Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 10:08   Link #481
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Must have been epic with his theme song blazing out every time he used Bang Install.
Actually, Bang never had his theme song played in the Arcade version. The theme song only appears in the console version of the game.
Old 2009-07-21, 21:38   Link #482
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Mike Z's Tager vs. HeartNana's Noel at EVO2009. MikeZ dominated this match with his monster Tager, but HeartNana ended up winning the tournament.

Two of my friends duke it out as Tagers. 720-ing a 720 was just hilarious.

I don't know if I can handle all of this REAL SOVIET DAMAGE.
Old 2009-07-21, 22:23   Link #483
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Watching that guy or any skilled Tager player is just awesome. When I run into a rare one online I know I am likely in for a beating. On that note I actually saw a Carl player for the first time ever yesterday but he canceled the match so I didn't get to see him in action.

I decided to switch my main to Hakumen since I just wasn't cutting it as Rachel anymore and I feel dirty playing as Jin. I'm liking the emphasis on timing and basics but I still have a ways to go. I seem to be able to counter Noel drive spammers pretty well but that ice car still beats me sometimes.

On a random note I accidentally accepted another match with a guy who d/c'd on me yesterday. He stood there for 2 full rounds while I beat on him. I'm assuming he did it on purpose and meant to d/c again at the end but he was too slow this time.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:00   Link #484
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Tagers always get the crowd roaring lol, he's epic.

Its either my connection or that I'm in Singapore, I'm having really bad delays with everyone. I lag so much that I can't even do a pumpkin or frog combo.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:05   Link #485
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its either my connection or that I'm in Singapore, I'm having really bad delays with everyone. I lag so much that I can't even do a pumpkin or frog combo.
Might be your connection speed online. I subscibe to a 10Mbps boardband plan, little to no lag for almost all the fights.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:33   Link #486
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea my connection is DSL, I think its bad.

But anyway, those unafraid of lag and wants a friendly match, I'm hosting a room called SG or no delay right now.

Old 2009-07-21, 23:38   Link #487
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Yea my connection is DSL, I think its bad.
If you have about $55 to spare per month, try to switch MIO.
Old 2009-07-22, 05:09   Link #488
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For some reason, everything I've heard about MIO seems to be bad lol

Anyway I just checked 'Teach Me Litchi Sensei' episode 1 in English and found that they altered some stuff. I've been playing the game in Japanese voice and subtitles from the start so I thought I can check the English versions.

Tao's voice is really bad in English

In Japanese Tao calls Litchi 'Chichi no Onna', 'Woman of Boobs'. When Tao headbutted Litchi's boobs, annoying Litchi, Tao was apologising not to Litchi, but 'chichi no naka no hito', 'the person in the boobs'. What is 'the person in the boobs', Litchi, like us have no idea, she tried to ask Tao but decides not to carry on.

Anyway Tao is way more stupid in Japanese than in English, and cuter because of that lol. She not only has no idea of anything, she can't speak properly as well, she's too fluent in English and not 'neko' enough. Besides Japanese, I think the only people who can pull off catgirls perfectly would be the performers of 'Cats the Musical' lol

Old 2009-07-22, 18:06   Link #489
Kazekage_Gaara
Kage of Sunagakure

Send a message via AIM to Kazekage_Gaara
Hey guys there's a BlazBlue Tournament going on over at Destructive-Nature.com. Don't know if anyone's interested or not but worth mentioning. There's one each for the Xbox 360 & Playstation 3.

Here they are.

Seems like a nice looking site, should check it out.
Old 2009-07-23, 05:46   Link #490
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Tao's voice is really bad in English
Really? I found it cute. Especially when she's calls Litchi "Boobie Lady".

The way she talks in English always cracks me up.
Old 2009-07-23, 06:50   Link #491
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Her English VA didn't do a bad job, its just that compared to Tao's Japanese voice's attitude, she lacks quite a bit. If you find her funny in English, her Japanese version would literally be insanely hilarious.

While saying 'Nya/Nyan' is already something unusual, Tao says 'Nyasu'. Her speech is broken and almost incomprehensible, there is no logic at all lol. They have to double her IQ for her to make sense in English. The extra intelligence in the English version, makes her less funny. Yes, her English speech is so much more intelligent that she sounds like a different person from her Japanese version. Tao is really that insane in Japanese lol

Tao is an extreme personality by any catgirl standard, she's totally in a class of her own compared to all other catgirls lol

In Japanese, Litchi is 'Woman of Boobs' and apparently to her, someone lives in those boobs. Noel is called 'None Person', Noel and Litchi have no idea what that means. But we know that she means that Noel has no boobs, or she may also mean that nobody lives in Noel's chest.

I haven't heard too much of the English version to know more differences though. But her English fighting lines are weaker as well.

Old 2009-07-23, 11:21   Link #492
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Surprisingly I think the English dub is pretty good overall. Ragna and Tager are both especially good. I like Noel too, some of her delivery seems off but her VA actually sounds like a young woman instead of a middle-aged woman trying to sound young like in most English dubs. She also actually makes those cute emotive sounds (like "wah..." or "ehh?!") that usually get turned into "aww" or "what?!" in English adaptations. Also a couple priceless lines like "Hands off the panda!" and "Ragna the Bloodedge...you are...STUPID!" (hearing that one almost made getting killed by the DD that triggered it worth it.)

The characters in the opening movie and Terumi are really bad though. The latter sounds like he's trying so hard to be evil that he doesn't even take himself seriously.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:33   Link #493
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I like Noel too, some of her delivery seems off but her VA actually sounds like a young woman instead of a middle-aged woman trying to sound young like in most English dubs. She also actually makes those cute emotive sounds (like "wah..." or "ehh?!") that usually get turned into "aww" or "what?!" in English adaptations. Also a couple priceless lines like "Hands off the panda!" and "Ragna the Bloodedge...you are...STUPID!" (hearing that one almost made getting killed by the DD that triggered it worth it.)
Noel is voiced by Cristina Vee, who at the age of 22 is what I'd call a young woman.

I'd also call her incredibly talented. If you've seen her other work, I'm sure you'd agree.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 13:16   Link #494
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I haven't heard too much of the English version to know more differences though. But her English fighting lines are weaker as well.
Here's a some English videos from "Teach me Miss Litchi" i posted some time ago.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...79#post2502579
Old 2009-07-23, 21:38   Link #495
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Anyone got any tips for Unlimited Ragna in score attack? I keep getting crushed by him in the most ruthless ways possibles.

Till now, my biggest victory was not losing by perfect. The guy drains too much life... Don't know what to do.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:11   Link #496
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Like any other Ragna, he actually doesn't have terribly much life, but Boss Ragna regains it at a monstrous rate if he hits you (since he tends to do a pretty heavy rushdown). Try turning the tables and rushing him while covered by a projectile, and you'll be able to wipe down a lot of his health in a single combo. If you start getting hit and he doesn't have too much life left, burst right away. Sure, he'll probably demolish you in a single combo after that, but if you let him get his life back, it's not like you'll be better off, so just take the chance.

Best of luck to you. Practice against him in VS mode with the difficulty on Hell, also; it helps even if the Hell CPU is a little easier.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 00:10   Link #497
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Practice against him in VS mode with the difficulty on Hell, also; it helps even if the Hell CPU is a little easier.
Or you could just go into Training and set the CPU level to 100.
Old 2009-07-24, 11:17   Link #498
ZeroForever

there's a few combo's that the AI will fall for every time, just look them up as the AI although broken in reaction time will still fall for some fake outs everytime.
Old 2009-07-24, 18:12   Link #499
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Already got it. Thanks for the tips! Actually, after i found a flaw in the AI, it was quite easy. I just stayed put in one of the corners, sending tiny lobelias with the wind to get him and detonating them when they hit. Didn't got perfect, but it was a nice comeback. A shame it doesn't work against people.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 08:08   Link #500
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Already got it. Thanks for the tips! Actually, after i found a flaw in the AI, it was quite easy. I just stayed put in one of the corners, sending tiny lobelias with the wind to get him and detonating them when they hit. Didn't got perfect, but it was a nice comeback. A shame it doesn't work against people.
You'd be surprised. That's how I got my first couple of victories online.

Wouldn't work on anyone good, but it definitely can work.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360