AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 22:37   Link #2201
nacer666

The plan is effective because the enemy is mostly pirates who joined in for money,war spoils,women...If they find none they will turn against each other.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 23:04   Link #2202
whsie

When I think of scorched earth, the first thing I think of is the Napoleonic Wars. Part of the reason why Napoleon's army moved so fast was because they lived off the land they conquered. This meant their army could move faster than the traditional type of army where you have to maintain and safely guard a provision route. If the provision route is broken, then the army can very well starve and riot. At the very least, morale would be shot. There has been multiple battles in history where armies preferred to target the provisions rather than the army. If the opposing army can't feed it's 100,000 men, it's pointless to have 100,000 men.

When Napoleon tried to conquer Russia, the Russians gradually retreated while they burned everything as they retreated. The reason was because Napoleon's army has not been known for their friendliness (rape, loot, etc). The Russians decided that they would rather destroy their own lands than let the French Army live off it. And eventually, as history proved, the French would not be able to conquer Russia (just as the Germans wouldn't in WWII though they were quickly running out of oil for the tanks).
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 09:20   Link #2203
Newhope

Using scorched earth against a army comprised of criminals and pirates could be a mistake, low disciplined troops like those wouldn't be able to resist looting giving you the chance to fight them more on your terms and in smaller groups.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 09:35   Link #2204
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Using scorched earth against a army comprised of criminals and pirates could be a mistake, low disciplined troops like those wouldn't be able to resist looting giving you the chance to fight them more on your terms and in smaller groups.
Don't get what are you trying to say. Are you implying that "Scorched earth" in this case is a bad thing for tigre? or good thing?
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 10:31   Link #2205
Turambar
Procrastination Major

Quote:
Isn't Elliot's army far bigger than Tallard's (don't remember/can't find the exact number)? If that's the case, then it's certainly the correct decision because then Elliot literally can't keep that army supplied out in the field, and precisely because of that low discipline he will have a lot of deserters. Elliot would have to try and force a fight, which could easily lead to rash decisions.

Worst-case scenario Elliot/Tallard fight, and given Tallard's rep of being a genius tactician I doubt he'd be wiped out even at a numbers disadvantage, and the status quo before taking Fort Lux remains. Best-case scenario Elliot does something stupid since he's on a time limit and takes heavy losses or gets wiped out. Neutral scenario is he retreats to the coast to try and consolidate.

Guessing one of the last two based on how the author's been writing so far :P
Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 10:39   Link #2206
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
Isn't Elliot's army far bigger than Tallard's (don't remember/can't find the exact number)? If that's the case, then it's certainly the correct decision because then Elliot literally can't keep that army supplied out in the field, and precisely because of that low discipline he will have a lot of deserters. Elliot would have to try and force a fight, which could easily lead to rash decisions.

Worst-case scenario Elliot/Tallard fight, and given Tallard's rep of being a genius tactician I doubt he'd be wiped out even at a numbers disadvantage, and the status quo before taking Fort Lux remains. Best-case scenario Elliot does something stupid since he's on a time limit and takes heavy losses or gets wiped out. Neutral scenario is he retreats to the coast to try and consolidate.

Guessing one of the last two based on how the author's been writing so far :P
Problem is they're still fairly close to the coast where it's still relitively easy to supply a large army by ship.
Old 2013-07-24, 10:45   Link #2207
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Problem is they're still fairly close to the coast where it's still relitively easy to supply a large army by ship.
That's the issue there. They LEFT the ship to get supplies. Not because they want to fight so eagerly and definitely not because they are near the ship and can resupply easily.
Old 2013-07-24, 10:51   Link #2208
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
That's the issue there. They LEFT the ship to get supplies. Not because they want to fight so eagerly and definitely not because they are near the ship and can resupply easily.
They didn't leave the ships for supplies.....
Old 2013-07-24, 11:00   Link #2209
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
They didn't leave the ships for supplies.....
......a few ships DEFINITELY CAN'T feed 30 thousand-ish people. Looting is the only possible way.
Old 2013-07-24, 15:15   Link #2210
noobarta

They rode on like 10 ships to get to the mainland, then all of the ships were attatched together via rope and a single manned boat brought the rest back. The 30,000 strong army is now marching across mainland.

Also do note that it was already implied that they were already running low on supplies since they have so many people. Tallard mentioned it once before about why they would force a move soon.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:14   Link #2211
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

No but seriously , I somehow get the feeling that something is gonna happen to Sophie and I feel that it is not going to be good Lols ... Anyone who got the book, mind giving me a hint of what happened to Sophie?
Old 2013-07-25, 04:39   Link #2212
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
No but seriously , I somehow get the feeling that something is gonna happen to Sophie and I feel that it is not going to be good Lols ... Anyone who got the book, mind giving me a hint of what happened to Sophie?
Spoiler for what happen.:
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 05:37   Link #2213
holybell84

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-25, 06:34   Link #2214
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Holy Crap!? That one of the strongest flags in history.

Good God! Good God Almighty! He is so in trouble when he gets back!

I really swear that it will not end peacefully for him if the girls get a wind of it.

Sure seeing Ellen in a bath A-OK, but having a shower together with Sophie is SS-OK!!

And it means trouble! That huge valley is right in front of him, man!

Super lucky, that Tigre.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 06:50   Link #2215
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Holy Crap!? That one of the strongest flags in history.

Good God! Good God Almighty! He is so in trouble when he gets back!

I really swear that it will not end peacefully for him if the girls get a wind of it.

Sure seeing Ellen in a bath A-OK, but having a shower together with Sophie is SS-OK!!

And it means trouble! That huge valley is right in front of him, man!

Super lucky, that Tigre.
Actually it's the classic position of hugging him from behind from the illustration lol
Old 2013-07-25, 08:24   Link #2216
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
where did you find the illustration d= tell me
Old 2013-07-25, 08:29   Link #2217
holybell84

Quote:
where did you find the illustration d= tell me
I bought the book lol
Old 2013-07-25, 08:31   Link #2218
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
I bought the book lol
You just gg-ed me hard.. coming from fellow singaporean who have 0 japanese language experience and WANTS to know what happens D=
Old 2013-07-25, 08:38   Link #2219
holybell84

Quote:
You just gg-ed me hard.. coming from fellow singaporean who have 0 japanese language experience and WANTS to know what happens D=
Dun worry lah lol, my Japanese half-past six nia and there are still quite a few words I have no idea what it means lol.

Will post that pics once I ate dinner and shower.
Old 2013-07-25, 08:55   Link #2220
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Dun worry lah lol, my Japanese half-past six nia and there are still quite a few words I have no idea what it means lol.

Will post that pics once I ate dinner and shower.
Awesome Singaporean mate is awesome =D Half past six better than Stuck at 00:00 LOL. Thanks for the pictures !!~~ Remember spoiler tag ahh

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)