AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-19, 00:47   Link #8321
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@meister: you may face skepticism on the "3 rafael units" part.
All of the Foundation's IS are Rafales upgraded with Vandam spare parts; that's at least a good 60. The rest of the EU have easy access to Rafales, adding another 30 odd units. Russia is a heavy buyer of Rafales, adding another 30 odd. And the US army uses Rafales together with their stock designs from Stark Industries as the Heavy Weapons Girl, carrying large caliber IS weapons from FN.

So [Rafales are the most popular unit in the world], but they aren't all owned by France.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:49   Link #8322
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So [Rafales are the most popular unit in the world], but they aren't all owned by France.
But how about Uchigane? It was THE most popular unit, Rafale was the THIRD in Canon.

Oh wait, it's Fanon.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:49   Link #8323
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@meister & zero: nicely said you have my respect.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:51   Link #8324
HasuMasu
*Artist

The only regret I have is that I was eventually planning on using Toy Box eventually.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:51   Link #8325
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Meister: You forgot about canon!

Rafales are the third most popular unit! The first might be the Uchigane.

And the second is unknown. Which makes it perfect for fanon substitutes!
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:52   Link #8326
Eratas123

@ Rain - In Shadow, it's nearly the same. The only difference is the fact that if you smash it or tamper with it, a self defense activates that could kill the person who tries unless they're either pilots or authorized personnel. Irish's group found out about this the hard way when one of the members who shot the core ended up getting blasted as it got destroyed.

However, they found a loophole. The Skull suit is a pilot suit so they can have the wearer (Irish) be able to get close enough to it and tamper with it so it can get shut down manually. However, if he makes a mistake, the core will still blast him and injure him.

The skull suit resists energy blasts so, no matter what happened, the one who tampers with it doesn't risk dying. They make Irish do it since they all agreed (sans Joshua who considered it too cruel to let a child risk injury. Nobody listened because everyone, Irish included, agreed to the setup) that the loss of risk of death was worth it.

Irish also has the most knowledge on the cores since he spent a year of his childhood figuring out it's maintenance ad repair

@ Everyone - The second unit is probably some kind of walking tank armed with missiles and gatling guns
Old 2011-11-19, 00:55   Link #8327
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Everyone - The second unit is probably some kind of walking tank armed with missiles and gatling guns
And being produced by USA.

In mine it's a multipurpose unit (not MODULAR unit as in Rafale), it's really Jack of all Trades.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:56   Link #8328
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Box: Toy Box refers to the [Copernicus], but really its a nickname given to any sufficiently advanced warship. Like the carrier USS Enterprise was once called Toy Box too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
But how about Uchigane? It was THE most popular unit, Rafale was the THIRD in Canon.
It was?! What the. I thought you guys said the Uchigane was a stupid design. Why the hell is it so popular?!

Okay, that means after this fact check:

>Russia buys Uchigane
>EU has Rafales and Uchigane.
>US has Rafale special weapon platforms along with Stark's Iron Maiden massproduction IS.
>The Foundation remains the largest buyer of Rafales, as the Vandam parts fit them the best.

That should make the numbers appear that the Rafales are 3rd, Uchigane 1st, and Iron Maidens 2nd. Of course, I'm risking myself in saying that the Iron Maiden is 2nd on the charts.

@EVERYONE:

HIVE MIND on the 2nd most common! The Iron Maiden is multipurpose. Stark wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 2011-11-19, 00:56   Link #8329
Eratas123

@ Zero - And it just so happens to be colored red, white, and blue.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:56   Link #8330
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Makes sense. The explosion would be like a concentrated blast from a starlight rifle, since the beams of the starlight rifle are made of BT energy.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:58   Link #8331
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It was?! What the. I thought you guys said the Uchigane was a stupid design. Why the hell is it so popular?!

Okay, that means after this fact check:

>Russia buys Uchigane
>EU has Rafales and Uchigane.
>US has Rafale special weapon platforms along with Stark's Iron Maiden massproduction IS.
>The Foundation remains the largest buyer of Rafales, as the Vandam parts fit them the best.

That should make the numbers appear that the Rafales are 3rd, Uchigane 1st, and Iron Maidens 2nd. Of course, I'm risking myself in saying that the Iron Maiden is 2nd on the charts.

@EVERYONE:

HIVE MIND on the 2nd most common! The Iron Maiden is multipurpose. Stark wouldn't have it any other way!
Uchigane ain't suck, it was nerfed for training purpose because high performance I.S. = hard to control.

Quote:
Damn you-
Old 2011-11-19, 00:59   Link #8332
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ignore this post if it's too much of a bother but...

Is it a pattern that Byakushiki and Silver Gospel are the first two units that have gone into 2nd shift in canon?

I mean I was thinking about my earlier conjectures of IS "shifting" when they reach an operational limit which the frame cannot support. If I remember right, Byakushiki only had yukihira and Silver Gospel only had its wings. If we take into consideration both units only had a single weapon each then doesn't that make it easier for them to reach the operational limit and thus force the IS to 2nd shift?

If we take this into account, then doesn't that make all other IS with a boatload of weapons(both preset and equalizers) take a long time to 2nd shift, if never?
Old 2011-11-19, 01:00   Link #8333
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
JARVIS: Are you sure about this, Mr. Stark? I always believed you had a much better sense of style.

Stark: ...you know what? Throw some hot red on it.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:01   Link #8334
Eratas123

@ Rain - The core itself is a suicide bomb. If the pilot doesn't want to get taken alive or let the core be taken, just smash it and the enemy might go down with you in the blast.

Can you think of a reason for FRACTURE to try to conscript Irish instead of just killing him? Considering he nearly killed one of their best agents in a knife fight.

@ demino_hellsin - The weapons don't matter. It depends on how in sync the pilot is with the machine that determines it's speed of evolution.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:03   Link #8335
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Ignore this post if it's too much of a bother but...

Is it a pattern that Byakushiki and Silver Gospel are the first two units that have gone into 2nd shift in canon?

I mean I was thinking about my earlier conjectures of IS "shifting" when they reach an operational limit which the frame cannot support. If I remember right, Byakushiki only had yukihira and Silver Gospel only had its wings. If we take into consideration both units only had a single weapon each then doesn't that make it easier for them to reach the operational limit and thus force the IS to 2nd shift?

If we take this into account, then doesn't that make all other IS with a boatload of weapons(both preset and equalizers) take a long time to 2nd shift, if never?
Makes sense, the theory used in my fic is a little different though. Mine based on Trinity system that Core, Frame, and Pilot MUST be at same level for I.S. to operate efficiently. Pinned hard in the corner will force the I.S. to evolve faster, but there's risk of instability.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:10   Link #8336
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Uchigane ain't suck, it was nerfed for training purpose because high performance I.S. = hard to control.
Hmm...

Private: Colonel! The Uchigane pilot somehow managed to disarm the limiters! She's using it at full power!!

Colonel: What?! She's going to get herself killed!!

Riz's ISper powers awaken.

Awesome asskicking ensues.

More plot bunnies for Vandam.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:11   Link #8337
demino_hellsin
That one guy

However syncing with the IS remains to be a vague concept. I can't even imagine how syncing can perform an up shift.

One-off ability makes sense because both unit and pilot are giving their best to one another and thus reach a somewhat consensus.

Has it been stated in canon that syncing affects shifting? If so how? so I can adjust my theories.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:13   Link #8338
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Agreed, in mine however...

Houki: "With Uchigane, there's no way I can win...."

Madoka: "Fu-fu-fu... let's see if module booster and energy shield from Kurogane can fit...also, let's remove the limiter shall we..."

Houki: "?!"

@Demino

First Shift requires high sync, Pilot and I.S. created a harmony where they can work together efficiently. One-off ability as well requires FULL sync (admittedly hard to obtain) hence why it's usually manifested at Second Shift, as the pilot has better understanding of the I.S. and vice versa.

Of course, Ranking system only apply to a SINGLE Training machine, so I would not surprised that CHifuyu said it wasn't important. On the other hand, Cecilia was chosen as BT pilot due to her Aptitude with BT.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:14   Link #8339
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Sync rate is the reason that determines whether you become a personal user or not. The countries only get the candidate with the highest sync rate since they have an easier time adapting to the unit.
Old 2011-11-19, 01:19   Link #8340
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If I stick to my basis that IS is the pinnacle of tech and it is more or less downgrading itself to a level humans and the frames. There are only 2 outcomes of what IS synchronicity can mean. Natural selection of those with capacity to become the equivalent of the IS, a perfect human. Or the IS AI is just deciding whether it likes you or not :P

I feel Natasha Fairs may be a decent example of the latter, though I have no idea what her IS sync score is.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest