Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-15, 19:00   Link #41
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthelostboy
Suikoden 2 a tale of friendship, betrayel sacrafice and a classic all its own!
Ah! Someone beat me to it!

Suikoden II was the best story ever told in a video game, bar none. For anybody out there who played 3 as their first Suikoden game, go back and find the older ones. 3 was a step forward in graphics, but two steps back in storytelling.

Spoiler:

Chrono Trigger gets honorable mention as the best story on a cartridge, and it has a worthy sequal, although the story to Chrono Cross is convoluted enough to make it hard to follow sometimes. Earthbound was a great game, but hard to take seriously. :P

For all the Final Fantasy debate going on, VI had the most interesting characters, and VII was probably the most original story in the series, but I don't think the series has managed to outdo itself plot-wise since IV (FF2 in the US). Yes, the graphics are old, but the twists in the story are still incredibly cool. And Kain is still the most badass 16-bit sprite ever.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 23:51   Link #42
RockGuitarDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantD
1. FFVI: The game had everything at the time considering it was for snes... The leads were well developed, flashbacks and the world history were well portrayed, very nice twist of events in midgame, and it even had an opera haha.
Too bad no one plays the game cause its outdated.

2. FFVII: Found this very similar to FFVII but had a few too many sidestories and plots. The game itself had alot more to offer then FFVI but most were unnessary to win.

3. Chrono Cross + Trigger: Multiple endings, time travel, changing history?...
need i say more.
FF6 was definately the best game i have ever touched in my life. I have played that game probably a total of 200 hours. I beat it from start to finish at least 4-5 times.
RockGuitarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 18:25   Link #43
Lambda

I've always found the plot in Divi-Dead to be rather impressive.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 23:17   Link #44
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
As for games I've recently played:

AIR: I've only played thru Minagi and Kano's scenarios, and the story told in these scenarios is by far one of the most beautiful and aesthetic stories I've ever read. I've yet to even touch the other two sections of the game that take place after the three girls' scenarios. I guess there's one of the reasons it was one of the top selling bishoujo games in Japan.

Baldr Force: If you can ignore the ero, the way the story is told is really interesting. Depending on which path in the story you decide to take, you get to see the whole picture, one angle at a time. Whether it's from the viewpoint of the terrorist freedom fighters, the insidious corporation or from the military, each viewpoint offers something to think about, and their combination brings together a nice whole.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 00:12   Link #45
Imazul

Chrono Trigger+Radical Dreamers+Chrono Cross

This is the best storyline ever, changing history to save the world creating a time anomaly wichs opens multiple alternate dimensions.

Ok that sounds lame but it really isnt. Those who dont like Cross ovbiously dont understand the whole story. Its actually impossible to understand without the Radical Dreamers part. Its a masterpiece, should become a book.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 20:54   Link #46
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Tsukihime and its affiliated sequels, Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood..... Hands down the greatest story in any game, anime, manga, TV or movie I've personally ever seen.

Incredibly deep but tangible, complex without being confusing, tragic without angst, incredibly humorous and bittersweet at many times. Very life-like characters, all are believable despite the incredible nature of many of them. Delves into philosophy about life, death, and the meaning of our existences, without sounding preachy or corny.

One of the best things I love about Tsukihime is that it's not afraid to go to the extremes if necessary. If a character needs to die for the story to be better, than so be it. There's a sort of raw, unadulterated sense of depth and intensity to the story as a whole. The story's unrestrained and very raw, for the lack of better words.

I love it.
Old 2004-07-19, 21:27   Link #47
SlugZilla
woofles

Eiyuu Densetsu series all have great stories. I finished ED VI: Sora no Kiseki recently and I gotta say it has a great story, and it's great rpg overall. It's a shame there aren't that many rpgs like this on the pc.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 00:47   Link #48
Izlude
Sharingan!

shameless bump for final fantasy tactics. if you havent played this game, run out and buy it right now.

people have already mentioned these but i agree:

xenogears - wow.
ff7
ff8
mgs
chrono cross
suikoden 1 and 2 (3 was...ehhh)
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 02:43   Link #49
Chronissz

The problem with these threads is that people dont care to always post best plot, they just wanna mention all their favorite games plot or no plot.

There have been lotsa posts about games with truly good plots, and it seems in this particular thread most are, just saying that best plot is in the eye of the beholder.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 22:34   Link #50
Denen Hiryu

Welllllllll........................
i surprised no1 has said Silver Star Story Complete and its counterpart Lunar2 :eternal blue............. Both these games are MEGA story line in depth blah blah blah, but ina fun way. for my 3rd fav plot would be um, um, um (not to manny liked this but) Grandstream Saga, i throughtly enjoyed this game ^^
Denen Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 00:13   Link #51
Imazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
The problem with these threads is that people dont care to always post best plot, they just wanna mention all their favorite games plot or no plot.

There have been lotsa posts about games with truly good plots, and it seems in this particular thread most are, just saying that best plot is in the eye of the beholder.
Of course most people wont have the same idea as to what best plot is, I mean even if Gfaqs people vote for FF7 being the greatest game of all time I highly disagree.

Its impossible to find the game with the best plot, because someone will always disagree.

So the thread idea is not to vote on the game with the best plot or show off games you played, but just to tell what games you thought had great plot, y'know, have a discussion and stuff.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 11:20   Link #52
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Well, to shamelessly rehash what other have said, my choices would be:

FFVII
KOTOR
FFX (Sanjuronord pretty much says what I think on the subject)

and a couple new "nominations" if you will:

Skies of Arcadia

I was gonna say the Shenmue series, but the actual plot is rather bland. Its the detailed world that makes it come alive, rather than brilliant writing.

Same with Max Payne. If you look at the plot on its own, its nothing special, but the game plays it out well.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 14:08   Link #53
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
I will hve to go with Xenosaga ep1, FFVI and FFVII, and Chorno Cross and Chrno Trigger.

Xenosaga is a story with a game on the side. For me...it's unique to spend the whole time watching a story and little time playing the game. I just don't like the fact that they will be changing the character designs for Ep 2.

FF6 is what got me addicted to the final fantasy world (I played it when it was FF3 on SNES). It had alot of game play (a time when there were like 0 side quests), extensive amounts of characters each with their own history and personality. The plot was well done b/c it touched on everyone's past and showed you why they were fighting for the cause. I also loved Kefka by the half way point.

FF7 was just emotional. I was left speechless when Aeris met her end. It also created another villian for me to love. The story was pretty well developed that just sucked you in and made you feel the emotion that the characters would be going through. I didn't like the semi-cliffhanger ending but I guess the movie will clear some things up...hopefully.

Chrono Trigger was fasinating with the different time periods you ventured to. I loved how it showed how the actions of the past affect the future. The multiple ways to the final boss was interesting also. It was just pretty in-depth with all the time periods and the reasoning why something happened.

Chrono Cross wasn't that bad. I think that some of the characters could've been explained a little better. The transfer points were scarce which was a pain when switching worlds. I did like how the story related to Chrono Trigger and some of the events in there.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 15:21   Link #54
spedz_fx
Begin Activation!

Send a message via MSN to spedz_fx
i'm sorry but i like phantasy star (not on-line thats blasphame) but the original 4 were good (well 3 was errrrr) like ff 7 i also like shining force and the good old forgotten realms (boy am i gonna get flammed for that sorry thought we where goining on about RPG'S)
spedz_fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 16:06   Link #55
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Phantasy Star Online was a decent game spedz_fx, there was just no reason for it to be called Phantasy Star thats all.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 16:34   Link #56
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Tactics has a good story. It's not like, Shakespeare or anything, but it's good.

Xenogears has an ok story. It gets really freaking annoying as a game once you hit the 2nd disc, and it's just a whole lot of text.

Star Control II had an excellent story. Humorous, epic, and a side-race who were a bunch of hot space chicks who flew around in spaceships called "Penetrators".

My favorite storyline, because it's more grounded in reality and feasibility than most is the plot from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. In Civ I-III your peaceful end goal is to get your colonists on the first spacecraft to hit Alpha Centauri (The nearest habitable solar system.)

SMAC is the story of the colonists who got there. They fragment into factions, fighting each other, and ultimately, what they realize is a sentient planet.

The flavor text behind every unit, every world wonder, and every research discovery is fantastic. Some of the best writing I've ever seen in a game.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 23:59   Link #57
Bloodrage256
Naruto Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Bloodrage256 Send a message via MSN to Bloodrage256
I'd say:

1. Final Fantasy VII : This game is so fun, I get tempted to play this game every day! The plot is unforgetable, they try so many things in this game that make me enjoy it even more.
the Unique-ness:
-Cloud is gay, Well in Japanese Version he is
- All the mind blowing twists
- You get a clean look at every characters background.

It's just so fun to play, so many extra things to do! And the plot makes other plots look impudent.
Bloodrage256 is offline   Reply With Quote