AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-02-02, 17:09   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
What about him fighting one to one with BM in order to let Luffy and crew escape? then he could go against a tough opponent.

Really, whether he fights a strong opponent or not is irrelevant, IMO. What matters is what Jinbei's joining the Straw-Hats represents.... as a bridge towards peace between humans and fish-people. That was originally supposed to be the purpose of his former warlord position, but.... well, we saw how that turned out. I think sailing with Luffy and discovering the secrets of the world will do a much better job of accomplishing that task, and him dying before his journey even begins kinda defeats that purpose, wouldn't you think? If anything, dying to Big Mom now would most likely be seen as another form of oppression in the fish-peoples' eyes, and they've had more than their fair share of that as it is....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 19:16   Link #22
Tuor

I'm not sure why people think that Pudding still might not have her own agenda. It's not like she's going to say, "Oh, BTW Mom, I'm going to totally jack your plans for tomorrow. Just thought I'd let you know while we're having this semi-private chat."
As for Jinbe... I think he's probably lying, too. But if anyone is going to be helping Luffy on Raftel, I think it'd be Shanks. Jinbe's tough, but Shanks is an Emperor. Even one-handed I think he's probably stronger than Jinbe.

Most of the good guys are now in a (relatively) safe place now, and if they did somehow manage to get a rubbing of the stone, they *could* leave after grabbing the last couple of folks still at large. But they won't, because I'm pretty sure Luffy is tired of running. So unless something totally knocks him out, I expect he'll end up in a fight with Big Mom one way or another.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 23:16   Link #23
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Really, whether he fights a strong opponent or not is irrelevant, IMO. What matters is what Jinbei's joining the Straw-Hats represents.... as a bridge towards peace between humans and fish-people. That was originally supposed to be the purpose of his former warlord position, but.... well, we saw how that turned out. I think sailing with Luffy and discovering the secrets of the world will do a much better job of accomplishing that task, and him dying before his journey even begins kinda defeats that purpose, wouldn't you think? If anything, dying to Big Mom now would most likely be seen as another form of oppression in the fish-peoples' eyes, and they've had more than their fair share of that as it is....
Not only as Straw Hats represntative but also a diplomat.. For the Straw Hats Grand Fleet itself, Jinbe is the most suited person to maintain relationship around Grand Fleet while also he was the only one that was able to get more valuable allies aside of his main job to make a bridge towards peace between human and fishman
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 01:21   Link #24
The Small One

I don't really get, why everyone is asuming than Jinbei is lying.
Personally I don't think he is the type to lie and he really refrained from using the wheel. I mean it's not only him, but everyone else also says that he did so. And if he offically left the crew, he wouldn't be allowed on Totland anymore, would he?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 08:28   Link #25
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Personally I don't think he is the type to lie and he really refrained from using the wheel. I mean it's not only him, but everyone else also says that he did so. And if he offically left the crew, he wouldn't be allowed on Totland anymore, would he?
because it was so ambiguous how the chapter cuts when he was about to spin the wheel then he suddenly shows up out of no where... why leave something that important off screen?
Old 2017-02-03, 11:30   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
He is even less the type to run away from that kind of situation. He's a man who takes his responsibilities seriously. He spinned the wheel and asked Big Mom to tell everybody he didn't as a final favor so that the Straw Hats wouldn't worry about the price he had to pay to join their crew.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets revealed much MUCH later on.
Old 2017-02-03, 11:52   Link #27
P_Dezz

This chapter truly reveals how psychotic BM is, she's worse than Doflamingo. Doesnt really want to honor deals and takes whatever she can. I really thought it was going to be Pudding as the main antagonist, but Oda showed that BM truly is a villain.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 19:52   Link #28
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He is even less the type to run away from that kind of situation. He's a man who takes his responsibilities seriously. He spinned the wheel and asked Big Mom to tell everybody he didn't as a final favor so that the Straw Hats wouldn't worry about the price he had to pay to join their crew.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets revealed much MUCH later on.
My memory is a little hazy, but didn't he also do it to protect his own crew from big Mom? To me that would be the biggest reason as to why he would't turn down the spin...

Also I really like how the Big Mom pirates are acting like actual PIRATES, mainly the lying and cheating, but also the potential double crossing, killing and plundering. It's exactly what we needed for a villain
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 21:40   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Also I really like how the Big Mom pirates are acting like actual PIRATES, mainly the lying and cheating, but also the potential double crossing, killing and plundering. It's exactly what we needed for a villain
Totally agreed. Because of those reasons, I'm going to end up liking Big Mom or Kaido the best from the original 4 yonkou. Gotta love despicable pirates .
Old 2017-02-04, 02:41   Link #30
Kaz_

Its kinda sad to see that awesome 'Boyoyoyon!' guy again after all this only to get his ass kicked. Im expecting him to become quite a pain for Sanji now.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote