AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-04, 23:27   Link #2041
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
You're about a season and a half behind the end of the series. at the point you're at, people just think he's dead.
Wait, BTTQ said he/she had just seen the episode where Lelouch first calls Jeremiah Orange. Wouldn't be like the 3rd or 4th episode?

Anyway, yeah you may wanna just go ahead and watch the whole series BTTQ. Unless you want us to just spoil the whole thing for you
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 00:38   Link #2042
BowToTheQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Wait, BTTQ said he/she had just seen the episode where Lelouch first calls Jeremiah Orange. Wouldn't be like the 3rd or 4th episode?

Anyway, yeah you may wanna just go ahead and watch the whole series BTTQ. Unless you want us to just spoil the whole thing for you
um the episode is actually episode 11 and then the episode after that is when u see the dead list. Plus Im a girl :3
BowToTheQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 00:40   Link #2043
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowToTheQueen View Post
um the episode is actually episode 11 and then the episode after that is when u see the dead list. Plus Im a girl :3
Oh okay. Well, you said you had just seen the episode where Lelouch called him Orange, so I thought you meant the first time. Oh and you saw it from the recap episode then. Gotcha.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:43   Link #2044
BowToTheQueen

Quote:
Oh okay. Well, you said you had just seen the episode where Lelouch called him Orange, so I thought you meant the first time. Oh and you saw it from the recap episode then. Gotcha.
lol yah I actuallt got up to the episode where euphy....um.......you know
BowToTheQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 01:09   Link #2045
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowToTheQueen View Post
lol yah I actuallt got up to the episode where euphy....um.......you know
Oh yeah. THAT episode. Well, you're just rolling right through them, aren't you?

Anyway, we should probably cut the chatter since this is a Q&A thread.
Old 2009-09-05, 13:40   Link #2046
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Random question. o.o

In episode 18, when Suzaku gets ordered to sacrifice himself so that Zero can be defeated, how does this "first level order" work?
I checked with the dub just to make sure, and they tell me it can be taken back by "at least three generals or the viceroy herself".
But if the order came directly from Schneizel, and Schneizel is of higher rank than Cornelia, then how could she just cancel the whole thing?
Old 2009-09-05, 13:54   Link #2047
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Just because he is of higher rank doesn't mean his decisions are immutable, especially in the case of the head of state in the area. Schneizel just sort of did it on whim, so he could be countermanded.
Old 2009-09-05, 13:58   Link #2048
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Just because he is of higher rank doesn't mean his decisions are immutable, especially in the case of the head of state in the area. Schneizel just sort of did it on whim, so he could be countermanded.
Hm... well, in real life, an order issued by someone like the Prime Minister would usually come before that of a regional government, I think.
But if the governor really represents the Emperor in the respective Area, then I guess it makes sense.
Thank you. *-*
Old 2009-09-05, 14:29   Link #2049
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hm... well, in real life, an order issued by someone like the Prime Minister would usually come before that of a regional government, I think.
But if the governor really represents the Emperor in the respective Area, then I guess it makes sense.
Thank you. *-*
Even in real life, it is technically possible for a lower-ranked officer to override the decisions of higher-ups under specific circumstances (they usually need a damn good reason, but still). The same would apply here.
Old 2009-09-05, 14:43   Link #2050
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Even in real life, it is technically possible for a lower-ranked officer to override the decisions of higher-ups under specific circumstances (they usually need a damn good reason, but still). The same would apply here.
Hm... okay, makes sense.
Thanks. *-*
Old 2009-09-07, 00:02   Link #2051
darthfury78

Quote:
Yeah, Turn 12 pretty much solidifies the fact that Milly had a thing for Lelouch, but I'm still kind of surprised they went out of their way to have a heart pointing from Milly to Lelouch. I mean, it's not like it was nearly as developed as Shirley or Kallen's relationship.
This is just my personal opinion. I believe that in the original format for Code Geass R2, there might have been plans to further develop a Milly x Lelouch relationship, just as there was to have been a Cecil x Suzaku relationship. Considering that a lot of ideas for the second season was scrapped, so was that possible relationship when the staff had to rewrite the entire second season. Therefore, we will never know if Lelouch feelings for Milly was as strong as it was for Kallen and Shirley.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 00:08   Link #2052
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

This is a Q&A thread, not a speculation thread.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:14   Link #2053
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
but didn't he said to Euphie that she was his first love?

I'm not saying his love for her lasted but at least it proves he loved someone else aside Nunally

Lelouch loved Euphie to the extent that he might have wanted someone who came close to his beloved half-sister, as far as her personality and courage was concerned. The love chart might have showed that Lelouch loved Euphie as much as Nunnally. So that meant that Lelouch x Euphie were very close siblings.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:18   Link #2054
darthfury78

Quote:
This is a Q&A thread, not a speculation thread.
I gave my own personal opinion as an answer, which falls under Q&A. It was said that Milly liked Lelouch. But we don't know how he felt about her, when we only saw the development between Shirley x Lelouch x Kallen. So far, some of speculation has, in fact, turned out to be true.

However, I'll simply say that Code Geass R2 leaves the viewer with a lot of unanswered questions that will never be fully explained.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:23   Link #2055
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I gave my own personal opinion as an answer, which falls under Q&A. It was said that Milly liked Lelouch. But we don't know how he felt about her, when we only saw the development between Shirley x Lelouch x Kallen. So far, some of speculation has, in fact, turned out to be true.
Don't try to hide what you're doing. Speculation isn't an answer, it's an opinion, and you weren't even quoting the question. We all know you like Milly x Lelouch, but stop trying to insert your theories that she's some buried love interest everywhere.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:30   Link #2056
darthfury78

Quote:
Don't try to hide what you're doing. Speculation isn't an answer, it's an opinion, and you weren't even quoting the question. We all know you like Milly x Lelouch, but stop trying to insert your theories that she's some buried love interest everywhere.
For this version of Code Geass R2, Lelouch x Kallen and Lelouch x Shirley are a couple.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:35   Link #2057
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
For this version of Code Geass, Lelouch x Kallen and Lelouch x Shirley are a couple.
And in the other version they would have been too, regardless of any claims to the contrary. They've been pretty clear that the main elements of the story, such that they are, are essentially the same. The execution just changed.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:39   Link #2058
darthfury78

Quote:
And in the other version they would have been too, regardless of any claims to the contrary. They've been pretty clear that the main elements of the story, such that they are, are essentially the same. The execution just changed.
Can we please DROP the love subject. Neither of us know what the real plans for Code Geass R2 was to have been. Unless Sunrise gives the go ahead to remake the entire series, or just the second season all over again, we will have to accept this version of Code Geass R2 for what it is.
Old 2009-09-07, 00:41   Link #2059
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... you were the one who brought the subject up in the first place. -.-'
Old 2009-09-07, 00:49   Link #2060
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... you were the one who brought the subject up in the first place. -.-'
I believe that's called the pot calling the kettle black.

Tags
q&a