Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-12-10, 15:01   Link #13561
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Considering how tough Mard Geer was, Natsu may not have even seriously hurt him, it was really Gray who dealt the finishing blow, which we already know he could do. Also if it weren't for Gray, Natsu definitely would have been dead.

So I don't think it was that bad of a conclusion.
Still doesn't change the fact that Natsu was there, standing.

Goku was crushed by Vegeta's Ape form, and he couldn't stand up anymore. Till the end of the battle, he was there, lying on the ground and watching/listening to what was happening.

That's never the case with Natsu/Erza. No matter how much they are crushed, they are always ready to fight. Even if they are saved by someone from supposed death, they are walking in another scene or limping and crawling only when the fight is not needed. No matter what Maard did, it looked like he would never do enough damage. That is my biggest problem with this manga. Except for Lucy cuz' she was one of the rare ones that get taken out quite badly in a few chapters.

Of course Natsu will win, but at least give some time for bad guys to shine before they do it.
Old 2014-12-12, 12:57   Link #13562
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimrui View Post
Still doesn't change the fact that Natsu was there, standing.

Goku was crushed by Vegeta's Ape form, and he couldn't stand up anymore. Till the end of the battle, he was there, lying on the ground and watching/listening to what was happening.

That's never the case with Natsu/Erza. No matter how much they are crushed, they are always ready to fight. Even if they are saved by someone from supposed death, they are walking in another scene or limping and crawling only when the fight is not needed. No matter what Maard did, it looked like he would never do enough damage. That is my biggest problem with this manga. Except for Lucy cuz' she was one of the rare ones that get taken out quite badly in a few chapters.

Of course Natsu will win, but at least give some time for bad guys to shine before they do it.
Ill be honest my biggest problem with the manga started and the end of the GMG and the whole battle with the dragons. A full powered sting goes up against the members all weakened and he pretty much gave up. And of course the way that they lasted as long as they did plus the way that all ended was a shitty way to do it. From there i stopped enjoy the crappy way things played out but thats me

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 00:49   Link #13563
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Actually it says in the chapter I was Inside you all along. So he was inside natsu. The main problem with the chapter IMO is two things. 1. The Face plot point is resolved far too simply 2. if it were just Gajeel natsu and wendy i'd be okay but apparently somehow Rogue and stings dragons are ALIVE when they said to kill them.
Its more or less they keep bringing back old points just to destroy them because they wrote themselves into a corner. Other examples include Lisanna (i still cant figure out why they've brought her back). The way they handled Silver was utterly idiotic IMO. The way they handled face's awkening is also very strange. it feels like they know wat they want to do but cant write it without contradicting themselves. Erza v Kyouko was also handled rather poorly.
To be honest, I always assumed the "I was inside you all along" was just a metaphor (like, all you had to do was call me, and I would come--my powers have been with you... and blah, blah blah), and that the last chapter basically confirmed my assumption. This is why I feel like you shouldn't be mad at it.

1. This I agree with. It was an asspull.

2. Well, I feel like Rouge and Sting's dragons are going to be explained shortly... we're going to find out what it really means when they say that they killed them--because it's clear that they don't actually know what's going on.

3. Lisanna isn't totally ruined yet. Maybe she'll be more interesting in one of the spin-off's. Or maybe still a chance for more roles in the main plot, if this keeps on going after this arc...

4. Silver wasn't that bad because of the romance part, but it was sad that it was so short. Hopefully he appears in some side-story somewhere to give him more characterization... but I somehow doubt it.

5. Erza versus Kyouka was okay... not good... not horrible.

6. I actually don't really have a problem with the Face stuff... I think the main problem was that the chapters are just way too short... and not that much can be done about that... given that limitation, if you ignore the pacing and just look at the volumes (instead of weekly chapters) then it was fine. I liked Wendy's scenes here. I also thought face was done rather well (compared to other things in this manga). I mean it isn't perfect or even amazing, but it is still pretty interesting.

Yeah...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 06:18   Link #13564
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
To be honest, I always assumed the "I was inside you all along" was just a metaphor (like, all you had to do was call me, and I would come--my powers have been with you... and blah, blah blah), and that the last chapter basically confirmed my assumption. This is why I feel like you shouldn't be mad at it.

1. This I agree with. It was an asspull.

2. Well, I feel like Rouge and Sting's dragons are going to be explained shortly... we're going to find out what it really means when they say that they killed them--because it's clear that they don't actually know what's going on.

3. Lisanna isn't totally ruined yet. Maybe she'll be more interesting in one of the spin-off's. Or maybe still a chance for more roles in the main plot, if this keeps on going after this arc...

4. Silver wasn't that bad because of the romance part, but it was sad that it was so short. Hopefully he appears in some side-story somewhere to give him more characterization... but I somehow doubt it.

5. Erza versus Kyouka was okay... not good... not horrible.

6. I actually don't really have a problem with the Face stuff... I think the main problem was that the chapters are just way too short... and not that much can be done about that... given that limitation, if you ignore the pacing and just look at the volumes (instead of weekly chapters) then it was fine. I liked Wendy's scenes here. I also thought face was done rather well (compared to other things in this manga). I mean it isn't perfect or even amazing, but it is still pretty interesting.

Yeah...
To respond to your points that have a beef with.
4. the Silver arc was only good because of JuviaxGray moments... thats not a good thing. And characterization likely aint happening in Gray's side story since by that point he's gone.
2. They have to explain the dragons otherwise there's a lot of backlash.
3. I think the only time you're even remotely reminded of NatsuxLisanna was the wedding dress battle during Mira's "fight" in the GMG and that was ended when Lucy fell onto Natsu.
Frankly the best chance to have natsu Lisanna moments would've been pairing them up as a team for GMG but then again u would've left happy out of things completely (which isnt exactly a bad thing).

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-15, 09:59   Link #13565
immblueversion

No new chapter yet. What's the occasion?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 10:19   Link #13566
_Misfit

^ I heard that the magazine is on break? Could be wrong though, and this is just some weird delay.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 10:38   Link #13567
MCAL

Yeah, most mangas are on break this week, because of the holidays I presume.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 10:39   Link #13568
Krono

The issue chapter 412 was in was a double issue. So unless something happens to leak early, no chapter until next week.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 15:09   Link #13569
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I think Erza vs Kyouka conclusion is about the only fight of hers that is legitimately disliked. Most people overuse the term plot armor for her, but the ending of that fight was 100% plot armor.
Old 2014-12-19, 16:31   Link #13570
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I think Erza vs Kyouka conclusion is about the only fight of hers that is legitimately disliked. Most people overuse the term plot armor for her, but the ending of that fight was 100% plot armor.
Really?

I don't know. Erza's reason for getting back into the fight after being hit with Kyouka's main deal was definitely a stretch (even lampshaded by the Exceed when they said she did it "because she's Erza."), but she actually passes out before she could seal the deal, and Minerva was needed to make the actual finishing blow.

I would think the more controversial conclusion would be her fight with Azuma. Whereas post-2nd Origin Erza was established as being at least in Kyouka's weight class, pre-2nd Origin Erza seemed to be firmly established as NOT in Azuma's weight class. That fight was his, through and through, and the only reason he lost is because the energy of the Tenrou tree he stole refused to harm a Fairy Tail member and instead imbued Erza with that energy instead for one strike.

That's arguably a far greater case of 'plot armor' than any instance where she toughed things out/turned things around by being ridiculously tough and will-driven as people have become accustomed to seeing, for better or for worse.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 18:31   Link #13571
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I think the Azuma vs Erza fight is one of the ones people most mistakenly label plot armor. They was perfectly legitimate cause for Erza to survive Azuma's final attack due to the nature of the Tenrou Tree and Living Magic within Fairy Tail's setting. While the fight wasn't won by Erza's own strength, it was quite explainable within the context of the story.
Azuma vs Erza was also a close fight before the final exchange of attacks occurred, so Erza was hardly outclassed.

But in her fight with Kyouka had her able to accurately strike a opponent without even being able to sense her location by any means possible, and did so with enough force to incapacitate her to the extent that Minvera could finish her off. Keep in mind these two had been relatively evenly matched before Kyouka deprived her of her senses.
Old 2014-12-22, 07:04   Link #13572
ImperialFlameGod8190

well chapter is out and not much to it

Old 2014-12-22, 08:14   Link #13573
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

poor zeref....looks so sad
Old 2014-12-22, 08:26   Link #13574
ImperialFlameGod8190

dont u mean poor us for wasting our time once again with garbage

Old 2014-12-22, 08:52   Link #13575
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Zeref is here... dun dun dun..

why everything moving so slow... I'm getting sleepy reading Fairy Tail
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 09:14   Link #13576
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
dont u mean poor us for wasting our time once again with garbage
If you think Fairy tail garbage why read it I thought the chapter was pretty good your right not much happen but progressed the story with zeref and we learn 1 of the reasons why the dragons were inside the slayers but I want to how sting and rouge Dragons were inside them weren't they suppose to kill them
Old 2014-12-22, 09:16   Link #13577
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Zeref is here... dun dun dun..

why everything moving so slow... I'm getting sleepy reading Fairy Tail
Maybe you should wait for more chapters to built up and than read them all. if it getting boring for you just another manga.

Last edited by Mikethemaster; 2014-12-22 at 09:35.
Mikethemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 10:14   Link #13578
immblueversion

Well, I read on a certain Tumblr that this week's chapter is another double-issue, so we may be getting another break next week.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 14:20   Link #13579
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
If you think Fairy tail garbage why read it I thought the chapter was pretty good your right not much happen but progressed the story with zeref and we learn 1 of the reasons why the dragons were inside the slayers but I want to how sting and rouge Dragons were inside them weren't they suppose to kill them
uve missed my point FT isnt garbage but this chapter is because literally it did nothing but tease progress its like ok so there's a sealing spell,,, and then interruptions and then zeref chapters over 17 chapters and not much to it.

Old 2014-12-22, 15:27   Link #13580
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Actually, hiding inside the DS so as to prevent them from becoming full-fledged dragons is a valid reason to disappear...imagine what it would be like if there were island-obliterating dragons with the destructive habits of Fairy Tail! We also get to know what Acnologia really wants, i.e. to destroy everything. Not unexpected, but you never know, he might have gone for world domination or something
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen