-3 has a tandem cockpit for a father-son team given its bulk.
Old 2011-11-12, 20:53   Link #2722
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Perhaps the AGE-3 has a tandem cockpit for a father-son team given its bulk.
If the leaked chart is to be believed, its a combination/gattai MS. One could say you could have a father son combining using different machines thingy.
Old 2011-11-12, 21:25   Link #2723
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Well, an older mustachioed Flit can pilot the AGE-2 while Asem trains in an Adel/Atel MS at the start of the 2nd generation. Just because the show has multiple generations, it does not necessarily mean that the introduction of a new Gundam form synchs with the piloting of the new main character (although it's ideal). Level-5 could greatly increase the show's highlight episodes that way.
Or perhaps Asem and Flit will have the "My dad has abandoned me for his stupid Gundam" relationship and will only pilot the Gundam when forced to?
Old 2011-11-12, 21:31   Link #2724
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Or perhaps Asem and Flit will have the "My dad has abandoned me for his stupid Gundam" relationship and will only pilot the Gundam when forced to?
So it's probably going to be, like mother like son?
Old 2011-11-12, 22:10   Link #2725
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah the Gundam fandom, at least part of it, is like the textbook definition of the unpleasable fanbase possibly for all time that I've seen. I sometimes have to question if some of them ever liked Gundam to begin with or how they ever even got involved with the franchise in the first place with the degree to which they complain about seemingly everything under the sun to do with Gundam. It seems impossible that they could actually be genuine Gundam fans.

Yeah...it continues to be an unending source of embarrassment for me as a true Gundam fan who genuinely appreciates the franchise as a whole. I mean some of my buddies that I've tried to get into Gundam are too scared to post in this forum for the most part now cause they don't want to get roped into the overwhelming negativity that emanates from it at times. They love what I've shown them so far, they just want little or nothing to do with the fans cause they're kind of freaked out by them.
Oh which reminds me I found this review on MAL that made me lol. xD

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Leondre/reviews

This is the same person I called out on cause he said that he hated AGE cause he didn't want to see kindergartners pretending to be 14 year olds. Then he said he seen 8 year olds taller than that, but I can proved him wrong cause I was around Flit's height when I was 14 cause I think Flit is around 4 feet. xD

Ever since AGE's announcement the fanbase has been freaking me out too. So I don't really blame them for staying away.

I like part of the Gundam fanbase, but not the raging fanboys who act like little kids when Sunrise don't cater to their UC tastes. If Bright saw all the pointless hate Gundam AGE is getting or anything out of UC actually his head would hang in shame then he would go on a Brightslap rampage and Brightslap all the raging fanboys like a boss that it would knock the bullshit right out of them.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 22:42   Link #2726
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If the leaked chart is to be believed, its a combination/gattai MS. One could say you could have a father son combining using different machines thingy.
In effect, that particular scenario would symbolize the bridging of the classic and new Gundam fans, the very thing Bandai and Level-5 are trying to achieve with Age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
It would be a nice contrast from the recent "I am GUNDAM" motivations of lead gundam pilots.
Old 2011-11-12, 23:48   Link #2727
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post

This is the same person I called out on cause he said that he hated AGE cause he didn't want to see kindergartners pretending to be 14 year olds. Then he said he seen 8 year olds taller than that, but I can proved him wrong cause I was around Flit's height when I was 14 cause I think Flit is around 4 feet. xD
Those of us from Asia may not be that tall either, I recall seeing 14-15 year olds kids in my country and thought "Wow, were we really that short once when were that age?". Hell I've seen some (but definitely lower than the average) college girls at my old Malaysian college that were barely reaching 5 and in the US which is where I'm studying at the moment, everyone seems much more taller than me and I've seen their teenagers to be more taller than the average teenagers of the same age back home.

It may not be the most desirable height one would like to see (even I wish they were taller) but I won't say its unrealistic.
Old 2011-11-13, 02:09   Link #2728
solidvanz
Special Operative

2ch's comparison between the leaked concept art and finalized design of Gundam AGE-2:
Spoiler for Picture:
Old 2011-11-13, 02:13   Link #2729
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Argh....really really liked the older color much better. Wish they just dished the last red in the middle to conform with the blue domination.

