Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 20:17   Link #781
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Both times? You mean she wore it twice? Dang, I can't believe I couldn't even remember she wore it once, much less twice. But yeah, if you wanna go for completeness you could include her funeral outfit. I can't imagine many people would consider that her favorite outfit though

How do you mean exactly? I don't know jack about fashion If you're talking about a style specifically you can forget it, but on a general observation...hmm, I imagine she would like outfits that aren't too glamorous or dressy. Just something that looks nice and pretty on her. Also, it can't show too much skin and the clothing can't be too tight. She's a good girl after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
@ Nobody: yep, I think maybe more than twice actually, but the two big times were when she kissed Lelouch and then at the very end of Turn 12.

@ Tr3adst0ne: Hmm... Well, like the others have said, nothing too glamorous. But she's still got a very feminine style, which is pretty and modest. She knows how to dress so that she looks good, but not innappropriate. If you mean what specific types of clothes she would wear regularly, I'd say the anime showed that pretty well. She seems more like a skirt/dress type. But since she also has a sporty side and is down to earth, she probably wears jeans and tee shirts too. Is that what you meant?

@ Sol: I've always loved that pic and that outfit on her. I really wish we couldve seen it animated.
Thanks, I think that was what I meant to ask, since the fic I'm working has a scene where some shopping takes place in Omotesando Mall. And yes, Shirley does make an appearance.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 20:27   Link #782
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Thanks, I think that was what I meant to ask, since the fic I'm working has a scene where some shopping takes place in Omotesando Mall. And yes, Shirley does make an appearance.
No problem~

That sounds cool, if you need anymore help with their fashion, you can ask me. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 20:29   Link #783
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
No problem~

That sounds cool, if you need anymore help with their fashion, you can ask me. I'd be happy to help.
I'll make note of that.
Old 2009-07-07, 01:09   Link #784
Nobodyman9
Banned

@ginran: Hmm, yeah the more and more I think about it, the more I can imagine her wearing jeans. And I can imagine they would look damn sexy on her. Ooh, how jean short-shorts?

@Tr3adst0ne: Not sure how much help I could be in the fashion department, but if you ever need any help with your fic I'd be happy to lend my assistance
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 03:11   Link #785
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
@ginran: Hmm, yeah the more and more I think about it, the more I can imagine her wearing jeans. And I can imagine they would look damn sexy on her. Ooh, how jean short-shorts?

@Tr3adst0ne: Not sure how much help I could be in the fashion department, but if you ever need any help with your fic I'd be happy to lend my assistance
I'll make note of that, as well.
Old 2009-07-07, 10:09   Link #786
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
See? You can just picture it the more you think about it! Lol I'd imagine they would look great on her~ lol, yea, jean shorts work too! XD but never too short, Shirley is a good girl! I know you know that though.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 14:19   Link #787
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
See? You can just picture it the more you think about it! Lol I'd imagine they would look great on her~ lol, yea, jean shorts work too! XD but never too short, Shirley is a good girl! I know you know that though.
Ha ha, well when you use your imagination the possibilities are endless.

Anyway, change of subject. A topic that came up while I was talking with Synae in the Romance Thread. Did you see Shirley's death coming and/or do you think it was inevitable?

As I've told Synae I was actually quite the optimist and I seriously did not expect for her to die. Maybe it's because I sort of jumped from the middle of R1 and then started spoiling myself for R2 around the time of her death, but it just caught me completely offguard. I did know about Euphie's death and a good deal of some of the tragedy that had gone on in the show already, and I actually remember thinking to myself at the end of Turn 12 (before I heard about the spoilers) that the show was just so tragic that Shirley would probably die, but I didn't expect it to actually happen. So yeah, that's my experience.
Old 2009-07-07, 16:58   Link #788
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Good ol' Kill 'em All has left quite a mark on pretty much anything Sunrise produces, lol.
Old 2009-07-07, 23:42   Link #789
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Good ol' Kill 'em All has left quite a mark on pretty much anything Sunrise produces, lol.
Really? Hmm, well I can't speak for other series since I haven't very many of Sunrise's shows, but I think Code Geass was fairly toned down as far as deaths. I was actually expecting a lot more people to die, especially at the end of the show. All the more sad that Shirley was one of the few that had to die

Anyway, another new discussion. It's now been confirmed that Shirley (along with Lelouch, C.C., and Rolo) is going to have her own commentary/monolgue in the Code Geass: Zero Requiem DVD. So, what do you all think we can expect from her? Think her narrative will offer anything new or will it just rehash what we already know? And how do you think the narrative will be presented?
Old 2009-07-07, 23:52   Link #790
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Anyway, another new discussion. It's now been confirmed that Shirley (along with Lelouch, C.C., and Rolo) is going to have her own commentary/monolgue in the Code Geass: Zero Requiem DVD. So, what do you all think we can expect from her? Think her narrative will offer anything new or will it just rehash what we already know? And how do you think the narrative will be presented?
I expect a comment on Rolo's death, as well as the obvious commenting on the finale.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:00   Link #791
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I expect a comment on Rolo's death, as well as the obvious commenting on the finale.
You expect Shirley to comment on Rolo's death and the finale?
Old 2009-07-08, 00:14   Link #792
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
You expect Shirley to comment on Rolo's death and the finale?
If it's actually commentary, I assume it's likely. Then again, this being the ZR DVD, Rolo's death probably won't be in it. The latter, at least.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:27   Link #793
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
If it's actually commentary, I assume it's likely. Then again, this being the ZR DVD, Rolo's death probably won't be in it. The latter, at least.
Hmm, well I'm just wondering how that would work. I mean, I assume it's going to be the actual characters commenting, so I would think it might be kind of odd for Shirley to comment on Rolo's death since she was already dead. But I guess they could break the suspension of disbelief and still do it.

And the ZR DVD is supposed to be a 2 hour recap. I think that's plenty of time to show Rolo's death, especially considering it was a pretty important moment.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:32   Link #794
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
This DVD seems like kind of a lazy way for Sunrise to make a buck...

Come on, Gundam has drifted into Super Robot territory recently, especially with the Magical GN Pixie Dust spraying Gundam 00-Raiser. Let's bring back the Real Robots with some Code Geass AUs!

I enjoyed the hell out of every single Knightmare fight in CG season one. When they all started flying, I was too busy searching for the Picard facepalm jpeg to watch the rest.

Guys? Guys? Seriously guys... they make aerospace fighters for a reason, guys!
Old 2009-07-08, 00:34   Link #795
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Hmm, well I'm just wondering how that would work. I mean, I assume it's going to be the actual characters commenting, so I would think it might be kind of odd for Shirley to comment on Rolo's death since she was already dead. But I guess they could break the suspension of disbelief and still do it.

And the ZR DVD is supposed to be a 2 hour recap. I think that's plenty of time to show Rolo's death, especially considering it was a pretty important moment.
It's odd for either of them to be commenting on ZR in the first place, what with both being dead.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:01   Link #796
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
This DVD seems like kind of a lazy way for Sunrise to make a buck...

Come on, Gundam has drifted into Super Robot territory recently, especially with the Magical GN Pixie Dust spraying Gundam 00-Raiser. Let's bring back the Real Robots with some Code Geass AUs!

I enjoyed the hell out of every single Knightmare fight in CG season one. When they all started flying, I was too busy searching for the Picard facepalm jpeg to watch the rest.

Guys? Guys? Seriously guys... they make aerospace fighters for a reason, guys!
Well, it's not like this is anything new. That had a Black Rebellion DVD after season 1 and, well, Code Geass is such a successful franchise that how could they not milk it for all it's worth? And if it gives us some new material, then super.

I'm actually not very familiar with Gundam, so I can't comment on that, but I will agree that some of the KMF fights were hella confusing. Honestly, I'm not sure if giant robots were meant to fight, especially in hand-to-hand combat (see Transformers)

Quote:
It's odd for either of them to be commenting on ZR in the first place, what with both being dead.
Very good point. Unless of course the commentaries are dispersed and Rolo and Shirley only comment on the material that comes before their deaths. Well, whatever it is I'm sure it'll be great (...well, I hope so)

Anyway, logical or not, I would love to hear Shirley's comments on the events that came after her death. And actually I think it would be really cool if we got an apology for killing Shirley on the Rolo commentarty. If that happened I would totally forgive him (probably)
Old 2009-07-08, 05:07   Link #797
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:

There's always the dead making comments from the skies above us. :P

Quote:
Well, it's not like this is anything new. That had a Black Rebellion DVD after season 1 and, well, Code Geass is such a successful franchise that how could they not milk it for all it's worth? And if it gives us some new material, then super.

I'm actually not very familiar with Gundam, so I can't comment on that, but I will agree that some of the KMF fights were hella confusing. Honestly, I'm not sure if giant robots were meant to fight, especially in hand-to-hand combat (see Transformers)

Very good point. Unless of course the commentaries are dispersed and Rolo and Shirley only comment on the material that comes before their deaths. Well, whatever it is I'm sure it'll be great (...well, I hope so)

Anyway, logical or not, I would love to hear Shirley's comments on the events that came after her death. And actually I think it would be really cool if we got an apology for killing Shirley on the Rolo commentarty. If that happened I would totally forgive him (probably)
As for giant robots? Well, as long as they don't do choreography like
Michael Bay's then I'm all game.

Quote:
Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain, anyone?
Old 2009-07-08, 22:52   Link #798
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
There's always the dead making comments from the skies above us. :P
Ha ha, yeah I guess that is always a possiblity. I suppose that would prove though that, in the Geass world, people at least maintain their consciousness after they die.

Quote:
As for giant robots? Well, as long as they don't do choreography like
Michael Bay's then I'm all game.
If by choreography you mean random collisions and explosions, then yeah. I think real choreography would be desirable by comparison.

Quote:
Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain, anyone?
Not that Cowboy Bebop had a very large cast or anything. But I suppose there were a lot of deaths as far as villains and characters of the week. Never saw Wolf's Rain.

So yeah. ZR DVD. About two and a half weeks from now. Can't wait. Hopefully Shirley's commentary will be good. Hmm, maybe we'll get some commentary on the Sayoko kiss. I wonder if she ever figured out it wasn't Lelouch.
Old 2009-07-08, 23:20   Link #799
azul120

Cowboy Bebop was more Shinichiro Watanabe's baby, no?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 23:46   Link #800
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Cowboy Bebop was more Shinichiro Watanabe's baby, no?
Indeed it was, but Sunrise still animated it. I guess it all depends on what terms you choose for a series belonging to Sunrise.