AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-03-11, 17:47   Link #21
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, how does this connect with the first movie again? I thought I remembered it being pretty closed ended.
Well, it's simple. In the wake of the first movie, Disney decided to destroy the plot and sell it via half-ass visuals and sex appeal, rather than follow on to what made the first film good.

Hope that helps.^^
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 17:53   Link #22
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Fufufufu, she stole my hair And the boots are

I'm in for this movie, no matter the plot
You need to let her know there can be only one and challenge her to lightcycle duel.
Old 2010-03-11, 18:10   Link #23
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
You need to let her know there can be only one and challenge her to lightcycle duel.
That is an excellent idea, hope I can get a neo pink lightcycle.
Old 2010-03-11, 18:16   Link #24
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Meh, great, the suits look half-ass. It's like they aren't even putting half the effort into them that the first movie did, and instead trying to sell it on sex appeal.

Dammit, Disney, do you even know what made the first film so great? Obviously not, because you seem intent on mutilating all the good things, and using sex to sell.
If Jeff Bridges approves of this particular sequel (considering he was also in the first movie) then there shouldn't be any reason to worry imho.

I'm just sayin'
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 18:52   Link #25
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
That is an excellent idea, hope I can get a neo pink lightcycle.
LMAO best quote of the day

I will most def have to find some nice screen screen shots and make a siggy
Old 2010-03-15, 22:41   Link #26
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I've never seen the original TRON, but I really want to, now. I remember my mentees' IT professor back in 2007 talking about this film quite a bit. He was debating whether to show THX 1138 or TRON to the class, and he ended up showing THX 1138.

I've been watching the TRON: Legacy trailer a lot lately. It just looks so ridiculously cool. And the picture posted above... damn does that girl look hot.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 06:55   Link #27
master_buten

another 3D movie i think led lights on clothes will soon be popular, i saw one last time i am at the mall, quite ridiculous but unique it is so i bet it will be a fad soon enough...
master_buten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 21:46   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_buten View Post
another 3D movie i think led lights on clothes will soon be popular, i saw one last time i am at the mall, quite ridiculous but unique it is so i bet it will be a fad soon enough...
I direct you to thinkgeek.com for activated t-shirts with built-in electronics.... the "wifi field strength" shirt, for example.
Old 2010-07-23, 04:07   Link #29
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Tron wows Comic-Con with 8-minute footage

Quote:
San Diego (July 22, Thu): The follow-up film to 1982's Tron wowed the high-tech crowd at Comic-Con.

The cast and creators of Tron: Legacy discussed the new film and shared about eight minutes of 3-D footage with some 6,000 fans at the annual pop-culture convention today. (New trailer from Comic-Con 2010 here.)

The clip centred on the character of Sam Flynn, played by Garrett Hedlund, entering the digital world where his father disappeared decades earlier. Hedlund is shown being whisked away from the real world, stripped of his clothes and dressed in the glowing suit that has become a symbol of the Tron world.

Oscar winner Jeff Bridges, who reprises his role as Kevin Flynn from the original film, said, "we were working with black velvet and white adhesive tape" back in the 1980s. Now, however, the actors wore custom-made illuminated suits wired with electricity during filming, which was done entirely in 3-D, using cameras developed by James Cameron.

Bridges actually plays two characters in Tron: Legacy, including a younger version of himself achieved with computer effects.

Director Joe Kosinski thanked Comic-Con fans for helping make the Tron sequel a reality. He said fan reaction to early sketches from the new film at Comic-Con two years ago helped secure funding for Tron: Legacy.

AP
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 10:39   Link #30
Kaijo
Banned

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I liked the look of the first Tron movie, and wish they had gone with a slightly updated version of that look. The new Tron computer world looks too.... real world. The first Tron had a decent amount of humor (wondering if they'll have "Bit" again, heh), but this one looks more... dramatic.

I'll probably end up watching it, but I don't think it can live up to the old one.
Old 2010-10-26, 22:13   Link #31
solomon

Daft punk soundtrack

Ok, I was like whatever at first despite the visuals

But two things put me over the top.

Daft Punk and Olivia Wilde, sign me up for December!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Afc2uzw4g
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 23:26   Link #32
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I am planning to go see this movie with my friend named Trong(pronounced Tron) and what's with Hollywood bringing back the old stuff? First A team and now Tron
Old 2010-10-27, 04:21   Link #33
solomon

This actually makes sense though.

Tron was ahead of it's time and can only benefit from a reevisioning. Stuff like the A-Team is generic fluff on it's own when you take away the dated charm of it, that's the 80s so keep it 80s. That's the real problem with most retreads.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 04:25   Link #34
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
This actually makes sense though.

Tron was ahead of it's time and can only benefit from a reevisioning. Stuff like the A-Team is generic fluff on it's own when you take away the dated charm of it, that's the 80s so keep it 80s. That's the real problem with most retreads.
I want to keep faith in Tron because what you said is true and it can only benefit from a remake. However, I thought the same for Star Wars as well before, considering the ideas and sfx from those movies were certainly ahead of its time. I was sad to know that I was gravely mistaken.... D=
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 09:04   Link #35
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I finally watched the original for the first time about a week ago. Definitely agree that TRON can only benefit from an update.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 11:20   Link #36
Kaijo
Banned

It could benefit from an update, but somehow, I don't see them putting in the effort to make it as good as the original. Like I said, I don't expect to see Bit again, nor any of the humor the first had.
Old 2010-11-12, 14:44   Link #37
Nerroth
NePoi!

I had a look at the 2-part Tron: Betrayal comic tie-in; it's set after the events of the original movie, but (I guess) before those in the Tron: Evolution game; itself a lead-in to Tron: Legacy itself.

For me, at least, the comic sets some very interesting ideas up for the later stories; though I'm not entirely sure how 'canon' Betrayal is relative to any of the other works.

Still, so far as how well the movie might turn out, time will tell.
Old 2010-12-03, 23:33   Link #38
Lilith
Your average fangirl

I didn't see the original movie and hated the "Tron World" in Kingdom Hearts. But the computer engineer in me might force me to see it just for the IT nerdyness.

Anyway, it looks promising. Disney is on a roll, because Tangles was awesome! *looks for a thread*
Old 2010-12-04, 16:45   Link #39
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Saw the promo for this while I was watching Tangled, and I have to say it looks very cool. Hard to really judge a full movie from a few seconds/minutes, but it's definitely something I'll be checking out, if only to fully understand why they had a world based off it in Kingdom Hearts.
Old 2010-12-05, 00:00   Link #40
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Never saw the original movie, so that might be why I thought this one looked freaking awesome.

Or maybe it's because I'm a sucker for digital/robotic-themed action.~

Either way, it's Disney, and what could Disney possibly do wrong? =)

Tags
movie, movies