2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.53%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-13, 15:27   Link #81
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Pitures ARE worth 1000 words so this poste must be worth 1011 words -.-

I don't see how that's worth 1011. There are 9 words as well as the picture.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
well I dont mean differant words so there
Forgot to add that it adds up to 1009, not 1011. :P I'm a moron.

Last edited by Tabris; 2006-06-01 at 07:33.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 15:31   Link #82
molitar

I hope they go more into Gilgamesh it seems so totally unfair that he has for one of his phantasms every hero's weapon! Man talk about given a license to cheat! Man I thought it was crazy for Hercules to have 12 lives but to give a servant every weapon that exists! Who is actually in charge of the servants? A total sick twisted deity??? Let's pit them against each other than give this particular servant every weapon know! Not only that let's give him a couple more noble phantasms.

Secondly I hate how they brough Gil in to finish off the fight. We were even while she was gloating over them giving them us an intraspect of WHY she was doing this. Caster liked to gloat and explain things.. Than just pop in with another servant that is like 3 servants in one and blast them away like it was nothing. Very disappointing I was looking forward to some excellent fighting between Saber and Emiya vs Kuzuki and Caster.

Gil seems like a total JERK to me! Not a hero in the least! He's a big spoiled child is all I saw in him! Stand there and do mostly nothing just shoot all them weapons out of his gate as you all call it! Man I can't see why so many like him? He's a big SPOILED CHILD! That just wants his way.

I graciously gave this one a 7 with all the disappointments and a spoiled child wanabe that has way too much power at his disposal. It's like giving a child a bazooka for a toy.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 15:35   Link #83
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
I hope they go more into Gilgamesh it seems so totally unfair that he has for one of his phantasms every hero's weapon! Man talk about given a license to cheat! Man I thought it was crazy for Hercules to have 12 lives but to give a servant every weapon that exists! Who is actually in charge of the servants? A total sick twisted deity??? Let's pit them against each other than give this particular servant every weapon know! Not only that let's give him a couple more noble phantasms.

Secondly I hate how they brough Gil in to finish off the fight. We were even while she was gloating over them giving them us an intraspect of WHY she was doing this. Caster liked to gloat and explain things.. Than just pop in with another servant that is like 3 servants in one and blast them away like it was nothing. Very disappointing I was looking forward to some excellent fighting between Saber and Emiya vs Kuzuki and Caster.

Gil seems like a total JERK to me! Not a hero in the least! He's a big spoiled child is all I saw in him! Stand there and do mostly nothing just shoot all them weapons out of his gate as you all call it! Man I can't see why so many like him? He's a big SPOILED CHILD! That just wants his way.

I graciously gave this one a 7 with all the disappointments and a spoiled child wanabe that has way too much power at his disposal. It's like giving a child a bazooka for a toy.
Gil in the myth is a Spoil Child. So nothing really has change.
Old 2006-05-13, 15:42   Link #84
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Wee!!! No idiotic fanservice!! Animation got a little better at some points! The information was adequate. I'll forgive crappy animation at some points and NO ILLYA (yes I'll forgive that, too for this one episode) and give it a 10. At least it's again in the spirit of the F/SN I knew before ep 15.

Although, judging from how the animation hasn't gone back to where it was, I hope they can pull 5 more episodes without the animation turning to total crap.

Oh well, Gil was interesting, but if he keeps that up, he'll probably get on my nerves eventually
Old 2006-05-13, 16:04   Link #85
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

well the animation and the character art had some wierd places in the previous eps too so its all good ofcourse its a tiny bit annoying to see the whole Saber winding up and swinging her sword down animation turning into stock footage like the Shinn stab or freedom spam.... though not as bad mind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
I don't see how that's worth 1011. There are 9 words as well as the picture.
well I dont mean differant words so there
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 16:26   Link #86
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Gave the ep a 6...WTF...okay, so you have this whole big fight going on, then king pika just decides to show up and WTFPWN Caster and Kuzuki...and bleh, Shirou better get his act together and tell Saber he loves her so she stays with him and forgets about the whole stupid king arthur thing...about Caster...pfft...she was a villainess the whole time and little more than a cameo villain. Hardly any background then just gets owned like a bitch.

I am still waiting on Sakura to get Rider back just so we can have a 2 girls v. 1 gil action going...

And speaking once again of king pika...he threw a SHINAI out of the gate. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So Taiga has a noble phantasm :O.

Saber better stay at the end of this anime. She needs to realize that there are people that truly care for her, and she'd be far happier forgetting about any mistakes and just staying around as a regular girl.
Old 2006-05-13, 16:33   Link #87
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar

Gil is playing the little bad-ass rascle role in this anime...It's easy to fall for guys like him~~
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 16:42   Link #88
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
*claps at Mentar for his last few posts*

Cookie for you.
Old 2006-05-13, 17:04   Link #89
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hardly any background? I suggest you read Jason and Argonauts to have a glimpse of Medea. Caster have reason to be what she being in Fate storyline and I don't see why you can call it lack of background. I guess the flashback s is not enough?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medea

This is excellent entry on Medea.

Gilgamesh is spoilt child, if you read the myth. He is 2/3 divine so his powers is almost godlike. You can't blame him for behaving like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh

It also discusses possible real person behind the myth.

Saber destiny is important and there is a reason why she is a hero. Destiny is merciless on human feelings. Bear that in mind.
Old 2006-05-13, 17:14   Link #90
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I gave this episode an 8. The re-using animation with Saber is getting to be as old as Shinn and Kira from Seed Destiny. I wasn't really impressed with her second fight with Assassin in either of these last two episodes. Shirou was far more impressive IMO.

The touching end for Caster and Kazuki, Gil's entrance, and Shirou holding his own against Kazuki, are what gave this episode an 8. Everything else just didn't work for me.
Old 2006-05-13, 17:24   Link #91
rpgman1

Gil reminds me too much of Knives from Trigun. An arrogant, cocky, and selfish person who only wants what is his including Saber. The episode explains some things nicely like Caster and Kazuki (although too brief). Hope the next one explains many things (I smell a flashback episode).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 17:37   Link #92
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

I do agree with iamandragon. Gil is the total badass, arrogant, spoiled brat, mr.PWNAGE of the anime. And the way he claims Saber as his possession (like he did with everything in the myth actually) made my day ^^.

Hail to our Golden Clad Friend!
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 17:52   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This was one hell of an episode - we got the pefect send of for Caster & Souichirou, just a shame to see Caster go out in so much pain when she first got hit.. but just seeing that loving smile to Souichirou brought even more tears to my eyes. ^^

I was never afraid of how Gil' was going to be animated, 'cause imo you really can't go wrong with such a badarse like himself.. he was just perfect.

I would have thought that Shirou would have a much bigger shock to finding out his father was a previous master, and Sabers master - though on the whole story about him, you just gotta remember the smile he fave Shirou when they first met.

Next episode - kawaii Saber! >_____<
Old 2006-05-13, 18:02   Link #94
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I agree with the naysayers. F/SN has been going downhill in recent episodes.

This episode did have some good, though, particularly in the second half. They've filled almost all of the holes in Saber and Shirou's background, and they managed to do it in one shot. It impressed me. Though, it goes without saying that the characters that have received the most substantial and comprehensive attention have been these two. Even without knowing about Camelot-lore, we've been shown pretty much everything we need to know about Saber and King Arthur and their pasts. And, thanks to it, we've come to an intimate understanding of her motivations and actions. Shirou's as well.

The bad in this episode: the first half. Never mind the fact that they were saved by deus ex machina (even if that is, in my opinion, a huge negative). But, yet again, we're given a mere glimpse of a side character when they're just about to die, of all times. Far too little, far too late. The question is, how are we supposed to care that they die if we know so little about them? It's not as if F/SN is expecting us to wiki every Servent... we can see that with how comprehensive they've been about Saber's background. I think they're just being lazy. But, then again, I've always been of the opinion that requiring an audience to verse themselves in outside information to fully understand the storyline is lazy story-telling.

Assassin died with little ado. He wasn't much more than an excuse for a fight. Although, from that point of view, Caster wasn't much more than an excuse for a conflict. Gil adds an interesting new twist to the story, but he was so obviously used as a deus ex machina in this episode, that his introduction has been cheapened.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 18:07   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
exellent watching the sudded version...did anyone notice assassin's last words?...they were soo cool as expected from a cool guy...

quote to saber: 'i did think of you as a cute little bird, but rather you were of the lion type, i thought i had a talent for analyzing women, but i guess i need more training in both fields...' *dies*

to me those words were soo cool especially comming from assassin the smooth talker it just shows you can never underestimate a women...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 18:25   Link #96
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Yeah, it implies that he held back somehow...

Anyway, the sun was rising, he couldn't have hold any longer anyway.

His death was really cool, but too fast IMO...
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 19:42   Link #97
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Looks like the priest guy at the end of the episode seems to not know about this 'eighth' servant.

Or does he ?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 20:32   Link #98
kamikazex

pretty crazy epsode..i think the series is only getting better.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 21:43   Link #99
Glitch87

first time posting in this thread.....

im actually kind of disturbed of how people think the show is going downhill. I think it is going uphill.

the show was below average. A lot of episodes zip happened. to top it off i almost puked and stopped watching when archer fought berserker... that was just tooo cheesy... I'm sure you know what i mean. Me and my brother laugh and repeat "I am the bone of my sword!~~~".

anyways... as soon as the illyia and shinji conflicts were done with, and we have caster conflict, things just set towards a quick and decisive actions, unlike what was happening episodes ago. If this was a longer anime, i would say this is where the series really got good. but its not so i can just say that I have no idea why ppl are dissing these episodes.

P.S. Kickass animation for emiya vs souichirou and some parts of saber/assasin.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 21:56   Link #100
kamikazex

ya the fight scene between shirou and the teacher was crazy. shirou got soo much better
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote