Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 07:50   Link #281
vivacioussky
Hyper Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm guessing Tarou's reaction is a mixture of "puppy love" and longing for his sister. Miyako is obviously pretty mature for her age, too.

I was a bit puzzled by her angry delivery of the beverages when the boys were visiting her father. Was she angry at her father for not treating the boys more hospitably? At first I thought she was angry at Tarou for not coming to see her first, but her reaction as they were leaving suggested that was the wrong interpretation.

Miyako is putting up a strong fight with Shion of Shion no Ou for cutest female child of the season. She does have an advantage with Production I.G.'s top-notch animators drawing her character, though; the renderings of her face are always beautiful.

The juxtaposition of material supposedly from brain science with the other-worldly fantasy aspects of Ghost Hound might still put me off this show. While anime science-fiction shows can include a strong fantasy element (Noein and Dennou Coil, for example), I'm not sure they really work well together here. I'm willing to hang in for a while longer, though, and see where I.G. takes this.

Oh, and why do all the bubble boys have ears and butts that seem to protrude outside the bubble? Has their appearance been a subject of discussion in the show at all? We're talking about three young teen-aged boys here. Don't you think they might have discussed why their butts all stick out when they're having an OBE?
I think Miyako is angry with her father, noone else. In the earlier episodes, I remember her father coming in to check on her, then discussing something with about her to a doctor on the phone. Miyako, if I recall correctly, hears this conversation.

The next time, is when Taro faints at the temple, and both father-daughter take him to the hospital, where the female doctor is revealed to be an ex-colleague of the father. Miyako is definately angry at that point with her father, and the only reason I can think of is that the female doctor was the one her father spoke to on the phone, previous night.
And I think, the father might have been aware that the phone conversation was probably overheard by the daughter. Its the only thing that can explain her anger when she brings in the beverages. She was polite enough to offer refreshments to the guests - but the banging of the bottle on the floor is probably directed at her father.

If Im not mistaken, arent there hints of some sort of mental illness/instability in Miyako as well?
vivacioussky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 08:15   Link #282
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Oh trust me, it's been a subject of discussion... I think people are just more or less used to it now.
I know it's been a topic of discussion here (and presumbly elsewhere in the fan world), but the boys themselves seem remarkably nonplussed by their OBE appearances. I was surprised by the lack of conversation about their appearance among the characters themselves.

@vivacioussky: I'll have to go back and watch those sequences again. I haven't been following this series closely enough to remember all the details. Thanks for the pointers! I just hope, for Miyako's sake, that your diagnosis of her condition turns out to be wrong.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 14:58   Link #283
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Did you notice that the more they get angry they transform like a fox similar to naruto's but with one tail.
No.

No.

and...NO.

As for miyako, I think its too early to really guess what she seems to get randomly butthurt about when others interact with her father ( namely the boys ). Could go either way.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 13:53   Link #284
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Okay, I NEED to know what happaned in episode 11. I saw it, but don't know Japanese. All I know is, MEGA revelations.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 17:40   Link #285
Algent

I don't know japanese too
My guess:
Spoiler for ep11:

It was really hard... 2 weeks without GH
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 19:58   Link #286
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
finally, i see the elusive "Ghost Hound"

Seriously, i was beginning to think they just made that name randomly just to get hype people.

come on tarou, stop pussy footing, i want to see some fangs and stuff.

:3
Old 2008-01-13, 02:23   Link #287
hachihachi
i've been nell-ed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
My guess:
Spoiler for ep11:

me too. i could only play poltergeist endlessly on my player
hachihachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 01:01   Link #288
Thingle
Banned

What happened to the subs?
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 01:11   Link #289
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
My guess:
Spoiler for ep11:

Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 10:22   Link #290
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
What happened to the subs?
its a mystery!
Old 2008-01-18, 11:53   Link #291
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Not really. There weren't any episodes of GH telecast in Japan between December 20th and January 11th.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 13:20   Link #292
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivacioussky
I think Miyako is angry with her father, noone else. In the earlier episodes, I remember her father coming in to check on her, then discussing something with about her to a doctor on the phone. Miyako, if I recall correctly, hears this conversation.
Hm, good explanation. I didn't get the anger (tsundere? ) but the way you put it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachihachi View Post
me too. i could only play poltergeist endlessly on my player
The full version of that song is awesome. It keeps me hyped up for episode 11 anyway...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 16:46   Link #293
vivacioussky
Hyper Bunny

I do think its just that ^^;

Ohh! I can't wait for the subs to come out for ep 11 now. Thank you Algent for putting up the spoiler for episode 11. I didnt actually expect the ending, but I guess, they do drop the hints somewhat subtlely.

It seems everyone is connected to someone in more than one ways in this series.
vivacioussky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 17:45   Link #294
Tworble

This series is AMAZING!!! I can't believe peopel were dissapointed in it at first. It's my favorite anime I've seen this year, (2008).

Seiji-I thought the floating baby amoeba's were cute
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 12:02   Link #295
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The fourth dude (the bullying victim) seems to have come to stay. Any speculations about his role in the story? Tragic death by ep 15? Or a traitor?
Old 2008-01-20, 12:11   Link #296
hachihachi
i've been nell-ed!

i cant believe that bully could recognize masayuki when he only saw him in his OBE form, but still the reaction was hilarious

Tworble: damn right about that. at least we all had the foresight to keep on watching and we definitely aint disappointed.
hachihachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 13:11   Link #297
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
The fourth dude (the bullying victim) seems to have come to stay. Any speculations about his role in the story? Tragic death by ep 15? Or a traitor?
Hmm, it's hard to say. You can see he is still scared of the bullies from his reaction in episode 11, though it doesn't look like he has a important role to play in the series. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, though i can see it's not the end of the bully situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachihachi View Post
i cant believe that bully could recognize masayuki when he only saw him in his OBE form, but still the reaction was hilarious
I didn't think he'd recognize him straight away, it must be his face that did the job. Still, that's rather crazy.

I absolutely loved how the backstory was handled in episode 11, along with that beautiful BGM track. Having Makoto and Taro there adds a lot to the emotional impact of the story.

Also Makoto's Mother appearance, what a scene.

& last but not least, hot Miyako during P.E. <3
Old 2008-01-21, 12:05   Link #298
Tworble

I just have to remark upon that cute scene where Tarou puts his hand over his heart after visions of Miyako go through his mind and then his friend mentions going to the shrine. That is so reminiscent of a serious crush: I would not regulate it to mere puppy love.

I was kinda hoping they might follow the bully around and haunt him, lol!
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 12:31   Link #299
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
His character design is pretty generic, so I definitely think he won't make it to the end of the show as a friend (either he betrays them or by death).
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 02:05   Link #300
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Finally got around to watch the first episdoe for this show. For now, just want to thank Genjo for their awesome effort at subbing this show.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, production i.g.