AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-06, 13:56   Link #401
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, but from what I read, he has some amount of lust over every female character except his sister. He isn't quite as open about it as Taniguchi, but he's still very much an adolescent boy. And all the girls (Mikuru, Yuki, Haruhi, and Tsuruya) are very pretty.
Old 2006-08-07, 00:17   Link #402
Kikaifan
Blazing General

While Kyon states that he wouldn't mind seeing Yuki in the bunny costume, after the whole Asakura flip-out he never makes another such comment. All reflections on her appearance thereafter, as far as I can recall, related to her coldness, stillness, or stealthiness. Or, in the case of the witch costume, scariness.

Perhaps he has a persistent awareness of her nature that stops him?
Old 2006-08-07, 00:54   Link #403
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
you made it sound like the "fetish" lust :/
"If Haruhi have her trap shut, I'd bet she's the best looking girl, but not." -Kyon.
Old 2006-08-07, 01:04   Link #404
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Kyon certainly has some lust over Haruhi, he mentioned quite a few times that he would like to see Haruhi in the sexy Mikuru cosplays. Importantly he says that he will probably like what he is going to see. He imagines Haruhi in various Mikuru costumes.

Also, he told Haruhi that seeing her in a ponytail turns him on.

Since he directly told us he wants to see Haruhi in some forms to satisfy his own senses and to Haruhi that she turns him on, its safe to say that Kyon has lust for Haruhi.

Actaully he's just being a typical teen male. any guy would want to see a girl in a bunny costume right?

Anyway we can all tell that he has a crush on Mikuru. After all he has that large file of pics of her on the computer that he looks at every chance he gets. remember.
Old 2006-08-07, 01:31   Link #405
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

During the course of the series, Kyon makes it pretty clear he's aware that he's managed to get entwined with his own "harem" in the form of Mikuru, Yuki, and Haruhi -- all of whom have their desirable characteristics. This may explain some of his irritation at Koizumi -- though Kyon himself probably doesn't realize this.

It seems to take a lot (like the end of the world) to get Kyon to do any self-examination.

He remarks on Yuki's beauty and Haruhi's beauty a number of times... Mikuru is just so easy to crush on though for him... whereas Yuki shines at him in much more subtle ways ... and of course the goddess Shiva a.k.a. Haruhi has her own terrifying but fascinating beauty.
Old 2006-08-07, 03:53   Link #406
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Actaully he's just being a typical teen male. any guy would want to see a girl in a bunny costume right?

Anyway we can all tell that he has a crush on Mikuru. After all he has that large file of pics of her on the computer that he looks at every chance he gets. remember.
Actually, I don't think it is that he likes ponytails per se but rather really likes Haruhi in a ponytail. I think that really shows something specific about this... in fact, volume 4 will further illustrate things. Just wait for the translations..

Regarding the Mikuru thing,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-07, 04:48   Link #407
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Just a related point on atrractiveness of female characters in MoSH novels from the point of view of Kyon, specifically of Yuki...

(Book 6 spoiler)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-08, 21:38   Link #408
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I have a question. Does any one know whats the song in which Asakura and Yuki fight called?. When acctually their fight ends.
And what is Yuki's Theme song called?.
Old 2006-08-09, 05:52   Link #409
SnakeLegend

Hmmm... is it parallel world?
i'm not sure myself... maybe i'll search a lil.
Old 2006-08-09, 10:36   Link #410
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just a related point on atrractiveness of female characters in MoSH novels from the point of view of Kyon, specifically of Yuki...

(Book 6 spoiler)
Spoiler:
Hey, it's not unnatural for a guy to visualize a girl in his mind at least once a bit in an intimite perspective, lol XP
Old 2006-08-10, 21:22   Link #411
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
i got a question. in ep5 when they go mysterious stuff searching, when they were doing the toothpick draw, if haruhi wishes to be with kyon, how come she didnt get paired with him if she has the ability to grant her own wishes? or did yuki do some random magic? is this explained in the novel?

禁則事項です
Old 2006-08-10, 21:34   Link #412
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno
i got a question. in ep5 when they go mysterious stuff searching, when they were doing the toothpick draw, if haruhi wishes to be with kyon, how come she didnt get paired with him if she has the ability to grant her own wishes? or did yuki do some random magic? is this explained in the novel?
Hmm... I am not very good at explaining theories, but here I go.

Haruhi desires to pair up with Kyon, but there exists an element of doubt within her. At this point of the timeline, Haruhi's feelings towards Kyon has not solidified into anything substantial yet. So... one could say that she is still insecure?

This insecurity probably led her into thinking about what if Kyon paired up with Mikuru instead, since Mikuru can be considered to be her main competitor. By thinking so much about it, she made it come true.

Now that the first blow has been dealt, her insecurities caused her to ponder the possibility of somebody else getting it, and voila, Yuki gets paired with Kyon in the second round.

One could say... Haruhi defeated herself?
Old 2006-08-10, 21:41   Link #413
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Hmm... I am not very good at explaining theories, but here I go.

Haruhi desires to pair up with Kyon, but there exists an element of doubt within her. At this point of the timeline, Haruhi's feelings towards Kyon has not solidified into anything substantial yet. So... one could say that she is still insecure?

This insecurity probably led her into thinking about what if Kyon paired up with Mikuru instead, since Mikuru can be considered to be her main competitor. By thinking so much about it, she made it come true.

Now that the first blow has been dealt, her insecurities caused her to ponder the possibility of somebody else getting it, and voila, Yuki gets paired with Kyon in the second round.

One could say... Haruhi defeated herself?
was this explained in the novel or anything?

thanks for the godlike quick reply! when the email came thru, i was literally thinking "WTF? already?"

禁則事項です
Old 2006-08-10, 21:46   Link #414
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno
was this explained in the novel or anything?

thanks for the godlike quick reply! when the email came thru, i was literally thinking "WTF? already?"
Not explicitly, but the concept of Haruhi choosing Kyon has been used over and over again in both the anime and the novels. The closest counterpart in the anime would be the baseball episode.

Speculatively, it may also be the reason why Kyon still ends up sitting next to Haruhi despite the classroom shuffle.
Old 2006-08-11, 01:41   Link #415
SnakeLegend

^
Maybe simply Haruhi wishes for it?
Old 2006-08-11, 02:02   Link #416
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Skane's explanation of the toothpick incident is pretty much correct, just that in my point of view, she didn't include him pairing up with Yuki, maybe even Mikuru.

Her doubt is indeed enough to cause the effect of Kyon ending up with different partners. But whether she actually thought that Kyon would end up specifically with Mikuru the first time and Yuki the second time, I do not know.

And about the seating arrangement, there's no doubt, Haruhi has been working really hard to get Kyon to sit infront of him.

If you've read novel 2, you should know that Haruhi has been sitting behind him for 7 times, through 7 seating arrangement changes. The class seating arrangement changes every month, the school started in April and novel 2 is in November. Disregarding April since everyone just got into a random seat and it wasn't a seating arrangement change, they changed seats and sat in the same way, Haruhi behind Kyon for 7 times.

Haruhi made a 7 times in a row near impossible outcome:
2 people seating together in a class of 30 for 7 times =
(2/30)*(2/30)*(2/30)*(2/30)*(2/30)*(2/30)*(2/30) = 0.00000000585% chance of happening.

Not sure if I got it correct, but just to show that its near impossible lol

The best way to observe and look at someone with out him noticing is behind his back. A good way to know that someone wants to talk to you and have your attention is when he puts in an effort to turn around. Haruhi really wants something from Kyon lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-11, 02:32   Link #417
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

It's slightly more complicated than that.

First, we'll handle Haruhi's position. In order to have Kyon in front of her, Haruhi must not end up in the front row. There are six rows, so the probability of her getting an ideal seat is 24/30 -> 4/5.

Then we move on to Kyon. This one is simple, 1/30. Now to combine the chances, and we end up with...

2/75

After seven rounds... we get... erm...

128/a really big number

Hang on here... my hand-held calculator couldn't produce a legible result... switching to WinXP's calculator... Ah, here we go,

128/13348388671875

In Decimal numbers, that equates to... erm... a really small number that WinXP's calculator could not produce legibily either...

After converting said number into percentages, we get...

0.00000000095891723822588020118884316415181%
Old 2006-08-11, 02:45   Link #418
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
9.5891723822588020118884316415181e-10%
For the less mathematically-inclined, this means the odds were approximately 95.9 billion to 1.

Since we can assume Haruhi will be sitting directly behind Kyon for the foreseeable future, this odds would decrease further.
Old 2006-08-11, 02:46   Link #419
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm, I see, I forgot that Haruhi can't be in the front row, but I think you also forgot the Kyon can't be in the back row
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-11, 03:17   Link #420
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Hmmm, I see, I forgot that Haruhi can't be in the front row, but I think you also forgot the Kyon can't be in the back row
No need to. Kyon is linked to the Haruhi variable. He is not an independant variable. Once Haruhi gets her seat, there is a 1/30 chance that Kyon will sit in front of her.

Ah shoot. I just realised something. Haruhi occupies one seat with her ass, so that means the chance of Kyon sitting in front of her is not 1/30, but 1/29. Whoopsie.

Shortcut this time,

4/5 * 1/29 = 4/145

4/145 to the power of 7 = 1.2157490073745200673485014726664e-11

Percentage Chance = 1.2157490073745200673485014726664e-9%
= 0.0000000012157490073745200673485014726664%
= 1.216~ billion to one