AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-04, 12:40   Link #1921
QSTraderDG86

Embryo is obviously the very final boss. Why?

Because he's a blonde guy voiced by Toshihiko Seki in a Fukuda production .

(Though by that logic, Vivian is pretty much a goner >.<)
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 12:46   Link #1922
ryuuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Unfortunately, Embryo is the opposite of a savior. I mean, he's more akin to Lucifer than Jesus.

On one hand, seeing the final shot of Vilkiss in the second opening sequence makes me wonder if the upgrades are applied on Ep. 13 or will be implemented in the future?

Sure that having the ability to change modes is one thing, but it needs the external and internal upgrades to match!
agree and i won't be suprise if ange sing a another song to upgrade the villkiss
ryuuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 13:06   Link #1923
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Ahh...great to have the series back. Quite a return too, though I guess the massacre is kinda obligatory in a Sunrise Mecha series.

By the way, I didn't catch this but did Ersha and Chris make it onto the ship or are they considered KIA by the Arzenal crew?

Well, time for this Nana Mizuki fanboy to go back to listening to the ED.
Old 2015-01-04, 13:36   Link #1924
QSTraderDG86

Okay, after seeing the sub...

Teleporting healbot with a power song? Nerf plz >.<

Gotta admit, Toshihiko Seki does have a decent singing voice =P.

Salia is also giving me some Vegeta vibes
Old 2015-01-04, 13:56   Link #1925
ryuuya

are we also getting the ost where embryo sing the endless song ?
ryuuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 14:12   Link #1926
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Unfortunately, Embryo is the opposite of a savior. I mean, he's more akin to Lucifer than Jesus.
No if anyone here is Lucifer, it's Ange in the vein of the Lucifer as the rebel angel fighting for freedom from God ala Milton's Paradise Lost. Embryo's depiction matches that of a tyrannical god who wants the keys to reset the world due to the perceived flaws and imperfections that he himself created.

Besides if you have seen the new OP, you'd see that Ange actually has wings growing out of her in that picture with all the other girls.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 14:25   Link #1927
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder View Post
No if anyone here is Lucifer, it's Ange in the vein of the Lucifer as the rebel angel fighting for freedom from God ala Milton's Paradise Lost. Embryo's depiction matches that of a tyrannical god who wants the keys to reset the world due to the perceived flaws and imperfections that he himself created.

Besides if you have seen the new OP, you'd see that Ange actually has wings growing out of her in that picture with all the other girls.
O_o...I didn't even notice those angel wings. I wonder if it's exclusive just to Ange(L-ise), or something endemic to normas or their princesses.
Old 2015-01-04, 14:33   Link #1928
VTHokiePride

Am I the only one bothered by Embryo's horrible singing? And the massacre, where were the Knights of Vilkiss to defend the Norma. Tusk was pretty badass taking out those 5 guys and rescuing Vivian. I hope they were able to salvage more Para-mails besides First Troop's. Maybe they'll head to other facilities and liberate more Norma and rally the Knights.

I thought this show was terrible when I first started watching it, but the plot made it into a must watch.
Old 2015-01-04, 15:04   Link #1929
Ryuga

Embryo's/Seki's voice's alright IMO. Not as good as Mizuki and Horie, but he did a good enough job.

As for why Salia's acting jealous, she resents the fact that Ange was accepted by the Villkiss and favoured by her idol Jill, but isn't doing her duty and being insubordinate. She feels Ange is ungrateful of her specialness and doesn't deserve to be the Villkiss's pilot. If Salia was in Ange's position, she'd be going through with Libertus, getting revenge for Jill and gaining her adoration.

Still can't get over the new toys Ange got. Look at that beam saber! Also have to give props to Tusk for wiping out the soldiers and rescuing Vivian in style.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 16:21   Link #1930
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

...Ew. That's all I'll say about the "new" OP.
Old 2015-01-04, 16:31   Link #1931
ChampDream
Alive

I hate when they reuse clips for a new opening, the song was better than first opening, but I was didn't like it.
a lot happen in this episode, it look like Embryo and Tusk will be fighting for Ange and Julio is finally dead, it was about time, now we need for Salia to stop being a bitch.
Old 2015-01-04, 16:32   Link #1932
Miraluka
Banned

Tusk: erm... then can I pinch?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 17:03   Link #1933
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Follow up question: Where?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 17:33   Link #1934
Ryuga

Can anyone pick out the letters above MID/HIGH in this pic? Not sure what it is due to the font.
Old 2015-01-04, 17:42   Link #1935
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Can anyone pick out the letters above MID/HIGH in this pic? Not sure what it is due to the font.
If I had to say, it's "DOI". The first letter looks like the "D" in Hilda, second one's reminiscent of the "O" in Rosalie's name whereas there's a little line at the end that I suppose is an I.

Now as to what DOI could mean, I've no idea. Maybe something related to DRAGONs? The fact Vivian's got it on HIGH and she's the only one who went DRAGON on us seems to point in that direction, as well.
Old 2015-01-04, 17:48   Link #1936
Ryuga

Now that you mention it, it's the same shape as the D in Hilda, I originally thought it was a B haha. Had trouble figuring out the last letter, thanks! And yeah, it could be related to how close someone is to turning into a DRAGON or something like that.
Old 2015-01-04, 17:59   Link #1937
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
The fact Vivian's got it on HIGH and she's the only one who went DRAGON on us seems to point in that direction, as well.
Ange's was also HIGH, by the way.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 18:10   Link #1938
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
Ange's was also HIGH, by the way.
D'oh! Didn't notice that while watching. Well, I've no clue then, although of course it might still be related to the whole 'becoming DRAGON' thing and Ange's about to experience that herself, who knows.

Friend suggested 'Degree of Infection" (lol), but I was quick to point out to him that he's trying to guess an acronym by the master, Fukuda. The brilliant mind behind DRAGON, Dimensional Rift Attuned Gargantuan Organic Neototypes, as well as GUNDAM, or General Unilateral Neuro-Link Dispersive Autonomic Maneuver. So, like, good luck guessing it, I guess?
Old 2015-01-04, 18:10   Link #1939
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
^
Follow up question: Where?
They were talking about crotches.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 18:21   Link #1940
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

I can't remember where - it was either /a/ or /m/ - but people were speculating the numbers next to their names had something to do with the year they were brought to Arzenal. The numbers in Ange's profile, 203, may be an indication of the year the show's taking place, but if we take account of the passage of time (being a few months, give or take) it could be the year when she was going to undergo the Purification Ritual.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance