Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-27, 05:24   Link #1041
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I still say the note was damaged by Ooishi.
Why didn't you continue that discussion in the spoiler thread and instead restarted it here, especially since you didn't address the last set of objections to your theory?

Spoiler for season 1:
Old 2009-02-27, 11:40   Link #1042
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Why didn't you continue that discussion in the spoiler thread and instead restarted it here, especially since you didn't address the last set of objections to your theory?
What are you taking as your source? I take the original SN as canon, using SF's translation.

Spoiler for season 1:
Old 2009-02-27, 15:33   Link #1043
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still going around and around on the torn note I see.
Old 2009-03-06, 03:14   Link #1044
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

Aye, two different theories here.
Old 2009-03-06, 09:41   Link #1045
rogerpepitone

One of those theories has:
- evidence that the suspect had reason to search the house
- evidence that the suspect benefited from removing those parts of the note
- evidence that the suspect had opportunity to damage the note

One of those theories has:
- no evidence that the suspects had reason to search the house, and evidence that the suspect had reason not to
- no evidence that the suspects would benefit from removing those parts of the note, and evidence that the suspects would be harmed by removing those parts
- no evidence that the suspects so much as entered the Maebara house, and evidence that they had reason not to
Old 2009-03-14, 23:41   Link #1046
destinyorfate333

at the final part where they finally break through fate, i was a bit concerned about tomitake where he was on the phone with some guy we never knew or maybe it was pointless anyway. But when tomitake request emergency investigation of the irie insitute while putting banken on standby, what exactly did that "emergency investigation" do?

From what i've seen nothing really happened at the irie institute until the banken arrived.
Old 2009-03-19, 11:09   Link #1047
maximilianjenus
[E]

They did not physically investigated it, they must have investigated it's founding and other kind of things about it.
Old 2009-03-19, 13:21   Link #1048
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinyorfate333 View Post
at the final part where they finally break through fate, i was a bit concerned about tomitake where he was on the phone with some guy we never knew or maybe it was pointless anyway. But when tomitake request emergency investigation of the irie insitute while putting banken on standby, what exactly did that "emergency investigation" do?

From what i've seen nothing really happened at the irie institute until the banken arrived.
Nothing immediate. The investigation presumably occurred after they suspended the authority of the institution and moved in the Banken to apprehend all its members.
Old 2009-06-12, 15:25   Link #1049
Eryops

Inspired by Umineko, I've developed an anti-fantasy interpretation of Higurashi:

The real world of Higurashi is Saikoroshi-hen; all the other worlds are imaginary. Rika becomes so lonely after losing her friends due to Hinamizawa being about to sink underwater that she imagines a series of worlds where the dam was never built and all her friends stayed with her in Hinamizawa. She starts deluding herself into thinking that she can return to that world by killing someone and ends up murdering her mother and then killing herself in a misguided attempt to reach that ideal world of hers. After all, it's not as if a god that looks like a little girl, a mysterious lethal disease that's only found in a single village and a secret government conspiracy with unlimited resources out to turn that disease into a biological weapon could ever be real.

Higurashi is actually the tragic story of a little girl who retreated into a fantasy world after all her friends moved away and then murdered both her mother and herself trying to reach it.
Old 2009-06-15, 09:57   Link #1050
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
What your saying would match the Rei story line exept for 1 key thing. Rika's mom said shes the incarnation and that Rika would be the next one after she passes away. So if the desease/curse is real is unknown but the reincarnation is true.

You know if Rika wouldnt kill her mom its game over from the entire go back in time point of view cause Hanyuu cant reach Rika to do so. And if the desease is real then when people leave they get ill. Tho nobody that did leave is said to have developed the desease.
(tho the desease isnt a rule i think cause in every arc were there is a survivor it dont seem that survivor fell ill). Rena even went back some day where shes the survivor and she seems to be ok, from medical point of view.

Also why is Hanyuu continuesly apologizing when things go bad?

Perhaps i raise more questions then having answers :P
Old 2009-06-15, 10:06   Link #1051
rogerpepitone

The trigger for the disease isn't leaving Hinamizawa, it's stress.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:28   Link #1052
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Isn't it both?

Old 2009-06-15, 10:29   Link #1053
Ca12nag3

Stress + not being in the company of the reincarnation of Oyashiro, as said when the reincarnation dies the entire village will develope the desease to stage 5 and kill eachother/themselves.

Yet neither Keiichi, Rena or Satoko did so when they were the only survivors. Any way you put it this is an unexplained factor in the entire story.

I understand if people want to toss this aside but still many times its explained that yes the Stress is the trigger when it comes to satoshi or the deranging Keiichi killing friends/family. But its also said that without the reincarnation of Oyashiro the entire vilage would go lvl 5 and die cause of the lack of the feramones that supress this. So why do these survivors not develope the desease?
Old 2009-06-15, 10:32   Link #1054
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, the whole thing related to the Queen's Carrier / Oyashiro's reincarnation is just a myth.
However, people are way too influenced by their faith, so they are easier to get stressed if they go in a paranoid fear regarding their wrathful god. Incidentally, they are also easy soothed by Rika's presence, due to the "status" of reincarnation.

It was NEVER said it was the case, not even close.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:37   Link #1055
Ca12nag3

The raport produced made clear that without the feramones of the Queen carrier the villagers would derrange and go insane without 48 hours. dr. Irie said so himself. Even tho Stress is the main cause of the development to lvl 5. Also the shots developed by the doctor supress the disease as with Satoko but Satoshi already went beyond lvl 5 so hes totaly deranged and its unsure if he'd ever recover.

So if its a myth then how did the supressive reagent get developed by Irie? The only thing that might be Myth etc is Hanyuu/the spirituality but the disease is real.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:40   Link #1056
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

How could they know about it? Think about it: that situation never came to light. They only followed Hifumi's thesis.
And besides, how can you explain that there are so many survivors anyway?
This isn't a report, but a plain result of their research they are pretty far to resolve entirely.

Plus, the VN confirm that, aside of few characters, MOST are alive and well in Watanagashi and Meakashi.

The whole theory regarding the "queen carrier" IS a farce but Takano forced everything to make sure things would go on her terms, that's all.
That is the very reason why there wasn't any disaster plan during these chapters: people realized that even when Rika died, the village didn't turn into a psychosis catastrophe. Therefore, the whole queen theory was smashed to pieces.
Old 2009-06-15, 10:42   Link #1057
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't remember it being explained in the anime that the Carrier Queen bit was only a myth. Is this a game-only thing?

Old 2009-06-15, 10:46   Link #1058
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I don't remember it being explained in the anime that the Carrier Queen bit was only a myth. Is this a game-only thing?
It was much more clear in the game, true enough. However, none of the main characters knew about the truth anyway.

It is something you can conclude if you take in account few elements, especially the complete lack of disaster during Watanagashi and Meakashi (it took at least more than 3-4 days for the police to find "Mion" and Rika's corpse).
The anime was "subtle" and has shown the village "well" despite more than 48 hours have passed (I did some calculations 3 years ago, in the same thread).
Old 2009-06-15, 10:52   Link #1059
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, that's... interesting. I admit I hadn't really paid attention to the dates, like you exposed in that post of yours.
So, I guess you're correct: We still do not know what really triggers the disease, do we?

Old 2009-06-15, 10:57   Link #1060
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The only "official" element we know so far is that the hinamizawa syndrome is a potent pathogen that has an effect on one's neuronal system, increasing the effect of stress (and probably various things around it, like adrenaline).

The paranoia escalate into a circle of more stress, paranoia until you reach hallucinations and murderous intent.
Unless the subject is affected by the H170 serum.