AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-01-13, 08:52   Link #1561
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

One state alone in Australia - New South Wales, had 92k new cases on the 13th. Cases per capita, that state now exceeds almost all countries for infection rates. Every state aside from Western Australia is getting smashed thanks to the federal government forcing the state borders open (which WA has resisted). States aside from New South Wales and Victoria had avoided a major spread before this.

State election in South Australia in March and federal in May. All I can say is if things are going to get bloody.

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 08:30   Link #1562
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

A serious question, is herd immunity still possible? Given than the vaccine do a great job protecting aganst hospitalisation and death but only about 20% protection against infection (if the lasts number are right), I can't see how we could get to herd immunity or am I missing something?
Old 2022-01-23, 03:39   Link #1563
Key Board
Carbon

Seeing the reports from other countries suggest that the vaccine we have is outdated against Omikron

It seems to only be partially effective. It does a reliable job at preventing hospitalization, death and long covid, but it's less efficient at preventing infection.

What does this mean? The virus will continue to mutate. I don't know what next year will look like.

We were winning against Covid but we predictably thought it was over, or outright denied its threat.

In the future there will probably a better protection against Omikron. But we'll run into the same problem. Too late to act. Uneven distribution, griefters muddying the waters. Freedumb. Answers based on older data and the cycle repeats.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-24, 02:27   Link #1564
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=889jhetmWaE

Belgian protests up against COVID-19 restrictions.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-26, 23:42   Link #1565
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Long Covid: doctors find ‘antibody signature’ for patients most at risk

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ure-long-covid

Now we need a test to identify this people and hopefully make them get the vaccine.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 11:00   Link #1566
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Ninja Omicron is here!

Scientists find ‘stealth’ version of Omicron that may be harder to track

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-covid-variant <-- note that the article is one month old, which means said variant is already in your country!
Old 2022-01-27, 11:05   Link #1567
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I would call it a jailbreak feature, a common guerilla tactic. This seems to explain how long haul covid works,hopefully new covid vacines also target this latent retrovirus.

Covid-19 Infection Can Reactivate the Latent Retroviruses In Human DNA

https://phys.org/news/2022-01-sars-c...ndogenous.html
Old 2022-01-30, 01:44   Link #1568
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The FREEDDOOOM CONVOY protest started by truckers is now in Ottawa and they won't budge unless Trudeau agrees to remove vaccine mandates.

Same thing with some protests at the land borders.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-01-30, 03:59   Link #1569
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Those in that convoy had Confederate and Nazi flags with them allegedly...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 04:48   Link #1570
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I don't know if CSIS/Ottawa Police spotted them.

AFAIK, there's right wing rhetoric supporting it and some of the Go Fund Me donations are from abroad. The media's flagged it. Hopefully CSIS does too.

Old 2022-01-31, 07:33   Link #1571
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Those in that convoy had Confederate and Nazi flags with them allegedly...
There's already a counter narrative going that those are Trudeau plants, because of course, It must be Trudeau.
It's predictable if you are familiar with how these groups operate

but my personal guess is the convey is a grift and someone will disappear with a huge chunk of money

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2022-01-31, 17:30   Link #1572
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
There's already a counter narrative going that those are Trudeau plants, because of course, It must be Trudeau.
It's predictable if you are familiar with how these groups operate

but my personal guess is the convey is a grift and someone will disappear with a huge chunk of money

//
They don't glow quite as brightly as say the Patriot Front but you do have to ask yourself why a couple of masked Canadian guys suddenly show up with Confederate American flags as soon as the official narrative starts labeling the protestors as fascists.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 17:39   Link #1573
Key Board
Carbon

The exact same reason you have qanon in Japan. And no, it’s far from dead.

The same reason why michael flynn groupies are seen in certain Japanese rallies

//
Old 2022-01-31, 18:22   Link #1574
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
They don't glow quite as brightly as say the Patriot Front but you do have to ask yourself why a couple of masked Canadian guys suddenly show up with Confederate American flags as soon as the official narrative starts labeling the protestors as fascists.
A good rule of thumb; don't expect the dumber member of a crowds (or a mob) to not discredit a bit their position, which ever position (right or wrong) they might push for.

BTW, speaking as a canadian, my bet is than thoses idiots with Confederate flag came from Alberta.
Old 2022-02-01, 06:15   Link #1575
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

An update on the protest in Ottawa.

Hint: The protestors won't be able to fulfill their wish to look for Trudeau.

Old 2022-02-02, 15:13   Link #1576
ramlaen

A study on the effectiveness of lockdowns by John Hopkins University.

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/fi...-Mortality.pdf
Quote:
Abstract
This systematic review and meta-analysis are designed to determine whether there is empirical evidence to support the belief that “lockdowns” reduce COVID-19 mortality. Lockdowns are defined as the imposition of at least one compulsory, non-pharmaceutical intervention (NPI). NPIs are any government mandate that directly restrict peoples’ possibilities, such as policies that limit internal movement, close schools and businesses, and ban international travel. This study employed a systematic search and screening procedure in which 18,590 studies are identified that could potentially address the belief posed.
After three levels of screening, 34 studies ultimately qualified. Of those 34 eligible studies, 24 qualified for inclusion in the meta-analysis. They were separated into three groups: lockdown stringency index studies, shelter-in-place- order (SIPO) studies, and specific NPI studies. An analysis of each of these three groups support the conclusion that lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality. More specifically, stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average. SIPOs were also ineffective, only reducing COVID-19 mortality by 2.9% on average. Specific NPI studies also find no broad-based evidence of noticeable effects on COVID-19 mortality.
While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 01:01   Link #1577
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well since the Conservatives are supporting the FREEDDOOM CONVOY, their ranks are now suffering.

Old 2022-02-05, 09:28   Link #1578
Key Board
Carbon

Didn’t O’Toole go away because he wasn’t “conservative “ enough. Maybe they’re just turning out like America where the MTGs and Boeberts become more mainstream

//
Old 2022-02-05, 10:31   Link #1579
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yeah.

From what I heard, he wasn't going far enough to support the FREEDDOOM CONVOY. Though I also heard that the vote to replace him happened because of his lack of support for conversion therapy. That's according to CBC.

Old 2022-02-05, 11:04   Link #1580
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fMAAIKLl3w

Nobody seems to be talking about this, if we believe what this researcher is saying, omicron jumped from the animal population back to the human population. If this is true, we also need to vaccinate our pets and N95 masks should be standard equipment at farms when dealing with livestock. Worst case scenario would be having a completely new coronavirus come from the animal kingdom after combining with some variant of covid19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8XsTtUHwE