Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-13, 16:45   Link #6761
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I've said this before

Asuka and Haruto should have gone to a pair swap meeting to bring more excitement into their relationship
or they should be an physical relationship by now..... I remember a part where Haruto wouldn't take a shower with Asuka am I imagining things....

EDIT

Lol, I see both are still virgins according to chapter 117.... that chapter is just lol for asuka x haruto.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 18:59   Link #6762
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
She did it because she thought it was better for Haruto. Because he would be happier with a girl closer to him. That, coupled with a dying friend and you have what we saw.

We've talked about this so many times already, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Spoiler for 127?:
I think one is for Haruto, and the other is for Suzuka. It's similar to Honoka buying the two cell phone straps for her and the idiot from Suzuka, and they broke up shortly afterwards. hmmmmm.......
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 20:39   Link #6763
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawx9 View Post
So Haruto is going to give up a perfectly fine girl, for another one that decided to break up with him over a half-assed letter, which contained nothing to say why she was, as well as not even bothering to reply to his many attempts at contacting her to figure out what happened.

You know I don't even care anymore, just get the two get together so everyone else can move on and find someone better.
Hi!

Welcome to the club, come on in!

We've got jackets.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 22:04   Link #6764
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawx9 View Post
So Haruto is going to give up a perfectly fine girl, for another one that decided to break up with him over a half-assed letter, which contained nothing to say why she was, as well as not even bothering to reply to his many attempts at contacting her to figure out what happened.

You know I don't even care anymore, just get the two get together so everyone else can move on and find someone better.
Hi!

Welcome to the club, come on in!

We've got jackets.
Do they have sparklies on them?

I've never bothered to post anywhere on this forum before in the years I've been reading them but I suppose it's time. I have never in my ~14 year history of anime/manga felt actual physical discomfort from the amount of rage I experienced as I did with this story. I hand it to SEO to have created a story/character(s) that I despise so much that I continue reading merely to revel in them suffering from their own stupidity. This story has seriously become a comedy to me and my enjoyment the last couple of months has risen considerably.

1700 posts or so back someone said it best "never have a hero/heroine deserved each other so much" where it isn't a complement to them. I'm also with Fawx9 in the sentiment that they really should just get together and save the rest of the cast the head/heart aches of dealing with them and move on with their lives. SEO really should just stick to drawing and stay the hell away from writing for the sake of all humanity.

Last edited by Chandalen; 2011-03-13 at 22:06. Reason: derp english
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 22:39   Link #6765
Master Chibi

Yes, they have sparklies on it.

You also get a keychain!

Old 2011-03-14, 00:51   Link #6766
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandalen View Post
SEO really should just stick to drawing and stay the hell away from writing for the sake of all humanity.
Thank you!
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 01:27   Link #6767
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
SEO really should just stick to drawing and stay the hell away from writing for the sake of all humanity.
You have to give him SOME credit... Back before Haruto realized he loved Eba and before Eba learned how to ride a bike, i absolutely love those chapters!!! Those chapters is what keeps me going at reading this manga to this day...

But yes, this manga has fallen very hard from those days and now its impossible to bring that feeling back...

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 01:56   Link #6768
cyberdemon

Quote:
well to his credit Suzuka was actually really good and pretty realistic. hopefully his next work will go back to the sports themes.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 04:50   Link #6769
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well to his credit Suzuka was actually really good and pretty realistic. hopefully his next work will go back to the sports themes.
I dont think it was all that good. Really annoying heroine though the hero was bit less bad than in here although frustratingly dense and narrowminded.

I really dont think he should do the writing. Most of his stories have good art but the story though at first looks good becomes a crap as it goes on.

He should just ask someone to write the story for him really. Much like Kawashima he is just not suited to be a plot writer.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 07:41   Link #6770
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Considering Cross Game, he definitely is not good at writing sports manga. I question the accuracy of Suzuka as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 10:19   Link #6771
Sakuyakun

Quote:
...You really want me to post all the unrealistic stuff in suzuka?
I think you should reread Suzuka. No wait that would be harmful
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 15:35   Link #6772
oDin01

The problem I see with Suzuka and now Kimi no Iru Machi is that they go on too long and the mangaka simply runs out of ideas case in point the Suzuka ending. It's not like both manga started out brilliantly but they still were average shounen romance comedies. Now the manga is depending on cliche's and cliff hangers to keep the fans craving for more.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 17:40   Link #6773
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01 View Post
The problem I see with Suzuka and now Kimi no Iru Machi is that they go on too long and the mangaka simply runs out of ideas case in point the Suzuka ending. It's not like both manga started out brilliantly but they still were average shounen romance comedies. Now the manga is depending on cliche's and cliff hangers to keep the fans craving for more.
I haven't read Suzuka but I do agree with you definitely on your point there with KNIM. the best mangas of this genre do much better in my opinion when they are short.

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 18:14   Link #6774
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
I haven't read Suzuka but I do agree with you definitely on your point there with KNIM. the best mangas of this genre do much better in my opinion when they are short.
It really depends on the style of writing, I find GE better that the drama are somewhat realistic and there is no sudden bad plot twist development. Of course my preference are different to other people. Some people want to see a well written drama where its always hype at every chapter. For me I'm just content with the things I enjoy go on forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'oDin01"
Now the manga is depending on cliche's and cliff hangers to keep the fans craving for more.
Both of these are not a terrible per say as a means of entertainment. With cliche you can actually use it as a gauge to see how good one's writing is by comparing. Something like Kore wa zombie desuka is able to use cliche and turn it into something more interesting. I just feel that Seo is a troll than anything else lol.
Old 2011-03-14, 18:33   Link #6775
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
...You really want me to post all the unrealistic stuff in suzuka?
I think you should reread Suzuka. No wait that would be harmful
Do it.

I seriously hated Suzuka's ending.

Old 2011-03-14, 20:35   Link #6776
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
It really depends on the style of writing, I find GE better that the drama are somewhat realistic and there is no sudden bad plot twist development. Of course my preference are different to other people. Some people want to see a well written drama where its always hype at every chapter. For me I'm just content with the things I enjoy go on forever.
I do like GE better as well, but there are just as many 180° turns there. Chapter 13, for one, was just as rage inducing as anything in KNIM, except it didn't involve the main girl. The author keeps stepping on landmines, she just hasn't done anything that would cause us to hate the main couple. Not yet anyway.
Old 2011-03-14, 21:04   Link #6777
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I do like GE better as well, but there are just as many 180° turns there. Chapter 13, for one, was just as rage inducing as anything in KNIM, except it didn't involve the main girl. The author keeps stepping on landmines, she just hasn't done anything that would cause us to hate the main couple. Not yet anyway.
Well I don't like to get into argument unless it's unavoidable but for the most part in GE I found the characters stayed true to their character. I wonder who are you referring to in GE that went 180....

Spoiler for GE chapter 13:

back on topic...

delicious spoilers ^^, I can't wait to see how it unfolds in chapter 127

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-03-14 at 21:14.
Old 2011-03-14, 22:17   Link #6778
Shadow5YA

People getting upset over drama makes sense. However, at least the characters in GE are mostly consistent with their character. Yuzuki, Haruto, and Asuka... what happened?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 19:36   Link #6779
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I didn't know Asuka had a character.
Old 2011-03-15, 23:22   Link #6780
Master Chibi

She's a cardboard cutout with a speaker attached to it.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life