I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-16, 21:02   Link #1081
StrawRabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kidding around is all well and good, but theres such a thing as being excessive. Its like this, lets say someone just called you "retard" then laughs and says its only a joke, but then all of a sudden everyone around keeps calling you retard constantly throughout the day, would you or would you not get irritated? If retard doesn't bother you, replace with a word that would.
...? I think you take these things that are said here way to seriously. I know you really like Inoue (no duh, right?) but I mean I like Rukia a lot. But I still listen to what other people have to say. I mean I love her character but I often put her character down for fun with friends.

Quote:
An OT question, but what exactly did Rukia say or do in the arc that made some improvement? As far as I know, she didn't do squat shit, she just watched and let him fight by himself. Ichigo is thankful of her giving him his powers, not for what she "didn't" do in the arc.
&
Quote:
And of course I meant development between the two.

Memories in the Rain, is about Ichigo, not Ichigo and Rukia.
Oh, sorry.
Yeah, true. Memories in the Rain is about Ichigo. What Rukia did was understand Ichigo. She understood him from her own experiences (Kaien's death) and gave him the space he needed. In return he told her about his mother unlike Orihime who asked Tatsuki- which being her best friend told her. (Sorry i'm not trying to go in to an Ichihime vs. Ichiruki thing)
So in the end the trust each other and know how far the can each go into each others lives.

Quote:
What would I call it? I would call it someone whos in love, and is not allowed to let anyone know about it, and its quite possibly the very last time she'll see him ever again.
Not allowed? I think she free to tell anyone she wants to. She just hasn't and keeps it to herself.

Quote:
Seriously, I bet you if this was any other character in any other series with a similar situation, some of you'll think its touching and cute. But when its Inoue of Bleach, cries of "FOUL!" rings across the internets.
True, true. Not many people like what she has done to herself (putting herself down, thinking of how close Rukia and Ichigo are...etc.)
Their are plenty of people who like Orihime though. You're just contantly bothered by all the anti-Orihime people and it stand out more.
Old 2008-09-16, 21:20   Link #1082
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Not allowed? I think she free to tell anyone she wants to. She just hasn't and keeps it to herself.
I'm assuming you're quoting HT.

"not being allowed to tell anyone" - reference to Ulquiorra's orders that if she disobeyed him, everyone would die.
Old 2008-09-16, 21:31   Link #1083
StrawRabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I'm assuming you're quoting HT.

"not being allowed to tell anyone" - reference to Ulquiorra's orders that if she disobeyed him, everyone would die.
Yeah sorry I was in a hurry

I think she could have told someone earlier though. I don't mean it had to be on the night she left.
Old 2008-09-16, 22:44   Link #1084
Scarlett_Rain55

This arc isn't even done yet, and IIRC Rukia wasn't the brightest girl in the S.S arc, every major character has an "emo, depressing, emotional" phase in Bleach!
Old 2008-09-16, 22:52   Link #1085
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm starting to wonder... do people really read my post or they just see a screen with my name on it, make a reply to make it sound somewhat like the read the first and last sentence of my post... I'm really starting to get really tired of repeating myself...
The way you treat others, is the way they'll treat you.

Golden Rule

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-09-17, 00:43   Link #1086
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawRabbi View Post

I think she could have told someone earlier though. I don't mean it had to be on the night she left.
I don't see a line of others forming to tell him they love him. Shy people have a hard time "spiting it out". And Ichigo is about as thick as a brick. Tastuki has even chided her not takeing advantage of Ichigo's offer to walk her home in chapter 3 and offering ways that she could entice him to do things so it would be "his fault". It's been shown that she has been trying to work up the courage to do so for a long time. And that being said it seems to be about as poorly kept sercet as the fact that Ichigo is a shinigami. All the girls at school know about it.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-17, 01:56   Link #1087
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawRabbi View Post

hard to do that when they were keeping tabs on her.
Old 2008-09-17, 07:48   Link #1088
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
The way you treat others, is the way they'll treat you.

