AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-09-25, 10:37   Link #21
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Darker Than Black - I went WTF when it became apparent that this was a “slice of life anime” and not a high-octane assassin, fighting thriller…The goofy detective side-arc was like WTF is that doing in this show…

Gungrave – I went WTF when it went from simple, realistic mafia story and then suddenly transformed into zombie-fighting RPG video game almost instantly…Still pretty damn good though…

Paranoia Agent – There are 2 scenes in particular that totally stand out as mind-destroying…One is the episode with the suicide trio and the dramatic ending to that episode being a vending machine that sold either panties or condoms (Have no clue what relevance it had to the actual episode to this day)…The second being the final scene of the show with how the young detective turns into the old man that always writes math equations in chalk…WHAT THE F*CK! Without ruining the ending when you find out what the entire premise of this show is really about you might get a noose…

Spoiler for What this show was really about, Jesus Skywalker:

Ergo Proxy – About the time where it became a dream sequence GAMESHOW, that’s where I had given up on it ever being anything close to what I expected…In pre-production I thought this had a chance to be one of my alltime favs, but the show was nothing like it had been promoted and wound up being one huge WTF followed by another…Still good show in some respects but it had more in common with my next selection than I would have ever imagined in a million years…

Big-O – You say tomato, I say WTF-o?? I enjoyed the hell outta this Bruce Wayne meets James Bond in a ROBOT tale, but man the level of mind-f*ck by the final episode might have some signing up for Russian Roulette Practice…Reset the world Angel!!!

So long Mr. Despair S1 & (Extreme) S2 – Probably the best WTF-Show in recent memory…Excellent amalgam of spoofing almost every genre (and characters within school genres) imaginable in a creative and usually hilarious way...Excellent show, although I still have no clue what happened with Sensei after he got hit by that train in S1…They never explained that $hit, WTF???^^
Old 2008-09-25, 14:38   Link #22
Veritias

I'd say School Days, FLCL and Dead Leaves those are completely insane.
Veritias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 16:53   Link #23
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Code Geass - Lelouch doing random shit that is both awesome and incredibly unpredictable and/or unexpected. Or completely deux ex machina ridiculous.

FLCL (i.e. Fooly Cooly) - If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. A giant iron, robots coming out of people's foreheads... yeah, really weird stuff.

Elfen Lied - It teaches small children new ways in which humans may be mutilated.

Full Metal Panic!? FUMOFFU - WTF in a good way. Hilarious insanity. I still haven't figured out exactly how Bonta-kun can operate a gun when it doesn't have fingers...

Paranoia Agent - I still don't understand what it was about...

Hayate no Gotoku - Wow, just... wow. Battling butlers. And more parodies and pop-culture references that you can shake a stick at. My mind is still recovering.

(Zoku) Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei - Both season 1 and season 2 were mind-f*cks through and through. Every episode was, well... completely utterly stone-cold over-the-deep-end insane. Yet still managed to be freaking hilarious. Personally I thought the 2nd season was funnier.
Old 2008-09-25, 16:55   Link #24
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
Paranoia Agent - I still don't understand what it was about ...
Did you not read the spoiler? xD That still doesn't make it easy to understand? ;P...
Old 2008-09-25, 16:59   Link #25
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Did you not read the spoiler? xD That still doesn't make it easy to understand? ;P...
That's just it. I never understood it because I don't think I watched the episodes in order. But seriously, when they suddenly transported into a video game like world, I just couldn't watch any more.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:10   Link #26
BigGimp77

In a good way:
Detroit Metal City - Usually it's a "OMG WTF" followed by many laughs.
FLCL is definatly another one of those good WTF movies. I had to watch the series a couple times to really understand all the nuances.

In a bad way:
Code Geass R2- After every episode I think to myself "WTF was that mess I just watched." Plot and character personalities going 100 different directions, along with no coherent storyline does that to you I guess. I liked Geass R1 quite a bit too

Kaiba definatly gave me a WTF feeling after I watched the first 2 episodes and I dropped the series. Although I've heard it is actually a really good show so hopefully when I get the chance I'll give it another shot.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 08:04   Link #27
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Code Geass like what everyone mention, it manage to make me go WTF every episode in R2 (whether it's a good or bad WTF). And alot of shows that already got mentioned. People already mention alot of series, these are the ones that isn't mentioned.

Onegai my Melody made me go WTF alot of the time, despite it's not very well known and it's a children's anime. It's a very 'what ever goes' anime, if anyone seen the 2nd episode, it was just....weird but funny in its own way. And those bunnies...and elephants...
Spoiler for Onegai my melody sukkiri:

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, I just keep going WTF with how typical everything goes. This is face-palm wtf ;P
Old 2008-09-27, 11:08   Link #28
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

onegai teacher -
Spoiler for i want that too :(:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:09   Link #29
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Lain, hands down. I had no idea what was going on until the final few eps, but even then, a lot of clarification and reading up on wiki was required for me to fully grasp the plot.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:49   Link #30
completeeclipse

Most certainly evangelion. And not just because its my favorite. Anyone who sees it will no doubt have at least quite a few ''WTFS''. It comes together alot more the second time around though.
completeeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:29   Link #31
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Code Geass - For being so unpredictable and having the craziest plot twists

Gundam 00 - Lidct, the bridge crew, was actually an android this whole time... what an insult to Tierria. lol

GaoGaiGar - For having too many monster-of-the-week eps.

School Days - The last ep is all I gotta say.

Gunbuster - 12000 time skip or was it more?

Higurashi - Beginning of the first ep.

Inukami - Elephants! XD
Old 2008-09-29, 08:09   Link #32
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Sayonara Zetsubo-Sensei - I'm in Despair!!
Especially the part where he got hit by a bus.
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 10:08   Link #33
MokhareQ

AIR - For making me go to school seeing the characters instead of the real people.

Shuffle! - For making me whine like an idiot.

Full Metal Alchemist - For making me cry over the girl that turned into a Chimera.

Elfen Lied - For making me feel really wierd.

Bleach - For having awesome fights.

.hack//G.U. (Trilogy) - For having fighting scenes never seen before by my eyes.

Last edited by MokhareQ; 2008-09-29 at 10:21.
MokhareQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 11:33   Link #34
tetsuo
In Classic Form

how is that make you go wtf....?
tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 17:58   Link #35
MokhareQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
how is that make you go wtf....?
Talkin' to me?
MokhareQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 18:24   Link #36
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
When I first watched FLCL my entire dialect on comments throughout episodes was purely WTF.

Then I watched Lain. . . my brain hurt for weeks, and now that I mention it again, I can't stop thinking philosophical things. GODDAMN YOU LAIN!
Old 2008-09-29, 19:20   Link #37
Brazen

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei definitely made me go "WTF" a few times.

The opening, the teacher getting hit by the bus, and the chain of stalkers, it really adds up to a "WTF" anime.
Though, in a good way...
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 04:18   Link #38
emotionless_teenage
mr. nice guy

case closed(aka detective conan)
althouth the facts seems logical,i just couldn't keep maiself from saying WTF
(especially when the fact and deduction seems too good to be truth)
emotionless_teenage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 12:48   Link #39
Echoes

Probably Narutaru. They got me good.
Old 2008-10-01, 17:05   Link #40
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Three of the most important scenes in the School Days' ending made me go "WTF?!" the most.
Spoiler:
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote