AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

View Poll Results: No Game No Life - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 48 55.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 27.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 11.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-04, 07:42   Link #221
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

after those badass scene when Sora and Shiro managed to corner Izuna-tan and her grandpa.... Sora just disappeared like that

wtf is happening?? don't make Shiro put that face anymore...
Old 2014-06-04, 08:03   Link #222
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
after those badass scene when Sora and Shiro managed to corner Izuna-tan and her grandpa.... Sora just disappeared like that

wtf is happening?? don't make Shiro put that face anymore...
The latest episode aired today, you'll find out soon enough.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-06-04, 08:11   Link #223
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I need some clarifications here. How the protection that the rules provide actually work?

Reading these comments it seems that everyone assumes it's just some kind of psychological bind. In other words somehow exceeds are compelled to stay their hands not matter how angry they are.

But isn't it possible that there is also a magical protection that prevents exceed from being harmed at all unless they lose a game?

It may be that I have got it wrong, but that time when Shiro and Sora survived a fall from 10000 meters I thought that we had just witnessed that kind of protection at work. They couldn't die because that would have been technically a homicide from Tet's side.

Of course maybe it's just Tet that saved them at the last moment using magic, but is there anything that rules out the possibility that such magical universal protection exists?

I also have another question. We know that there's a rule that states that every disagreement must be solved with games, however it seems that people still can refuse to accept challenges.

But then what if there's a disagreement and one of the two parties refuses to play a game to solve the issue?

Example. Let's say that warbeasts decide to close their frontiers and that they do not want any foreigner to slip through their borders. However as they cannot harm in any way other exceeds they cannot physically prevent them from doing so.
At this point they are allowed to challenge the trespassers to a game to force them to go back, but what if they refuse to play? Would they be compelled to go back or would the warbeasts compelled to let them in?

Another example: Person A repeatedly verbally abuse person B (we know that it is allowed), until Person A decides that Person B should stop it and challenges him to a game. Person B however declines. Can he still continue to verbally abuse person A without him being able to do anything about it, or is forced to stop until the disagreement is resolved through a game?

Old 2014-06-04, 08:40   Link #224
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

^ This is pure speculation on my part, but I imagine it's a bit like a "no PvP zone" in an MMO. You can't assault anyone physically, but you can abuse them verbally all you want. (And refuse any challenges to a "duel").

Warbeasts would have no way to block their borders except physically preventing the others from entering (e.g. building a huge wall). However, if an intruder managed to scale that wall, they couldn't physically push him out. They could, maybe, form a live chain in front of the intruder to prevent him from going any further
Old 2014-06-04, 09:12   Link #225
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
@AC-Phoenix
I did not forget; I just mentioned what will happen if Excee Rank 1 forfeited their Race Piece.

I don't think races like Flugel care much of the ground they're standing on, if they take something like a Hypernova to kill, which is one of the reasons why Imanity 'owns' most of the world...

I think by now we've learned enough that almost no one plays a fair game. If the Races can be free of Tet by relinquishing their Race Pieces they would have done it a loooong time ago.

@quigonkenny Hmm, you're right. That being said, I wonder how Disboard differentiates which animal belongs to which. Suppose that we have a climatic animal (some birds) that moves between two differently owned territories when the season changes. How do you differentiate then?

It's far simpler to just assume that the defeated Race doesn't even count as property, and hence is free-food-for-all just like any other wild animals.
Its hard to not spoiler something if you talk about the race numbers, but belive me the number doesn't necessarily refer to their actual strength, otherwise Humans wouldn't have dominated the majority of the world before the God-Wars.

Its pretty much that all those rules favor the other races since they have some at least a minor way of cheating with magic or other race abilities.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-06-04, 22:33   Link #226
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I need some clarifications here. How the protection that the rules provide actually work?
It's not that hard. Remember Tet, aka god remade the world. The power is not magical, it's natural, aka law of nature.

If you wanted to keep someone out of your land, you simply tell them. The law intrinsically will make them "comply" pass a certain point.

This is somewhat explained in the novel and skipped in the anime. Anything that is "oh you're hurting me, you're stealing from me, you're infringing on me" will be prevent like a mind control. But can be allow if you mentally allow them to ( think S&M).

On public land or over reaching land is another matter as the thieves (skipped in the anime) in intro tried to force [ ] into a cheating game by doing "I won't let you pass unless you challenge us to a game"

So while in the case of Territory infringement. A standard warebeast may not be able to keep a random human out, but a public official can.
Old 2014-06-05, 08:07   Link #227
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
On public land or over reaching land is another matter as the thieves (skipped in the anime) in intro tried to force [ ] into a cheating game by doing "I won't let you pass unless you challenge us to a game"

So while in the case of Territory infringement. A standard warebeast may not be able to keep a random human out, but a public official can.
This doesn't seem to be consistent, how could the "thieves" prevent anyone from passing if they are by definition lawless? They would have no authority that would cause the natural law to prevent those who refuse to play from proceeding.
For instance what would have they done if Sora and Shiro simply refused to play and went on?

Old 2014-06-05, 08:21   Link #228
Ickarium

Likely nothing. But you can be browbeat into things. Likely they get enough weak-willed people to win something once in a while.
Old 2014-06-05, 14:26   Link #229
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This doesn't seem to be consistent, how could the "thieves" prevent anyone from passing if they are by definition lawless? They would have no authority that would cause the natural law to prevent those who refuse to play from proceeding.
For instance what would have they done if Sora and Shiro simply refused to play and went on?
Naive. There are plenty of ways. The laws seem to work on a "mental check" level. Aka the agreement of both parties.

What if there was a river, and I built a bridge for that river. The bridge is mine right? Anyone that comes across it is going through my property. Sure they can go around me, but how much effort is that to get across a river? Play a game with me or you can't past.

Sure I can't rob you of your soul, based on the equivalent oath, but I can get a good catch on it.
Old 2014-06-05, 14:28   Link #230
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or, you know, put a toll. Trade isn't forbidden.

I think the thieves were supposed to surround travelers and refuse to budge, which is a bit harder to get around than a bridge.
Closed Thread