AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-12-10, 18:47   Link #3021
cyberdemon

It was a drop for me. 6.5k 2 days ago. 3.5k today at the same time. Casuals are likely finishing the msq and waiting out the rest of the release time.
Old 2021-12-10, 20:28   Link #3022
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This is the classic expac rush when people take time off to play. Now that people aren't pressing to get in all the time, queue times will naturally drop.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-10, 22:55   Link #3023
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
This is the classic expac rush when people take time off to play. Now that people aren't pressing to get in all the time, queue times will naturally drop.
Iím prone to leveling a new job or starting a new character during the first week or 2 of an expansion to avoid the issues like what happened with stormblood. Iím an altoholic even if itís not necessary lol.
Old 2021-12-11, 04:26   Link #3024
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Iím prone to leveling a new job or starting a new character during the first week or 2 of an expansion to avoid the issues like what happened with stormblood. Iím an altoholic even if itís not necessary lol.
I actually had to migrate servers due to Raubahn EX hahahaha.
Old 2021-12-11, 11:29   Link #3025
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Wow they arenít even letting me queue up right now
Because they was doing emergency maintenance on the log in servers at that time.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-11, 19:00   Link #3026
cyberdemon

Seven years ago when I first bought a ps4, my first game on it was arr. now I am finally upgraded to ps5. So it is only right my first game on it is Endwalker
Old 2021-12-13, 01:18   Link #3027
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just finished the 5th area of Endwalker. As the final cutscenes played out, all of a sudden everything almost immediately made sense, like all the pieces suddenly and almost inexplicably came together perfectly.

That is perhaps the hallmark of excellent writing. Final Fantasy has quite possibly never been better until this very moment.
Old 2021-12-13, 12:29   Link #3028
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I just finished the 5th area of Endwalker. As the final cutscenes played out, all of a sudden everything almost immediately made sense, like all the pieces suddenly and almost inexplicably came together perfectly.

That is perhaps the hallmark of excellent writing. Final Fantasy has quite possibly never been better until this very moment.
I'm at a similar spot in the story.

Spoiler for End of lv 87 quests:
Old 2021-12-13, 23:35   Link #3029
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm at a similar spot in the story.

Spoiler for End of lv 87 quests:
Spoiler for That's ...:

Probably we will see more about this once Pandaemonium and Myths of the Twelve unlocked, revealing what Lahabrea and others got on their sleeve.
Old 2021-12-13, 23:54   Link #3030
Alchemist007
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2021-12-14, 07:52   Link #3031
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Major EW spoilers around lvl87 (after Dungeon 4):

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-12-14 at 08:01. Reason: l
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 11:12   Link #3032
Alchemist007
*Author

Spoiler for above continued:
Old 2021-12-14, 13:07   Link #3033
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler for above continued:
Spoiler for :
Old 2021-12-14, 22:14   Link #3034
cyberdemon

With all these streamers moving over, I heard a quote that rings true. ďYou either quit in ARR or live long enough to see yourself become a living advertisement for ff14Ē lol
Old 2021-12-15, 07:36   Link #3035
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

I really think people had some sort of exaggerated PTSD when it comes to ARR.
I started few days after ShB launch, so I went through the "og" MSQ before ARR story adjustments and flight unlocked in ARR zones. Frankly, I believe the real issues were the few portions of the game that were really inane or padding, notably the company of heroes during Titan's questline and post 2.0 until Shiva questline. That and the fact the game never teleported you to the next zone when the story implies the group has to relocate completely, so a lot of back-and-forth travels were required (pray go back to waking sands meme but also the obnoxious travel to camp dragonhead in Coerthas). But aside of these sections, it is really needed for world building and establish the characters making the pay off even better. ShB and EW really need ARR more than any other expansion content to deliver their gravitas and meaning.

The changes in ARR were needed and could be even better, but people immediately claiming it is worth skipping are quite silly in my books if they want to understand the story. Might as well skip everything for other content, not just ARR.
Old 2021-12-15, 10:45   Link #3036
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Meanwhile there's me who personally happy with its (mostly) cons ARR able to serve as the great filter.

I played several MMORPG before finally taking interest to FF XIV following MCH and SAM availability, and it bothered me multiple times there's no some kind of filter that kept players from rampaging mindlessly as internet gradually became easier to access compare to 8-10 years ago; surely its not part of YoshiP plans but I love to think that if you able to get through ARR without skip, then I can believe you as someone who (at worst) not only get minimum understanding of the stories but also get firm grasp of what this game offers and basic rotation which contributed to long-time enjoyment.

Following EW, I kinda wished we can get-- maybe something like rewritten version of the lost ARR quest to enhance the understanding.

I stopped playing after Yotsuyu arc and returning, creating new character, restarting my journey as I found news Elidibus arc concluded with cameo from FF I. LOL.
As I returned, I kinda confused with strong favoritism to newer Scions member. After experiencing it, no denying those joining post HW are written nicely (Alisaie, G'raha, Estinien with honorary mention to Urianger) which lead to popularity among newcomer but as someone who spent time through ARR I related more with Thancred, Minfillia and Yshtola it baffles me they soft reset everything with SHB isekai timeskip and Ryne; only Alphinaud and Alisaie get the pass being WOL's "voice" on various occasions.

As a reader who followed it long enough it kinda hurts me there are some people thinking how Thancred and Yshtola vision of despair to be 'unnecessary' to Endwalker theme compare to Graha and Alisaie. Made me wished, if rewriting ARR is not possible, post-EW giving some kind of senior members moment to compensate the lost events. I love how post-HW utilized Thancred, Yshtola and Urianger expertise pretty well; Thancred being Scions top combatant other than WOL, Yshtola is researcher that Cid able to trust on investigating Alexander while Urianger is the unique healer spy, unlike now where they're going off-screen for awhile then return with result so most people doesn't seem to understand how great they are past what x.0 MSQ narrative told.

TBH sometimes I'm tired giving chance of speaking to Alphinaud, Alisaie and G'raha.
I'd like to have talk where WOL is an actual competent person on par with senior Scions, which made me love Ivalice, Bozja and Weapon series for treating WOL like a veteran; lack only knowledge that only locals (Baljalsen, Fran) and expert (Gaius, Cid, Mikoto) knew made a nice continuation to Stormblood where WOL is just a newbie on true battlefield. WOL looking at Gerold as soon Mikoto admit she got feelings for Cid is my third lovely moment of personality after "That, I can't deny" and talk with isekai YoshiP a.k.a Minstreling Wanderer.

Last edited by Tactics; 2021-12-15 at 10:55.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-16, 20:55   Link #3037
cyberdemon

After a fresh play through, finally at Endwalker with all raids and trials complete. I couldíve started earlier with my main but whereís the fun in that when this story finishes off what arr started lol. Sure there is ng+ but not as much fun in that.I love a leveling experience.

Tags
mmorpg