AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 13:58   Link #141
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I don't think Tobi's genjutsu reflects Naruto's desires. I think it more reflects Tobi's desires. It seams Tobi is NaruHina fan
I'd agree with you if it weren't for the panel featuring Tobi stating "first we need to find out what the target of this jutsu desires...". The last few panels also kind of confirm it as he says "Naruto Uzumaki...I peaked inside your heart. What you desire is...

Though Tobi being a NaruHina fan is an amusing thought. lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 14:03   Link #142
Tachibana
タチバナ

To be honest, I don't see Naruto and Sakura getting together, their relationship is more of a brother and sister type, with their current relationship, thats not likely going to change.

I proudly support the NaruHina pairing, Hinata's confession and her declaration to be with Naruto after war was just pure awesomeness.

@Monir
I love the idea of Hinata having her way with Naruto, she is determined to have Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'd agree with you if it weren't for the panel featuring Tobi stating "first we need to find out what the target of this jutsu desires...". The last few panels also kind of confirm it as he says "Naruto Uzumaki...I peaked inside your heart. What you desire is...

If that is the true desire of Naruto's heart than that means he wants to be with a very bold, strong willed and aggressive Hinata, thats a nice observation.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:05   Link #143
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It still doesn't mean Naruto want's aggressive Hinata. For all we know Naruto want's Casanova Sasuke . I rather think that that's Hinata's desire (wanting to be aggressive and openly shove her love for Naruto), but she never showed that part of herself since she is shy.

Quote:
If that is the true desire of Naruto's heart than that means he wants to be with a very bold, strong willed and aggressive Hinata, thats a nice observation.
Then we also need to accept that Naruto wants creepy Neji, playboy Sasuke, clumsy TenTen etc...
Old 2012-07-18, 14:34   Link #144
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
It still doesn't mean Naruto want's aggressive Hinata. For all we know Naruto want's Casanova Sasuke . I rather think that that's Hinata's desire (wanting to be aggressive and openly shove her love for Naruto), but she never showed that part of herself since she is shy.

Then we also need to accept that Naruto wants creepy Neji, playboy Sasuke, clumsy TenTen etc...
There's always a chance the traits these characters possess (and the traits that Naruto desires) within the alternate universe are merely being exaggerated. Sasuke's new personality in particular could be a symbol of Naruto's desire to have a Sasuke that's just a little more friendlier, kinder, and approachable. And I'm sure Naruto's wanted Hinata to grow a little more backbone ever since he got to know her during the chuunin exams.

Admittedly, you got me with the changes to Neji and Tenten though. Maybe I'll be able to make up something after I see more of their alternate personalities in action. At a glance, it almost seems like Naruto just wants those two to have some kind of crutch he can laugh at. lol

Come to think of it, the theory might also explain why Sakura doesn't seem to be any different. In his subconscious, Naruto may not want her to change at all. Thats about all the NaruSaku support I'll be giving in this thread.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:48   Link #145
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
So Shino and Lee are also still the exact same?
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 14:52   Link #146
MAX_COLA_POWER!

@sayde, is your avatar a fanart?
Old 2012-07-18, 14:53   Link #147
sayde

Naa...Ulquiorra posted it today on the previous page of this thread.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...21#post4261021
It's cool cuz it's official art!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
I think they were confirmed to have undergone a few personality changes as well. Though I can't find the exact source at the moment.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:55   Link #148
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Come to think of it, the theory might also explain why Sakura doesn't seem to be any different. In his subconscious, Naruto may not want her to change at all. Thats about all the NaruSaku support I'll be giving in this thread.
I wouldn't call it "NaruSaku support", because in the main story, it's like I said their relationship is basically that of brother and sister, if the Sakura in this AU is to remain the same like you say with the desires of Naruto's heart, than that also means he doesn't wish for their current relationship to change. There is also the NaruHina in this AU, the desires in Naruto's heart did not change Hinata's feelings for him, this means that he accepts her love for him and that the two can become a pairing.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:56   Link #149
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I wouldn't call it "NaruSaku support", because in the main story, it's like I said their relationship is basically that of brother and sister, if the Sakura in this AU is to remain the same with the desires of Naruto's heart, than that also means he doesn't wish for their current relationship to change. There is also the NaruHina in this AU, the desires in Naruto's heart did not change Hinata's feelings for him, this means that he accepts her love for him and that the two can become a pairing.
Touche. I didn't consider that all.
Old 2012-07-18, 15:02   Link #150
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I think this is rather positive for NaruSaku. Naruto doesn't want to change Sakura because he loves her the way she is (with all the good and bad stuff). That's what love is all about imo, accepting someone's good and bad side. Not changing said person to your likes.
Old 2012-07-18, 15:27   Link #151
DurararaFTW

From what i can tell Sakura and Naruto are actually the real Sakura and Naruto. Obviously they don't change, that doesn't neccesarily mean Sakura can't possibly improved upon in Naruto's eyes
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 15:42   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That one shot was pretty fun. It's been ages since the last humorous Naruto chapter.

Quote:

What Naruto desires is a loving family and friends. The change in the character's personalities is a very random side effect of that wish, I guess. I don't think we should look too deeply into this.
Old 2012-07-18, 15:47   Link #153
konart

Quote:
Thanks for posting that pic Ulquiorra! I took the liberty of making the top portion a little easier to see correctly.
Spoiler for manga cover:

I'm really loving this. The center-left portion makes me excited.
Body swap?

Neji has Naruto's face
Chouji looks like Shika
Ino is a scaredy-cat like Hinata
etc...

should've read the last page before posting -_-'
Old 2012-07-18, 16:22   Link #154
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
A summary from Shonen Jump

Quote:
A dozen years ago a huge monster called the 9 tails fox demon was unleashed by a mysterious masked man. The village of Konoiha was attacked by this monster and was on the verge of being destroyed. There was only one way to save the village. The Fourth Hokage Minato, together with his wife Kushina, sealed the demon into their son who was just born. Those two sacrificed their lives, and saved the village, entrusting its future to Naruto.

Some time went by until members of Akatsuki, a menacing group of terrorists, composed of Pain, Konan, Itachi, Kisame, Sasori, Deidara, Hidan, and Kakuzu, assaulted the village of Konoha. Naruto and his friends barely succeeded in stopping them. But just as the Konoha ninja are being praised for their victory, these Akatsuki members seem to return back from the dead . In the meantime, Naruto, who doesn't know his parents' face, can't help it to feel very lonely. Just around that time the masked man shows up in the village of Konoha. The mysterious new eye technique of this man then strikes both Naruto and Sakura.

Now, his terrifying ambition is revealed ! Is he targeting the 9 tails?
What will happen to Naruto Sakura, and their friends?
The fierce fight is inevitable! The war is at its climax !
So it looks to be an AU with a slight twist on canon.
from the 3rd or so page.
Think Sakura is normal in this one, as she is trap with Naruto.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 17:05   Link #155
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What Naruto desires is a loving family and friends. The change in the character's personalities is a very random side effect of that wish, I guess. I don't think we should look too deeply into this.
I hope there's more to it than just that. Because if this is the extent of the desire, it would be an awfully disappointing revelation. Especially since such desires should've already been fulfilled. To be more specific, its been implied on numerous occasions that he's acknowledged the love and friendship he has from his parents, mentors, and his many friends within the leaf village and beyond. So outside the presence of a living Kushina and Minato, I'm not seeing any other desires this infinite tsukyomi could be fulfilling for our main protagonist if that's indeed to be the case. On the other hand, I think it would provide a pretty interesting look into Naruto's psyche if the changed personalities we see in the film are indeed supposed to be based off hidden desires of things he'd like to tweak in those he knows and cares about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
from the 3rd or so page.
Think Sakura is normal in this one, as she is trap with Naruto.
Seems fair to claim at this point that the jump preview kind of contradicts the events that took place within this movie's manga intro thus far. So if Sakura does get caught up in this illusion like Shonen Jump claims, it will be interesting to find out how. Because Tobi and his magic orb only seem to have their sights set on Naruto at the moment.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-07-18 at 17:16.
Old 2012-07-18, 17:33   Link #156
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Seems fair to claim at this point that the jump preview kind of contradicts the events that took place within this movie's manga intro thus far. So if Sakura does get caught up in this illusion like Shonen Jump claims, it will be interesting to find out how. Because Tobi and his magic orb only seem to have their sights set on Naruto at the moment.
Since Tobi's limited Tsukuyomi is a jutsu that will create a world of the desires in Naruto's heart, it will be interesting to find out how Sakura got sucked in.
Old 2012-07-18, 17:50   Link #157
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, this one shot certainly answered one question when it comes to hinata. She definitely has floaters so they're real.
Old 2012-07-18, 18:11   Link #158
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Well, this one shot certainly answered one question when it comes to hinata. She definitely has floaters so they're real.
Naruto's lucky, those are going to be his future favorite pillows when it comes to bedtime.
Old 2012-07-18, 18:19   Link #159
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Since Ino's sunk, does it prove that hers are faker than the relevance of the Shinobi War arc?

Last edited by MAX_COLA_POWER!; 2012-07-18 at 18:41.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:56   Link #160
DurararaFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Lee is exactly the same. Alternate Shino as you can see above is holding up a bug spray.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote