Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I don't know what the heck just happened. o_o
what? are you saying?
Old 2013-07-26, 01:21   Link #202
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I mean the Choujirou part. Well, we know that Yura's a bit delusional, but the part with changing history was something unexpected for an airsoft anime, to say the least.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 01:43   Link #203
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I mean the Choujirou part. Well, we know that Yura's a bit delusional, but the part with changing history was something unexpected for an airsoft anime, to say the least.
ha yes I was also surprised for that, This exchange is usually not so bad
Old 2013-07-26, 02:15   Link #204
SQA

Apparently Yura can now alter history, either Haruhi-like or in the vein of Magical Shopping District Abenobashi. (A Gainax original, which this has something of a visual similarity with)

Also, I think they were playing a little loose with what they were up to with the history of the Gempei War. Or they went for a historical joke. Choujiro was supposed to be a great archer, which would suggest he was a Minamoto... so she called him a Taira. (I.e. she switched him sides, lol) Though the arrow-splitting bit with the gun would suggest he became http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gochin_no_Tajima .
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:37   Link #205
Tenzen12

To be honest only thing I liked on this episode was Škorpion. It's great gun.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:05   Link #206
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4

well give yura is still improve give doing train shot range by hit a 5 yen coin & going far her imagination has like sometime came real like if was inception world.

& history japan battle to hit arrow in yura's imagine is make itself feel real to her.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 09:18   Link #207
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
But giving up is not putting forth your best effort. I think that was why Sonora was so disappointed in Yura. I can understand why Yura did what she did, and I don't blame her for that, but the fact remains, at the end of the day, that by giving up, she didn't do her best effort.
I agree with you on the general principle, but in this instance Yura had already put forth her best effort and lost. The whole team had lost, but Rin was more interested in her own personal vendetta and kill score, than in triggering the proper end game condition - even when her own team was tired and ready to claim their victory.

That kind of toying with and humiliation of an opponent - rubbing their faces into the defeat after they are already down - that's not good sportsmanship and you don't have to be a punching bag for someone else's pleasure to be a good team player who gives it their all. Remember this game is not played for time, and being bum-rushed at close range by multiple opponents is a good way to guarantee that somebody will end up bleeding from getting shot at too close a range.

Also Yura's team members didn't feel like she'd let them down, and the way her surrender was directed made it seem like a clever way out of Rin's sadistic trap...

I think there's going to be a longer plot arc that returns to the questions of motivations for play and playing style and the balance between too serious/grudge match attitudes of Sonora and Rin and an overly careless attitude that doesn't allow any serious competition to be held.
Old 2013-07-26, 09:36   Link #208
novalysis

Episode 4: If this was the end of the cour, I'd call this a Gainax Ending. Since this isn't, I call this a Gainax Episode.

Seriously, I wonder whether Yura's delusions turn reality would become a running plot thread in C3 Bu.

Here's my crackpot theory:

If this continues, we'd end up with some crazy scenario, where the Stella Academy did not exist in Yura's original world, while the entire C3 Bu didn't exist until Yura made a subconscious wish, which shunted her into a time-line that did.

In-fact, we might well end up finding out that Yura was meant to be dead in her original time-line, on the way to her boarding school in a train or bus accident. Said boarding school is nowhere as crazily posh as the Stella Academy, but just before original! Yura died, she shunted herself into another alternate her, in an another alternate time-line.

And she has shunted herself subconsciously into the next time-line, several times in the series. It first began with Sona-chan, then with Yura burrying herself in the Onsen, and re-emerging into another time-line. It happened again this episode, after hitting the coin right in the center. It will happen again and again in the next episodes to come. Essentially, this is a dream within a dream within a dying dream, that is simultaneously real at the same time, in this season's dose of mindscrew.

P.s: This is just a very wild speculation, but if the source material, or Gainax anime original decisions go down this route, I wouldn't be surprised if Yura's consciousness is sliding between time-lines without her realization. But again, I must emphasize. This is just wild speculah.

Last edited by novalysis; 2013-07-26 at 11:15.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:47   Link #209
whitecloud

yura other name should be yasumi watahashi....get it?

isnt she pretty much similar...beside the hair....
Old 2013-07-26, 10:52   Link #210
bastek66

Welp, they went full original. In manga Yura went to shopping and Sono bought her a gun.
Prepare for Gainax ending.
Old 2013-07-26, 16:16   Link #211
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This show makes the Skorpion look so adorable~
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 18:30   Link #212
gaiar31

Manga ver. Going to Air Gun Shop

..I don't know why Gainax change it to super natural episode...
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 18:37   Link #213
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

ha ok Yura would normally have had the gun in the store but in the anime become his legacy - a weapon senpai his kohai
^^"
Old 2013-07-26, 19:41   Link #214
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The story is probably nothing to write home about.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 20:16   Link #215
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Phh.

1. It's Gainax
2. Manga don't have enough content for full 13 eps
3. Stop being so serious about Yura's delusions
4. Even if this ep had mystic elements why you so bothered. It won't make battles more supernatural
5. I really don't care cause this series is good
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:49   Link #216
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

yes not forget 90% of anime studios put HS is no new therefore made ​​if the person had not we put all the crap on the manga version that nobody would care
because this anime is good
Old 2013-07-26, 22:40   Link #217
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
I had no idea they deviated from the manga until I read this. Interesting choice with the whole changing history thing. Still, not sure if it was actually supernatural or if Yura might just have a mild case of chuunibyou.

That said, if she actually does have some sort of reality manipulation powers, I almost think it would have been more intresting if Yura and perhaps the rest of the C3-bu was trapped in the Genpei war era for an extended period, her only asset being the suddenly-real Skorpion and a very limited supply of ammo- and her suddenly expert aim. That, though, would cause extensive changes in history that could have devastating effects, potentially even negating their own existence.

Still, fanfic potential if nothing else.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 23:07   Link #218
Theo

So we went from Counter-Strike...

...to Back to the Future, Inception, and Shogun 2: Total War.

Infinitely more batshit but more interesting than the manga's plot, so yeah, have at it.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 01:43   Link #219
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... So Yura can retcon history through her imagination....

MOST H4XX CHARACTER OF THE YEAR CONFIRMED

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 09:00   Link #220
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Posted this a few pages back but I figured I might post it again as a reminder after this episode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
the mangaka actually is a gainax employee
I guess I should have seen this coming anyway I enjoyed the hell out of this episode and hope there's more like it.

Tags
airsoft, shojo-ai, sports