AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-05, 20:47   Link #1061
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@wisteria233

Victim of what? I only say I am a victim of neg-rep system, which I am lol
I'm not going to go into the subject any further just don't do it again its rude, and can be considered a personal attack.

Well your comment kinda deserved it.
Old 2009-01-05, 20:51   Link #1062
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Perhaps you want to pm me instead? it's getting off topic, and I don't wanna answer anymore off-topic stuff in this thread
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is hilarious. Very fucking hilarious. You don't want us to go off-topic, then don't start. You have so far been the cause of this thread derailing from its original intention. You want to stay on topic? How about start analyzing the discussions and reply to them. I cannot be more clearer than this, if you still don't get it, God help you, because others won't.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-01-05, 20:57   Link #1063
justavisitor

I already replied Ranka caring others and assumed responsibility..and I stated that I only talked about this issue...do you wanna reply on this, so we can get a fresh start XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-01-05, 21:12   Link #1064
Tak

Quote:
I already replied Ranka caring others and assumed responsibility..and I stated that I only talked about this issue...do you wanna reply on this, so we can get a fresh start XD
Kujoe already did, perhaps you should first reply to his comments. While I do thank you for putting my humble self as your primary emphasis on this discussion, please be reminded that there are many, many other people here discussing on this thread.

Yet, before you can do so, you threw:

Quote:
lol you guys started it...well actually for year 2009, how about use another thread to discuss? like Sheryl thread XD? or Sheryl fanclub
Followed by:

Quote:
That's why I said move the discussion to Sheryl thread or Sheryl fansclub, at least then non-Ranka fans can jump at comments more easily because it's "closer" to their homebase XD
So basically you derailed this topic while accusing us for a non-existent behavior. Good job.

- Tak (And I need not reply because Kujoe already said what I am going to say, I shall now humbly wait for what you can come up with next)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-01-05, 21:35   Link #1065
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
I have no intention to ask others get out of here, I simply feel weird when ppl jumped at one's comment immediately...
They simply want to talk and give their own opinion about it, no need to feel weird.
Trust me, I've seen/experienced more intense "jumping" on other topics on this board.

To get back on topic a little, going to restate my stand regarding Sheryl vs. Ranka.

Sheryl - she has better character development and I liked her a lot more than Ranka on the latter half of the series.
Starting the episode that Yasaburo found her in the rain to be exact.

Ranka - she's cuter (I like cute characters >_<), and she got my attention more on the first half of the series.
And she was my favourite up to the time she sang for the Zentran on Galia 4. At the episodes after that her character development seems to have been nerfed a lot.

These debates are getting old, I wish the movie/OVA would be released soon.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-01-05 at 21:57.
Old 2009-01-05, 21:42   Link #1066
justavisitor

well kujoe then said Ranka of course cares about friends (even tho missing that act in some situation) then he said don't argue with two different things (with reasons for singing), which i was not, and after a little exchange, we settled it...

Then you used that dictator example, which I then used WW2 USA example, and then the discussion ended there...

Now we should sort everything out...

P.S
Then BetoJR said it was all over again, then you followed with adding EVA reference..I don't know whether it was because I saw that Ranka in EVA background pic (in the beach? is it posted by you??) I don't like it lol, that pic simply gives me creeps XD, then I followed by taking the discussion in Sheryl fansclub instead..it was supposed to be a tongue in cheek, but like you suggested, ppl missed my wink as I missed your wink on that neg-rep comment...it was still going on fine until someone said I discredited ppl...I asked him how I discredited ppl...I was waiting for his reply and then you jumped at it...then the hell finally broke loose

that was the best i can summerize...so my discussion ended with using WWII USA examle
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-01-05, 21:53   Link #1067
Tak

Quote:
P.S
it was supposed to be a tongue in cheek, but like you suggested, ppl missed my wink as I missed your wink on that neg-rep comment...it was still going on fine until someone said I discredited ppl...I asked him how I discredited ppl...I was waiting for his reply and then you jumped at it...then the hell finally broke loose
There is a crucial difference. I had a to the end of that post. You on the other hand, dragged it on, only to claim it was supposed to be funny even if it had absolutely nothing in relations to anything we've been discussing. Never mind the fact that Sheryl was not even the emphasis in any of our discussions. So your attempt at pulling a tongue-in-cheek failed in more aspects than one. Regardless, whatever your intentions were, people didn't take it as you wished, and from the looks of it, they will never do so now.

As for the reply to yours, the comparison using dictators was not to compare who made more damage, or whose case was more extreme. The point was that, regardless of the outcome, regardless of heeding responsibilities, the damage was already committed, and time was simply irreversible.

I am not convinced that Ranka really cared for her friends and family as opposed to only using them as a source of comfort (ie. they are only valuable when they say yes to her). If she really did care for them, she would have sang for them during the funeral. To her, she thought everyone else was using her as a tool, even her family, friends and especially Alto. By choosing to enclose herself in that thought, she immediately dismissed all the love, care and encouragement her friends provided and chose Berera's opinions, whom she met only days ago. Had she forgotten that she was cared and loved even prior to her becoming a star?

Then she bolted on episode 22. Regardless of her supposed lofty goals, she had chosen the absolute worse methods of handling it. Wishing Alto to go with her after one of his friends was killed, after the entire colony was just ravaged by the Vajra, and at a time when the moral of the entire colony was at its lowest. One can only wonder how she came up with her decision, at that point in time, because it appeared to me that she had lost all proper sense of logic. In fact, I thought she was stupid. Then she decided to take on an entire enemy world with... two people and a plane. Does that not look fishy? Its not a surprise when Kawamori himself stated that Ranka should "comprehend her surroundings". That statement was not out of the blue. Despite her noble intentions (as some R-Fans would like to believe, which some of us are utterly unconvinced), I don't see how anyone can excuse her from her irrationality and stupidity.

Allow me to also remind you that after episode 21, she no longer confronted or even mentioned any of her friends, except Sheryl, then again, she treated Sheryl more as a rival.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-01-05 at 22:16.
Old 2009-01-05, 22:14   Link #1068
justavisitor

lol i never thought I have to do this...but where is the wink in the following pic? Are we talking about the same quote?

Edit:
Then Ranka cured Sheryl in ep 25...I think Ranka treats Sheryl as a friend

if going out the outer space means not caring the friends and families then the whole squard in macross quarter don't care about their friends and family also? Hey there must be ppl who is on MQ that his/her friend got killed/hurt and those families still stayed in MF...but then the whole MQ escaped and left the MF defenseless..so taking your standard then the whole MQ crews are heartless.

I think the truth is that MQ and Ranka want to see the truth behind all of this...and crews in MQ and Ranka all want to save their friends/loved one by going outer space.

As for the singing in the funeral, I have said that she could handle it better

Last edited by justavisitor; 2009-01-05 at 22:30.
Old 2009-01-05, 22:22   Link #1069
Tak

Quote:
lol i never thought I have to do this...but where is the wink in the following pic? Are we talking about the same quote?
*slaps forehead*

Oh dear... to even think you'd go through such lengths to photo that. *chuckle* I am speechless. Just let it out justavisitor, if you have hots for me, just say it. I see a clear obsession developing, and I think its better out than in.

But to quickly answer your question. No.

- Tak

Old 2009-01-05, 22:23   Link #1070
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Then she decided to take on an entire enemy world with... two people and a plane. Does that not look fishy? Its not a surprise when Kawamori himself stated that Ranka should "comprehend her surroundings". That statement was not out of the blue. Despite her noble intentions (as some R-Fans would like to believe, which some of us are utterly unconvinced), I don't see how anyone can excuse her from her irrationality and stupidity.

- Tak
You're forgetting Ranka's Vajra pet. Though it only makes it worse.

What irked me in the series was despite all of Ranka's stupidity and selfishness that brought a lot of crap to everyone, she was left unpunished for it. Curing Sheryl isn't really enough to forgive her for the stupidity. (On another note, I always wondered how Ranka knew about Sheryl's disease...and why the hell she didn't cure her right away instead of slapping her. )
Old 2009-01-05, 22:27   Link #1071
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
*chuckle* I am speechless. Just let it out justavisitor, if you have hots for me, just say it.
- Tak

What about my Takkyxlone_wolf and TakkyxMei OTP? It's practically canon! Don't flirt Tak!!!

*runs away with her fangirlings*

Old 2009-01-05, 22:36   Link #1072
justavisitor

I don't wanna use photo lol, but you keep using that non-exist wink to falsely accuse me..well I have to collect evidence do I???

Now we make it clear and that's good (I hope)
Old 2009-01-05, 22:38   Link #1073
Tak

Quote:
I don't wanna use photo lol, but you keep using that non-exist wink to falsely accuse me..well I have to collect evidence do I???
Accuse you? My dear, you took a photo of the wrong quote!

- Tak (and here you go again, derailing this discussion off topic)

Old 2009-01-05, 22:40   Link #1074
justavisitor

Sry, I always meant this quote, from the very beginning...(that's why I used the photo to settle this once and for all)

Edit:
I am not derailing...you kept saying the wink, which I simply cannot find from THAT quote and I always meant that quote..I really think it's better to make it clear...
Old 2009-01-05, 22:43   Link #1075
Tak

Quote:
Sry, I always meant this quote, from the very beginning...(that's why I used the photo to settle this once and for all)
So? If my sarcasm did not begin with that quote, whats the point of taking a photo of it, duh!

- Tak

Old 2009-01-05, 22:47   Link #1076
justavisitor

I thought you meant that quote was a sarcasm that didn't go well...now I don't have any reason to doubt you, do I? I simply let it go..and then you said the wink...I finally decided to photo it..and it turns out that we are saying different quotes, which is fine, and I am glad that it is settled
Old 2009-01-05, 22:51   Link #1077
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post

What about my Takkyxlone_wolf and TakkyxMei OTP? It's practically canon! Don't flirt Tak!!!
Wha, wha, wha, wha... WHAT!? Shit, and I just found this place, I don't wanna move so soon! I've only been here for months!

Look what you done... I am so dead.

- Tak (I have nothing to do with this)

Old 2009-01-05, 23:02   Link #1078
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Wha, wha, wha, wha... WHAT!? Shit, and I just found this place, I don't wanna move so soon! I've only been here for months!

Look what you done... I am so fucked. I have nothing to do with this

- Tak (I am dead)
Just submit to l_w already, you know that you luff her! And yes, this is Nat's revenge for your horrors, as my fangirling frustration gauge has already reached its maximum I BLAME OTOME GAMES.

And to really clear the misunderstanding that have caused derailing in this thread, Tak means this quote : http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2838 not the one you just photoed on the above, justavisitor. Misunderstandings do wonders...

Old 2009-01-05, 23:08   Link #1079
Father Hentai

Here we go again... (Slapping ladies is bad if its only done by person X to Z and not W to Y.)

edit: darn. was a reply to raile but I doze off at episode 2 :/ It's 5 a.m. ... -_-
Old 2009-01-05, 23:40   Link #1080
justavisitor

@Natsuki Hyuga

but then I followed up with http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2839
and this
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2840

I explicitly quoted his quote and then he said that sarcasm things...well glad it's a misunderstanding and I rest my case

P.S thanks for showing me how to display a single thread, now i don't need to photo it XD
Edit:hmm....i think i finally start to realize how big the misunderstanding has caused...all I can say is...hmm..

Last edited by justavisitor; 2009-01-06 at 00:05.
Closed Thread