AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-28, 15:41   Link #581
coded321
He Who Games

Were her parents shown at the funeral? Also its just sad how I keep coming back here, hoping to see news that seo reveals it was all fake and never happened...
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 16:08   Link #582
Hassou Tobi

If no magical elements are involved, generally the only way a dead character is ever revived in fiction is if it's a TV show and the actor was killed off thanks to a pay dispute. If the pay dispute is resolved, the character comes back. See Dallas (character's death was a dream) and Prison Break (a lookalike was beheaded, and the severed head wasn't ever inspected closely enough. Yes, really).

It's always an ass pull whenever something like that happens. Sure, Seo could make it all have been a dream sequence, but I think that shows that A. He was too gutless to explore the story after Fuuka's death or B. He caves too easily to outside negative pressure (which could be related to A).

If he backtracks and makes it so she never died, it really ruins the emotional impact. Personally, while I wish she hadn't died, I think Fuuka's revival after we've all read this somber funeral chapter would really kill Seo's credibility. It's a form of wish-fulfillment best left to fanfiction. This is Kouji Seo's story, he's in control of it, and we don't have to read it if we don't want to.

You know what would be in really poor taste?
Spoiler for Really poor taste:
Hassou Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 16:14   Link #583
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassou Tobi View Post
If no magical elements are involved, generally the only way a dead character is ever revived in fiction is if it's a TV show and the actor was killed off thanks to a pay dispute. If the pay dispute is resolved, the character comes back. See Dallas (character's death was a dream) and Prison Break (a lookalike was beheaded, and the severed head wasn't ever inspected closely enough. Yes, really).

It's always an ass pull whenever something like that happens. Sure, Seo could make it all have been a dream sequence, but I think that shows that A. He was too gutless to explore the story after Fuuka's death or B. He caves too easily to outside negative pressure (which could be related to A).

You know what would be in really poor taste?
Spoiler for Really poor taste:
If he does the "What if" chapters, he'll totally have her as the last girl...no doubt about it. Mind you, they may not be focused on the first time having sex like with KNIM.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 16:45   Link #584
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
Not everyone cries at a funeral plus this funeral probably took place awhile after the accident so the parents had time to grieve and cry their hearts out already.
I've been to a few funerals... And no matter if the family cries it out or not before the funeral, but when you see someone dear to you being dropped down in a hole, and finally, fully, realizing they're really gone can make even the toughest people cry... You get a realization, if you didn't before that, that life really has it's beginning and an ending, and you also fully understand that you will never see that person you drank coffee 2 days before again, not even hear their voice...

Now, tell me you wouldn't cry if your oldest child was dead... Especially if there's a reporter asking about his/her childhood... No matter what you say, you would probably end up crying...
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 16:49   Link #585
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If he does the "What if" chapters, he'll totally have her as the last girl...no doubt about it. Mind you, they may not be focused on the first time having sex like with KNIM.
I actually wouldn't mind it if he created a mini series after Fuuka's ending depicting their relationship/future and bands popularity if she did not die... but i wouldn't want that, because it would just make me depressed even more...

I also agree with some people that Seo is a good writer! He makes you read and rage about his manga, which means you're emotionally invested in them! Let's just hope he can make this "legend" so good that we'll be left speechless

P.S. It seems that discussing this with people online is really helping my quasi depression
Old 2014-10-28, 17:36   Link #586
SamVision

Even though I dislike most (all) of his mangas, I do think Seo is a good writer. I just wish he stops writing romance for a while and tries a different genre, because all of his romance stories and their characters feel very similar to each other.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 18:37   Link #587
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVision View Post
Even though I dislike most (all) of his mangas, I do think Seo is a good writer. I just wish he stops writing romance for a while and tries a different genre, because all of his romance stories and their characters feel very similar to each other.
Yeah, it would be nice if he took some other genre, but i would also like it if he didn't forget about romance I'm a huge fan of subtle romance.

I think it's most likely because almost (all) of his characters look identical (i mean MC's)... Like they're all born from the same parents...
Old 2014-10-28, 19:13   Link #588
Legendzerox

I can't be the only one hoping Fuuka is somehow alive right?
Legendzerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 19:16   Link #589
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
i hope so too legendzerox unfortunately, i very much doubt that seo(that bastard!!!) is going to be that merciful. otherwise, he would never have done this in the first place.
Old 2014-10-28, 19:55   Link #590
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVision View Post
I think Princess Lucia is pretty good because even when it tries to be serious it's still really silly. It's the only one of Seo's stuff I actually follow more than glance at every so often.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 20:19   Link #591
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
You're not. My bout of denial is that when Mikasa said to wake up it meant that she's actually brain dead in a hospital somewhere, and not dead dead. That they had the funeral for closure or something because of the unlikelihood of her waking up.

I know she's really dead, I know I'm in denial. I just can't fully accept it yet. I'm not at that stage !
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 20:41   Link #592
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
You're not. My bout of denial is that when Mikasa said to wake up it meant that she's actually brain dead in a hospital somewhere, and not dead dead. That they had the funeral for closure or something because of the unlikelihood of her waking up.

I know she's really dead, I know I'm in denial. I just can't fully accept it yet. I'm not at that stage !
wouldn't that be a heck of a story huh? she's clinically brain dead so haruna moves on and gets a new girlfriend, and then when he is finally able to move past her, she miraculously wakes up. sorry this is just me coping right now, hoping seo will reverse his decision.
Old 2014-10-28, 20:45   Link #593
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Isn't that basically Kiminozo?
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 20:58   Link #594
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Yes, that was pretty much Kiminozo.
Old 2014-10-28, 21:26   Link #595
Legendzerox

Quote:

If only. Like I been saying, those who wish Fuuka to be all right don't give up hope until we are 100% sure she is dead. Its still pretty ambiguous.
Old 2014-10-28, 21:36   Link #596
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If you consider a funeral to be "pretty ambiguous" then yes...it's pretty ambiguous.
Seriously...there was a funeral, they wouldn't have made a funeral unless she actually died. Nobody does funerals for people in comas...
Old 2014-10-28, 21:45   Link #597
justavisitor

wow, can't believe it really happens...but from the large pool of blood from the previous chapter, it seems like her death is inevitable...(unless princess lucia can do something about it...)

Well, we always complain that Seo is predictable...and well we might actually get what we "deserve"--an unpredictable twist that no one saw it coming, and no one wants it (Fuuka was a really likable character too)

For someone who has been waiting for Seo's weekly chapter since Suzuka...I don't feel it ruins the happy ending of Suzuka...I always view each work independently anyway

Can't wait to see what happens next, and I wonder how do the fans in Japan react. Hope Seo is okay XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 21:59   Link #598
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
I had no idea i had just summarized the plot of a series i'd have never heard of until now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If you consider a funeral to be "pretty ambiguous" then yes...it's pretty ambiguous.
Seriously...there was a funeral, they wouldn't have made a funeral unless she actually died. Nobody does funerals for people in comas...
all of us are either in denial, or grasping at straws right now, like what i have been doing today and yesterday after reading chp 37. I can't believe am saying this, but i am seriously going through the stages of grief right now. seo has just trolled me and his readers that much.
Old 2014-10-28, 22:18   Link #599
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
wouldn't that be a heck of a story huh? she's clinically brain dead so haruna moves on and gets a new girlfriend, and then when he is finally able to move past her, she miraculously wakes up. sorry this is just me coping right now, hoping seo will reverse his decision.
Oh if only. I'd be happy with that development. But. I completely admit I'm in denial that she's dead.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 22:24   Link #600
Legendzerox

Quote:
Oh if only. I'd be happy with that development. But. I completely admit I'm in denial that she's dead.
Ever watch Rumbling Hearts? Like someone else said, Mikasa was telling her to wake up and Yuu himself was telling Fuuka to hurry up and get over here. So until I am 100% sure she is actually dead, I am gonna keep on believing.

Tags
harem, music, romance, seo being seo, seo kouji, shounen, tragedy