Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-13, 19:16   Link #1
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

PeaceMaker Kurogane 6.

I just watched it?? what did people think.. It was basically episode five re-done in a different way!!!!!!!!!!!!! the episode ends with the bigwigs deciding that Tetsu-kun will get uniform/ and armor.. wooo same as ep5........ arg, my patience is wearing thin for this anime...
Old 2003-11-13, 19:28   Link #2
Merco
I like pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhayalak
I just watched it?? what did people think.. It was basically episode five re-done in a different way!!!!!!!!!!!!! the episode ends with the bigwigs deciding that Tetsu-kun will get uniform/ and armor.. wooo same as ep5........ arg, my patience is wearing thin for this anime...

I am the most patient person on this planet! and... well... I'm still watching it.

What, you expected me not to? The animation quality (with the exception of one episode, which was average) is EXTREMELY good. The storyline is starting off slow, but that's only because the best storylines start off slow... then pick up with newcoming developments... such as maybe a revolution?

I can deal with the chibi Tetsu (I've seen enough of em in other shows which are serious, this doesn't turn me off), the fact that Hiji spilled all that blood on the ambush in the first episode shows that this anime is going to be insane later on. The fact that Tetsu is becoming more serious about his job shows that he's not necessarily going to be some stupid kid who gets in the way of everything. Hell even Okita shows that despite how bishounen he is, he's got the potential to be quite insane during a fight.

I am definitely going to watch this... people get turned off by the intro, and because of that they misinterpret the anime.
Old 2003-11-13, 19:52   Link #3
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
I am the most patient person on this planet! and... well... I'm still watching it.

What, you expected me not to? The animation quality (with the exception of one episode, which was average) is EXTREMELY good. The storyline is starting off slow, but that's only because the best storylines start off slow... then pick up with newcoming developments... such as maybe a revolution?

I can deal with the chibi Tetsu (I've seen enough of em in other shows which are serious, this doesn't turn me off), the fact that Hiji spilled all that blood on the ambush in the first episode shows that this anime is going to be insane later on. The fact that Tetsu is becoming more serious about his job shows that he's not necessarily going to be some stupid kid who gets in the way of everything. Hell even Okita shows that despite how bishounen he is, he's got the potential to be quite insane during a fight.

I am definitely going to watch this... people get turned off by the intro, and because of that they misinterpret the anime.

Wrong 05 he was pondering about doing it in the end.
In 06 He decided to do it.

^_^

Take Care
Sakaki-

Last edited by Sakaki-; 2003-11-13 at 19:52. Reason: cause i typod more then ussual
Old 2003-11-13, 20:03   Link #4
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Hmm..well.. I'm watching it still.. but..

In this episode Tetsu-kun pretty much promises to the girl (I cant recall her name right now), that he will grow stronger in his own way. In other words, this is pretty much going to be another Kenshin series. Tetsu wont kill anyone (except maybe at the very end to kill the guy that killed his family), and the series will never take a heavy non-comedic tone. Not that Kenshin was bad, I just didn't want to see this series follow the same not-very-serious path.
Old 2003-11-13, 20:34   Link #5
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
yeah i will agree that the series is not a serious as i would like it to be, but i do like the show however. oh well guess i will have to wait for that now tananabe anime. btw her name was saya just fyi
Old 2003-11-13, 20:36   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Only new anime with such high quality drawing has such a crappy story..The animators will know soon enough when the Japanese TV rating will show that PMK did a little bit better than Emergency Brodacast Standby...
Old 2003-11-13, 20:51   Link #7
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhayalak
my patience is wearing thin for this anime...
Ah, same here. It doesn't look like the series is getting anywhere. Even Okita's lines don't seem terribly important anymore. I wish they'd pick the pace up.

Saito... I can't get used to Peacemaker-Saito, not after watching the one in Rurouni Kenshin. Peacemaker-Saito seems very... out of it. Talking about dead spirits and all that.
Old 2003-11-13, 21:13   Link #8
Go-lytely

Well it looks like this show is going the way of samurai deeper kyo, which means it will turn into crap.
Old 2003-11-13, 21:17   Link #9
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
i have only seen a few eps of samurai deeper kyo and liked it, but the show turns to crap huh? how come?
Old 2003-11-13, 22:15   Link #10
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
i have only seen a few eps of samurai deeper kyo and liked it, but the show turns to crap huh? how come?
Agree with all of you. The story doesn't seem to proceed at all. It looks like the Shinsen-gumi is having a good life instead of a lot of problems if compared to Rorouni Kenshin. And yeah, Saitou here is the worst character. He is just a supertitious freak.
Fully disappointed with this show, since I was hoping it gonna be better than Kenshin at the beginning.
Old 2003-11-13, 22:52   Link #11
Merco
I like pie

Alright, here's the part where I make a friendly wager...

Right now. I'm willing to go to the highest point (below guaranteeing) that within ten episodes Peace Maker Kurogane will become a LOT more interesting then it is now.

IMO this anime is suffering from the Naruto complex. That is they are devoting this episode to characterizing all the people. Giving them a personality so that when something important occurs, you can relate to their disposition. They labeled Saitoh the mystic (yeah, I know it's a stretch from RK), they labeled Okita as the 'demon' who smiles and um *acts girly*. Hiji is the cold-blooded killer, and so on.

What happened during episode 5-6 of Rurouni Kenshin? Whatever happened, I'd be willing to bet it didn't have Shishio in it.
Old 2003-11-13, 23:08   Link #12
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

peacemaker is just kenshin reloaded. it's about a kid who wants to be strong without killing anyone, sort of like kenshin from a different perspective. It's going to be comedic with serious elements in between just like.. you guessed it.. kenshin
Old 2003-11-13, 23:25   Link #13
Merco
I like pie

You can't make that assumption yet though...

For all you know Tetsu might just say 'F*ck it' and start killing everything that moves, thus pissing off his new girlfriend and fighting his former team members to the death...

Ok, that was quite unrealistic... but still, in Kenshin the Shinsengumi were characterised as the bad guys. Anybody in the Edo period who worked for the government were also considered brigands who preyed on the villages.

They seemed to characterize the Choshu as killers with good intentions in the ova. I wonder how the Shinsengumi would depict the Choshu in this one.

Hell, you haven't even seen what Peacemaker refers to exactly yet either.

Last edited by Merco; 2003-11-13 at 23:42.
Old 2003-11-14, 01:16   Link #14
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
Hell, you haven't even seen what Peacemaker refers to exactly yet either.
Wasn't it mentioned in episode 1 or 2 that Tetsu's dad told Tetsu to be a "peace maker"? Is there more to it in the manga?
Old 2003-11-14, 01:43   Link #15
Merco
I like pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
Wasn't it mentioned in episode 1 or 2 that Tetsu's dad told Tetsu to be a "peace maker"? Is there more to it in the manga?

I honestly have to say that I haven't read the manga. But as far as titles go, most of em which are not directly linked to the main character has a deeper meaning in the series (with some exceptions).

(i.e. Hellsing, Cowboy bebop, Trigun (maybe), fullmetal alchemist, etc)

(that's my opinion though, so feel free to rebut)
Old 2003-11-14, 02:09   Link #16
Shift_

I have a feeling this anime will take a little longer to progress to a real story ala kiddy grade (which took like 8-10 eps to introduce characters...but it turned out REALLY good). So far I enjoy the laid back approach this series has.

They are introducing the characters, I'm sure it'll pick up. This seres has lots of potential.
Old 2003-11-14, 03:00   Link #17
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Well i enjoy this anime alot.
Its calm not to rushed, Honestly i feel that it can be very nice.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Old 2003-11-14, 03:24   Link #18
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I like this show and all but it needs to pick up the pace quicktime.... I need to see some serious bloodshed or fighting....
Old 2003-11-14, 04:04   Link #19
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

It's not a kids show so there schould be some action though :P

Its airs in the night hehe :>
Old 2003-11-14, 08:12   Link #20
JaeRoler

I agree with Sakaki, I'm currently enjoying this anime, especially the pace.

For starting episodes, this pace is nice, letting us get to know more of the characters, instead of rushing to action first then slowing the pace mid-series to bring in character development.
Closed Thread