AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 49 Rating
Perfect 10 20 45.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 6.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-21, 08:39   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 49 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 49.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-03-21, 10:25   Link #2
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

That was amazing as usual. The story, pacing, and character development never ceases to impress me in this adaptation, can't wait to see the next episode

Spoiler for after ending credits scene:
Old 2010-03-21, 11:01   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Nicely done action packed first part, and the slows down pacing worked really well in the second have. Shame the eyecatch spoiled who'd be returning this episode though.
Old 2010-03-21, 11:28   Link #4
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
OMG! Kimblee's BACK!
Old 2010-03-21, 14:41   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh and i forgo to mention, we get two new pieces of music!
Old 2010-03-21, 15:51   Link #6
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh and i forgo to mention, we get two new pieces of music!
The music placement was great and for some reason I can't get enough of the OP song. What's the name of the OP song anyways?

Another great episode and it kept me at the edge of my seat. Everything seems to be unfolding now and things will only get more action-packed from here on On another note, Pride is one evil antagonist.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-21, 15:58   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
What's the name of the OP song anyways?
The song is called Period, and it's by the band Chemistry. Do love it quite a bit, and it's easily my favorite OP out of the four we've seen so far. Can't wait for the fifth in a few weeks.
Old 2010-03-21, 16:35   Link #8
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
The song is called Period, and it's by the band Chemistry. Do love it quite a bit, and it's easily my favorite OP out of the four we've seen so far. Can't wait for the fifth in a few weeks.
Thanks once again I'll be sad to see this song go but I'll enjoy it in the meanwhile. Hopefully the next OP will be just as good, if not, better.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-21, 17:47   Link #9
Vicious108

Amazing episode. This huge Pride battle was one of my favorite action sequences in the manga, and I must say the anime has done it complete justice. Very well animated all around.

The finish being of course the best part. Hohenheim's most badass moment: "Don't ever mock my son" ftw. I just wish Unshou Ishizuka's delivery had been a little more intense but oh well, at least it got a new epic and fitting BGM.

Pride development was very nice too, though I wish they'd kept him tripping over Al's head.

Kimblee eyecatch was SLICK, but they really shouldn't have spoiled his return like that. That eyecatch should have gone to Hohenheim.

Greedling's 'gonna rule the world' moment was great too, though the final shot still wasn't as epic as the manga's panel.

Well regardless of those details it was still one of the best episodes in the series and I can only hope that they'll keep up this quality as we enter the glorious final arc.
Old 2010-03-21, 17:50   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The finish being of course the best part. Hohenheim's most badass moment: "Don't ever mock my son" ftw.
Along with that line, i also enjoyed hearing "The hero always arrives fashionable late".
Old 2010-03-21, 17:58   Link #11
ChronoReverse

I like the way the anime uses a perspective that really shows how huge the structure Hohenheim created was. It makes it a bit more impressive beyond the whole not even needing to move part.
Old 2010-03-21, 18:03   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to agree the current OP is definitely my favourite for the series so far. It is a good song for this part of the series since the action is really moving along.

Damn Pride really is one heck of a villain. Will have to agree with those who said he'd get up there. I mean asking if he could eat Greed like Gluttony was pretty creepy. The animation really worked well with those expressions.

Hohenheim is one cool character. Just shows the respect he gets from Pride. Instead of keeping an eye on the others he pulls in everything in preparation for whatever that guy is planning. Great how he gets him to snap again with that desperate last attack. A good lesson is not to mock his sons.
Old 2010-03-21, 18:21   Link #13
Haladflire65
*Artist

Awesome epi, I'm really loving Pride way too much nowadays... Hohenheim, too. They're pretty epic.

It's even more exciting to see Mustang carry out his plans animated! Good cliffhanger, too, but it seemed kind of anticlimatic to see it after the ED sequence.
Old 2010-03-21, 21:29   Link #14
Vicious108

Quote:
Along with that line, i also enjoyed hearing "The hero always arrives fashionable late".
Which reminds me, they removed Ed getting pissed off at that line. Not cool.
Old 2010-03-21, 22:52   Link #15
Buttercup~
<3 ice cream!

Quote:
The finish being of course the best part. Hohenheim's most badass moment: "Don't ever mock my son" ftw. I just wish Unshou Ishizuka's delivery had been a little more intense but oh well, at least it got a new epic and fitting BGM.

Pride development was very nice too, though I wish they'd kept him tripping over Al's head.

I loved that line too =) hehe* Made me really start to like Hohenheim's character.

As for Pride... I really didn't like him AT ALL after last week's episode, but when he had his talk with Al, I felt he was more humane and I gave him some empathy points ^^'' I never thought he'd talk about liking his "mother" but I found him a lot more likable and cute when he playing with Al's head haha! I'm interested to see how they get out >_>

Maybe I'm just super slow or my memory's TERRIBLE, but I totally drew a blank when Denny showed up at the end O_O I didn't not recognize him at ALL.... had to wiki him lol T_T
Old 2010-03-21, 23:55   Link #16
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup~ View Post
Maybe I'm just super slow or my memory's TERRIBLE, but I totally drew a blank when Denny showed up at the end O_O I didn't not recognize him at ALL.... had to wiki him lol T_T
Nah it's not you, it's only natural. It didn't help that they refered to him as Denny when he'd always been called Sergeant Brosh in his previous appearances.
Old 2010-03-22, 02:38   Link #17
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
The worse is yet to come to me (If you're felt shocked about the Cliffhanger ED after credits rolled, just skip it already. End of story.).
Old 2010-03-22, 04:27   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Which reminds me, they removed Ed getting pissed off at that line. Not cool.
Yeah that was a huge shame. Yet again a little scene is removed that i'm sure they think will ruin the mood of the scene.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-03-22 at 06:46.
Old 2010-03-22, 08:01   Link #19
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome episode. I'm disappointed with Greed, but I shouldn't have expected much from him. I totally forgot about Kimblee. And the earth moving to make a dome was awesome, really really awesome.

Quote:
Yeah that was a huge shame. Yet again a little scene is removed that i'm sure they think will ruin the mood of the scene.
That definitely would have changed the mood and removed the "bad ass" air that's in the area.
Old 2010-03-22, 08:22   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That definitely would have changed the mood and removed the "bad ass" air that's in the area.
It doesn't change or remove anything in the manga, though by that time in the manga you're used to these little scenes happening.