Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-14, 14:56   Link #10561
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
I could be wrong, but here is honestly what I think :

The development made in season 2 brought Kallen all the needed keys to understand Lelouch minus one : at the end of her discussions with Nunnally she asked to herself "Who is the real lelouch : the manipulative Zero or Nunnally's loving and caring brother?". This question showed that she had her doubts, and the directors decided to have Lelouch make her believe in the unaccurate answer by first lying, and then by keeping silent. We had confirmatioin (if it was needed) in this episode that Lelouch has been wearing mask ever since the end of Ep 21. I personnally think that this development was rushed, but it is still believable. It all does make sense up to now if we think about it. We also know that :
1- Kallen has yet to contribute in a significant way to the plot (she is one of the main 4 and Taniguchi said her bond with Lelouch was essential)
2- She has her gum line to say, now that Nunnally said hers.
3- It would be so anti-climatic to close her character before she learns the truth, while she has been the very one to be seeking it from the very begining of this season, that I can't help but think it will never happen.

1- tells me that if she can't die before either killing Lelouch or changing side again.
2 and 3- tell me that she will ultimately understand Lelouch's plan and his true feelings for her (whatever they are). Remember that in the Korean blog spoiers, Lelouch's "live on" line was supposed to be "the key to express his true feelings to Kallen". If I am not mistaken, it has yet to happen, as in Ep 22 he didn't say anything.

I honestly don't think this episode changed anything concerning Kallen x Lelouch. It rose CC x Lelouch's chances quite a bit, and it made me feel that Kallen and Gino were surprisingly dumb to ally with a guy who already erased 2 capitals from the map by using WMDs, but IMO Kallen x Lelouch's resolution will come at the very climax of the show's tension, along with Kallen's gum line. This kind of tearing apart is just so painfully classic that it hurts.

Wether it will be in the scene we can see in the extended preview, well, even if it looks like it I agree that one should not jump on conclusions. Especially since it's only a preview.
Basically sums up my view on the whole thing. And yes the preview are always misleading.

Kaulu didn't move forwards or backwards IMO its currently tap dancing at the same spot it was last week. Like I've been saying since episode 20 (its my mantra) they've done to much with Kallen to have it all end like this. Especially without knowing the truth.

Kallen's been confused since the start. There's hasn't been one instance in R2 where she hasn't been struggling with her emotions and difficult decisions. Right now all she knows for sure is that Lelouch is being an ass. She doesn't know about Lelouch's plan, she doesn't know about Nunally, and she doesn't know anything about her current Boss.

She has so much to freaking learn its ridiculous. She's the only major character outside of this loop of fate the Geass created.

Still though there's the voice in the back of my head telling me she might kill him though. (After the big reveal, not out of blind hatred.)
Old 2008-09-14, 14:58   Link #10562
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

Still though there's the voice in the back of my head telling me she might kill him though. (After the big reveal, not out of blind hatred.)
No way Lulu dies until 25. And honestly i don't think that Kallen could actually kill him.

And good point there Baixinho.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:03   Link #10563
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
She has so much to freaking learn its ridiculous. She's the only major character outside of this loop of fate the Geass created.

Maybe CC can just mindrape her with images of Suzaku and Lelouch together as little boys.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:03   Link #10564
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I hate doing long posts but whatever.

What's up with all the negative posts about Kallen today? Did anyone really believe that she would go to Lelouch after last episode. Considering what Lelouch done last episode and this one, sure she would want to take down Lelouch after what he's done. Kallen is just to attached to Lelouch at this point, she would have to someway, somehow understand want Lelouch wants to do and I only hope Lelouch answers her question. Him telling her the reason why he told her to live on has to happen(I'm hoping he knows how much pain she is in) just like the kiss between imo.Or the writers wasted all the time they spent with her imo. People might see that if she forgives Lelouch, they would hate her character. I'm the opposite, she was ready to die with/for him in previous episodes.

That's all she cares about, he might just be her world at this point. She doesn't even seem to remember her mom. Can't believe people truly believe its over. All depends how next episode plays out to decide that. Besides in previews they seem to just be playing with all of us. Kallen's crying, talking to Ougi, walking with Lelouch, standing next to Gino and now in front of Lelouch in the Guren. They might just be trying to build up the drama, just a thought. If she comes to understand Lelouch then they didn't waste our/their time developing. If she was just suppose to become an enemy for the last few episodes and that's how she contributes to the plot. They could have done that beforehand. I'm keeping faith between the two, since I supported them since last season.

I just want whatever comes out of their relationship to be positive. It doesn't have to be romance at all. As long as Kallen is happy at the end, I'm fine with it. She has been confused, emotional, upset the entire season. I hope Lelouch recognizes this and just be truthful to her.
Old 2008-09-14, 15:05   Link #10565
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
No way Lulu dies until 25. And honestly i don't think that Kallen could actually kill him.

I wasn't talking about the next episode.

And I'm 70% sure she won't be able to kill him
Old 2008-09-14, 15:05   Link #10566
lovecakecookies

You know what?! I brought up my hopes again.... they are not going to screw her character over in the next episode, they have been doing that far too long...They are dragging her plot more that's all.. She will finally understand the situation/Lulu somehow...and everyone/fans/haters will be like ....FINALLY!!! and if she doesn't then...