Golden Rule
Amen to that.
Old 2008-09-17, 09:31   Link #1089
Amy corE
世界一嫌いだと言ってくれ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Everyone's self-confidence is effected by other people and even more so the yonger the person is, if people keep telling you that your useless sooner or later you will start to think that they are right. Orihime was an abused child and a lot of her timidness comes form that. And she with drew even more it to herself when here brother died. Add to this she also has a long history of being bullied and beaten in school do to her looks and there is no wonder that her self-estaem is crap. The only time she ever got "whiney" over it is when she asked to train and was flat out told she was useless. And after that she had an even larger resolve to become stronger.
It's a fact, yes. Bleach is a character-driven manga after all.
The point is, Orihime isn't trying hard enough (or Kubo...it is?). Urahara says: "You do NOT fight, you simply can't! You do NOT heal, we have the 4th squad!" and Inoue obeys. Other people stand up for her but she can't do it for herself.
When she went to Hueco Mundo she didn't want to be protected... she didn't believe in her friends as well. She most probably thought they wouldn't be allowed to come to HM. Well, all of her friends have more self-confidence and belief than her (in the latest arcs).
And a lot of Bleach's characters had a hard time in the past. Look at Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, Gin or Matsumoto. Rukia was homeless, had no family and lost all of her friends... even the closest ones - Renji and Kaien. She, too, was lonely until she met Ichigo. Her self-sacrificing nature didn't come from Kaien's death. She has always been like this: trustworthy and ready to help and protect her dear ones even if it kills her.
Inoue's timidness didn't come from bullying, too. It's a part of her personality, an integral part. It doesn't mean, however, that she can't subdue it for a moment. In the latest arcs...she doesn't even try to act less submissive. Or when she tryes, it's futile. Kubo's fault, not hers, of course.
She became stronger but her actions didn't help her friends... not at all. She placed them in a greater danger.

Quote:
You should notice that since the start of the HM arc Orihime's will has not faultered in the least. She has broke down in tears but that is because she was feeling her friends dieing, who she did not want there in the first place. People who dislike her always seem to focus on how she acted between the SS and HM arcs and seem to fail to see the pretty much everyone was at their all time low. Ishida was powerless, Ichigo kept loseing and his inner hollow was trying to take him over, Chad was ...well Chad and when Ichigo told him he didn't need his help, he basicly took off crying.
In HM Orihime had some will at it's only beginning. The result was the genius plan about rejecting Hougyoku. Heh.
She was becoming less and less confident when her friends began dieing off. When Ichigo was defeated she was completely down and let some b*tchy Aizen-sensei's fangirls kick her ass... or face. She even healed them afterwards. So much for willpower. Why couldn't Kubo make Inoue beat those arrancar girls, escape, run to Ichigo and then heal him? Then... Orihime would have looked like a heroine. She was a simple damsel in distress for the whole arc. I can't wait for the moment when she is finally rescued. DX Betcha Ichigo can't, too.

Quote:
As for being in Ichigo's "FRAGILE MATERIAL! Must protect!" box I'll raise the point of who isn't? So far the only people I can think of that aren't in that box are his enemies and the people that have kicked his face in and most of the time its for trying to protect them.
This box requires only caring for the weak ones' physical state (like smb.'s head/arm/leg/butt being attached to his/hers body).
This is why Ichigo has ditched Chad in chapter 201. Can't fight - stay back or GTFO. Although... he couldn't ditch Uryuu. Uryuu is too proud to ever depend on Kurosaki.
He needs strong individuals beside him. Rukia (I don't want to explain why he is acting OOC towards her), Ishida, Chad and Renji are those for now.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:58   Link #1090
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy corE View Post
It's a fact, yes. Bleach is a character-driven manga after all.
The point is, Orihime isn't trying hard enough (or Kubo...it is?). Urahara says: "You do NOT fight, you simply can't! You do NOT heal, we have the 4th squad!" and Inoue obeys. Other people stand up for her but she can't do it for herself.
When she went to Hueco Mundo she didn't want to be protected... she didn't believe in her friends as well. She most probably thought they wouldn't be allowed to come to HM. Well, all of her friends have more self-confidence and belief than her (in the latest arcs).
First, why should it have been so obvious to Orihime that her friends would follow her to HM? If it wasn't for Urahara opening a gate, her friends would not have been able to come for her. And since he told her she was worthless, it wasn't predictable that he'd send her friends after her like he did.

