AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2023-04-21, 08:09   Link #1
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi (Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister)

Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi (Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister) manga is getting an anime adaptation

Plot Summary:

Quote:
Uryuu Kamihate has had a rough start to life, but plans to forget it all by achieving his dream—matriculating into medical school. But when he arrives at his new foster home, a working shrine, his dream of a quiet place to study goes up in smoke. Not only will he be living with the three beautiful, lively Amagami sisters—but he learns that he must marry one of them and take over the temple!
Source

https://twitter.com/amagamisan_wm/st...97582836432897
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 09:26   Link #2
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I've heard this is quite popular and one of the Quintessential Quintuplet successors, so I'm game for checking it out .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 21:44   Link #3
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
I've read part (still ongoing). Basically Love Hina at a shrine, with him ordered to marry one of the Mikos. Not that that's a bad thing, this trope is popular for a reason.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 22:13   Link #4
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I've read part (still ongoing). Basically Love Hina at a shrine, with him ordered to marry one of the Mikos. Not that that's a bad thing, this trope is popular for a reason.
It's all about the sisters .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 00:44   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The girls look cute so I'll try to give it a shot . Definitely a classic setup. But hey, when it works it works.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 02:50   Link #6
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
I still like the manga overall even though some recent things it did were not to my liking at all.

What's the catch? The gimmick? How does it try to distinguish itself from Temple and other similar works? Well, if it's only going to be one-cour, then the anime most likely just tease it. If it's two-cour, then the second half fully embraces it.

Spoiler for The gimmick:


By the way, the manga had 2 PVs with different group of seiyuus.
The first had Kayano Ai, Amamiya Sora, and Sakura Ayane.
The second had Ueda Reina, Takahashi Rie, and Taketatsu Ayana.
Wonder if they just cast a 3rd one or pick one or a mixture from the two.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 10:28   Link #7
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I still like the manga overall even though some recent things it did were not to my liking at all.

What's the catch? The gimmick? How does it try to distinguish itself from Temple and other similar works? Well, if it's only going to be one-cour, then the anime most likely just tease it. If it's two-cour, then the second half fully embraces it.

Spoiler for The gimmick:


By the way, the manga had 2 PVs with different group of seiyuus.
The first had Kayano Ai, Amamiya Sora, and Sakura Ayane.
The second had Ueda Reina, Takahashi Rie, and Taketatsu Ayana.
Wonder if they just cast a 3rd one or pick one or a mixture from the two.
Either way sound like we're getting all-star cast as the sisters...unless it's all rookies for the anime .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 13:22   Link #8
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
I don't mind Yae's voice possibilities, but the rest needs to change.
Look, I don't care who is a fan of who, but I would appreciate some variety among the WSM romcoms or works in general.

Amamiya Sora voiced Elizabeth from Nanatsu no Taizai and that utter piece of shit Chizuru from Kanojo, Okarishimasu. Stop giving her heroine roles.
Sakura Ayane voiced Yotsuba from 5toubun and Saki from Kanojo mo Kanojo. Enough is enough.
Takahashi Rie voiced Sumi from Kanojo, Okarishimasu and Shino from Kanojo mo Kanojo. Enough is enough.
Taketatsu Ayana voiced Nino from 5toubun and Mirika from Kanojo mo Kanojo. Enough is enough.

Sidenote that Touyama Nao also voiced Ruka from Kanojo, Okarishimasu and Hiro from Kakkou no Iinazuke.

So "logically" speaking the shrine maidens should be voiced by those who had no recent or zero WSM heroine roles at all.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 17:01   Link #9
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I don't mind Yae's voice possibilities, but the rest needs to change.
Look, I don't care who is a fan of who, but I would appreciate some variety among the WSM romcoms or works in general.

Amamiya Sora voiced Elizabeth from Nanatsu no Taizai and that utter piece of shit Chizuru from Kanojo, Okarishimasu. Stop giving her heroine roles.
Sakura Ayane voiced Yotsuba from 5toubun and Saki from Kanojo mo Kanojo. Enough is enough.
Takahashi Rie voiced Sumi from Kanojo, Okarishimasu and Shino from Kanojo mo Kanojo. Enough is enough.
Taketatsu Ayana voiced Nino from 5toubun and Mirika from Kanojo mo Kanojo. Enough is enough.

Sidenote that Touyama Nao also voiced Ruka from Kanojo, Okarishimasu and Hiro from Kakkou no Iinazuke.

