Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 12:19   Link #241
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, Week 4 is pretty rough...

... unless you're Saber. Thrice Setting Sun is broken.
That skill saved my butt every single boss fight...This is the first RPG in years where I lost to Cannon Fodder.
Old 2011-11-14, 23:16   Link #242
majestix1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well I'll give you some help, Archer will almost always guard first turn. He'll use his poison arrow second turn so if you use the codecast hack there you'll usually force him to keep using it if he wants to poison you. So if you see Skill on the second slot it's the poison ability. If he isn't using that, then he's likely using the other cast which if I remember right will be in the 4th slot. His NP just enhances poison damage so make sure you remove poisons with remedy if you ever get hit.

Just make sure you're always hitting at least the target level for the week. Also make sure to get Matrix E info on your opponent every week.

If you're having a lot of problem with Archer, you'll have a blast with Berserker / Lancer fights later on. I think it took me about 30-40 reloads to beat Berserker on my Caster playthrough.
another tips: grind more just dont stick at required level(sometimes its good high level than required level)

just have lot of patience on grinding~
Old 2011-11-15, 11:13   Link #243
LostHanyou

Grind? Real men don't grind

WE DEPLOY TACTICAL HYDRA STRIKES AT ZERG HIVE!

I recently beat Archer, he got pretty easy once poison didn't trigger every time even when I guarded.
Main PC is so moe~! Screw the side characters I'm having her stay alive.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:02   Link #244
Twi

Leo's Saber is a jerk sometimes...yet, I want FSN Saber, FZ Berserker, and him to all throw down.
Old 2011-11-18, 00:07   Link #245
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think the real game starts at week 4++. I suggest you start to grind at week 3/4 because it'll get harder afterwards...well, except if you have the 'cheat sheet', you can just look at it to find out your opponent's pattern

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:18   Link #246
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I think the real game starts at week 4++. I suggest you start to grind at week 3/4 because it'll get harder afterwards...well, except if you have the 'cheat sheet', you can just look at it to find out your opponent's pattern
If you're talking about that jp site, I found it better not to bother using that because it actually doesn't have all the combinations so I got killed trying to follow it. Instead I just paid really close attention to what the opponents do since the enemies will follow pretty much the same patterns as when you fight them before the elimination fight so you can get a pretty good general idea of their pattern and then add on to that the level E matrix giving you 2-3 slots, you should have a good general idea of what they'll do.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:40   Link #247
Twi

I just record the combinations as I go.
They have about 6 patterns, but they can change some individual portions, like using Attack instead of Skill.
Old 2011-11-18, 22:03   Link #248
majestix1988

I am bone of my PSP
Buttons are my Body and Analog are my blood
I have Defeated over a Thousand Enemies
Unaware of being Overpowered
Nor Aware of Required level
Withstood Moe of Caster
Waiting for new skills and skill points
I have no regrets,I must Level more
My whole doing was Unlimited Grind Works
Old 2011-11-21, 00:59   Link #249
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Lol, yeah, caster is really hard to use in this game. One hit from assasin took half of my caster's hp XD
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 06:38   Link #250
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Just finished this game last night used Male main character with Saber, Rin's route. Beat the game on level 41 with B B C D C stats.

Gotta agree with everyone about the rising difficulty since the 4th week. I find the dungeons on the 7th week to be the most difficult, although my level is around 4-6 levels above the recommendation for every week.

The grind becomes much easier when we faced the enemies enough times so that all of their moves would be visible. Practically, we could just smash them almost without using any items. Of course it's still time consuming

The last boss is pretty much like Gawain IMO. Was surprised that there would be another fight after the 7th round, so I fought them without any preparation I won, and I think they're pretty much like Gawain in terms of attack strength, defense, and hp.

Currently playing with Female main character with Archer will try Rani's route.
Old 2011-11-21, 09:03   Link #251
Shadow5YA

There are several plot points in the game that seem... off. The MC had several times where he could have broken the system and went off the "Heaven's Feel" or "far side" path.

Spoiler for screw the rules I.... nevermind:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 09:15   Link #252
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
I finished the game way back then, and all I can say for those who really want to play FemMC...

Play Archer as her servant. And Rin's route. Special convos (which might please shipping tendencies, and hilarity inducing is abound) are awesome.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 12:10   Link #253
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There are several plot points in the game that seem... off. The MC had several times where he could have broken the system and went off the "Heaven's Feel" or "far side" path.

Spoiler for screw the rules I.... nevermind:
Well,

Spoiler for Counter Argument:
Old 2011-11-21, 17:47   Link #254
Nerroth
NePoi!

Actually, it seems that CCC will be intended as the "far side" story; though I wonder if its main point of divergence
Spoiler for CCC:
will take place after your MC has already started, or if it happens before the (planned) first week gets underway.

Also, when I was watching episode 8 of Fate/Zero, I was reminded of a line the NPC Kotomine says to you at one point:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2011-11-21 at 18:03.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 19:25   Link #255
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Is this game calendar dependent? I haven't read much into it. Only bought it because it's Type-Moon, haha.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:53   Link #256
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Is this game calendar dependent? I haven't read much into it. Only bought it because it's Type-Moon, haha.
Calendar dependent? I have no idea what you mean.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 22:58   Link #257
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I think what DragoZERO means to say is if this game depends on a certain time limit. Are you restricted by the time of Morning, Evening, etc. Or how long you have for a certain thing to finish?
Old 2011-11-28, 04:54   Link #258
Meltyred

Finished 6th week on second playthrough with Archer on rani's route.
I always never manage to see the noble phantasms of the 6th week servants...

Response to answer above:
The MC almost always wakes up at evening and you basically won't progress to next day if you never enter the arena.
The time only changes on certain conditions.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 11:46   Link #259
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Response to answer above:
The MC almost always wakes up at evening and you basically won't progress to next day if you never enter the arena.
The time only changes on certain conditions.
It's only calendar dependent in the sense you have a week to accomplish a particular objective. If you haven't gathered enough keys and clues about your enemies' servant by the end of the week... you're screwed. At least, that's how it seems to work. I'm still only on the first week so I'm not sure what happens yet.

Picked up Saber as my servant. She is quite awesome. I love her arrogance, she's almost a female Gil minus the douchiness. And that voice <3333 (Hum!). Oh, and she's bisexual too. I did not expect such an extensive answer from her when I asked her if she was a girl

I thought the combat system was pretty crappy at first, but now that I've got access to Codes and Skills, it's not so bad anymore. I'm even starting to have fun. I can't wait to kick that douche's ass (you know who I'm talking about... man, what a dick).

PS: Rin's outfit in this game is even hotter than in F/SN
Old 2011-11-29, 00:53   Link #260
Meltyred

Basically the story events are there to help you get matrix levels, and once you reach level 3, you can piece together the clues to get the maximum level, Level E (for Extra) on the final day.

You can skip doing it if you want a challenge or just know how to beat them already.

Progress:
Archer rani route, killed 7th servant without seeing his noble phantasm, again. ( I kinda feel bad for killing them so fast....)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, psp