AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-11-19, 15:00   Link #5401
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Great King is his family's name. Sairaorg eventually got the nickname Lion King but we're talking about from the start since Rias had her nickname from the start.
His also not popular due to his low demonic power. Him not having a title isn't that weird early on.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 15:15   Link #5402
Lex79

The problem with Rias is that despite being a very talented individual, she is not a monster like other characters, so in multiple occasions she might appear weak.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 15:18   Link #5403
Parry999

^This. Ten characters
Old 2018-11-19, 17:57   Link #5404
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
His also not popular due to his low demonic power. Him not having a title isn't that weird early on.
Sairaorg didn't have a nickname in volume 5 when he debuted.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 19:33   Link #5405
Parry999

The one where he and his family got made fun of because the heir has trash demonic power and he punched the guys lights out? That just foreshadowes how unpopular he was among high class devils.
Old 2018-11-19, 20:07   Link #5406
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
The problem with Rias is that despite being a very talented individual, she is not a monster like other characters, so in multiple occasions she might appear weak.
You can say that about the majority of characters. Some of which are described as monsters.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 02:27   Link #5407
Lex79

The monsters I'm referring to are characters like Issei, Vali, Sairaorg, Sirzechs, Cao Cao, Crom, Strada, Dulio, Tobio...they don't give the impression of being weak.
Rias is strong and skilled but excluding the Raynare arc was never really on par with Issei and his rivals.
Old 2018-11-20, 02:56   Link #5408
B214

^Hmm?? She was still stronger than Ise till V4 if you ask me.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 03:52   Link #5409
Lex79

Volume 4 was the definitive proof, but he showed signs since volume 2 when he defeated Riser (albeit with lots of caveats).
Old 2018-11-20, 12:10   Link #5410
Lucidrago

Well until Volume 5. Temporary Balance Breaker states really didn't count.

@Lex79 Does that mean Kiba isn't a monster? Is Ouryuu not a monster? Is Bova not a monster despite being Tannin's most powerful son? Are Vali's teammates not monsters?
Old 2018-11-20, 12:26   Link #5411
Parry999

For a dragon Bova is kind of just their for a young human without a scared gear or holy sword Ouryuu definitely a monster though.
Old 2018-11-20, 13:39   Link #5412
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well until Volume 5. Temporary Balance Breaker states really didn't count.

@Lex79 Does that mean Kiba isn't a monster? Is Ouryuu not a monster? Is Bova not a monster despite being Tannin's most powerful son? Are Vali's teammates not monsters?
People like Kiba, Bova, Kuroka....I consider them at least a step below. Same for Rias, past the beginning of the series she is consistently portrayed as weaker than the truly exceptional beings.
Old 2018-11-20, 15:42   Link #5413
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
People like Kiba, Bova, Kuroka....I consider them at least a step below. Same for Rias, past the beginning of the series she is consistently portrayed as weaker than the truly exceptional beings.
Rias is a truly exceptional being. Being able to become an Ultimate-class devil even without training is truly exceptional.
Old 2018-11-20, 18:55   Link #5414
Lord Kai

Quote:
Rias is a truly exceptional being. Being able to become an Ultimate-class devil even without training is truly exceptional.
That's besides the point. She's not a monster.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 00:00   Link #5415
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
That's besides the point. She's not a monster.
Again who are you using as a measuring point? I could say that Diehauser and Grayfia aren't monsters by using Sirzechs and Ajuka as a measuring point.

Again you would have to call characters that have been described as monsters not monsters despite all evidence proving otherwise.
Old 2018-11-21, 01:51   Link #5416
Lex79

So, putting aside the discussion about who is a monster that was never my point, do you agree with the fact that Rias, while being strong, often fails to leave a good impression because the story puts her against beings out of her reach? Because THAT was my point, and was meant to defend Rias and not attack her.

Last edited by Lex79; 2018-11-21 at 11:22.
Old 2018-11-21, 03:01   Link #5417
Lord Kai

Quote:
Again who are you using as a measuring point? I could say that Diehauser and Grayfia aren't monsters by using Sirzechs and Ajuka as a measuring point.

Again you would have to call characters that have been described as monsters not monsters despite all evidence proving otherwise.
Monsters like Issei, Vali, Sairaorg and Gasper for example. I'm talking about monsters of the young generation. Rias doesn't fit that category.
Old 2018-11-21, 10:55   Link #5418
Lucidrago

Then Kiba, Ouryuu, Saji, Arthur, Kuroka, and Bikou also can't be called monsters.

Well essentially you just want to be selective and only call the Young generation that have Longinus monsters.
Old 2018-11-21, 11:19   Link #5419
TommyG

I think a monster is anyone outside the typical boundaries you expect for their race. A god who is top ten class (Thor) is a monster, a god who is regular god class (Odin) isn't a monster. A devil who is heavenly dragon class (Issei) is a monster, a devil who is ultimate class (Rias) isn't a monster. A human with a Longinus (Cao cao) isn't a monster because his sacred gear is suppose to be able to fight gods, a human without a sacred gear who is god class (Strada) is a monster. I wouldn't call Bikou, Kuroka, Kiba, Saji or Rias monsters, they may all be strong, especially for their age but none of them are outside the typical boundaries of what you can expect from their races.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 11:20   Link #5420
Lord Kai

Quote:
Then Kiba, Ouryuu, Saji, Arthur, Kuroka, and Bikou also can't be called monsters.

Well essentially you just want to be selective and only call the Young generation that have Longinus monsters.
I said those 4 as examples. The people you named are strong but not all of them are monsters. The only one in that group I would consider a monster is Arthur because of his performance against Strada in volume 19 and volume 24. With that said, even with the people you named, they are each stronger than Rias so again, Rias wouldn't be considered a monster. Just because one has a Longinus doesn't automatically make them a monster otherwise Lint and Valerie would fall into that category but they're not.