AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 10:21   Link #1821
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Lastly...
Yeah, Chihaya, let go of the burden in your chest, so you can get out of that 72 number...
I think that letting it go made her decrease at least 1 size .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:00   Link #1822
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Definately felt sorrow for Chihaya in this episode. And the episode as a whole mad me emotionally sad is both good and bad ways for obvious reasons. The start and middle, for Chihaya's feelings and the state she was in which was the bad emotions, and the end when everyone came together to help Chihaya sing which brought out the good emotions.

Chihaya has a beautiful voice and smile. I really didn't notice until now that she never did smile was singing before, so it was extremely pleasant and nice when I witnessed this. Great song, matched up perfectly for them all to sing and when the pictures of when Chihaya and her little brother were showing in the credits.

Certinaly my favorite episode so far. These episodes just keep getting better and better somehow and I love this anime.

The only problem I wished they addressed was Chihaya making peace with her mother. As Chihaya's mother said, they had always been that way, arguing etc. Wished they could have made up.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:05   Link #1823
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Only JUST got around to watching episode 19. (slowpoke.jpg)

-Takane is awesome
-She's a moon princess
-What she wears to bed is classified
-Takane knows lunar judo which is superior to regular Judo
-761 are BITCHES AND WHORES!

also.

Spoiler for Hibiki doesn't want you to leave:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:22   Link #1824
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Roger Rambo
Please refrain in bashing other agencies...
We have been warned by mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'd like to step in and ask that any description of hostile acts against any fictional character doesn't belong either here or in the social group. Any further descriptive acts will be edited/deleted on sight and the posters issued a warning or infraction depending on many times I've got to edit/delete posts.

Thank you.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 12:15   Link #1825
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

...*sob* This episode was totally worth all the wait. All those hinting they've been doing in the last few episodes really worked well to build the tension up for this episode.

I was relieved that they didnt play "Change!!!" this week, it would have thrown off the mood set up by the first few minutes of the episode. This episode was simple overall and honestly I dont have much to say...or rather I cannot describe the feeling in words. It was just...so...dramatic.(to say the least)

"Yakusoku" is now one of my top favorite songs, not only for the iM@S series but as song itself. But within the iM@S series it really places high up on the list. Not only is it a great song, its existence has meaning, it represents the bond of the 765Pro idols. I had to try really, really hard to keep myself from crying while listening to the song...and I couldnt hold my tears back any longer at the end of the song. (ToT) CHIHAYA~!!!

Up until now my impression of Chihaya has been the serious and uptight girl that only cared for singing and not much else. She only became an idol to work herself up to becoming a world famous singer. But after learning more about Chihaya after watching the anime series and playing the game, I now know that I was wrong to assume that...I'm now a fan of Chihaya. She's just the type of girl that you want to be by her side to support her in her time of need.

*goes back to listening to "Yakusoku" and crying*
Old 2011-11-18, 12:19   Link #1826
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm not gonna lie. This episode made me cry. The part with the letter and everyone helping Chihaya singing was emotional to me and i cried when she was finally sang and saw her past self and her brother.

All and all, a beautiful episode that deserves a 10 out of 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
If I have to be completely honest, I was actually shipping Makoto x Hokuto too prior to episode 17. I was hopeing for that one scene from the game, but oh well Makoto x Producer x Miki works as well.
I also sad they haven't put the Makoto x Hokuto scene in the anime and was more disappointed that the rumor that Touma would visit Chihaya wasn't true.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:15   Link #1827
Miraluka
Banned

Everyone needs to hear this more than one time, I guess.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:43   Link #1828
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I was already broken down when everyone else came on stage singing and it just hit me when Chihaya took over at the end...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 15:38   Link #1829
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Emotional ep, had me on tears at the end. Glad Chihaya was able to overcome with the help of everyone. The new song is so beautiful. Props to Haruka for making it happen. Now i thinks its time for a little payback against 961 Pro. Glad Jupiter is becoming more wary of him.
Old 2011-11-18, 15:41   Link #1830
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Damn it, that scene...Asami Imai's voice is so powerful there that I can feel the same emotions EVERY single time. I suppose I was taking precautions over the judgmental views of today's society without considering that you guys are above that crap, sorry.

Leave it to me to ask a question that kind of changes the excellent mood set this episode, but let's say Haruka and the rest of the idols didn't have to step up and help Chihaya. Would they have went up at stage as part of the plan at some point? There are some serious background vocals and everyone seemed to know what they were doing.

Now if you'll excuse me...Wilfriback's video is making me tear up again.
Old 2011-11-18, 15:57   Link #1831
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Definately a a heart warming smile of happiness as this picture shows.

Spoiler for Chihaya:

Chihaya's easily one of my favorite characters in the anime now. I'm glad her past isn't troubling her and that she can sing again.
Old 2011-11-18, 16:57   Link #1832
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

This episode definitely had an emotional impact on me...
Spoiler for Episode 20:
Old 2011-11-18, 17:09   Link #1833
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I suppose I was taking precautions over the judgmental views of today's society without considering that you guys are above that crap, sorry.

We're impredictable beings, when can be the total opposite one expect us to be.

But maybe... nah, not today .
Old 2011-11-18, 17:22   Link #1834
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Holy motherfucking shit, guys. I found myself rejoicing, whimpering, yelling absurd profanities, almost tearing up, and much, much more throughout the whole episode.

That end man..holy fuck, that end. They nailed it

Spoiler:

Unbelievable.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 17:25   Link #1835
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
A beautiful, beautiful ep. One of the best thus far.

8/10 vote for ep 20 from me.

And yes ... I also "shed a tear or two"....

You know - I like Haruka more and more every time I see her ... she is definitely in the #2 spot for me (after Yayoi of course)....
Old 2011-11-18, 18:06   Link #1836
Echoes

Not much I can add that hasn't already been said. I smiled, I was moved, I shed tears.

I would agree with those who have brought up that this episode spotlighted not just Chihaya, but also Haruka. The two of them made a wonderful pair, and I do mean that in the most platonic sense possible. The show deserves a great deal of credit for handling this episode so well. With a subject like this (the power of love and friendship conquering depression and sadness) there is always the danger of seeming cliche, or just coming off as trying to tug at your heartstrings with cheap ploys. This episode did neither, and the way it culminated in the wonderful scene on stage (again, something that easily could have come off as incredibly mushy and corny) was simply sublime.

As a long-time fan of Asami Imai, I am especially happy to see her wonderful singing voice put to such great use. She was the crown jewel, and when she began to sing with her powerful voice, the heavens trembled. She's a fantastic singer, and I encourage everyone who enjoyed her performance to seek out more of her work. (Personally, I would recommend the work she's done for the Blazblue game, "Shinsou" and "Condemnation Wings ~Cry Camellia.") Neither are similar to her performance this episode, but they are both great example of how powerful and evocative her voice can be.
Old 2011-11-18, 20:00   Link #1837
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Damn it, that scene...Asami Imai's voice is so powerful there that I can feel the same emotions EVERY single time. I suppose I was taking precautions over the judgmental views of today's society without considering that you guys are above that crap, sorry.

Leave it to me to ask a question that kind of changes the excellent mood set this episode, but let's say Haruka and the rest of the idols didn't have to step up and help Chihaya. Would they have went up at stage as part of the plan at some point? There are some serious background vocals and everyone seemed to know what they were doing.

Well, Haruka herself says that she is a "good samaritan" and will always be "good samaritan"...
It is her inniative that she goes onto stage to help her sings... It is one of her good traits...

What really impress me is Chihaya doesnt need to practice or rehearsal to master one songs...

But well thats a trivial one...

Another trivial things to comment...
The crowd reaction when Chihaya is recovering from her mental sickness, and manages to sing one great songs seems too ordinary...
In another concert i was attending, when the singer broked into tears after singing one of her song, we all chanting her name and clapping non stop to show our appreciation...
But well again, that is trivial compared to the greatness of Yakusoku...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 21:05   Link #1838
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Fuck yes, Haruka. She's the ultimate sis.

Let's not forget small Chihaya and Yuu hhnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 22:15   Link #1839
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Chihaya such a bad thing happened to her and Haruka she just so helpful

Such a beautiful song
Old 2011-11-18, 22:23   Link #1840
Divini
Senpai!

I started tearing up as soon as Haruka and the rest came out, and then started crying a little when Chihaya started.

Don't know if anyone else did so too, but I'm a big crybaby when it comes to these things.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s