They did it to everyone when they turned C.C Moe... and they are doing it again...So I will wait..

@ SonOfHeaven

Yes, good post, I agree.. I just want her to have a happy end..Lulu or not..
Old 2008-09-14, 15:06   Link #10567
Baixinho

Quote:
Basically sums up my view on the whole thing. And yes the preview are always misleading.

Kaulu didn't move forwards or backwards IMO its currently tap dancing at the same spot it was last week. Like I've been saying since episode 20 (its my mantra) they've done to much with Kallen to have it all end like this. Especially without knowing the truth.

Kallen's been confused since the start. There's hasn't been one instance in R2 where she hasn't been struggling with her emotions and difficult decisions. Right now all she knows for sure is that Lelouch is being an ass. She doesn't know about Lelouch's plan, she doesn't know about Nunally, and she doesn't know anything about her current Boss.

I can see that happening

And yes, her being the only one of the main 4 to not know the truth would make it even more anti-climatic.

Quote:

Thanks
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:06   Link #10568
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
I could be wrong, but here is honestly what I think :

The development made in season 2 brought Kallen all the needed keys to understand Lelouch minus one : at the end of her discussions with Nunnally she asked to herself "Who is the real lelouch : the manipulative Zero or Nunnally's loving and caring brother?". This question showed that she had her doubts, and the directors decided to have Lelouch make her believe in the unaccurate answer by first lying, and then by keeping silent. We had confirmatioin (if it was needed) in this episode that Lelouch has been wearing mask ever since the end of Ep 21. I personnally think that this development was rushed, but it is still believable. It all does make sense up to now if we think about it. We also know that :
1- Kallen has yet to contribute in a significant way to the plot (she is one of the main 4 and Taniguchi said her bond with Lelouch was essential)
2- She has her gum line to say, now that Nunnally said hers.
3- It would be so anti-climatic to close her character before she learns the truth, while she has been the very one to be seeking it from the very begining of this season, that I can't help but think it will never happen.

1- tells me that if she can't die before either killing Lelouch or changing side again.
2 and 3- tell me that she will ultimately understand Lelouch's plan and his true feelings for her (whatever they are). Remember that in the Korean blog spoiers, Lelouch's "live on" line was supposed to be "the key to express his true feelings to Kallen". If I am not mistaken, it has yet to happen, as in Ep 22 he didn't say anything.

I honestly don't think this episode changed anything concerning Kallen x Lelouch. It rose CC x Lelouch's chances quite a bit, and it made me feel that Kallen and Gino were surprisingly dumb to ally with a guy who already erased 2 capitals from the map by using WMDs, but IMO Kallen x Lelouch's resolution will come at the very climax of the show's tension, along with Kallen's gum line. This kind of tearing apart is just so painfully classic that it hurts.

Wether it will be in the scene we can see in the extended preview, well, even if it looks like it I agree that one should not jump on conclusions. Especially since it's only a preview.
You told it perfectly. I was ready to make a BIG post to try to erase all this nonsensical miss of motives, but you did it perfectly. People are forgetting a lot of things.

Romance, in R2, were about Lelouch and Kallen, Taniguchi told Romance will be in R2, and at this point, hard to argue otherwise, Kallen wins the romance plot.

Kallen learned about Lelouch during ALL THIS SEASON. If she doesn't end up by learn the truth or discovering the truth, all her devellopment will be rushed; I don't think Taniguchi wants to pull out with her an Athrun Zala from Destiny; She still have 2 Turns to realize things, and at this state, everything is blurry to us, who are omniscient, so, hard to Kallen to realize she is working for the bad guy.

Kallen has her Gum Line; her Gum line is going to be her most important line...do you really think, people, she could tell this to someone else than lelouch ? Illogical; If she told him this, it will be during a dying/confessing moment; To see kallen assumed Lelouch could have told her "Aishiteru" she had to be...pretty confident about this. She isn't the type of girl to be presomptuous IMO.

This Gum line assume Kallen is going to ask him sort of "Why"...maybe "Why did you do this, why didn't you tell me everything ?"...Lelouch could easily push some wish to protect her, and then, gum line.

I'm in no way overly confident there, it just seems right. At least, it's the only way, in my point of view, to deal with Kallen's devellopment of this season, and with her gum line.

I was still a little doubtful but it's over. I trusts taniguchi, Kallen will not be the new Athrun Zala, it will be too much strange to rush his most develloped character of R2 without reason.

ALL HAIL KALULU \o/

And to those Kalulu haters who are giving us some neg rep cause of our posts, don't avoid this, cause of you, I've always the feeling I mark points with my posts, so, thanks

Wow xD All this bunch of positive posts all of a sudden xD True Kallen's fans are finally awake ?

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:08   Link #10569
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

And to those Kalulu haters who are giving us some neg rep cause of our posts, don't avoid this, cause of you, I've always the feeling I mark points with my posts, so, thanks
Oh, do not get me started on this. Ridiculous. {not that i care about rep but srsly, this is pathetic}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:37   Link #10570
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Wow xD All this bunch of positive posts all of a sudden xD True Kallen's fans are finally awake ?
Now thanks....Must rep+ you all~ But it's already 5am in Shanghai so I'm all but awake~
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:40   Link #10571
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Oh, do not get me started on this. Ridiculous. {not that i care about rep but srsly, this is pathetic}

I don't care at all too, but if they are doing this, it's cause we are making points, and they don't like it So it's good for us

dec4rapsody : Kallen is going to broke your pairing curse

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:43   Link #10572
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I don't care at all too, but if they are doing this, it's cause we are making points, and they don't like it So it's good for us

dec4rapsody : Kallen is going to broke your pairing curse
Lol, I'd love to see that~*falls dead at my desk*

crawls to bed now~
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 15:52   Link #10573
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Doesn't the extended preview show that the BK are attacking Schneizel (as they should since he wants to bomb the hell out of the world, I would hope at least Xing Ke would be bright enough to realize that. He's supposed to be as smark as Lelouch after all.) It doesn't make sense to me that their Ace wouldn't be part of the fight.

I personally think (a possible scenario is) that Lelouch will try to explain what he's doing. Kallen will not believe him and ask him if that were true why he would send her away, then say her gum line. At this point, all the pain he's put her through wil come to a head and she'll attack. If she hasn't fought Suzaku yet, he'll appear and stop her and if she fought Suzaku before to get to Lelouch, something else will happen (like the BK realize Schneizel is evil--as in the fru-its of the dev-il). At that point we'll have the obligatory point when the Albion and the SEITEN put aside their differences and attack Schneizel together.

I'm also open to the possibility that the Lelouch that Kallen is attacking is actually Sayoko, in a trap set up to keep Kallen out of the fight (after getting past Suzaku) and Sayoko explains what's actually happening.

At any rate, I at least want Kallen to learn the truth about Lelouch since that's what her 'journey' has been all season. And I also want a kick ass scene where the Albion and the SEITEN work together.

Not sure it will happen. Just my wish list...If it doesn't happen, I'll just make up a happy Kalulu ending in my head and never watch the last episodes again.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-14, 16:04   Link #10574
Tenkaichi
Resign to your Fate...

Send a message via AIM to Tenkaichi
ALBION and SEITEN working together just seems too... corny though. I don't think they can avoid something like that, so they might as well go all out and have them say some special attacks against Schnizel.

Let us all join forces together! And don't forget the POWER OF LOVE as well!

Sigh. Pessimistic much, and I sure as hell don't want to see that kind of ending. It just isn't this anime and it doesn't deserve the done to death Gundam references. I just say that this kind of thing is unavoidable because Suzaku and Kallen aren't "evil endbosses," and they could very well end up on the same side instead of sadly killing each other or something. Schnizel doesn't have an endboss with a mecha since they're all dead or MIA and the rest of the BK are relegated to minor characters. Xing-ke could have been so much more in general and if he gets a character death scene, it will be rushed without a doubt. I will be surprised if he gets some substantial screentime for it.

Edit: Ok, no mecha or endboss helper for Schnizel except for himself, Damocles, Kanon (minor) and Nunnally (eh). What'd I miss...

For all we know, things may not be throughly resolved until ep 25. Pretty sure that if anything, next epsode will be much, much better than today.

Courtesy of Ultima_Rasengan05
Tenkaichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:05   Link #10575
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Doesn't the extended preview show that the BK are attacking Schneizel
Maybe. It does seem like Tamaki is defending the Avalon. At the very least, the OP clearly shows Toudou attacking Damocles. There's no two ways about this, Schneizel will lose the support of the OotBK next episode. Kallen won't be the only one to change sides again

Well, once he starts firing FLEIJA indiscriminately, it's only a matter of time...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:06   Link #10576
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaichi View Post
For all we know, things may not be throughly resolved until ep 25. Pretty sure that if anything, next epsode will be much, much better than today.
That's what I'm thinking as well.
Old 2008-09-14, 16:09   Link #10577
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Yeah since who would they choose?

A evil emperor? or a madman that wants to rule with freya?

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:11   Link #10578
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkaichi View Post
ALBION and SEITEN working together just seems too... corny though. I don't think they can avoid something like that, so they might as well go all out and have them say some special attacks against Schnizel.

Let us all join forces together! And don't forget the POWER OF LOVE as well!

Oh, I'm not saying that it's not corny, but it is a Sunrise series, and in the end, they seem to like giving people what they want...and people tend to want happy endings where misunderstandings and bad blood are set aside in order to come together for a common goal (i.e., to DEFEAT EVIL).

I could actually see the cliffhanger being the Lancelot and the Guren heading towards Schneizel together (or all the KMF shown in the montage in the Opening sequence).
Old 2008-09-14, 16:29   Link #10579
bran
h e a d s h o t

i'm starting to think the keywords for next ep (Lelouch, you don't hate me?) have higher possibility to be said by Kallen

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 16:30   Link #10580
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
i'm starting to think the keywords for next ep (Lelouch, you don't hate me?) have higher possibility to be said by Kallen
Then she says her gum line