Secondly, let's remember also that while Ulqi delivered the "cooperate or your friends die" ultimatum, it was backed up by Aizen, who is not a man for idle threats. Let me be frank here. If Aizen really wanted Ichigo dead, he'd be dead in a few moments. That's true whether team Ichigo are in the real world, or Hueco Mundo or wherever. The only reason they're still alive is because Aizen hasn't sent his highest ranking espada after them yet. If Orihime had pissed him off, or done anything to suggest breaking her no-resistance pledge to him..........are we really sure her friends would still be alive?

Infact, while you say her plan to reject the Hogoyoku was spunky, I'd say it was quite reckless. Defeats the whole purpose of cooperating to keep Aizen's ire away from her friends.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-09-17 at 16:06.
Old 2008-09-17, 13:59   Link #1091
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

can't we all just get along? now kiss and make up >.> o_O
Old 2008-09-17, 14:54   Link #1092
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy corE View Post
In HM Orihime had some will at it's only beginning. The result was the genius plan about rejecting Hougyoku. Heh.
She was becoming less and less confident when her friends began dieing off. When Ichigo was defeated she was completely down and let some b*tchy Aizen-sensei's fangirls kick her ass... or face. She even healed them afterwards. So much for willpower. Why couldn't Kubo make Inoue beat those arrancar girls, escape, run to Ichigo and then heal him? Then... Orihime would have looked like a heroine. She was a simple damsel in distress for the whole arc. I can't wait for the moment when she is finally rescued. DX Betcha Ichigo can't, too.
Man this quote shows you have no clue about what will power means. The durring the whole fangirl thing they where trying to break her will and get a reaction out of her. Guess what it didn't work at all she never said a thing to them not even once they did start hiting her. It was a fight of wills and not only did she win she scared the hell out of them once Loly understood what she could have done to them. As for running there was no indecation that she could have opened the door once the two where out of the way or that she could get to anyone before she was stoped. Not even Ichigo could take the upper tier Espada.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-17, 17:20   Link #1093
StrawRabbi

who here actually likes orihime? (besides HayashiTakara)

I've noticed the some who don't like her are fight each other. I don't get it?
Old 2008-09-17, 18:35   Link #1094
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I don't really like Orihime; I just love her to pieces

Anyone has an extensive Orihime pic collection?
Old 2008-09-17, 19:03   Link #1095
Scarlett_Rain55

A lot of people love her! As you can see by the poll. Then I went to crunchyroll and I just felt liking crawling into my blankey and die!
Old 2008-09-17, 19:09   Link #1096
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

I know/seen of a lot of pics of her but I don't have an extensive pic collection of her

@StrawRabbi I like her, she just annoys me sometimes
Old 2008-09-17, 20:45   Link #1097
StrawRabbi

HiroInazuma i love your icon!!!
tobi is my fav character!!
Old 2008-09-17, 21:10   Link #1098
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
A lot of people love her! As you can see by the poll. Then I went to crunchyroll and I just felt liking crawling into my blankey and die!
You surely would fit in perfect at bleachexile.....ive gotta be one of the most hated there...its gotten to the point even if i dont mention orihime i feel like ive said something wrong
Old 2008-09-17, 21:27   Link #1099
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

I dont have extensive orhime collection I need more picture of her though
I am going to find more.

.Orhime Is Okay I like Ichigo better any ichigo pics I will take

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-09-17, 21:48   Link #1100
Sinta

I also like Inoue, I think she kind of got screw this arc but I still like her character.
Closed Thread