I have to wait till I see the lineart though.
Old 2011-11-13, 04:30   Link #2730
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i hope they keep the Titus & Sparrow forms through out several episodes instead of just for one episode
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 05:24   Link #2731
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post

No, we cannot see this as a confirmation of AGE-3 because unlike AGE-2 which got a real ad, the AGE-3 has only appeared in concept art and changes could be made; if not a whole redesign (its always possible). Even for the 00 Movie Gundams, some of them got re-designed and changes (Qan(T), Zabanya) form concept to final more than others (Raphael, Harute).

It does however greatly increase the likelyness that the AGE-3 we saw in the chart will be mostly the AGE-3 we see officially by virtue of the chart being correct about AGE-2 but by no means have we confirmed it. We can now discuss the concept of AGE-3 being very ZZ like in a total serious discussion with a decent likelyhood but by no means can we consider it a fact "yet".

While most of the design made it into the final, I like the concept version more though; mainly because the torso and feet being red. But most of it made it in. Interested in seeing the actual lineart though because models can give you a different feeling when viewing them.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...dam-age-2.html

It's pretty apparent that Gundam AGE isn't treading on totally unfamiliar ground as some of us had thought. I should've seen this coming. There had got to be something that convinced Sunrise to give the go-ahead to Level 5 for their 'generations' concept, and now we know why.

...in case somebody is wondering what I'm on about, AGE-1 has a distinct RX-78 design scheme; AGE-2 is just like the Zeta which also has a fighter mode; and lastly the AGE-3 being the "new" ZZ.

It'd be interesting if the main story arcs contained elements from those 3 series as well.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 05:51   Link #2732
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i hope they keep the Titus & Sparrow forms through out several episodes instead of just for one episode
That's the problem of 3 timeline I guess....with Titus appearing so late, I'm thinking when Spallow makes its appearance it will be at the final battle (for the 1st generation, anyway)
Old 2011-11-13, 16:55   Link #2733
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Its really hard to say though, because we still don't know the episode count of the series, we can't estimate the length of a generation. Sure, they may be starting the hype on Generation 2 designs now, but that doesn't tell us us how soon they are coming because the Generation 1 designs were hyped up for awhile.
Old 2011-11-13, 19:57   Link #2734
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So what's happening on Planet EARTH during this time?

Last edited by Nvis; 2011-11-13 at 20:11.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 21:03   Link #2735
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

http://sadpanda.us/images/742504-X7KT7QT.jpg

Giggity Goo!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 23:43   Link #2736
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Question. If Gundam Age is such a total complete and utter ratings failure why is it sitting in the same company as Pokemon, Inazuma 11 and Danboru Senki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post

Ever since AGE's announcement the fanbase has been freaking me out too. So I don't really blame them for staying away.

I like part of the Gundam fanbase, but not the raging fanboys who act like little kids when Sunrise don't cater to their UC tastes. If Bright saw all the pointless hate Gundam AGE is getting or anything out of UC actually his head would hang in shame then he would go on a Brightslap rampage and Brightslap all the raging fanboys like a boss that it would knock the bullshit right out of them.
MAL is basically just completely full of trolls and the userbase has zero credibility. I make no distinction between and 4Chan....actually that's almost unfair to 4Chan.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 03:58   Link #2737
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So what's happening on Planet EARTH during this time?
The only clue Age has is a couple of wrecks scene in the opening preview. It's another "unknown". Maybe Age-2 will be stationed on the gravity front.
Old 2011-11-14, 05:35   Link #2738
PzIVf3

And the winner of character poll is. Vargas and Yurin. Beaten by a Huge goggles.
http://www.gundam.info/topic/6326

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2011-11-14 at 05:54.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 06:37   Link #2739
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Lol. Vargas? Seriously?
Old 2011-11-14, 07:09   Link #2740
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Looks like there's much disdain for Age in the Gundam community. Strange, as I haven't felt this positive about a Amuro-type lead in a long time.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote