AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-14, 06:45   Link #8301
KosEns

I have long ago decided that if Esdeath can last to the very end of the story, i will buy a complete set of manga.

Probably my money will be saved. :]
KosEns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 08:51   Link #8302
XFire
150% done

Don't do this to yourselves, guys. Considering where we are in the story, we're going to get rumors of everyone's deaths in the next couple of weeks.

And then no one (significant) will die, Tatsumi will get away with Mine, and Esdeath will become a hikkikomori from depression.
Old 2014-11-14, 08:58   Link #8303
LordZero25
Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Don't do this to yourselves, guys. Considering where we are in the story, we're going to get rumors of everyone's deaths in the next couple of weeks.

And then no one (significant) will die, Tatsumi will get away with Mine, and Esdeath will become a hikkikomori from depression.
i'd accept anything just to see Esdese suffering.

「歌は神秘」
LordZero25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 09:02   Link #8304
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZero25 View Post
i'd accept anything just to see Esdese suffering.
Ah, a fellow Esdeath hater then. Well, no worries. There's no way she gets out of this unscathed, physically or emotionally. One way or another, this is it for her.
Old 2014-11-14, 10:51   Link #8305
Nagakun
The One who Peek

Unless Esdeath kill Tatsumi midway saying no one will take Tatsumi from her, making the rescue a failure (=w= ||)
Old 2014-11-14, 16:43   Link #8306
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Yeah, if the rumor is true then this could happen, but is still ridiculous to drop it only because of that. We all knew that it could or can happen one day, so it wouldn't be that shock. If it's correct ( what I'm doubt currently) then I want a good explanation for it. Then I could accept it.
Well, I doubt people will stick to the manga for Tatsumi seeing how lacking in popularity he is.

Quote:
Ah, a fellow Esdeath hater then. Well, no worries. There's no way she gets out of this unscathed, physically or emotionally. One way or another, this is it for her.
I remember reading the same when NR fought her with Susanoo on their team
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 17:10   Link #8307
Secori

I doubt that Tatsumi never being with her and never accepting her will have a significant impact on Esdeath. It may have an impact but it will be very little to a point where she simply will not care or even notice. Take the few past chapters for example: She decided to execute him because he would not accept her. Regardless of her wanting to kill him or not she is obeying the PMs orders.

No doubt, he gave the order to execute Tatsumi, he gave the order as seen in the latest chapter to have the public execution. What does she do? She actually goes through with it. This means her intent and lack of caring is there. If Mine didnt show up the execution regardless of intent would have happened. We see her as having the "oh well" attitude. She does not even care that she will greatly injure Tatsumi by stabbing him. She does not give a damn about the fact how much pain he will be in. All she says is that she has "high expectations on how long he can stay alive". I mean what in the living fuck is wrong with this woman. She does not even consider the fact that what if he does not make it? What if he dies? With her very wrong and very extreme view point she would have said "you were too weak".

She is just a simple dog on a leash to the PM. She for some reason does not see this. The PM sees Esdeath is an ally that is true, but only because circumstances allow it. Should they change he will surely attempt to get rid of her or put her in her place. Point being emotionally the whole Tatsumi-Mine situation will not affect her and she will simply shake it off. It is sad that the author is showing Esdeath in such a manner. A simple dog on a leash if she gets out of line she will be removed or put back in line. This is my opinion and we will see if I am wrong in the coming chapters.

Last edited by Secori; 2014-11-15 at 01:01.
Secori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 17:19   Link #8308
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Well, I doubt people will stick to the manga for Tatsumi seeing how lacking in popularity he is.
But what is if he becomes super awesome instantly .

It's kinda funny when you think about it that the most popular characters could be those who are dead.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 17:51   Link #8309
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
But what is if he becomes super awesome instantly .

It's kinda funny when you think about it that the most popular characters could be those who are dead.
*looks at Chelsea owning the 2nd place at the ranksings*

Yeap, even the dead defeat Tats .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 18:37   Link #8310
Hassou Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post

The voters are probably jealous of his "relationship" with Esdeath and are shunning him.

(psst...who's the blond girl in your signature?)
Hassou Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 18:49   Link #8311
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post

of course, chelsea best girl, i love naughty bitch like her
Old 2014-11-14, 19:00   Link #8312
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassou Tobi View Post
The voters are probably jealous of his "relationship" with Esdeath and are shunning him.

(psst...who's the blond girl in your signature?)
That's like saying the large number of female voters(me included) are also jealouse of Tatsumi(hahaha).

Shokuhou Misaki
Old 2014-11-14, 19:29   Link #8313
Hassou Tobi

Thanks for the ID. I'm not familiar with the Index series, I thought I recognized the artist. Guess not.
Hassou Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 20:05   Link #8314
Nagakun
The One who Peek

Maybe they want to call Esdeath their One-sama... well, maybe they also hate Tatsumi..
Old 2014-11-14, 20:42   Link #8315
Raviel

Quote:

Finally, someone else who thinks a depressed Esdeath is a comedic goldmine this series has yet to exploit

Although seriously, I'd like to see a depressed Esdeath not because I hate her (not quite sure how to describe my feelings on Esdeath ) but because I am genuinely curious about what it would look like.

I mean seeing her.......defeated like that complete with tears and what not would probably make me go completely WTF the same way her dere side when she first saw Tatsumi.

Also I want to see this happen:

*depressed Esdeath walks in on Wave and Kurome having a moment*

Esdeath: I HATE YOU ALL *runs away in tears*

Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 20:48   Link #8316
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I still don't get those who outright hate Esdeath as a character. I mean, she is a hilarious yet vicious villain. She is truly despicable yet can be really warm with her subordinates. She's also uber-powerful and independent, not a mustache-twirling Bond-villain type. In other words, she's a good villain (not to be confused with a good person) like Vegeta, Joker, Hannibal Lecter, Darth Vader, Freddie Kruger, etc. Of course, I would love to see Esdeath getting her comeuppance (you may remember me, in past pages, suggesting that the author can get her raped by PM or shit like that just to see her reaction of feeling so weak, abused and helpless like her victims, especially the innocent civilians) but I certainly don't hate her as a character. She is one of few factors that make this manga shines.
Old 2014-11-15, 04:26   Link #8317
G147

Well we'll have to wait and see. Esdeath's death can work in two ways after all. It may boost the popularity of series even more, or it may just kill the entire franchise itself.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 11:09   Link #8318
DeliriousEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
(you may remember me, in past pages, suggesting that the author can get her raped by PM or shit like that just to see her reaction of feeling so weak, abused and helpless like her victims, especially the innocent civilians) but I certainly don't hate her as a character. She is one of few factors that make this manga shines.

Holy fuck i do remember you.
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 13:31   Link #8319
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Finally, someone else who thinks a depressed Esdeath is a comedic goldmine this series has yet to exploit

Although seriously, I'd like to see a depressed Esdeath not because I hate her (not quite sure how to describe my feelings on Esdeath ) but because I am genuinely curious about what it would look like.

I mean seeing her.......defeated like that complete with tears and what not would probably make me go completely WTF the same way her dere side when she first saw Tatsumi.

Also I want to see this happen:

*depressed Esdeath walks in on Wave and Kurome having a moment*

Esdeath: I HATE YOU ALL *runs away in tears*

Wantwantwantwantwant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I still don't get those who outright hate Esdeath as a character. I mean, she is a hilarious yet vicious villain. She is truly despicable yet can be really warm with her subordinates. She's also uber-powerful and independent, not a mustache-twirling Bond-villain type. In other words, she's a good villain (not to be confused with a good person) like Vegeta, Joker, Hannibal Lecter, Darth Vader, Freddie Kruger, etc. Of course, I would love to see Esdeath getting her comeuppance (you may remember me, in past pages, suggesting that the author can get her raped by PM or shit like that just to see her reaction of feeling so weak, abused and helpless like her victims, especially the innocent civilians) but I certainly don't hate her as a character. She is one of few factors that make this manga shines.
It's less that I hate her and more I hate her fans.

I love the fact that we have an unashamed villain who is evil because she is f***ing evil, and not because of some sob story in her past. I hate the fact that her fans claim she is just misunderstood and redeemable despite the fact that her character is based around being unredeemable.

I love that she's capable of love and affection for others while still being evil, as it makes her far more interesting as a character. I hate the fact that her fans claim this is her true nature and her villainy some kind of charade.

And so on. Esdeath is a wonderfully made character and an excellent villain. As you said, quite similar to the Joker, who's probably my favorite villain ever. STOP TRYING TO REDEEM MY SEXY FEMALE JOKER DAMMIT.
Old 2014-11-15, 16:25   Link #8320
Miraluka
Banned

^
Then you're doing it wrong.

Lear from us of the Index's subforum, we love trolling the Misaka Mikoto's Cult.

I guess this is the source of the rumor:

Spoiler for Image:

Still I think it's a fake as fuck.

... or not.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!