AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-30, 16:27   Link #2081
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

There's a lot of people saying that the mask is about Snatcher. THAT is interesting! Snatcher is my favorite game of all time. But i don't want a reboot or something like that, i want a sequel, damn it.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 19:24   Link #2082
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post

Tekken Force is back & Motion Blur looks great.

Talks are going around with Tekken Force being Online co-op, I sure hope it does.
The wait has been forever, but this footage just has me more hyped for this game. All the additional features look great and I love the fact that the customizing character aspect has greatly expanded from the looks of it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 20:23   Link #2083
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

need gt5, trico, ffxiii this year
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 19:32   Link #2084
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Damn I always planned on getting teken 6 looks beautiful
Old 2009-06-01, 16:12   Link #2085
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
need gt5, trico, ffxiii this year
You won't get any of them this year. Maybe GT5.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 13:14   Link #2086
King Lycan
*IT Support

I'm Currently Downloading Final Fantasy VII
Old 2009-06-03, 13:19   Link #2087
kyosak
poo

New Tekken and FF... I really need to cave in and buy a PS3 >.>
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:42   Link #2088
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ok just found this on PSN Store other day but wtf how come I've not heard anything of this before?!!!

Old 2009-06-04, 13:41   Link #2089
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/

Another Kojima project?
Castlevania: lords of shadow. Confirmed for the PS3 and Xbox360. Developed by Kojima and MercurySteam. It's 3d and it doesn't look bad btw. o.o
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 22:14   Link #2090
King Lycan
*IT Support

ahh another Castlevania game .
Old 2009-06-19, 09:47   Link #2091
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Kotaku just gave away 300 uncharted 2 beta codes.

Link for beta codes things here . Get them while people are still looking for them

scroll down
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 09:57   Link #2092
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

According to this interview, Activision is apparently considering to drop the PS3 altogether as a platform unless Sony performs an other price-cut and gets the sales rapidly increasing: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6531367.ece

an extract from an other forum
Quote:
In a similar vein to the post earlier regarding Splinter Cell: Conviction being an Xbox 360 console exclusive, Activision chief, Bobby Kotick, told The Times that they may just stop supporting Sony altogether.

"I'm getting concerned about Sony; the PlayStation 3 is losing a bit of momentum and they don't make it easy for me to support the platform. It's expensive to develop for the console, and the Wii and the Xbox are just selling better. Games generate a better return on invested capital on the Xbox than on the PlayStation."

Ouch ... but wait, it gets worse for Sony.

"They have to cut the price, because if they don't, the attach rates are likely to slow. If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony." When asked when Kotick replied, "when we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console — and the PSP [portable] too."

Double ouch. Stern words from the Activision chief there, but goes a long way to answering the questions I posed this morning.

I suppose if they do stop supporting Sony ... PS3 owners will only miss out on a plethora of music cash ins and licensed crap. Yes, I just went there. I suppose they will miss out on the Infinity Ward Modern Warfare titles as well though, which is a sad day for PS3 owners if that ever happens ... although I can't see it happening, especially with a price cut on the console rumoured for the fall. Still, can't say I've ever seen those sort of threats thrown around before to one of the console creators.
Honestly said I don't think the situation is THAT bad regarding sales, specially when we consider the titles that are going to come out (Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Last Guardian, FF13, etc.), but this certainly doesn't sound like a good thing either. I guess publishers like Activision are growing tired to be told "wait for next year", which has been quite the motive so far.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 10:38   Link #2093
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

In the U.S. PS3 sales are dropping year after year which is not a good sign for the continued growth of the system, especially when the Xbox 360 had a solid year-over-year growth from 2008 to 2009.

The trend line of PS3 sales is flattening, with unit sales decline this year and while Microsoft and Nintendo have held up; things are not looking to good.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 10:49   Link #2094
ZeroForever

pretty empty threat, considering the profit vs cost ratio.

In short if it's been developed to be able to run on the 360 the actual cost of porting it over to the PS3 is minimal compared to the profit that they would gain (this should hold true unless the game sells like crap).

that and PS3 sales compared to the other systems are generally up everywhere other then the US.

If they actually followed through i would be surprised, but in the end i wouldn't really care.
Old 2009-06-19, 10:55   Link #2095
ShinGundam

That's quite big statement to Sony but Sony made $500 million in Royalties !
God knows how much sales activations made from Sony Platforms ? So they just asking for
more sales
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 18:41   Link #2096
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quite honestly, I surely am not surpriesed at some companies dropping support for the PS3. It's still the most expensive console in the market, and it offers less to the non-Japan audience in terms of games than either the Wii or the 360.

Not that I care much about Activision; I could care less if they drop PS3 support partly because I also own a 360, but mainly because they really don't make my kind of games (aka RPGs). It's just of course this does not bode well at all for Sony, but then again, I really bought my PS3 as a BD player/big memstick for PS2 games rather than for the PS3 games, so...
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 22:29   Link #2097
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

From the wordings of Kotick, it certainly seem that the Activision isn't exactly making a loss from Sony. But rather Kotick expect a higher return from his investments on the platform via a lower pricing on the hardware for a larger install base. There's nothing but losses for Activision in the long run if Kotick were to pull support for SCE. (PS3 is starting to pick up pacing from what we have seen in E3 '09) So all in all, it's just Kotick making a huge fuss, nothing more.

Anyway, the only good thing from Activision is just the CoDs and Guitar Heroes. Even with those, the good stuffs comes few and far. (CoDs for about a timespan of 2 years or so with Infinity Ward. GH only with some innovation and not just songs.) Not a big deal to me if they do pull out.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 04:17   Link #2098
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I don't really care in the end since I have both and I bought the ps3 for it's solid exclusive line-up(when I bought it mostly MGS4 D: ). I did not buy it for its blu-ray! Honestly if you have diverse taste the PS3 runs good even without 3rd party support

That said, I think Activision is just bluffing, to make Sony more aware of the situation.

On another note I don't get why GoW3 is getting so much hype? From the casual gamer I can understand. But GoW was always for pussies while the cool kids played DMC(ps2 users) and Ninja Gaiden(xbox users). Bayonetta is way more interesting. The only reason I liked Ninja Gaiden over DMC was that DMC had such gay main characters. Bayonetta actually features a main character that I like(if I can turn on a japanese vocal track). Bayonetta has a varied combo list unlike GoW(though GoW3 might do something new) which is just the same shit over and over again till you get to another quick time event...
Old 2009-06-20, 04:31   Link #2099
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post

On another note I don't get why GoW3 is getting so much hype? From the casual gamer I can understand. But GoW was always for pussies while the cool kids played DMC(ps2 users) and Ninja Gaiden(xbox users). Bayonetta is way more interesting. The only reason I liked Ninja Gaiden over DMC was that DMC had such gay main characters. Bayonetta actually features a main character that I like(if I can turn on a japanese vocal track). Bayonetta has a varied combo list unlike GoW(though GoW3 might do something new) which is just the same shit over and over again till you get to another quick time event...
I think your on your own their with your opinion, every one seems to like Kratos and the amount of variety GoW gives in terms of levels and enemies.
IMO Bayonetta doesn't really make any sense, its like someone crack their heads open and used everything they could think of.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 04:35   Link #2100
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
I think your on your own their with your opinion, every one seems to like Kratos and the amount of variety GoW gives in terms of levels and enemies.
IMO Bayonetta doesn't really make any sense, its like someone crack their heads open and used everything they could think of.
Yeah I always tend to forget that, not everyone plays for the challenge or the story(talking about why I don't understand why people liked FF12).

Bayonetta doesn't have to make sense, it only has to feature a solid combat system. The levels seem pretty varied this time around, and you can properly fight big bosses without quick-time events! Still GoW always screamed average in my mind. It's PS3's Halo imo.

Tags
console, ps3, sony