AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-12, 05:03   Link #4941
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
And I found Achiga's struggle to overthro Shiriatodai more compiling, as well as I find that by having them win was to say that Achiga is probably the better team then Shiratodai.
I think Ritz overhyped Achiga just because she probably wanted Kiyosumi would meet Achiga in the final. The level of Achiga growed too fast @___@ and their luck must be highest in national tournament, especially Shizuno, she became a super monster from a normal only in a short time. She can even beat Awaii and prevent the Haitei raoyue of Koromo. That's unbeliveable and this makes me hate her so much X__X.
Hope that the Saki's flower will over bloom on that stupid Shizuno mountain because rinshan kaihou means flower bloom on the mountain
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 10:46   Link #4942
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post

Except its been shown and we've been told that Izumi is not a national class player, remember she couldn't deal with non-nodocci mode Nodoka. And other teams have exploit the fact that people place their weakest player in the lieutenant round, Achiga by having Yuu there, Achiga's best player, Shirairtodai placed Sumire there, their second best player, while Himemastu has placed Yuuko there, one of their more skilled players., you even have Kazekoshi who placed Miharu there, probably their best defensive player after Mihoko. So no having Izumi on the team was still a stupid move, when it seems that second years don't seem to have the level of arrogance that Izumi has, we just have to look at Hiroko, who apparently was arrogant the previous year, possibly this came from her being the niece of a pro and the school coach, had it knocked out of her the last year. So I still think going with an all-round 2nd year would've been the smarter move.
The Thing is that Izumi Is better that the all-round 2nd or even 3rd year in Senryama. As said she is good enough that she would be the champ if she was a boy. ( Who are not That bad if you look at the anime, just maybe too reckless... kind of like her)

It's also a good move in the way that next year she Will have the experience needed to not make that stupid error. Remember that next year they'll have only Hiroko as a valuable sempai and then no one if Izumi or an other don't step up. They have to think about the future too

In that perspective putting her in 2nd position before their best player is the best as it's not the hell of Vanguard but still early enough that her eventual errors will be corrected.

I'm ready to bet that next year Izumi Will be one of Senryama saving grace (steady player) teaching the new first year what she learned this year.

Also Yuu is not officially Achiga's best player, That tittle belong to Ako. As said the 2nd place is the best to put your weak Link because it's the only place you won't find an Ace or a monster ( Rinkai not withstanding, they only have aces and monsters )

Quote:

No Senriyama were the worst part in Achiga-hen, remember to much screen time given to them, given to many flashbacks, when some of those flashbacks should have gone to Shindouji. Except I didn't find them interesting, you Izumi's arrogance, Toki thinking she'll be able to easily out play Teru, and forgetting the basics of watching all 3 opponents not just the strongest on the table, Hiroko who I found to be a poor mans Yumi, remember not able to read data all that well, and thehuge disappointment Ryuuka. Where as I found the the Mariu/Himeko dynamic cute I just got annoyed by Toki/Ryuuka. Also Shindouji and Shiraitodai ha the more interesting strategies for the team tournament, Shindouji with its weakest to strongest line up, while Shiraitoai had its team built around ways to cause huge point games in each round except the vice-captain round, which seemed to Seiko be someone who makes things harder for players by playing fast and calling to make people play more cautiously against her. And I found Achiga's struggle to overthro Shiriatodai more compiling, as well as I find that by having them win was to say that Achiga is probably the better team then Shiratodai.
Before I start ranting I have to say I like Achiga as a team, the only thing that I hate about them is a part of Shizu's ass pull.

Yes not all of it as it's not the first Time Ritz show uninformed power , My problem is with the fact that it affected the starting hand when it's supposed to be the deep well ( I can't accepted the gibberish of an explanation they tried to do, It's just not coherent with how power work in Saki)

Now as a team They are NOT better than Shiraitodai . Achiga just played the Momoko trough the whole game, never being targeted and gaining from the work of the other team targeting Shiraitodai.