So "logically" speaking the shrine maidens should be voiced by those who had no recent or zero WSM heroine roles at all.
I mean, I love all of them and their performances so I'm always happy to hear them, though new blood isn't a bad thing .

I'd only want Nao Toyama cast in a romcom where she actually wins (and said win gets animated).
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-22, 18:16   Link #10
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine / Barcelona, Spain
Age: 35
I would rather hear someone like Rie Takahashi or Ayane Sakura on the role when Saori Hayami yet again or some subpar newby promoted by agency. They are versitale at least.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-04-23 at 04:06.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 03:39   Link #11
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Hayami definitely won't play a heroine here, though there are three possible supportive characters she could play, but I would say only one of them would fit her, and that's Yomiko.

If Sakura plays Asahi, people won't shut up about her playing the athletic sister character again.

While there is nothing concrete about Amagami and 5toubun sharing the same universe, Amagami's author made a nod to the 5toubun movie. Amagami takes place in Kyoto, which is an important place in 5toubun. There is color page depicting the shrine maidens kind of watching over the 5toubun cast at the end of their Kyoto visit. So "two Yotsubas" shouldn't exist at the time.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 04:08   Link #12
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine / Barcelona, Spain
Age: 35
My point is just that someone like Ayaneru could make a similar character sound not like Yotsuba unless producers force her to. I ould rather take the same seiyuu sounding different when someone one-note or bland who is just not common in this type of show.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-15, 07:59   Link #13
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Coming 2024

https://twitter.com/amagami_anime/st...23299241681036
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-15, 13:12   Link #14
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Sisters look cute .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-15, 20:38   Link #15
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
You guys are not instilling a lot of confidence in me for this anime, not only did I never get into Love Hina (personally didn't like it) and Go-Toubun shat the bed so hard in the last half that it practically ruined rom-com anime for me for a while, so all this talk is making me very wary.

I only have one question, how obvious is the eventual winner of I went and tried reading the first few chapters right now?
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-15, 22:40   Link #16
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You guys are not instilling a lot of confidence in me for this anime, not only did I never get into Love Hina (personally didn't like it) and Go-Toubun shat the bed so hard in the last half that it practically ruined rom-com anime for me for a while, so all this talk is making me very wary.

I only have one question, how obvious is the eventual winner of I went and tried reading the first few chapters right now?
I've heard a lot of good things about it .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 10:33   Link #17
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You guys are not instilling a lot of confidence in me for this anime, not only did I never get into Love Hina (personally didn't like it) and Go-Toubun shat the bed so hard in the last half that it practically ruined rom-com anime for me for a while, so all this talk is making me very wary.

I only have one question, how obvious is the eventual winner of I went and tried reading the first few chapters right now?
While I think the manga lost from its charm thanks to certain events and the usual padding because of the incoming adaptation, considering that the in-magazine competition is Kakkou no Iinazuke, Kanojo, Okarishimasu, and the Kuroiwa Medaka series among many, this is still decent, okay, but not revolutionary by all means. I spoilered the gimmick in an earlier post in the thread, though the gimmick also didn't happen in the past 30-40 chapters.

You have the tsundere of the girls, the middle sister that has that Itsuki like main girl aura. The situation is fairly similar. Most of "why" she would win posts come down to trope experiences. The other two girls, the elder and the little sister are more straightforward with their affections.

The author teased a harem ending, or routes, but a certain event also condtradicts that, so I dunno about that.

The protagonist currently is all about how he thinks highly of the girls, knows he has to make a choice, but it's hard for him. This unfortunately leads to scenes where he "soft confesses" to the girls, but when it comes to actually confirming mutual feelings with one of them, he backtracks, not even once, that he still didn't decide it yet. So giving them false hope with the potential of not reciprocating their feelings anyway. Your usual harem stuff.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 05:15   Link #18
Huh...?
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: India
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Position on Fandom/Wikia:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-22, 07:03   Link #19
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
By the way, the manga had 2 PVs with different group of seiyuus.
The first had Kayano Ai, Amamiya Sora, and Sakura Ayane.
The second had Ueda Reina, Takahashi Rie, and Taketatsu Ayana.
Wonder if they just cast a 3rd one or pick one or a mixture from the two.
So it's a 3rd one.
Uesaka Sumire, Hondo Kaede, and Wakayama Shion.

Least impressive from the three, but hey, I got my wish for variety, so I can't complain.

The protagonist will be voiced by Suzuki Ryouta.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-23, 00:17   Link #20
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
An all-star cast with pretty visuals makes for an enticing romcom !
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.