The latter however managed to remain first ( second only at the last moment ) eve though their best players played it soft until it was too late

The only error in Shiraitodai was putting Teru first and Awai last, the contrary would have been the best for the same reason Yuuki is the best vanguard and Saki the best last player in Kiyosumi. That is to say Awai is too reckless in her game for a last player.

Sure it would have meant that Sumire and Takami would have to go all out but I still think it would have been better for them.

Quote:

Also I really found it pointless that we basically got Senrytama's motivations and backstory told to us twice, their 1st flashback established everything fine. Where as by say giving the screen time dedicated to their second flashback w ell maybe we'll get to seetit ould've been better spend given to Shindouji since e only really no Kirame's backstory and got a glimpse at Mairu/Himeko's. I would've really loved to have knon hat upset about Mairu not doing ell in the last nationals. Maybe e'll get to see it in the individuals. Also I as really glad that manga focused on shindouji in the aftermath of their match and not Senriyama, since we really didn't need to indepth on Senriyama that much.
You're right that we didn't need that much, but I think that time should not have been used on Shidouji but on Awai or Shizu back story ( understanding how one came to mahjong or how the other's power started to develop)

Quote:

No your wrong here I found Ryuuka a huge dissappointment because she was supposed to be a normal player, it probaly would've been better to portray her someone in over her hea, instead of giving her an ability which is the actual ass pull of the series. And I didn't find the match that disappointing since this was the first match that we actually got to see Shizu play properly, and I liked the dynamic going on between Himeko and Awai, and how they really didn't mind Shizu that much until it as to late.

Take into account the amount of times that Ryuuka used her ability to autowin, pretty much says that if she didn't have Awai would've have come in first. Also I find Awai's arrogance to justified unlike Izumi's, remember Awai scouted and chosen to join Teru's personal team, Izumi can't deal with a Nodoka who is heavily holding back.

Except it isn't, Himematsu has a monster slayer in the back, best player in the middle, a highly skilled player 2nd, a strong defensive player 4th and a potential huge point grabber 1st.
Where as Senriyma has a player who can't deal with monsters 5th, an arrogant defensive player 2nd, and a player who ignore the basic strategy of watching all 3 other players on the table. Their only saving grace is Sera and Hiroko, one bing good a high point scoring and the other okay at data analysis, but their positions hinder them instead of help, Hiroko's is placed 4th where most players have flexible styles, she' honestly be better 1st or 2nd where she can more easily exploit peoples discard habits, since these rounds are still early in the game so more like ly for people to be reckless. And wwith Sera 3rd, try not forget that the people placed are either speed players, or players with more play styles that Sera would quite likely play into since they use less conventional ways of winning, e'g' Hiroe's trap master style and Hisa's hell waits.

The point I as making was that Senriyama placed Ryuuka, ho they knew could not deal with monsters as the captian, when the captain round was most likely going to have more monsters and monster slayers in the captain round then last year, try not to forget this is here Koromo was placed so other schools would be weary of this round, add in that Teru has swapped places here with a newcomer, they really should have put Ryuuka somewhere else. And well other schools did prepare for dangerous captain rounds, what with there being defensive alls like Kasumi who can become a pseudo monster, Toyone with her 7 abilities, Kyoko being good analytical player who can deal with monsters, Shizu who's ability screws with monsters draw favouring, pseudo monster Himeko having clear shots with high scoring autowins, and bring in Rinkai which would no doubt have a monster or higly skilled player, putting Ryuuka as the captain was a incredibly stupid move. Hell even Kazekoshi and Tsugura had counters in place for monsters and high level monster slayers, ith Yumi being the 5th player and Kana who is able to build expensive hands. This actually makes me wonder how seriously Semnriyama as a school takes the team tournament since its clear everyone but them upped their game.

Except as point out above Ryuuka clearly can't deal with monsters since she apparently couln't do anything against Teru in the last nationals, and its either said or heavily hinted that Teru was the captain for Shiraitodai last year, they really should have put Toki as the last player since her ability could screw with monsters or allow her from being hit directly. And Sera only really got a high net gain then Hiroe because Ako was at the table wwho stopped Takami from getting her 1st yakuman.
Now I also found The " Fairy Toki " Thing an ass-pull but one more supported by the rules of the Sakiverse. Still it put a lot of doubt in Ryuuka's skill.

Then when you say Ryuuka can't deal with monster I have to defend her. because she Had to deal with miss 2nd best in Japan Arakawa Kei for two years and Still stand to the tittle of best Average in her Prefecture Which mean she can deal with someone who can deal With Teru and not go bust. Sure we don't know yet How good Kei is but we have indication that she is truly a monster.

Quote:

To be blunt Izumi's style is actually one that would cause her to lose a lot against more skilled players, her style literally consists of trying to stop the biggest threat from winning, aiming at them and earning more points through ippastu, except more skilled players would not eaisly be disrupted by her calls, or would be able to prevent her from winning through ippastu. Thing is there are actually alot of skille players in the Vangaurd round, as we've seen and Toki only really did well against Kuro because of how predictable her style is because of the red tiles, literally take out the red tiles and Kuro could become as much as nightmare as Koromo is, since Kuro won't have her hand tied and force her to go for more risky hands. So it has more to with Toki then her just wanting to hit Teru, her style actually highly limits her until she throws it away and starts countering Teru like Kirame did.
You are right in one aspect and that is the fact that Toki herself made an huge errors in her focus on Teru, but that is understandable as monster tend to have that effect and I take for proof all of the Captain games.

In the Nagano Final everyone was focusing on Stopping Koromo, it wasn't until Saki and Yumi understood their was other player on the ground that they got out of the deadlock while Kana took all the damage because she remained focused on Koromo for too long (until Saki show her the way and pulled her out in fact)
Even Koromo was Focused on Saki and nearly forgot the other Once she showed herself.

In the Side-B Quarter Captain match they chained that error. Focusing on the one who showed her power and getting caught off guard by the other until they were reminded of the other. the only one who didn't make that error was Saki because her play-style at that point use everyone at the table so she can't forget anyone.

That is to Say Toki did make an error that probably cost them victory, but Its a common one even experimented player do. You should instead congratulate Kirame for not making it because she probably often learned it first-hand ( Never getting bust make you take everyone into account )

Edit : Toki is in fact a mix between Yuuki and Mako. Can be a huge point Gatherer against predictable players and win fast but her foremost ability is defensive. That is why she is better suited than any other in her team to go Vanguard for this unusual year where Teru is vanguard
Old 2014-05-14, 13:49   Link #4943
darkchez11

Spoiler for ch 126:
darkchez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 14:26   Link #4944
itisjustme

Urgh how long until we see some Rinshan magic. >:|
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 14:29   Link #4945
tsunade666

Hisa did indeed win 12000 in those raw but I can't read it aside from the winning points so I don't know who she hit it with.
Old 2014-05-14, 19:34   Link #4946
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchez11 View Post
Spoiler for ch 126:
HAHA yeah right I don't buy it for a sec. Must be some troll or wishful ranting. I'm secretly wishing for that too you know? Not that I believe the slightest possibility that it may come true.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 19:38   Link #4947
raincrow

I really doubt it, considering they showed off the rest of the Usuzan team in the end of Saki S2. Unless they go bust and there's some obscure rule that keeps them in somehow, but I really doubt either scenario.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 22:11   Link #4948
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
you must have patience and enjoy the ride.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 22:24   Link #4949
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
you must have patience and enjoy the ride.
And remember, it never ends.

Seriously.

And it's always a good day when Hisa shows what she's made of.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 23:21   Link #4950
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Next year if we're lucky.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 01:50   Link #4951
juventus95

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchez11 View Post
Spoiler for ch 126:
Probably won't happen. But I'd be overjoyed if this really happened. Then we can see final match sooner, and Kyoko won't have her revenge. I really want to see that!!! Wishful thinking
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 03:05   Link #4952
darkchez11

Spoiler for hisa:
darkchez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 12:07   Link #4953
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Seriously.

agreed. So far I have enjoyed every single match in the Semi's (side B) thus far. I hope that can continue.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 12:40   Link #4954
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
agreed. So far I have enjoyed every single match in the Semi's (side B) thus far. I hope that can continue.
It's been a fun ride, that's for sure, but Hisa's match is my favorite by far.

And since next match is Nodoka's, I don't think my opinion will change for a while.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 00:29   Link #4955
Mahjong Dolphin

Oooh I'm so happy about the spoilers . I don't know if it's the wait, or that Ritz got me hooked but I'm dying to see the finals lol... I mean we are all dying but yeah... I wonder if Ritz knows how everyone is feeling lol... Would love to see Hisa get a hit on Hiroe! that would be sooo satisfying. Would love to see Hiroe panick if this will indeed be her last game lol.

Also I've wanted to say I really enjoyed the entire series and the characters. Mahjong is usually a game of luck and right now we have many people who are loved by the tiles, and those who are helped to reach the final.

How I view the manga:
-Most people who win are the ones who are having fun. In a sense a game where everyone has fun is a really fun game to play and learn about one another.

-It's funny to see so many people growing as they win or lose, or the potential of growth... (Awai being more humbled would be dangerous, Kuro letting go, Toki staying true to her values in a sense winning wasn't everything, Megan regretting that she ran away by busting a player, Hisa learning to relax, Yumi actually choosing a team to root for etc...)

-The tiles are helping Saki reunite with her sister.
-The tiles helped Achiga reunite with Nodoka & help Harue grow.
-The tiles brought Miyamori & Eisui together; would love to see more of their interaction and become life long friends.

-The saki-verse has so many people with so many different powers (flow control, spindle theory, wind seat hax, love hax, foresight hax, hell waits and harvest grape powers, shooting arrows, shooting stars, disappearing, going into trances, bombs blowing up, not taking off the socks power limit, pearl beneath the sea, all symbolizing different hands/yakuman), armor hax cuz of destiny etc... That anything can really happen.

Also I wonder about Sawaya... I learn there was some yakuman which translate into, "to scoop up a swimming fish from the riverbed." ... wonder if her lion who is parting the sea is going to get fish of some sort lol..
Mahjong Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 08:18   Link #4956
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Seriously.

Agreed!

Nice to see Hisa stepping up and flexing her muscles, so to speak.

Sure Vente was not able to sing the entire time, but still - good job!
Old 2014-05-17, 00:03   Link #4957
Mahjong Dolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
I think Ritz overhyped Achiga just because she probably wanted Kiyosumi would meet Achiga in the final. The level of Achiga growed too fast @___@ and their luck must be highest in national tournament, especially Shizuno, she became a super monster from a normal only in a short time. She can even beat Awaii and prevent the Haitei raoyue of Koromo. That's unbeliveable and this makes me hate her so much X__X.
Hope that the Saki's flower will over bloom on that stupid Shizuno mountain because rinshan kaihou means flower bloom on the mountain

Don't be hating lol, the mountain goddess has every right to shine as the shining star. And yes... when Saki's flower bloom on the mountain, everyone will be shocked and Saki will get her message across. That her flower will blooom forever and no matter what lol bwahaha lol
Mahjong Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 10:29   Link #4958
Marina2

Will we see the end of final round before 'New Horizon' reach Pluto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru
Actually, since Ritz went as far as making Achiga won over Shiratodai insted of getting 2nd place, I have a feeling that Ritz will buff all Achiga members skill somehow in the final round.

Even Kuro might throw out some unforeseen surprise. Something like: "Kuro's discard option has always limited by her Dora power, when she doesn't have to worry about discarding dora tiles, her game reading (defense) is actually very good."
Old 2014-05-17, 18:30   Link #4959
thenightsshadow

Here's how I see the final going based on who we know is going. I get a lot of this is speculation, but I've been piecing together clues from previous matches so far, so I wouldn't be surprised if it I have it half right or better.

Vanguard
1st Game: Kuro won't have her Dora yet. Yuuki won't start East; instead she'll start North. She'll go on a streak as per usual, then get stopped. But, unlike before she manages to find a second wind when she sits as East. Teru will do her thing, going only so far before someone stops her streak. Nothing else noteworthy.

2nd Game: Yuuki will start East this time, but Kuro is back to having Dora, so Yuuki's power is greatly hampered. Additionally, there's not much of a counter attack from Kuro and the fourth player and Teru will pull off the Nine Lanterns yakuman on this game, sometime in the south round.

Sergeant
1st Game: Sumire will test out her ability on Mako, who will be second place, but on pure instinct, Mako will evade the attack. After one try, Sumire will stick to the offensive game, which Yuu will capitalize on. Mako will understand Yuu's ability but not be able to understand how she plays.

2nd Game: Sumire will change her ability up altogether. Instead of sniping immediately, she'll target someone, change her hand on their evasion, and then snipe them down on the second attempt. Yuu will be caught up in this, but Mako will be able to evade based on her instinct. Unlike what is speculated, I do not believe Mako will get an All-Green Yakuman.

Lieutenant
1st Game: Hisa will start doing tricks with Ako, allowing her to earn a bulk of wins. Hisa decides to follow the strategy of allowing Takami to pull off Harvest Time in exchange for earning lots of points in the meantime. Ako will try her hardest but fail to contain Hisa. In desperation, Ako quick-rons off Takami's Harvest Time round before she can win with a Baiman.

2nd Game: Hisa continues tricking Ako, but partway through Ako will switch up styles, aiming for Closed Pinfu and 7 Pairs hands, blocking Hisa's hell waits temporarily. When Hisa realizes this, she retaliates by mimicking Ako's calling for speed and Ako reverts, allowing Hisa to utilize her hell waits once again. Takami will land a small Harvest Time as the dealer before Ako finishes the game.

Vice-Captain
1st Game: Seiko's calls and Arata's Bowling Formations are both things Nodoka will not notice, and as she deals to them plenty her spirit begins to darken. She ends up unable to awaken as both Arata and Seiko square off to see who can score the most. Over the break, with Saki unable to see Nodoka (due to getting lost), Nodoka's alternate form changes.

2nd Game: Nodoka loses a small hand on purpose to Seiko, transforming into Dark Nodocchi. Here, instead of becoming an analyzing machine, she becomes hyper-sensitive to both abilities, and it takes the field by storm. Win after win, but she becomes much easier to read too, and Arata is the first to take advantage by riichi'ing, scaring Nodoka into giving up the winning tile (not a Pinzu). It takes Saki falling into the tournament room by accident to awaken her out of Dark Nodocchi, and she finishes the round as normal.

Captain
1st Game: Awai begins her 5-6 shanten, paralyzing Saki's hands. She is unable to even obtain a 'pon', as Awai won't draw any of the tiles she has two of, and Shizu is instructed to watch for tiles not on the board. Saki ends up ronned off of Awai during Double Riichi twice, and while Shizu wins a few times, it isn't until Awai pulls off her Kan into Tsumo with the Ura Dora that Saki becomes deathly afraid. Between the games, Teru comes to see Saki, but on seeing her depressed, mutters some discouraging words and walks off. Saki steels her resolve.

2nd Game: Saki removes her socks, indicating she's ready to begin. Instead of aiming for Rinshan Kaihou, she begins to build a small amount of wins, beginning with two West Wind in her finished hand, then three West Wind. Once she starts her hand and Shizu's nullify ability starts affecting the starting hands, four West Winds stare her in the face, reminding her of the incident years ago. Not wanting to be reminded, she discards it a few rounds later, only for it to be ronned by Shizu, who was tenpai for a Kokushi Musou. Saki is unable to face her fear and nearly collapses, but is reminded of her sister smiling back at her and sits back up. She once again draws 4 West Winds, but this time Kans it immediately. She draws the Red Dragon and keeps it despite not having any Red Dragons. Shizu's ability nullification is on full force, but Saki reveals an ability she hasn't used until this time, making a kan of Red Dragons, White Dragons, and Green Dragons in succession, finishing with the 1 of circles pair, ending the game with a 3 Big Dragons Yakuman.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 18:38   Link #4960
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

^ just want to ask something, where did ye get those summerise?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri